EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Meset is only needed if you want to alter ME settings and write an entire ME image with FPT, not for a simple ME update with FWUpdLcl.

I know that. What I meant was simply put: bios with old ME version --> update ME version to latest inside bios --> deploy to others via image file (no FWUpdLcl via Windows). If I understood correctly even at that case MESET is not needed BUT if you change ME settings (overclocking, tweaks) that change clevo default options --> MESET batch needed for end-user. Did I understand it properly?

I know that. What I meant was simply put: bios with old ME version --> update ME version to latest inside bios --> deploy to others via image file (no FWUpdLcl via Windows). If I understood correctly even at that case MESET is not needed BUT if you change ME settings (overclocking, tweaks) that change clevo default options --> MESET batch needed for end-user. Did I understand it properly?

If you flash a regular ME update via FPT the system will brick as the ME is a general base and has not been designed/brought up for this specific system.

MeSet is the software that disables the Chips protection.

After that FPT overwrites the entire chip with whatever you tell to flash. It would even write a jpeg into the ME/BIOS chip.

If you want to update the ME and preserve system specific settings use FWUpdLcl (there is also a DOS version).

• Thumbs Up 1

If you flash a regular ME update via FPT the system will brick as it has not been designed for this system. MeSet is the software that disables the Chips protection.

After that FPT overwrites the entire chip with whatever you tell to flash. It would even write a jpeg into the ME/BIOS chip.

If you want to update the ME and preserve system specific settings use FWUpdLcl (there is also a DOS version).

Prema I have confused you apparently. I have already done that. My Clevo is already updated to the latest ME using FWUpdLcl. I know that FTP writes everything whereas FWUpdLcl just updates the ME version while keeping the settings intact. What I am trying to do is insert the regular updated ME in the stock BIOS and create a ready-to-be-flashed file by anyone with the same series without them needing to use the windows FWUpdLcl ME flasher. Basically I want to deploy this to others. Personally, I'm updated! ;)

Sorry for the confusion

Prema I have confused you apparently. I have already done that. My Clevo is already updated to the latest ME using FWUpdLcl. I know that FTP writes everything whereas FWUpdLcl just updates the ME version while keeping the settings intact. What I am trying to do is insert the regular updated ME in the stock BIOS and create a ready-to-be-flashed file by anyone with the same series. Basically I want to deploy this to others. Personally, I'm updated! ;)

Sorry for the confusion

And I just told how to do that and how not to do that for others...use a regular ME update file with FWUpdLcl same way you did it for yourself.

Making an all in one file isn't required and not something you just do...every single setting has to manually be ported and the ME specially designed for that system.

You can't use a dump and you would waste your time learning how to use Intel Tools if all you want to do is a simple ME update.

• Thumbs Up 1

use a regular ME update file with FWUpdLcl same way you did it for yourself.

I finally understood what you meant all this time. I have seen at other mods (& yours of course) updated ME firmwares inside the bios file and I wanted to do the same.

EDIT:

Making an all in one file isn't required and not something you just do...every single setting has to manually ported and the ME specially designed for that system. You can't use a dump and you would waste your time learning how to use Intel Tools if all you want to do is a simple update.

Yes, I am willing to go the extra mile. In general I don't want to just request something. I like to also learn something in the process. And no I won't use the dump, that was a silly idea due to not being experienced. I know a lot of stuff about computers, just not bios modding. I'm trying to learn the basics. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Because it's powered

2.Only on old HM series

3. Fan doesn't shut down if temperature didn't reach shut off value before being disable under dGPU power off mode. Under BACO it acts according to temperature.

4. That's totally up to your usage scenario.

So dGPU power off mode - is better because fan work when it is nessesery - right?

And even if we will play game and close - it will protect dGPU from heating gpu (big temperature - right?)

It'll adjust the FAN properly (without BACO the FAN will also continue to run even when not required)

It'll adjust the FAN properly (without BACO the FAN will also continue to run even when not required)

I ask because I see that - after close a game - fan stop work - is silent - or maybe it is ilusion ? :)

GPU fan will stop adjusting once dGPU is disabled. If this happens while FAN speed is high it won't spin down, except in BACO mode or if we manually force FULL FAN and then switch it back off.

If your GPU FAN keeps adjusting automatically in non BACO mode it means that another app still keeps using it.

GPU fan will stop adjusting once dGPU is disabled. If this happens while FAN speed is high it won't spin down, except in BACO mode or if we manually force FULL FAN and then switch it back off.

If your GPU FAN keeps adjusting automatically in non BACO mode it means that another app still keeps using it.

Is any program which show fan rpm ? :)

Hay all,

Just noticed the P370SM3 V2 mod and am DLing now.

Oh and will one of these days donate for the efforts, Talents and skillz of the modders that have fixed manufacturer bugs in every submission.

If I haven't donated something soon hassle me through my email:)

• Thumbs Up 1

And we now have 980M AND 970M - big performance and low temperature heh :)

Clevo HQ processors are soldered ? :)

Hei Prema,

Is there anyway to make the W230SS fan increase/decrease on a curve? It seems to only currently have three speeds: off, vacuum cleaner exhaust, and 747. A curve would be a 100 times better.

I'll test it on my own system during the weekend...maybe it requires the driver to be installed after the change?

what driver? the nvidia gpu driver?

Hi

Does anyone here know if the 980m will work in P570WM 4960x - at the moment I am stuck with 880m's in SLI - over throttling is a huge issue - open 20-30 webpages and this thing dies in the proverbial - NVidia driver crashes - I was hoping that Prema or some other of you Gurus here may know the answer...

Hi

Does anyone here know if the 980m will work in P570WM 4960x - at the moment I am stuck with 880m's in SLI - over throttling is a huge issue - open 20-30 webpages and this thing dies in the proverbial - NVidia driver crashes - I was hoping that Prema or some other of you Gurus here may know the answer...

We haven't tried it, yet...

@ALL I need a P1xxSM-A user to dump its BIOS for me to help recover someones board. PM me please! THX! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

gee, the users are keeping u pretty busy here prema :D i think its time i take a looksy looksy around here, since NBR seems awfully quiet these days...

ill surely be back in this thread soon for a potential P6xxSx bios mod :D

keep up the good work buddy and dont let urself be stressed too much ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

since the bios update (Prema Mod FN + 1) - on my Clevo P 170EM - no longer correct key assignment!

FN + ESC - broken

FN + F12 (Bluetooth) = broken

everyone else broken !!!!

what can I do?

:grumpy:

P170SM - will support Haswell refresh and later broadwell ?

New clevo models will have soldered cpu and gpu ? :(

since the bios update (Prema Mod FN + 1) - on my Clevo P 170EM - no longer correct key assignment!

FN + ESC - broken

FN + F12 (Bluetooth) = broken

everyone else broken !!!!

what can I do?

You could try to read the text right above the download button on the blog and flash the correct version for your keyboard layout? :P

P170SM - will support Haswell refresh and later broadwell ?

New clevo models will have soldered cpu and gpu ? :(

All socketed Haswell should work. There won't be any non ULT (low voltage) Broadwell before Q3 next year, so yeah... ;)

You could try to read the text right above the download button on the blog and flash the correct version for your keyboard layout? :P

Hi Prema,

have you a link for me?

I see nothing.....:hurt:

Hi Prema,

have you a link for me?

I see nothing.....:hurt:

Just read the front post, right below the text that says

IMPORTANT ONLY FOR P-EM Systems:
;)
  • Thumbs Up 1