Battlefield 4 discussion

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

In single-player campaign (I don't play online most of the time) COD Ghosts is not nearly as buggy as BF4 is, at least for me. I haven't needed to do as many tweaks as BF4 required to be playable in a long time... what a mess, LOL. In contrast, Ghosts didn't need anything tweaked to make it play extremely well in campaign mode. But, I do enjoy both games. Just finished BF4 single-player campaign. It seemed so short.

Honestly it's AMD fault more than it is bf4. The game runs smoothly for me.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia 1520 (RM-937)

Care to explain that comment at all? I think it is very seriously due to BF4 as every person i have spoken to has had a crash of some sort on all platforms and there seems to be about 3 types of different crashes.. LOL Dunno what they were thinking but its pathetic!

It started out as being too unstable to play, but it does fine for me now that I screwed around with reinstalling stuff in Windows for a number of hours. It still has the random spike and pause nonsense. Runs well over 100FPS with stock GPU clock speeds. It does not like GPU overclocking and FRAPS makes it crash. I tried to bench it and found it refuses to launch with FRAPS running. I also do not like the constant use of vulgar language at times when stress or passion in the story line does not warrant. It adds no value to the game and I see it as being evidence of a culture with a weak vocabulary and a lack of emotional intelligence. I only paid $20 for it so I am happy. Had I paid retail, I would not be. They should have called the release a beta, even though it's not as polished as I would expect from most betas, LOL.

The spike and pause problem is ridiculous, but it's not a show stopper. There are multiple examples of it in this video, including the very start of it.

• Founder
Care to explain that comment at all? I think it is very seriously due to BF4 as every person i have spoken to has had a crash of some sort on all platforms and there seems to be about 3 types of different crashes.. LOL Dunno what they were thinking but its pathetic!

This was the case before they patched the game. Now its pretty smooth and rarely crashes and if it does crash, it's usually the person's system at fault (e.g. unstable OC or bad driver install or AMD Radeon owner LOL).

This was the case before they patched the game. Now its pretty smooth and rarely crashes and if it does crash, it's usually the person's system at fault (e.g. unstable OC or bad driver install or AMD Radeon owner LOL).

Hahaha I see. Well i dunno, still crashes for heaps of people around the globe even now after the patch. oh well.

@VSS - What do you want me to check for you? It is the spikes and pauses issue or the fact that it will not launch with FRAPS running. Those problems are the same with OC or stock clock speeds... no difference. I haven't tried a single GPU because I never use my system that way, but I can certainly test something with on GPU once you let me know what you want me to test.

you can tell me how GTx780M is efficient FPS on the map Schanghai on Ultra,of course as you can, thank you
According to my on-screen display, with SLI disabled 99% GPU utilization and 45-75 FPS.

Hey guys... question. I purchased China Rising expansion pack and cannot figure out how to use it. After buying it I discovered that, unfortunately, it seems to only work for multi-player. It does not appear to have any new maps or features for single player campaign. I do not usually do multi-player, but I cannot see any way to launch it even in multi-player. I looked for servers mentioning China Rising and do not see any. Am I doing something wrong, or does it work transparently? What's the deal?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Found an inconspicuous icon that say "China Rising" if I hover over it. Those must be the multi-player servers using that expansion pack. Wasn't very obvious, LOL. I was looking for text.

Hey guys... question. I purchased China Rising expansion pack and cannot figure out how to use it. After buying it I discovered that, unfortunately, it seems to only work for multi-player. It does not appear to have any new maps or features for single player campaign. I do not usually do multi-player, but I cannot see any way to launch it even in multi-player. I looked for servers mentioning China Rising and do not see any. Am I doing something wrong, or does it work transparently? What's the deal?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Found an inconspicuous icon that say "China Rising" if I hover over it. Those must be the multi-player servers using that expansion pack. Wasn't very obvious, LOL. I was looking for text.

There will be some servers that have expansion-only maps. In Bf3 though these servers were rare, with most just playing vanilla BF3 maps. You do get access to a few more guns for any server, but all the new guns are too similar to existing guns to notice a difference. These extra guns and maps will be available without you doing anything except unlocking them.

• Founder

Thanks in advance.

Yeah or you can go to Multiplayer and set your server filters to china rising only and you will get those maps in MP games. IMO they are more fun than the ones that come with the game itself.

Hi,

to be honest, I don't like BF4 much - its just an upgraded version for BF3 and you can simply feel the pressure that has been laid down on the gaming studio.

As EA noticed how successful this brand could/would be, they realized they would just have to do the same with Need for speed an all other former, great games - ruin it.

I rather stick to BF2 :P

Any impressions of the newly released second assault DLC for bf4? I'm curious about purchasing the premium upgrade since I LOVE these old maps!

The older map revamps are great, It's nice to see how they've been changed in the new FB3 engine over bf3. Love this game on my new system, looks amazing on 3 27" monitors!

Bar the technical issues when it first came out BF4 is great fun! I personally like the return of the Commander and the increase in squad sizes and Levolution is pretty cool.

Reading you guys talking about it is a wind up though - I've just had a new Alienware 18 delivered to my cousins house in California, but I'm not goin there until weekend after this...

...torture! :D