GTX 470M vbios needed

vamp_lestat

A friend of mine hooked me up with a gtx 470m for my clevo, it came from the manufacturers, so it didn´t passed from clevo serviçes, so i have a problem, i need a vbios for my new gpu, i have searched everywere but i can´t seem to find one, in the old times all we nedded to do was going to mvkthech wich no longer exists, i´m kind of desperate, i need a vbios for my gpu and there´s no place were i can find it. need help. thanks.

well the thing now is, the vga now has all the data, the clocks etc and now works at full resolution etc, but now i have a problem. with gtx 280m everything works fine, but with the gtx 470m after 15 seconds caps num and scroll all started blinking (short blinks for about 30 times i guess) i am really unlucky.

it starts 15 seconds after i start the computer, the system is a clevo w870cu, the bios recognises it perfectly now with the vbios that you so kindly posted here, i don´t know, maybe the motherboard isn´t receiving the temp info from the vga, i don´t know. with the gtx 280m everything is allright. but with the 470m this happends. don´t know why.

whell i think so, at least the vga chip is making contact with the heat sink, but it could be that the heatsink might not be the right one, have to check it out better, if it isn´t the right one, i have to try and find one online, maybe ebay or so, don´t know.

• 7 months later...

Hello

I would like to download this 470M vbios, but I can't. It would help me a lot, cause I purchased a 470M from ebay, and it is engineering sample, and it shows that info at every boot up and every standby.

Can someone help me please?

Regards

Ok, so I've bought elite membership, and have it. Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hello. I having the same problem with my 470m that I brought for Sager np8760 (Clevo W870CU). After 15 to 30 seconds the leds for numlock, caps an scroll start flashing and the laptop starts beeping and the laptop will shutdown in while. Sager stay its gpu error. Seller says it needs vbios flash. I have flashed with the bios off this website but still have the same problem. Is vbios provided no good?

Hello. I having the same problem with my 470m that I brought for Sager np8760 (Clevo W870CU). After 15 to 30 seconds the leds for numlock, caps an scroll start flashing and the laptop starts beeping and the laptop will shutdown in while. Sager stay its gpu error. Seller says it needs vbios flash. I have flashed with the bios off this website but still have the same problem. Is vbios provided no good?

What are your gpu and vrm temperatures when you put the gpu under load before it crashes? You can read them out with gpu-z. Vrm's must stay under 120 degrees celcius and the gpu under 95 degrees celcius.

I Will try but its starts beeping before it gets into windows. I'm not sure if I'll enough time to check the gpu temperatures before it shuts down. Even with brand new SSD the computer still takes about 40 seconds or so to load up. You don't know any dos based temperature programs I can use?

Ok I have put thermal pads all over every component I can find on the front and back of 470m. I used a 40cm pedestal fan on the bottom of laptop to provide additional cooling. GPU temp is 27 degrees. GPU-z wouldn't work because it needs the graphics to installed correctly and I don't have time to install the drivers before it shuts down. I use Aida64 instead. It appears NVidia's older cards don't have vrm sensors so can get vrm temp. My original graphics card is 280m which still works fine.

Is there another vbios I can try?

• 8 months later...
Mysterious... Not sure what's going on.

Hi, i have a 470M Engeniering release, i just updated with this vbios and is working normally but the the gpu fans stays all the time on 2500 rpm, i have an alienware m17x r2, is there a way to fix this without using hwinfo?

With the original bios the problem was the same, thanks for your time.

Hello

I would like to download this 470M vbios, but I can't. It would help me a lot, cause I purchased a 470M from ebay, and it is engineering sample, and it shows that info at every boot up and every standby.

Can someone help me please?

Regards

Ok, so I've bought elite membership, and have it. Thanks.

Hello,

I have the same card, did you find or know a solution of why the gpu fans are stay all time in 2500 rpm?

Regards

HI dude,

But what about having the fans workin without a software? Is that not possible? i so plenty of unsupported cards on alienware m17x r2 having the fans working normally, even @svl7 created a vbios for this card for working with m15x and the fans works normally on them.

Thanks for your time.

Hi

Try using the latest bios version for the laptop, and this vbios for the card. If I remember correctly, it work ok with fans in the M15x, but I'm not sure about the M17x. If it doesn't work with any bios, than there is no other way, just manual fan control.

Hi

Try using the latest bios version for the laptop, and this vbios for the card. If I remember correctly, it work ok with fans in the M15x, but I'm not sure about the M17x. If it doesn't work with any bios, than there is no other way, just manual fan control.

Im using the latest bios A10, i will try with the unlocked bios...