[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I did use QHD-version.

I cant get picture whenever restarting, sometimes i get picture when i shutdown and turn on. i always get picture when i shutdown computer, pull battery out, press power button to drain all power, battery back, power on.

Is there anything to do with processor whics clocks dramatically down while on battery? Especially hd graphics clocks down to 400MHz and windows aero gets sluggish, and even old games doesnt run. But when I plug AC then hd graphics runs older games nicely. Of course geforce will run anything on battery...

If your system is set to UEFI there won't be any options displayed to enter BIOS, just the Prema logo and Windows loading screen, that's normal.

Yep that was it, thanks Prema! Now I need to work out getting the display to work with the nVidia drivers. Nice to know it treats the 880M as a 680M, it just doesn't initialize eDP by default since there are no 3D macs. I'll get it fixed though, awesome! Everyone should just have you make the bios for them, it really makes the machine twice as useful!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yep that was it, thanks Prema! Now I need to work out getting the display to work with the nVidia drivers. Nice to know it treats the 880M as a 680M, it just doesn't initialize eDP by default since there are no 3D macs. I'll get it fixed though, awesome! Everyone should just have you make the bios for them, it really makes the machine twice as useful!

Mate are you happy with your Sager now? Or still planing to change to the 570?

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Mate are you happy with your Sager now? Or still planing to change to the 570?

Totally happy with it. I've got Windows 8.1 on one msata, OSX on the other, and two 1TB storage drives, all my games are fine so I don't have to worry about overclocking right now, I love my 120hz screen, and it's still portable.

There are limitations but the trade offs in the 570 are silly for me right now when I have a desktop I can play with if I have things this machine can't do. To be honest though now that I have OSX, there isn't anything the desktop can do the laptop can't other than some higher benchmarks due to 4.4GHz CPU

Totally happy with it. I've got Windows 8.1 on one msata, OSX on the other, and two 1TB storage drives, all my games are fine so I don't have to worry about overclocking right now, I love my 120hz screen, and it's still portable.

There are limitations but the trade offs in the 570 are silly for me right now when I have a desktop I can play with if I have things this machine can't do. To be honest though now that I have OSX, there isn't anything the desktop can do the laptop can't other than some higher benchmarks due to 4.4GHz CPU

Awesome mate. I really appreciate your topic (review) on it and your tips and Prema's regarding osx. I am happy with mine too. Works flawlessly since day one, don't have a single complain about it :D

A big hug

Awesome mate. I really appreciate your topic (review) on it and your tips and Prema's regarding osx. I am happy with mine too. Works flawlessly since day one, don't have a single complain about it :D

A big hug

Just keep in mind if you try OSX, there's a lot that has to be worked around. The flag let's it boot but that's all it does, you have to do a lot of work to install it then you have to do more work to get graphics since nVidia drivers will make a black screen. That flag just fixes the kernel auto reboot issue so the kernel doesn't need a patch but everything else does.

As for the machine I'm happy with it for now. The modded vbios does push temps up too high for comfort but the stock vbios does a great job managing the temps without a huge performance issue in games.

And while it's not a great overclocker the CPU is plenty fast for everything I do with it.

Glad you are enjoying yours as well!

Let's not derail Prema's thread anymore though, take care.

• Thumbs Up 1

If your system is set to UEFI there won't be any options displayed to enter BIOS, just the Prema logo and Windows loading screen, that's normal.

I'm not using UEFI, Windows 7 64bit. If I explain this way, there is no backlight in laptop screen until windows desktop. It's dead, nothing, blanko. Only I can see is blinking harddisk led. Am I really the only experiencing this?

I'm not using UEFI, Windows 7 64bit. If I explain this way, there is no backlight in laptop screen until windows desktop. It's dead, nothing, blanko. Only I can see is blinking harddisk led. Am I really the only experiencing this?

I have the WHQD screen and on prema mod the same effect... The internal WQHD is dark during boot if you have not set "UEFI Boot" in bios. You can connect an external HDMI display and get into BIOS that way when you are in non UEFI mode. I have already reported that to Prema. Maybe he can fix it once his W230SS WQHD has arrived.

I use the non QHD+ Prema Bios version. and have Win8.1 in UEFI. So i'm fine with it. As long as i do no BIOS reset. After BIOS reset (non uefi is set by default) i need an external LCD to access BIOS and set it back to Uefi.

I have the WHQD screen and on prema mod the same effect... The internal WQHD is dark during boot if you have not set "UEFI Boot" in bios. You can connect an external HDMI display and get into BIOS that way when you are in non UEFI mode. I have already reported that to Prema. Maybe he can fix it once his W230SS WQHD has arrived.

I use the non QHD+ Prema Bios version. and have Win8.1 in UEFI. So i'm fine with it. As long as i do no BIOS reset. After BIOS reset (non uefi is set by default) i need an external LCD to access BIOS and set it back to Uefi.

Yes, so we have the same problem. So waiting for fix. Anyway, thanks to Prema for this great bios!

Just press F2 to enter the BIOS setup menu main page.

ty for the answere :) i got 1.00.05 or 1.00.06, so i can just go all in with the latest P170em bios?

Edit: i cant get the password to fit from your video :(

Yeah, that's very old but already good enough to directly install the latest mod.

yeah the pc os kinda old, but still truble with the password. cant extract the files because the passowrd is wrong, even tho its the same as u had in the video

Thank you for your help and every thing, cant get it that u have time for all this :)

Edit: nvm

Thanks for the mods, Prema.

I'm a first time OCer/wannabe OCer, using clevo w370et.

I got your bios installed and working, full fan function is awesome.

Just a beginner question here, I bought a 2920xm (ES) but when I open up XTU all the areas are greyed out for messing with multipliers, volts and whatnot. Secondly, throttlestop wont let me select a multiplier higher than the default CPU multiplier.

I've already changed the max power for short and long term in the bios menu. I then thought you open up a software, say XTU and change the clock,volts and whatever options are there. Is that not how it's done?

Thanks for any help :)

I'd like to throw my vote/request in for a W370SS BIOS. If this is the correct place to do so. I just purchased one and would really like more options than what are currently available.

Thanks.

Thank you Prema. Somehow I missed it when I was searching. I'll be sure to grab it and see how it works for me. I appreciate the work to get it done and posted by those that worked on it.

Thanks for those great BIOS. But I'd like to know that: The P-EM 2T Edition can close the secure boot for single? Now the BIOS can only enabled Windows 8 UEFI and secure boot. I'd like to setup Windows 7 in UEFI mode.

Thinhs are worse than I thought ;-/

Hoping someone can help me here. I have a Digital Stom Krypton / P177SM and reflashed my bios with the prema P177SM v 2 bios. I now have two major problems.

1 My keyboard illumination in not working at all. I have hit fn / and set the color and saved but still no illumination

2. in the device manager is says my GTX 870 is now a standard VGA adaptor with the following message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Any suggestions

And my original bios did not save

Any clue on where to find the stock bios?

Any solution update about case no. 2? I have similar problem with P177SM and GTX 880M.

Bump

Any solution update about case no. 2? I have similar problem with P177SM and GTX 880M.

Bump

P177SM or P177SM-A? They are different!

I accidentally flashed my P170SM-A with the P170SM bios and got the same result as you two did.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic