M15X -> GTX 670M or GTX 675M?

Dravent

well i just can guess, but like svl7 im also thinking that it overheats. Please take a look at his guide and look up if its a dell card or a clevo one. Also the thermal sensors could be faulty, because ur problem normally indicates overheating.

greets caro0

Hi guys. I'm also joined the forum because of the upgrade thread :).

I have m15x with gt240m :( card.

I'm looking on ebay to get some inexpensive upgrade :).

Will some of this cards work on my laptop:

Toshiba V000280680 Nvidia GTX 670M 2GB GDDR5 MXM 3 0 Laptop Video Card | eBay

Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M 2GB GDDR5 MXM 3 0 N13E GS1 LP A1 Graphics Card | eBay

Cheers

The Toshiba one most likely won't work. The other looks like MSI, might work, can't guarantee it. Should work... but yea... no way to tell for sure.

I recommend going for a newer card, e.g. a 670mx, it's a bit more expensive (ca $300) but the performance is better, especially overclocked.

The Toshiba one most likely won't work. The other looks like MSI, might work, can't guarantee it. Should work... but yea... no way to tell for sure.

I recommend going for a newer card, e.g. a 670mx, it's a bit more expensive (ca $300) but the performance is better, especially overclocked.

Well running into problems now... Not sure why but i'm getting mad lag spikes. Be running at 60FPS in black ops 2 and then down to 40 fps and it goes back and forth constantly... My gpu is running nice and cool always under 70 celcius... Could it be my i7-740QM? I notice it runs hot reaching up to the 70's.... Is the cpu throttling at those temps?

Edit:

Nvm fixed it with throttle stop...