[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi everyone, I have a VBIOS question that I can't seem to get an answer on.

I just replaced a 6990m with a 670m in my Sager NP8170. The 670m isn't working and I think the VBIOS on it may be too new and need to be reflashed to an older version. Prema's discussion in this post is what is leading me to think this is the case. http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3518-p150hm-nvidia-675mx-issues.html

When I install the 670M and start the computer, it freezes on the Sager screen and will not allow me to F2 or F7 and gives an occasional BIOS beep.

I have system BIOS version 1.01.10LS2 which Sager told me is the most current

I have KBC/EC Firmware version 1.00.09SA2 which I just updated from .06 with a file sent to me by Sager's tech support

The 670M Sager sent me has VBIOS: 70.24.49.00.02 and has a Jan '15 sticker on top of the card. There is also a sticker that says "N13E-GS1-LP V1.1 1.5G" which I believe verifies that is a 670m and not a 670mx. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Correct you need another vBIOS and to flash that you can't use your current system. You will to find someone with an other system to flash the card for you.

Prema,

I have your BIOS in my P150SM. What would I need to install / flash to get a 980m to work?

Jason

Grab this driver:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.75/344.75-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Replace this file / Made it for P15xSM & P17xSM - GT980M and GT970M):

https://mega.co.nz/#!mBEHELrA!2rlVVAh170JpvhzIEkFGPIkA7TR6McPE5n463evRT4g

(Boot with driver signature enforcement disabled. )

Next Prema Mod will no longer require an .inf Mod for GTX9 cards on PxxSM (non-A) models.

Welcome

I have a question, a week ago I bought the latest model Clevo: P375SM-A of such components.

procesor: Intel Core Quad i7-4710MQ 2.5/3.5GHz - 6MB cache, 47W

Graphic Card : 2 x nVidia GeForce GTX980M 8GB GDDR5 (MXM) SLI

Thermal grease: Gelid Solutions GC Extreme na GPU i CPU

Memory RAM (SoDIMM): 32GB Kingston HyperX (4x8GB) 1600MHz CL9 (2xHX316LS9IBK2/16)

port mSATA/m.2 (SSD): SSD mSATA Transcend SSD370 128GB

Drive HDD/SSHD/SSD: HDD 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm

Second Drive HDD/SSHD/SSD: HDD 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm

Optical drive: recorder Blu-Ray

Wirless network card (WiFi): Killer Gaming Wireless-N 1202 a/b/g/n + Bluetooth

my question is whether after update bios from permamod, I unlock CPU and GPU for more overclock? that all components will work fine such as keyboard backlight? and all chpiset and all components? and everything will be alright?

This is my fire strike 3Dmark score Test 3DMARK - Clevo P375SM-A 17.3" SLI as you can see on the Intel Core 2 i7-4710MQ have a second place in the world and the first part of the company where you bought your Xtream machine.

Please kindly reply and the information for which thank you in advance

Welcome

I have a question, a week ago I bought the latest model Clevo: P375SM-A of such components.

procesor: Intel Core Quad i7-4710MQ 2.5/3.5GHz - 6MB cache, 47W

Graphic Card : 2 x nVidia GeForce GTX980M 8GB GDDR5 (MXM) SLI

Thermal grease: Gelid Solutions GC Extreme na GPU i CPU

Memory RAM (SoDIMM): 32GB Kingston HyperX (4x8GB) 1600MHz CL9 (2xHX316LS9IBK2/16)

port mSATA/m.2 (SSD): SSD mSATA Transcend SSD370 128GB

Drive HDD/SSHD/SSD: HDD 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm

Second Drive HDD/SSHD/SSD: HDD 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm

Optical drive: recorder Blu-Ray

Wirless network card (WiFi): Killer Gaming Wireless-N 1202 a/b/g/n + Bluetooth

my question is whether after update bios from permamod, I unlock CPU and GPU for more overclock? that all components will work fine such as keyboard backlight? and all chpiset and all components? and everything will be alright?

This is my fire strike 3Dmark score Test 3DMARK - Clevo P375SM-A 17.3" SLI as you can see on the Intel Core 2 i7-4710MQ have a second place in the world and the first part of the company where you bought your Xtream machine.

dude there is no need to overclock for you with SLI unless you have a 120hz screen monitor on your notebook..

stop searching overclock, play your games

dont waste your time...!

dont risk your hardware..!

WTF I asked if it is possible, and I did not ask if you have a monitor 150hz XD as you want it, we can play my game

As of right now, I would leave the GPU alone while we wait for nVidia to issue an overclocking fix and there has been some concern about GPU degradation expressed at high clocks, most likely due to voltage. If you choose to flash Prema's vbios, it works great with 344.75, upgrade any higher currently and you will lose overclocking.

As for PremaMod BIOS, I highly recommend it, it unlocks a ton of things that Clevo doesn't want you to mess with and just flashing it gives you a small boost right out of the gate due to unlocking the full PCIe bus that Clevo for some reason locks down.

I would not use the BIOS to overclock, just grab XTU for that. XTU let's you test things in real time and you have virtually no chance of a soft brick if you apply the wrong settings, it will reboot with stock settings applied.

Since Maxwell has to be flashed in Windows, make sure to have no overclock when you flash the GPUs because you can brick your cards if something goes wrong like a blue screen or a reboot. Overclocking seriously isn't necessary with these powerhouse cards though.

Here's what I got without any trouble compared to your result. Our CPUs are worlds apart so just compare the graphics score.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/4089515/fs/3929982

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As of right now, I would leave the GPU alone while we wait for nVidia to issue an overclocking fix and there has been some concern about GPU degradation expressed at high clocks, most likely due to voltage. If you choose to flash Prema's vbios, it works great with 344.75, upgrade any higher currently and you will lose overclocking.

As for PremaMod BIOS, I highly recommend it, it unlocks a ton of things that Clevo doesn't want you to mess with and just flashing it gives you a small boost right out of the gate due to unlocking the full PCIe bus that Clevo for some reason locks down.

I would not use the BIOS to overclock, just grab XTU for that. XTU let's you test things in real time and you have virtually no chance of a soft brick if you apply the wrong settings, it will reboot with stock settings applied.

Since Maxwell has to be flashed in Windows, make sure to have no overclock when you flash the GPUs because you can brick your cards if something goes wrong like a blue screen or a reboot. Overclocking seriously isn't necessary with these powerhouse cards though.

Here's what I got without any trouble compared to your result. Our CPUs are worlds apart so just compare the graphics score.

Result

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice Thanks you bro for informator and leason

Reply as promised! :)

Very niche Work Mr. Prema,

Prema Mod BIOS

P370SM-A_32_33_PM_v1.rar

is this a optimized bios with Cpu options, Fans and other detailed options

Latest Stock Clevo BIOS & EC!

P375SM_33_31_Stock.rar

is this a normal Bios from Clevo with minimum Option , without CPU options, fans/Power options

If you have a screen shot or a differences between two Bios , i would be very thankful for you

My Model is : P370SM-A

thanks in advance

Correct! Here a clip of an older Mod version (THX@SFVogt):

https://vimeo.com/89136695

I reflashed and now the intel overclocking section works, the dGPU ASPM is stil not working though, laptop switches off and reboots if I open the nvidia control panel and click on the window with the global settings, sometimes it switches off and reboots if i open device manger, first the mouse goes all stuttery before the machine shuts of and then restarts.

as soon as I turn off the ASPM under dGPU everything is fine, the first link state option works but the 2nd one doesn't, that cause the system crash.

did a bit of research and found Poll: does PCI-E ASPM work for you? - nV News Forums

it seems it's disabled / hidden in many bios because it can cause instability / be buggy, doesn't work for everyone. so that's made me feel better now.

Under Linux you can use dGPU ASPM for both ASPM L0s

Under Windows you can also use dGPU ASPM, but you have to limit the ASPM L0s to a single end of the port.

@Prema: Do you happen to have the updated EC for P650SG (1.03.06)? Supposedly its a fix for the AC1525 wireless card.

All in the OP!

If you want to use the Mod BIOS but use the latest EC, just flash the Mod first and then use the stock version to flash only the EC by typing "x" and hitting "enter". ;)

Hi everybody, someone you've installed the bios mod might say if you can enable intel virtualization mode vt-x unlike the original?

thanks in advance

It is enabled by default, if it doesn't work with a supported CPU, then it's either Windows preventing it (using the resource itself) or not properly implemented.

Hello Prema,

I buy 2x Hyperx HX318LS10IBK2/16, so I have 32GB now.

Can I overclock this ram in Your's bios ?

Or this ram make this automatic?

Where I can find a option for it, and what to change ?

It is in the Mod BIOS under:

For W-Series: "Chipset" > "Graphics & Memory Configuration" > "Memory Configuration"

For P-Series: "Advanced" > "Performance Tuning" > "Memory Overclocking"

I assume since I have a clevo 970M in my msi I can still flash the vbios to your newer premamod vbios?

Yes.

