Battlefield 4 discussion

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

so far this game is doing great on my system(after few patches and driver optimization).get stable 60fps on medium with aa post set to high and ao set to ssao.still need a few more fix thought.but overall a great multiplayer game.

Yeah, I loved BF3 (though I bought it a while after it got released, so I never dealt with any bugs). Played the Beta, it was laggy as hell, but I liked the textures and the gameplay. Bought it on preorder. First couple of weeks I didn't play it since everytime I joined a server it crashed after 1 min.

Since December, I had very minor issues. I enjoy a lot the game. BU, I didn't buy anything from EA, they're too expensive. I suggest to any of you to go on g2a.com. If you search BF4 Premium (all DLCs and features), you'll see they have it for less than 60 EUR.

• 1 month later...

I want a bigger and totally awesome remake of Heavy Metal from BFBC2. That would be a great map for BF4. I agree with some about it just being BF3.5...but when this game is polished, it will much better. The one thing that kills me is having to muck with graphics settings every time a new map pack comes out because things were rushed and the new maps are more taxing. Not to mention peaks in the CR map pack. That's so nub to throw in a map with so much mesh that it can bring two titans down.

It takes about two weeks before a new map pack has lost it's appeal...glad my mate introduced me to arma 3 and creating our own maps.

After logging a significant amount of hours in this game I would say that I enjoy it.

HOWEVER the 10Hz tickrate is stupidly slow and ruining the game for it's players.

while it's supposedly being increased to 30hz(which is still slow imo) the game is already too far gone for a majority of users,

it's an unfinished product THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED.

That said if you join in with a bunch of friends it can be a very enjoyable experience, IF IT DIDN'T FUCKING BALANCE YOU AWAY FROM YOUR SQUAD.

They say that squad join doesn't appeal to the PC players, which leads me to believe that they don't even browse the forums, a feature that was in BFBC2, a much older game, should have been implemented from the start FOR ALL USERS.

I do love the game, but it definitely has it's problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
After logging a significant amount of hours in this game I would say that I enjoy it.

HOWEVER the 10Hz tickrate is stupidly slow and ruining the game for it's players.

while it's supposedly being increased to 30hz(which is still slow imo) the game is already too far gone for a majority of users,

it's an unfinished product THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED.

That said if you join in with a bunch of friends it can be a very enjoyable experience, IF IT DIDN'T FUCKING BALANCE YOU AWAY FROM YOUR SQUAD.

They say that squad join doesn't appeal to the PC players, which leads me to believe that they don't even browse the forums, a feature that was in BFBC2, a much older game, should have been implemented from the start FOR ALL USERS.

I do love the game, but it definitely has it's problems.

Here's a good thread on reddit with a DICE employee's reply regarding the tick rate: While The 10hz Tick Rate Remains "Net Code" will NEVER Improve. Let's Pressure DICE to Fix This! : battlefield_4 Basically EA has done this to stave off costs for server hardware. Since they want to bleed the Battlefield series with microtransactions aka DLC's, they don't release server side files to the general public anymore and have made the Battlefield series a walled off garden.

This is why people need to start boycotting the entire franchise and lend support instead to the ARMA series which is still PC to the core.

ARMA is more of a simulation than what battlefield is, and battlefield doesn't try to be like ARMA, they're different games just like CoD and CF are different games. I do agree however that DICE/EA have been greedy money hungry bastards lately :/

ARMA is more of a simulation than what battlefield is, and battlefield doesn't try to be like ARMA, they're different games just like CoD and CF are different games. I do agree however that DICE/EA have been greedy money hungry bastards lately :/

The DLC mainly comes from EA, DICE didn't even offer most of their Battlefield 4 DLC (grenades, shotguns, pistols, dmrs, etc) until a few months after Battlefield 4 was released. I recently got an update for Titanfall and there wasn't any noticeable changes except an option to purchase DLC in-game.

• Founder

ARMA 3 gun play is very similar to BF4, I go back and forth between them daily without issue. ARMA may have started out as a wannabe simulator but it's moving more and more towards being an arcade like game like the Battlefield series. Except unlike Battlefield, it has a shit ton of awesome mods and mission files (e.g. Altis life) that blow away Battlefield.

But yeah I didn't even take into consideration their shortcut packs which are just another way to fleece customer's who don't want to deal with hours and hours of unlocking weapons.

• Founder

This is what makes ARMA 3 so much better than BF4, the amount of things you can do with the game. It offers far far more value for the dollar than BF series ever could. In the beginning of the video I'm playing a mod called King of the Hill and after that the other videos are from Altis Life which is a mission file for ARMA 3--basically an RPG with cops/robbers/gangs that is fully persistent.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For a casual and all-out-fun game, BF4 with friends is awesome. If you want something a tad more serious and have patience, ARMA3 can be very rewarding.

I love Wasteland on A3. I played it on Stratis during the BETA and still go back to that map. King of the Hill is also fun but can rape the FPS of any serious rig.

BF4 - as of writing this - is a beast of a game. The latest patch has brought some really cool ideas from CTE. The frustration has been that it has taken 12+ months to get there. And now they want to shove Hardline down our throats - which is simply a reskin of BF4 - no thanks!

With other disasters, like SimCity, I have fallen out of love with EA. I have small regard for DICE now also.

Saying all of this, SRAW'ing an annoying Little Bird from half way across the map is still fun!

And finally, BC2 > BF3 > BF4. I loved the Gustav!

Just installed BF4 again, now that my brother has a working GPU. BF4 was a nightmare with HD6900 series, it would randomly just crash. Problems weren't temperature related. Just random crashing and glitching. Can't wait to try it out again. I wonder if there many servers to choose from, since neither of us have any of the DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
Just installed BF4 again, now that my brother has a working GPU. BF4 was a nightmare with HD6900 series, it would randomly just crash. Problems weren't temperature related. Just random crashing and glitching. Can't wait to try it out again. I wonder if there many servers to choose from, since neither of us have any of the DLC.

Loads of them :)

I heard they upped the tickrate from 10 to 30hz, I found the game painful to play back at release, but now that there is a chance that my bullets will hit where I want them, I will give bf4 a second chance.