[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Weird...even without overclock with Prema VBIOS my 980m ( GT72) is 10C hotter!

That''s because the card runs at advertised performance for the first time without to throttle. ;)

but even with those extra 10C maxwell is as coooold as ice! *humming*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is not the case for me. I'm starting to think Sager neglected the IC Diamond when they installed these cards. I get 87C regularly when my room is freezing cold.

Yet I get no throttle so I leave it alone. I'll repaste with GC Extreme or the last of my IC Diamond soon. I just haven't felt like it was a big enough deal for now to pop off the lid and mess with it.

Maybe disconnecting one of my PSUs will help, I doubt I need two anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Founder

Just keep in mind IC Diamond scratches the surface of the die unless you're extremely careful - and even then it probably still will. Just use something like MX-4, it works nearly as well and is super easy to apply and gives great temps.

Just keep in mind IC Diamond scratches the surface of the die unless you're extremely careful - and even then it probably still will. Just use something like MX-4, it works nearly as well and is super easy to apply and gives great temps.

IC Diamond wrecked my 4940MX so bad I thought the die had cracked. I don't like to use it if I don't have to. But MX-4 does not have adequate pressure and pumps out in days. GC Extreme I have had the best results with this machine besides liquid ultra which I won't be using again after the scare I had removing it before I sent the machine in for repair.

• Founder
IC Diamond wrecked my 4940MX so bad I thought the die had cracked. I don't like to use it if I don't have to. But MX-4 does not have adequate pressure and pumps out in days. GC Extreme I have had the best results with this machine besides liquid ultra which I won't be using again after the scare I had removing it before I sent the machine in for repair.

Not sure I follow, what do you mean it "does not have adequate pressure and pumps out in days"? As in dried out? Because I've used it on video cards (both desktop and notebook) + CPUs and kept it on there for 1+ year at a time without it drying out or losing thermal capacity. Anyway, here's a comparison of some pastes:

post-5-1449499951856_thumb.png

GC Extreme does a bit better but overall a delta T of <1C isn't very meaningful. I'd probably go with whatever is cheaper, safer and easier to apply.

Not sure I follow, what do you mean it "does not have adequate pressure and pumps out in days"? As in dried out? Because I've used it on video cards (both desktop and notebook) + CPUs and kept it on there for 1+ year at a time without it drying out or losing thermal capacity. Anyway, here's a comparison of some pastes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14164[/ATTACH]

GC Extreme does a bit better but overall a delta T of around <1C isn't very meaningful. I'd probably go with whatever is cheaper.

What I mean is what I said. There isn't adequate mounting pressure for a thin paste in these machines. They start out performing great but within a week or two temps skyrocket and when you remove the heatsink, most of the paste is gone.

GC Extreme is perfect for the CPU and GPUs in these machines, however. My CPU seems to be fine with whatever paste they used, I'm running clocks that I had to use liquid ultra for previously but I also had them replace the heatsink itself due to a stripped screw.

• Founder
What I mean is what I said. There isn't adequate mounting pressure for a thin paste in these machines. They start out performing great but within a week or two temps skyrocket and when you remove the heatsink, most of the paste is gone.

GC Extreme is perfect for the CPU and GPUs in these machines, however. My CPU seems to be fine with whatever paste they used, I'm running clocks that I had to use liquid ultra for previously but I also had them replace the heatsink itself due to a stripped screw.

I've never used MX 4 on a Clevo IHS but it's hard to imagine it'd be too different than an Alienware. What application method do you use? Anyhow, this is going off topic so I think a separate thread to discuss thermal pastes is in order (though we have an older one based on IC testing somewhere).

For anyone else interested in the thermal paste discussion: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/9145-whats-your-preferred-brand-thermal-paste-your-notebook-why.html#post124381

That''s because the card runs at advertised performance for the first time without to throttle. ;)

Prema before the vbios mod i was having temps like 65...67 and with the vbios i hit 80 today.

Im not questioning you Prema. I know you are awesome for posting this awesomes vbios here, but im not sure if this temp difference is normal

@JB I think he means that his old vBIOS was cool and the Mod runs hotter.

