Asus G75VW Cpu Overcloking

ideaalne

I have been trying to overclock my g75vw for a while now, the only success i have had is overclocking the 660m Gpu, as for the 3610qm processor mine comes with... i have not had any success with this part yet.

You can give this a shot. ASUS does not seem to lock their firmware ROMs, but their downloadable BIOS images are incomplete, so I don't know if the firmware's format on the flash ROM will match what Intel's editing tool expects.

Remember 1 small mistake can brick your laptop so be very careful. If you'd like I can check over an image for you to see if it is OK prior to flashing. Remember that at best you'll get a 10% overclock, so keep that in mind when flashing your system and putting it at risk of a brick.

I youse Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (not the last version) and it works, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW score: 20315 3DMarks i have gtx660m with no bios mod yet, need 3 posts to download bios mod to GTX660m, im not sure that it increases my G75 peformance. Sorry for my english :)

i have tried as well and no luck why is it that this laptop is a gaming one but no overclocking. i have tried a few overclocking software tools but its like everthing is blocked out.

Thankyou very much fot this info i have been looking into ths and hit a brick wall with over clocking my cpu i 7 with my asus laptop g75vw

i tried to us this software and almost every thing was blocked out.so what you are saying is to get a older version. :)

You'll have to either get a modified BIOS to allow CPU overclocks, or you'll have to find an older BIOS that doesn't have the lock on it. Assuming the latter doesn't work (and I don't think it will) you'll have to get a modified BIOS. That'll make it much easier anyways. You can also overclock your GPU if you get a modified VBIOS as well, whether or not that's tied in with the BIOS I'm not sure, but happy hunting. One of the only modified VBIOS and BIOS for the G75VW that actually works MOST OF THE TIME is from this forums. :) Happy Hunting :P

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to try and find out what I can do with regards to overclocking my G75VW. Just found out BIOS is locked and I can't do squat.

I found this post on a Google search and decided I'd see if anyone else has been able to get this i7 overclocked.

• 4 weeks later...

The 3610qm is not overclockable, even if the BIOS allows it it will never happen. The 37xxqm and up has overclockable turbo, other than that you'll need an XM version in order to increase the multiplier.

The 3610qm is not overclockable, even if the BIOS allows it it will never happen. The 37xxqm and up has overclockable turbo, other than that you'll need an XM version in order to increase the multiplier.

Ye that is true, I simply only gave an example of temps and I believe the other cpus would have similar temps aswell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder

This statement is true. But! It does not apply to gaming laptops. This notebook is equipped excellent cooling system that can easily handle any overclocking.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This statement is true. But! It does not apply to gaming laptops. This notebook is equipped excellent cooling system that can easily handle any overclocking.

Are there any aftermarket cooling system mods easy to do for this laptop? I've been thinking about updating my current y510p.

• 2 weeks later...

I've personally bought a coolermaster notepal U3 laptop cooler recently (Had the G75VW for well over a year now) and it's worked wonders for cooling. Just pop the back off and let it do its job. The laptop cooling *was* damn good - but recently it's been huffing and puffing. Cleaned it out to no avail. I suppose the only other option is to replace thermal paste.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...