Bioshock Infinite Discussion

Brian

• 2 months later...

I'll toss my 2 cents in here. I never played the first 2, but watched and loved what they looked like. Infinite I thought was a pretty good game, free with the 7950. The one thing that REALLY got me was the water pipes. I know it is a completely random thing, but it bugs me. There is a part in the game where you see a broken water pip and it just looks like spent 2 minutes making it. I notice those small details in game and this really got to me.

I've played the first 2 versions too, and so on were very excited abut a new one.

While the release was way later then I've expected, my expectations were fully satisfied.

Still I miss the "underwater" feeling, but this will also soon be fulfilled as the new DLC will be playing again underwater :D

The story was pretty good, but the gameplay nearly put me to sleep. Setting the difficulty higher didn't help either so I just rushed to get to know the story.

Overall it wasn't bad, especially for the plot, but a lot of the combat areas just dragged on pointlessly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After playing through the Burial at Sea Part 2 DLC I can say that, for those that enjoyed Infinite, it's a must. Absolutely top notch.

It's not going to change anyone's mind who did not like Bioshock Infinite, but for those who did... wow.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got it a couple weeks ago, and I must say that the game is great! I had to wait because I've broken 2 PS3s, and I feel that my OG Xbox 360 is too loud for games with a deep story. Just got a new laptop, and I'm stunned at how good the game looks on ultra settings. Youtube footage does no justice. It's the type of game that makes you strain to hold yourself back when talking about it to avoid spoiling it for someone else.

• 1 month later...

Although I enjoyed the innovative world, excellent plot and graphics, I found this experience to be truncated, and really more like a movie than a game. I was reminded of those choose-your-own-adventure books that really only had one ending, but there were a few paths you could take to get there. I didn't play it again and again to see if this was even true. But then I'm not the type to watch movies over and over again. My vote is for the original Bioshock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I loved it, It plays really well on PC and the only way you would guess that it might be a console port is that it has good controller support in the options. I recall that it was actually quite hard to get used to with a mouse and I think that it had some mouse acceleration that i had to disable but god damn, this is a good game.

I like the fact that they show people smoking as well, the TV and film industry are being forced to pretend that only evil people smoke but in games aimed towards adults, they show people smoking which, like it or hate it, people still do in real life so...well, I just thought it was a nice detail to include.