@marcelo1994

Just flash your old vBIOS. Make a 3DMark run and while doing that record a log file with GPU-Z.

Flash the Mod vBIOS and do the same.

Post 3DMark results as well as the log files here.

Dear Prema and others, a person is selling his Santech G37 SANTECH G37 (it should be equivalent to Clevo P-370SM3 ) @ about 1600,00€.

this is the config: [Alghero(SS)+sped] Vendo Santech G37, i7 4930mx, Cfx 8970m - Hardware Upgrade Forum

I value my laptop (Clevo P-170EM with i7 3820QM, 16Gb RAM, HD8970M, 480GB Crucial M500, 750GB WD) about 1000,00€, so we are dealing an exchange plus a cash adjustment on my part about 550/600,00€

His laptop is newer than mine so I ask you 3 questions:

1) Is it to worth it to do the exchange?

2) Can be the Clevo P-370SM3 upgraded to GTX 9XXM or I need a bios of yours?

3) I am going to buy a 29 inch 21:9 Monitor Ultrawide (2560x1080) and I would to connect it to laptop via HDMI. The Clevo P370SM has got too a thunderbolt port backward compatible with mini displayport 1.2. This mDP 1.2 uses the dedicated gpu? So can I play well at that resolution?

thank you very much :sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness:

Just flash your old vBIOS. Make a 3DMark run and while doing that record a log file with GPU-Z.

Flash the Mod vBIOS and do the same.

Post 3DMark results as well as the log files here.

I tried that, but im having problems trying to flash the old vbios again. I used some guides but none of then works for me

Sorry Prema I am not so sure that Santech G37 SANTECH G37 is really the equivalent of Clevo P370SM3.

What are the differences between P370SM-A P370SM3 P375SM?

However, what do I have to do if I want to upgrade in future to GTX 9XXM?

thank you very much.

PS: I sent you a private message weeks ago :distracted:

Sorry couple of weeks ago I was really busy catching waves:

post-1023-14494999521265_thumb.jpg

P370SM-A is the newer version

P370SM3 the older one with 3D

P375SM the older one with different design (LED layout)

Yes you can upgrade your P170EM with GTX9xxM and by flashing my vBIOS and BIOS Mod it'll all work 100% without .inf Mods or throttle.

Sorry couple of weeks ago I was really busy catching waves:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14172[/ATTACH]

P370SM-A is the newer version

P370SM3 the older one with 3D

P375SM the older one with different design (LED layout)

Yes you can upgrade your P170EM with GTX9xxM and by flashing my vBIOS and BIOS Mod it'll all work 100% without .inf Mods or throttle.

Wonderful place seriously.

However I am going to exchange my P170EM with that Santech G37 (so the Clevo P370SM"X").

I would just to know if to upgrade thah P370SM"X" I need a vbios of yours or it's just a natural plug and play?

thank you

Wonderful place seriously.

However I am going to exchange my P170EM with that Santech G37 (so the Clevo P370SM"X").

I would just to know if to upgrade thah P370SM"X" I need a vbios of yours or it's just a natural plug and play?

thank you

If its the P370SM3 then you need a modded inf or flash P370SM (non-3D) BIOS to it.

If it is a P370SM then its Plug'n"Play.

If its the P370SM3 then you need a modded inf or flash P370SM (non-3D) BIOS to it.

If it is a P370SM then its Plug'n"Play.

The Chassis is exactly this

Review One K73-3S (Clevo P370SM) Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

I asked to the owner too, he sent an email to Santech about upgrade to GTX 980/970M. Their response was this (I will try to translate correctly):

G.le Mr Giulio ,

the different numbers refer to different chassis design so in your case 370SM is no difference of M / B between 1 and 2. Several revisions are 3 and A

So it must be almost certainly a P370SM

Prema, have there been any major EC changes that would make upgrading my EC to 37 on my P377SM-A worthwhile? I believe you said that is what you use the x batch file for if you're already running the mod.

Prema, have there been any major EC changes that would make upgrading my EC to 37 on my P377SM-A worthwhile? I believe you said that is what you use the x batch file for if you're already running the mod.

Yes, it'll allow you to use the latest HotKKey App for Fan control.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic