[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, regarding the BIOS mod you gave me for my NP8130 I see some Warning events under event viewer with this message:

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 3 seconds since the last report.

Is that normal?

Thank you!It works well!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6863[/ATTACH]

After change T2 mode,I could pass memtest86.

The error had come out by the memtest at the T1.

How big of a performance hit are you getting for running T2? I've been trying to run minimum latency so I run 1866 10-11-9 T1.

Also noticed that my memory is very temperature sensitive. Going to attempt putting copper flashing on it and see if it helps.

Hi Prema, If I want to run the P170EM bios in my P150EM, should I first flash to the stock P170EM, I am going to order a 3920XM and would like to be able to use XTU. Or is there a chance that you will be able to enable XTU on the P150EM bios?

Is flashing to the P170EM bios even a good idea, I have read that it is working for some?

Thanks Again

How big of a performance hit are you getting for running T2? I've been trying to run minimum latency so I run 1866 10-11-9 T1.

Also noticed that my memory is very temperature sensitive. Going to attempt putting copper flashing on it and see if it helps.

The score became somewhat good.

at 3DMark11 Physics Score

DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1T:9618

DDR3-2133 12-12-12-36 2T:9959

I'll try to put copper seat and 1T.

Thank you!It works well!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6863[/ATTACH]

After change 2T mode,I could pass memtest86.

The error had come out by the memtest at the 1T.

Hello

Seeking AIDA64 memory test chart

As shown below

post-6621-1449499494302_thumb.jpg

Thank you!

PREMA, I think your latest BIOS is preventing zero-core on AMD. It's always running very hot here. Normally, when it's idle, the temps will reduce to around 25C. But since the V2, it never goes below 45C for me, therefore the fans never fully turn off.

Prema, regarding the BIOS mod you gave me for my NP8130 I see some Warning events under event viewer with this message:

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 3 seconds since the last report.

Is that normal?

I would say that's the regular temp or TDP throttle = to be expected

Hi Prema, If I want to run the P170EM bios in my P150EM, should I first flash to the stock P170EM, I am going to order a 3920XM and would like to be able to use XTU. Or is there a chance that you will be able to enable XTU on the P150EM bios?

Is flashing to the P170EM bios even a good idea, I have read that it is working for some?

Thanks Again

No problems you can use my P170EM mod to flash BIOS & EC in one go, fan profiles are different on P17 as in more silent & speeding up on higher temps as it was designed for higher/hotter running CPUs.

PREMA, I think your latest BIOS is preventing zero-core on AMD. It's always running very hot here. Normally, when it's idle, the temps will reduce to around 25C. But since the V2, it never goes below 45C for me, therefore the fans never fully turn off.

Maybe the driver? Flash the latest stock BIOS from the other sticky here to see if problem persists.

I would say that's the regular temp or TDP throttle = to be expected

Well, it isn't supposed to be throttling when having regular operations, right? My average temps are in the mid-50's. With my desktop computer, I can reach up to 90C and I don't get those event viewer errors?

Well, it isn't supposed to be throttling when having regular operations, right? My average temps are in the mid-50's. With my desktop computer, I can reach up to 90C and I don't get tuthose event viewer errors?

The CPU Turbos up to its TDP limit for a certain amount of time and then throttles, you can raise TDP limits in XTU or, if the cooling is sufficient, even avoid throttle all together. Some CPUs don't even reach thrir advertised maximum Turbo Speed without those manual adjustments.

Also I think the latest EC is 14.

Saw it on Sager, haven't checked or seen stock Clevo versions yet...

The CPU Turbos up to its TDP limit for a certain amount of time and then throttles, you can raise TDP limits in XTU or, if the cooling is sufficient, even avoid throttle all together. Some CPUs don't even reach thrir advertised maximum Turbo Speed without those manual adjustments.

Understood, but what I'm wondering about is why does it not happen on my desktop with an i5-2500K CPU? That also has Turbo.

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3319-p170hm-memory-4gx4-%3D-2133mhz.html

Understood, but what I'm wondering about is why does it not happen on my desktop with an i5-2500K CPU? That also has Turbo.

Because that CPU/mobo/cooling combination apparently doesn't breach its TDP limits...even identical cpu models on the same system often behave slightly differently...

Glad the mod worked for you! Looks like I'll have to make 2T mods public as they behave differently to automatic 2T mode...as if it is not enough time spend already to maintain all those mods... :P

Because that CPU/mobo/cooling combination apparently doesn't breach its TDP limits...even identical cpu models on the same system often behave slightly differently...

Glad the mod worked for you! Looks like I'll have to make 2T mods public as they behave differently to automatic 2T mode...as if it is not enough time spend already to maintain all those mods... :P

Ah, so this behavior is normal for a laptop?

hello, this week i have buy a clevo p170em with 3630qm and 680m. I have seven 64 instaled and I would like to know if when I will flash bios, system will crash (update of sata ahci controleur) and if I can flash 680m after this?

thanks for your help

thanks for your job.

Fn + 9 works perfectly and help for some bench.

boot logo is now "colored"

can you ad an option to enable/disable intel hypertreading on P170em or it's impossible?

good luke for next.

thanks a lot

hello, this week i have buy a clevo p170em with 3630qm and 680m. I have seven 64 instaled and I would like to know if when I will flash bios, system will crash (update of sata ahci controleur) and if I can flash 680m after this?

thanks for your help

Right now the new RAID versions have a boot delay issue only in Win7 RAID mode, this will be fixed in the next release. You can flash the GTX680M whenever you want... ;)

EDIT:

P170EM, P150EM, P151EM, P370EM & P370EM3 versions of PM v1.0.3 now available in OP:

- Updated Clevo base to v17 (P170EM)

- Legacy RAID oROM downgraded to v11.6.0.1702 (TRIM without WIN7 RAID boot delay bug)

- Added 2T EDITION (Tad slower, but proven more stable with difficult RAM like 2133Mhz & 32GB)

HEllo,

I have a question regarding the 7970m vbios, is the vbios updated with every bios update, or do I need to update it my self?

If I have to do it my self, wich version is the latest version and compatible with my P170EM?

Thank you in advance

N3ST

HEllo,

I have a question regarding the 7970m vbios, is the vbios updated with every bios update, or do I need to update it my self?

If I have to do it my self, wich version is the latest version and compatible with my P170EM?

Thank you in advance

N3ST

The vBIOS is separate on P-Series models. Not sure atm about the latest version...

EDIT:

P170EM, P150EM, P151EM versions of PM v1.0.3 now available in OP:

- P170EM BIOS base updated to v17

- Legacy RAID oROM downgraded to v11.6.0.1702 (TRIM without WIN7 RAID boot delay bug)

- Added 2T Edition (Better 2133Mhz & 32GB RAM support)

:bananajump:

Hope P_HM can unlock as soon as possible to

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic