[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I just wanted to give a heads up that I own a Clevo P170SM and I've got a GTX 970M on order - according to the seller they'll be shipping it out today and hopefully I'll have it by this weekend. Let me know if there is anything I can do or upload to help the whole process.

@ALL

Right now, thanks to my unbelievable luck, I am sitting on 3 broken development systems, which I need to fix first before anything else can happen here...

If you want you can help me to purchase spare parts by giving the donation button a punch.

Prema, just a quick question, if I undervolt my P170SM CPU (4700MQ), with your latest BIOS mod would the setting stick each reboot?

If you set them via Mod BIOS, then yes. :)

Hello guys,

i have a clevo W370ET laptop.i was running the 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013) which i found here W35xET/W37xET Series which is an official clevo bios if i understand correctly. I was running this version just fine.

However recently i found about premabios mods, and i thought i'd give that a try. So i installed the latest premamod version for my W370ET and specifically this one: Prema Mod v3 W370ET/NP6370 which can be found here: W370ET/NP6370 | Prema Mod.

With this version i have a problem. The laptop fun is always on, and this is disturbing me. I would like to put again the version 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013).

Is that possible?

I am asking because premamod says that one should NOT downgrade, or his computer will be bricked.

Also in the premamod forum there are stock bios for my model i.e. W370ETx BIOS 21 & EC 13 (STOCK BIOS & EC | Prema Mod) but i havent tested that.

So my question is, can i put again the 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013) from here W35xET/W37xET Series ? or will i brick the system?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Panos

The reason your FAN is running more frequent is that your system now has CPU Turbo enabled.

(On that model with the stock BIOS Clevo disabled the entire CPU Turbo while the dGPU is running. That's right you never had any Turbo before). ;)

- Use Clevo Control Center / Hot Kay App to set the system to Entertainment mode during normal usage

- Lower the TDP values or Turbo Time to keep it cooler.

- You can also just disable the Turbo manually in Mod BIOS when you don't need it.

I just wanted to give a heads up that I own a Clevo P170SM and I've got a GTX 970M on order - according to the seller they'll be shipping it out today and hopefully I'll have it by this weekend. Let me know if there is anything I can do or upload to help the whole process.

My current mod just works just fine, all you need is a driver .inf mod, will fix that too in an update later...

holy crap, thats some real bad luck right there! sorry i couldnt help u out with a replacement screen, but ill make sure to drop u some cash via paypal buddy! gotta get u up and running again before my new rig arrives! :D

The reason your FAN is running more frequent is that your system now has CPU Turbo enabled.

(On that model with the stock BIOS Clevo disabled the entire CPU Turbo while the dGPU is running. That's right you ever had any Turbo before). ;)

- Use Clevo Control Center / Hot Kay App to set the system to Entertainment mode during normal usage

- Lower the TDP values or Turbo Time to keep it cooler.

- You can also just disable the Turbo manually in Mod BIOS when you don't need it.

Thank you for the answer.

Do you think setting the system to entertainment mode will run cool and quiet as b4?

Can you tell me how to lower the tdp values or turbo time?

Also can you tell me how to disable turbo manually?

I understand these settings are most probably in the bios, but can you tell me the exact commands please?

Kind regards

Panos

we are two here. Waiting for the same card today! :Banane45:

Let us know for some feedback. :):)

- - - Updated - - -

If you set them via Mod BIOS, then yes. :)

I have heard someone says that a few people bricked their laptop by modifing the voltage directly from the BIOS.

Instead he would recommend the Intel XTU software for any mod, what do you think about it?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want you can help me to purchase spare parts by giving the donation button a punch.

Done! Thanks for your hard work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi prema, I have installed the 970M on my P170SM, but nvidia drivers keep telling me that the hardware is not compatible.

What that could be?

I think I am on the latest Premamod as you can see from this screenshot:

QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==LTlKII2.png

UPDATE: I just modded the .inf file manually and it worked! I could install the drivers!

Now I have another serious issue, the BIOS says VGA: unknown, and when windows 8 boot up I have a black screen. :(

Any help?

You have either not modded the inf properly or the card has the wrong vBIOS...what version is on there?

Showing as unknown or empty is normal on cards that are newer than the BIOS...

You have either not nodded the inf properly or the card has the wrong vBIOS...what version is on there?

Sorry I am totally new regarding the vBIOS thing.

Where I can check the version?

I've also tried to download the drivers from laptopvideotogo.com after checked my vendor ID on device manager, but they wouldn't install either.

Sorry I am totally new regarding the vBIOS thing.

Where I can check the version?

I've also tried to download the drivers from laptopvideotogo.com after checked my vendor ID on device manager, but they wouldn't install either.

open NVIDIA Inspector - it showes the VBios Version.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can also see the vBIOS version directly in the F2 BIOS menu...

Prema I have done it! It took me hours but I have done it... :D

The problem was related to the nvidia drivers, my mod on the .inf file was fine, I had too many errors with "driver failed to install" and I couldn't install it no matter which version I tried.

After spending few hours on internet reading different opinions and solution, I discovered mine.

I had to reinstall windows from scratch and install the drivers manually from device manager, but with the signature enforcement disabled on the OS.

I have yet still to test if I repaste the GPU correctly and what temperatures I will reach at full load.

Here a screenshot of the card:

RsgJbqx.png

UPDATE: Seems like I spoke too soon, I can't believe it... once I reboot windows I got again this black screen ( but I can see and move my mouse arrow, its weird), not sure if its a driver issue, but at least now seem like I can install the drivers again (same method above) with no errors except this black screen issue.

Should I flash a new vBIOS? Where I can find the correct one for my card?

I have no ideas anymore.. :(

GTX980M & GTX970M work in P570WM! :)

They already have even newer BIOS...so <<< NO ETA™ >>> on the mod...

Changelog v4 BIOS v5 EC: Support N16E-GX/GT VGA Card.

So P570WM with v4 BIOS can support GTX980M in SLI mode with or without editing the inf file?

I found out that this black issue on the new nvidia drivers its something almost everyone experienced recently:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/648176/geforce-drivers/monitor-display-blank-screen-issue-after-driver-update-updated-1-23-14-/30/

I was reading to try to deactivate the Intel HD4600 from the BIOS, would it be safe or I'll risk to have my monitor completely black without any GPU running?

I found out that this black issue on the new nvidia drivers its something almost everyone experienced recently:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/648176/geforce-drivers/monitor-display-blank-screen-issue-after-driver-update-updated-1-23-14-/30/

I was reading to try to deactivate the Intel HD4600 from the BIOS, would it be safe or I'll risk to have my monitor completely black without any GPU running?

No, that's impossible on the Clevos with Optimus, we would end up with no picture at all...

In the meantime I have probably found your problem > you where modding the wrong .inf file <

Prema success!! :D

Thank you so much for the .inf mod!

I had to reinstall windows as I kept getting the stupid "driver failed to install" warning, but as soon as I did that everything worked out eventually!!

I rebooted windows few times, played a couple of games, and it seems fine so far finally. :D

I can't wait now for your next Premamod release for the BIOS.

Really thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

hey guys, i have the clevo p170em with prema bios, it already been a while but at some point intel XTU stopped showing CPU Frequency, i updated xtu but didnt change anything, and it came all of a sudden

CPU Z shows the correct frequency thou, dunno what this is about

any suggestions?

(On that model with the stock BIOS Clevo disabled the entire CPU Turbo while the dGPU is running. That's right you ever had any Turbo before). okQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

- Use Clevo Control Center / Hot Kay App to set the system to Entertainment mode during normal usage - OK i understood how to do that

- Lower the TDP values or Turbo Time to keep it cooler. - HOW can i do that through bios? Which are the commands? I have searched the bios but cannot decide what the commands are.

- You can also just disable the Turbo manually in Mod BIOS when you don't need it. - How can i do that through bios?

Thank you for the answer.

Can you tell me how to lower the tdp values or turbo time?

Also can you tell me how to disable turbo manually?

I understand these settings are most probably in the bios, but can you tell me the exact commands please?

Kind regards

Panos

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic