Which chipset is M18xR2

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 8 Pro on my M18xR2. It came with Win 8 Pro pre-installed but did not support secure Boot or Fast Boot (legacy ROM install).

It seems in order for the UEFI install to recognize my drives, i read I need the F6 floppy drivers of the Intel IRST drivers on a USB drive. Sure enough the windows 8 install starts and can't find any drives and gives an error about a missing media driver. I browse to the USB stick with the F6 drivers and it says that the Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID is compatible with my laptop. Problem is I don't have RAID and BIOS is set to AHCI mode (my boot drive is a 256GB mSATA drive). i untick the "Hide all drivers not compatible" and a dozen other drivers pop up including an Intel Mobile Express SATA AHCI driver. i tried it but no luck (possibly because the mSATA was not blank, but not sure)

Amongst the other drivers is the Intel Series 7 chipset driver (both SATA RAID and SATA AHCI). Would that be the best choice or am i on the wrong track altogether.

I'd like to at least try Secure BOOT / Fast Boot but after 10 failed attempts my patience is running out.

Any help would be appreciated

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 8 Pro on my M18xR2. It came with Win 8 Pro pre-installed but did not support secure Boot or Fast Boot (legacy ROM install).

It seems in order for the UEFI install to recognize my drives, i read I need the F6 floppy drivers of the Intel IRST drivers on a USB drive. Sure enough the windows 8 install starts and can't find any drives and gives an error about a missing media driver. I browse to the USB stick with the F6 drivers and it says that the Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID is compatible with my laptop. Problem is I don't have RAID and BIOS is set to AHCI mode (my boot drive is a 256GB mSATA drive). i untick the "Hide all drivers not compatible" and a dozen other drivers pop up including an Intel Mobile Express SATA AHCI driver. i tried it but no luck (possibly because the mSATA was not blank, but not sure)

Amongst the other drivers is the Intel Series 7 chipset driver (both SATA RAID and SATA AHCI). Would that be the best choice or am i on the wrong track altogether.

I'd like to at least try Secure BOOT / Fast Boot but after 10 failed attempts my patience is running out.

Any help would be appreciated

chipset is HM77, and raid driver are appropriate for AHCI normaly after you browse for the driver and load the Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID drivers when you come back to drive selection you can do refresh to see your drive. then you should be able to delete all partition and click next and windows 8 does its 4 uefi partition scheme ....

does it work when not in uefi secure boot mode ? or not a at all?

chipset is HM77, and raid driver are appropriate for AHCI normaly after you browse for the driver and load the Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID drivers when you come back to drive selection you can do refresh to see your drive. then you should be able to delete all partition and click next and windows 8 does its 4 uefi partition scheme ....

does it work when not in uefi secure boot mode ? or not a at all?

Thanks a lot. loading the Mobile Express chipset SATA RAID driver worked a treat. Windows 8 with UEFI, Secure Boot and Fast Boot all enabled :D

cheers