Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod & Stock

3475 posts in this topic

Prema Mod vBIOS for GTX9xxM MXM G-SYNC GPUs!

Power throttle disabled for good

Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to the maximum of 1.2v)

Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)

Core overclock slider raised

Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs and voltage-match both cards in SLI*

Thermal protection @ 92c (once*91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it)*

Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!

These vBIOS use stock clocks and voltage and also keep the stock Turbo functionality intact (minus the*throttle) unless, You decide to overclock/overvolt.

They have been tested thoroughly*and proven to yield great results on the following *CLEVO systems:

P15xEM

P15xSM

P15xSM-A

P17xEM

P17xSM

P17xSM-A

P370EM

P3xxSM

P3xxSM-A

P570WMx

P75xZM

P75xDM

P77xZM

P77xDM

P870DM

G-sync EDITION:

P75xZM-G

P75xDM-G (soon)

P77xZM-G

P77xDM-G (soon)

P870DM-G (soon)

They*theoretically work for all GTX9*MXM*G-SYNC versions on systems other companies.

(They are NOT*compatible with models with soldered GPU)

ICM = Monitor Color correction Profiles

ENJOY! :cheerful:

GTX675M_P1_080v_085v_092v.rar

GTX580M_P1_080v_085v_092v.rar

ICM LG LP116WH4-SLN2.rar

ICM Chi Mei N133HSE-EA1.rar

ICM LG LP173WF2-TPB1.rar

CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_MXM_Stock.rar

CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_MXM_Stock.rar

CLEVO_4GB_GTX965M_MXM_Stock.rar

CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

CLEVO_4GB_GTX965M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_MXM_Stock.rar

CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

CLEVO_4GB_GTX965M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

44 people like this

Thanks for your hard work @Prema!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

1 person likes this

Truly awesome and unexpected, thanks Prema!

1 person likes this

Thank you very much PREMA. Incredible work. Really happy about the IRST firmware update.

2 people like this

Sorry for asking a stupid question but what does the T1 mode mean? And is there a way to unlock full speed (well the normal 1600MHz) while using 8GB modules from bios?

1 person likes this

Sorry for asking a stupid question but what does the T1 mode mean? And is there a way to unlock full speed (well the normal 1600MHz) while using 8GB modules from bios?

The CMD Command rate (which may be T1 or T2) is the time it takes between when the signal is given to select the memory chip to be used (can be any of the chips within each memory bank) and the beginning of a read cycle of the memory chip. T1 means that this time it only takes 1 clock cycle and 2T takes 2 clock cycles.

1T is typically ~4-5% faster than the same memory/speeds at 2T.

2 people like this

I'm sorry, I've already registered but I can't download your attachments. Why?

From the forum rules:

•You must have a minimum of 5 [quality] posts to send a private message, download attachment, send another member an e-mail, set a custom avatar, download files from the forum download section or upload photos to a personal album.

So it's very simple just look around the forum and see where you could help someone or share your own experiences with us and you are in.

Since your question helped others, who are browsing this thread and may have the same question, you are already one post closer... ;)

3 people like this

How can we change the bootup splash?

And also for P150EM, I have a newer Sager BIOS than the 16, want it?

Thanks Prema.

How can we change the bootup splash?

And also for P150EM, I have a newer Sager BIOS than the 16, want it?

Thanks Prema.

Yaeh Sager has become Clevos new "public beta tester", Clevo only uploads a BIOS after Sager had it for about a month...they even sell units with alpha BIOS.

Anyway the latest Sager P150EM I have is 1.02.17LS1, so if it's newer just PM me, allways like to take a look at the new stuff.

Regarding BIOS logo, it has become quite tight in these BIOS, that's why Clevo dowgraded the RAID version with the v16 line, there was simply no space left for the latest RAID rom and module...I had to make some...LOL.

Just PM me the logo (1920x1080) that you want to use and for which model and I'll see if we can make it fit. ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot Prema for your effort. Finally the long awaited Clevo P1x0EM series BIOS mod! I can't download it yet (my first post here), but to make it clear - is it based on Clevo or Sager BIOS? Does it matter in this case? I've got Schenker XMG P502 = Clevo P150EM. Keep up the great work! May the Force be with you! :-)

Thanks a lot Prema for your effort. Finally the long awaited Clevo P1x0EM series BIOS mod! I can't download it yet (my first post here), but to make it clear - is it based on Clevo or Sager BIOS? Does it matter in this case? I've got Schenker XMG P502 = Clevo P150EM. Keep up the great work! May the Force be with you! :-)

It's all based on stock Clevo BIOS, but it works for all systems (Clevo, Sager etc...)

Can you explain how it works this features: - Added full fan speed mode (Press FN+9 to toggle on/off)

Thank's :pride:

Sorry for reposting the same question but is there any way hardcode or force the ram speed? I mean I have 4 dimm modules and when I use them all it drops to 1333MHz and this is normal as far as I know.

Can you explain how it works this features: - Added full fan speed mode (Press FN+9 to toggle on/off)

Thank's :pride:

Just press the FN button along with the number button 9 to switch the fans too 100% speed and do it again to switch it back to normal?!?

Sorry for reposting the same question but is there any way hardcode or force the ram speed? I mean I have 4 dimm modules and when I use them all it drops to 1333MHz and this is normal as far as I know.

Even if we would expose the BIOS RAM settings, they no longer work on 1.02.xx BIOS...Clevo uses overrides...and it's not possible to track it down as I don't own an EM machine myself to brick it along the way...

The P570WMx even forces everything to 1600Mhz, it doesn't care if we use 1333,1866 or 2133Mhz RAM... ;)

1 person likes this

This is awesome, thanks Prema!!

Had a few $ in my paypal so I sent it your way, it's not much, but it's something!

1 person likes this

I am going to upload a simple "XTU CROSSFLASH EDITION" so you guys can go between P15xEM and P170EM Prema Mods (to use Intel XTU to Overclock your CPUs etc) in one simple flash without any brick risk.

Initially the file was too big to upload, but TI adjusted the file-size limits for us (THX for that!)...I have also tweaked the boot-logo for Win8 user to better 'merge' with the loading screen (THX @ iaTa for testing), so after that is integrated I'll update all the links...

Just press the FN button along with the number button 9 to switch the fans too 100% speed and do it again to switch it back to normal?!?

FN+F9 in my P170EM is for increase increase brightness.

Sorry,after read FN+9 :D

1 person likes this

FN+F9 in my P170EM is for increase increase brightness

Just 9 not F9 :bananalama:

Nice bios!Tested in P170EM and work fine!

You can mod the bios BIOS 1.00.10 ?I dont like the last bios,for Fn+Wifi dont work with software Hotkey.

if you can do it and I agree with donation

- System BIOS 1.00.10 for P170EM only.

- Solve sometimes system stops on POST issue.

- If the BIOS version of machine is 1.00.03 or early, please update to 1.00.04 before executing next step.

- Refer to the instruction of readme.txt to update BIOS + ME firmware.

- To downgrade BIOS will cause system can't boot up if the BIOS of machine is version 1.00.07 or later.

Nice bios!Tested in P170EM and work fine!

You can mod the bios BIOS 1.00.10 ?I dont like the last bios,for Fn+Wifi dont work with software Hotkey.

if you can do it and I agree with donation

"To downgrade BIOS will cause system can't boot up if the BIOS of machine is version 1.00.07 or later." :stupid:

Sorry, but they really mean it. :concern:

All the FN stuff is in the EC and downgrading the EC from 1.02.xx to 1.00.xx is 'russian roulette'...afaik all EC from v11 onwards have the bug. If you are confident that you can downgrade to an earlier EC, let me know, but I can't advise to try it. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• M17xR4 Bricked Bios, 660m to 780m
      By sukimu
      Hello fellow Aliens,
      My specs:
      Alienware M17xR4 got it back in Dec 2011 (Dell decided to upgrade my M17xR3 that crapped out on me) 
      Intel Core i7 3940XM
      Upgraded from 660m to 780m
      16GB Samsung 1600 RAM
      2 500GB Samsung SSD in Raid 0 ( i know sue me) 
      This will be a little guide with my journey of upgrading my dedicated GTX and CPU.
      Eagle vision activated and started the hunt on eBay for something that would not leave my bank with a massive dent. All i wanted to do is breathe more life into this monster that i have grown way too attached to. A quick search revealed people want way too much for their hard ware . How ever i started making offers and messaging people to negotiate a better price. I think it took me two days before i found a nice 3940XM listed for 350$. Messaged the dude and surely he replied with 200$ is a no go . But i can do 300$ . I had to come back with 280$ and to make the story short he accepted . Put my 3610QM after looking up on eBay they were going for 80$ give or take. So i listed it for 60$ with 4$ shipping . I got an E-mail from eBay; congrats on your listing...and your item sold . I did not want any negative feedback, so i removed the CPU wiped the thermal paste and decided to be with out my baby () until the 3940XM () arrived  ( which took 3 days). That package was like a  in my arms being delivered to its rightful owner. Reading all the replies on the offers i had made on 680m and 780m listings. From hell no to sorry you are crazy, there was a fellow that shared with me that the money is not a priority and his new 980m made him so happy he would sell his 780m for 300$ . Naturally i offered 280$ with paypal invoice = no eBay seller fees. What you know he accepted!!!!
      Listed my 660m for sale and till this day it is still there . I dont want to share my agony with you, waiting for a seven business day delivery by UPS ground , so lets fast forward to when i got the 780m and installing it. Seller advised i would need a 100W heat sink, which my poor 660m oddly had. So 780m is installed and a dual boot of Win10 and Win7 in order to see which Win the 780 preferred. Windows recognized the new hardware, so did the Bios, so i went to www.Nvidia.com and downloaded the latest drivers . The installer kept on saying no compatible hardware was found so that drove me . It was not until i googled " M17xR4 780m upgrade that i found out the 780m is not compatible the "Legal way" and a INF file modification was in place to get the drivers installed. Again googled M17xR4 780m upgrade drivers, and i found numerous of people crying for help as well. I thought to my self ( i will never see this work today, better try this in the morning, but before i went to sleep i needed some wisdom of a fellow Alien to come to my aid. A guy that goes by tanzmeister replied and guided me. Here is a copy paste for yas.

These are the links you should check in order to install drivers properly:

Flashing vBios:
      1- Guide:
      http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-[guide]-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html
      2 - vBios for the 780m
      https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...king-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks/

Modded drivers:
      http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...od-for-780m-880m-and-980m-mobile-gpus.767644/

I am not actually sure these drivers are modded... They might just be "Enhanced". 
      So check out this link as well to learn how to mod drivers yourself (really not that hard)
      https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4055-guide-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files/

To install a modded driver you need to restart Windows with DSE disabled (driver signature). Please google this to find how to do it.

I personally haven't tried MrFox's drivers but I read they yield fantastic results on Kepler GPU's (780m included) so you can give these a try.

Everything worked!!!! Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires 2 were running!!!! Joking aside i launched Gta v and The witcher 3 which ran at a decent 30+ FPS. Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 and 2 i could play at Ultra. I was genuinely happy with my rig.
      Until today, for some reason i wanted to try an unlocked Bios. I was on A13, looked up Drivers on Dell's website and downloaded A12, A11, A10 and A05.
      Did you guess what i did next? I flashed them all one by one, A12 first which was a sucess, A11 which also yielded good results. A10 finished flashing and instead of restarting my Alienware decided to take a nap. 
      Turn it on, and what i feared has happened. I HAD BRICKED MY BIOS!!!!  Pulled my crappy Pentium laptop and googled M17xR4 bricked Bios.
      Thank the merciful lord of forgiveness, of light, of hope, of all that is great. I had stumbles on T|I:

Following that i Blindly flashed A05 through recovery (which you really do not know what the hell is going on, Put the file on a flash drive, insert it in eSata. Shut down and remove both battery and AC adapter. Hold the END button on your keyboard and plug in your AC-adapter. Fans turn on 100% All the lights where showing, but then it started beeping and i had to go to work in 30 mins so i left it and proceeded to a warm shower. Finishing up and coming back to the room it was still beeping so i unplugged the AC-adapter reinserted the battery and AC-adapter. Pressed the  and voila my tears were sucked back in.
      Thank you for reading, i know i am not much of a writer, but i just wanted to share my journey if someone was thinking of doing the 780m upgrade.

• [aw14] gtx765m throttling issue
      By quentinnicolas60
      Hy everyone, 
      I say it now but i'm french and i do my best for writing in english whithout translation so sorry for mistakes...
      i've been a reader for a long time but today i really need help that i can't find by myself...

So, I have a AW 14 with I7 4700 and GTX765M

and the problem is the throttling keep my GPU at 405Mhz, i goes on every site for this problem but nothing works! and I see a last one solution
      the slv7 Vbios for GTX765m unlocked, but... i can't download it! 
      so if someone could help me with that vbios or another solutions i would be really happy and i'll give feedback!

thank you! 
    • [aw14] gtx765m throttling
      By quentinnicolas60
      Hy everyone, 
      I say it now but i'm french and i do my best for writing in english whithout translation so sorry for mistakes...
      i've been a reader for a long time but today i really need help that i can't find by myself...

So, I have a AW 14 with I7 4700 and GTX765M

and the problem is the throttling keep my GPU at 405Mhz, i goes on every site for this problem but nothing works! and I see a last one solution
      the slv7 Vbios for GTX765m unlocked, but... i can't download it! 
      so if someone could help me with that vbios or another solutions i would be really happy and i'll give feedback!

thank you! 
    • Clevo P570WM display not working
      By tundrah
      Hi all, I am new to this site but until now haven't had any trouble with this beast, or at least put up with them.

I have had trouble for a while with the actual display not working, I have been using an external monitor which has worked up until now.  The problem came when I bought a new one and went to go dual screen.  I stupidly changed some settings and restarted.  Now nothing works at all.

I have taken the surrounding parts to the screen apart and have found the cable that runs to the back of the screen has frayed a little.  I am having such a pain trying to find a replacement cable for it, as I am hoping this will be the cheaper option before buying a replacement screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• AW18_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM
      By Prema
      Prema Mod™ vBIOS for Alienware
      AW18 GTX980M 8GB MXM GPU!

Power throttle disabled for good Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to a maximum of 1.2v) Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired) Core overclock slider raised Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs and voltage-match both cards in SLI systems (based on average ASIC) Thermal protection @ 92c (once*91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it) Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!  
      This vBIOS uses stock clocks & average ASIC voltage and also keeps the stock Turbo functionality intact (minus the throttle) unless, You decide to overclock/overvolt!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      <<< This vBIOS is designed for AW 18 with system BIOS A12+. >>>
      <<< It can also be used as an alternative on AW systems that are currently using my Clevo based vBIOS. >>>
                 (On AW18x R2 it won’t remedy the problem with the seconday FAN)
      <<< It is NOT compatible with models with soldered GPUs >>>
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Password for all files: premamod.com
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All my mods are DONATIONWARE and for your personal use only!

THX & ENJOY!