Hi guys, when I try to flash vbios for p6xxse, I get No Nvidia Display Adapters Present. Drivers are the 347.shjt

(I'm using P6xxSE_34_34_PM_v1 and I have already flashed bios successfully).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just keep GPU-Z running in the background to keep the dGPU activated.

I sold my W230SS to friend, and he doesnt like to tweak anything. Stock bios would be nice but last time i flashed it broke ethernet. Got some error messages from bios on boot. Cant remember was that stock bios from clevo or from prema. is the EC different between these or something? And then theres the black screen bug which is annoying.

No problem to return to stock BIOS. (If your Windows is installed in UEFI, then Just re-enable UEFI afterwards or it'll try to boot from Ethernet instead.)

Black screen bug on (W)QHD screens is a bug of the stock v1.03.03 BIOS (it doesn't originate from the Mod). Clevo fixed it in BIOS v1.03.06...next Mod should be based on that, too...

hi,

before i get started to flash my vbios,wanted to ask some quesitons. I'm not using prema bios for my clevo p170sm-a. my graphics card is gtx 980m. is there any kind of guide ?

HOW-TO: - Double click "ModMe.bat" in Windows and follow on-screen instructions

is that all ? Or do i have to do something first ?

Thank you !

That's all. :)

Hi Prema,

Thanks again for your P6XXSG bios, it's working great on my P650SG. I'm just curious about this TOLUD value in the memory setting in the bios. What does it do? I read a bit and it has something to do with eGPU?

It defaults at 1GB, should I change it to dynamic or higher value? Does it affect overclocking the memory? I have 3x8GB GSkills Ripjaws

Thanks

If you don't use an external GPU, no need to touch that setting.

Prema,

I want to say thanks for the amazing bios! I have a p170sm (non -a) and threw in a gtx 980m w/ prema bios and it runs fantastic! I'll be showing my gratitude soon enough with a donation. Keep up the great work!

P170sm (non -a)

i7-4700mq

16gb crucial balistix

GTX 980m

4x 840 Evo 240gb

With those specs, is it beneficial to run a 330w psu? i currently have the stock 240w unit.

Thank You! A little appreciation and a good punch to the "coffee button" every now and then keep me motivated! :)

Even with an OV/OCed GPU you may not need a 330W PSU as your 4700MQ should be easy on the power draw. Only get a higher rated PSU if your current one trips or is getting too hot.

Thank you Prema. Can you tell me what vBIOS version I will need, and where I could find it?

I'll have to dig it up. Will update this post with it later...

EDIT: Here You go: https://mega.co.nz/#!yUtkxA7a!lfe8pT8CW86Pktf0EC4UjrPsLewDocZZi7UPXp7fOqw

good to see you again prema..!

are you planning to make Revision 2 modded vbios for GTX980m ?

I'll be testing with NVIDIAs new driver and see what that needs first...

...my question is whether after update bios from permamod, I unlock CPU and GPU for more overclock? that all components will work fine such as keyboard backlight? and all chpiset and all components? and everything will be alright?

Wait for the next Mod update for P37xxSM-A with proper GTX9 support...

In P170EM there is a hidden menu for advanced settings?

ON HM and EM Clevo is using an alternative limited setup to override the stock one.

I have made a beta test with a redirect to original AMI setup with ALL options unlocked, but its not hooked into the NVRAM and thus changes have no effect.

It requires more re-work...

Prema,

what value set to have 2400mhz speed or 2133 ?

in For P-Series: "Advanced" > "Performance Tuning" > "Memory Overclocking"

I am not experience in that :)

My memory will be stable - I have 32 GB ram and I get bsod - maybe windows is a reason or laptop not support stable 1866 mhz .

Do you know something about that ?

ON HM and EM Clevo is using an alternative limited setup to override the stock one.

I have made a beta test with a redirect to original AMI setup with ALL options unlocked, but its not hooked into the NVRAM and thus changes have no effect.

It requires more re-work...

We're working or is it all stop? Thank You

You say that for the P150EM a BIOS of 1.00.04 is required. I have a higher BIOS 1.02.14 and EC 1.02.11 is that ok to flash?

We only need to update to v1.00.04 on P1xxEM first if the current BIOS/EC are older than that.

If your system is already on v1.02.xx then you can directly flash the latest version.

We only need to update to v1.00.04 on P1xxEM first if the current BIOS/EC are older than that.

If your system is already on v1.02.xx then you can directly flash the latest version.

Thanks for the quick reply. This laptop might have some life left for Attila yet, time to OC that 675MX even further.

Sorry another question, do you have a vBIOS for the 675MX?

Flashing P150EM BIOS worked great thanks!

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic