Intel 3770K Owners - Tips/Tricks

Brian

Gentlemen I have a quick question (hopefully its quick). I currently own a 3570K and my friend is looking to get the 3770K due some great deals he and I found online. In your opinion, is it worth the extra to go to the 3770K. I'm trying to persuade him that a 3570K is a great option and threading is only used for the apps that can support it. Any advice?

• 1 month later...

I have delidded mine and put cool laboratory liquid ultra on DIE, lapped the IHS and put it there too and that gave me ~20-25c. But I'm still not able to go 100% stable with 4,7ghz. I need 1,416v to pass small ffts and I reach 82c max.(pretty warm ambient temp).

Funny thing is that I can prime small ffts but games go "blue smiley of death".

Friend of mine does 5ghz 24/7 with 1,48v on water. I read so many oc guide's and i have the feeling that my chip Is really that bad... (I.e.it needs too much voltage).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

wPrime_v1.55_4800_Mhz_ddr3_2275.png

4.8 ghz stock TIM under the IHS, custom water loop, 1.475v (reports 1.456v - 1.65v in cpu-z) 24-7 stable. Runs around 84c - 87c under load. average temps mid-70's during gaming. Which BTW is 100% fine and normal. TJCMAX is 105c for these chips, and most 3770k's with stock intel cooler will run at 105c and throttle constantly all day long with no issues. Been running 24-7 at these settings since summer 2012.

Typical gaming temps (Tweaked bus speed a little here):

daily-gaming-temps.png

Edited by Kithylin