[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Ha ha ha, no worries the BIOS is directly hosted on a small flash chip on the motherboard, so no need to re-flash.

ENJOY! :)

@Prema

I'd like to upgrade my clevo P150HM from a GTX560M to a GTX770M and asking now kindly for your advice.

Is there on of your legendary modded BIOS for P-HM models comming up in the near future to support current mobile graphic cards ?

Or is it possible to use on of your already modded BIOS which are made for another clevo product ?

I thank you very much in advance for your help !

@Prema

I'd like to upgrade my clevo P150HM from a GTX560M to a GTX770M and asking now kindly for your advice.

Is there on of your legendary modded BIOS for P-HM models comming up in the near future to support current mobile graphic cards ?

Or is it possible to use on of your already modded BIOS which are made for another clevo product ?

I thank you very much in advance for your help !

GTX680M is the fastest card working on HM models (given it is on Clevo vBIOS v29 or MSI v33).

BCLK is the base clock and relevant for both, but only for OCer.

A CPU that runs at 2 Ghz has a base clock of 100 Mhz x a Multi of 20...

Its possible to fix Bluetooth led being always on ?

I have clevo p150em Windows 8.1 intel 7260 ac with prema bios v2.

It's a bug in Clevo's EC base, so unless it's fixed on the driver side, nope.

So my question is... Will this work on a P17SM board. It's a sager mobo from my local pc store called PC Laptops but all the insides are Clevo even gpu and chassis.

They are all made by Clevo. Sager etc just stick their branding on it.

I am wondering if anyone is successfully running OS X Mavericks without an xpcm-free kernel? I looked up HM87 and it supports VT-x/VT-d - does Clevo not support both? I did a search and saw xpcm-free is only needed with busted VT-d but I have VT-d turned on in the BIOS along with regular virtualization so I don't know why it has the issue (reboots immediately when the apple logo comes up if I don't use the xpcm-free command and the patched kernel to support it).

It's not a huge deal because I know how to use Mac Drive and TransMac to backup and replace Mach_kernel but it's driving me crazy that maybe I'm missing a setting or VT-d option is busted in the BIOS so I thought I would ask.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hello, ask prema to turn off "Cfg Lock" setting in BIOS or MSR 0xE2 if it is not already visible in which case you can do this yourself.

You can also do this by yourself with patching the bios from prema with UEFIPatch, but I feel that flipping a bios switch is better than patching.

No more kernel panics after that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a p150sm-a, having received it in the mail yet, but should be coming soon. I having done this in awhile, and im alittle nervous about flashing a bios on something I just paid good money for.

My question is though ive read through almost the whole thread and dont see any mention of a V2 for the sm-a model. At this point is V1 what you have avabile for the A model? Just wondering, making sure im getting the newest bios.

Just picked up a p150sm-a, having received it in the mail yet, but should be coming soon. I having done this in awhile, and im alittle nervous about flashing a bios on something I just paid good money for.

My question is though ive read through almost the whole thread and dont see any mention of a V2 for the sm-a model. At this point is V1 what you have avabile for the A model? Just wondering, making sure im getting the newest bios.

Check Prema's site: http://biosmods.wordpress.com/p150sm-a/

Just got my XMG P304 and not sure which bios to use? There is W230SS with QHD and no-QHD. My screen is 2560x1440.

EDIT: found my answer here: W230SS / NP7338 | Prema Mod

EDIT2: Flashed bios and now I get picture only in windows, nothing on boot, and bios setup, screen stays black. Not even windows boot logo.

EDIT3: Sometimes black, sometimes not, strange.

I am wondering if anyone is successfully running OS X Mavericks without an xpcm-free kernel? I looked up HM87 and it supports VT-x/VT-d - does Clevo not support both? I did a search and saw xpcm-free is only needed with busted VT-d but I have VT-d turned on in the BIOS along with regular virtualization so I don't know why it has the issue (reboots immediately when the apple logo comes up if I don't use the xpcm-free command and the patched kernel to support it).

It's not a huge deal because I know how to use Mac Drive and TransMac to backup and replace Mach_kernel but it's driving me crazy that maybe I'm missing a setting or VT-d option is busted in the BIOS so I thought I would ask.

Hi Ethrem! May be it's not the right topik to ask, why you did not try on insanelymac.com? Anyway, if you are using Clover bootloader you can drop DMAR table so VT-d technology would not be used! Simple... :40_002:

Thinhs are worse than I thought ;-/

Hoping someone can help me here. I have a Digital Stom Krypton / P177SM and reflashed my bios with the prema P177SM v 2 bios. I now have two major problems.

1 My keyboard illumination in not working at all. I have hit fn / and set the color and saved but still no illumination

2. in the device manager is says my GTX 870 is now a standard VGA adaptor with the following message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Any suggestions

And my original bios did not save

Any clue on where to find the stock bios?

Just got my XMG P304 and not sure which bios to use? There is W230SS with QHD and no-QHD. My screen is 2560x1440.

EDIT2: Flashed bios and now I get picture only in windows, nothing on boot, and bios setup, screen stays black. Not even windows boot logo.

Anyone having this problem that I cant get no picture on boot?

Now flashed back stock bios and this problem fixed. But now it says every boot PXE-01: PCI-vendor and device id's do not match. And I lost my LAN adapter.

This is getting annoying, mod bios: no picture on boot, stock bios: no lan adapter. fuck.

Take a look here, BIOS Mod has all required options like "Cfg Lock" for OS X:

Tutorials | Prema Mod

Tested image: MD5: 6179a219e1bf7634fb321fabb8d3288d

SM and SM-A are two different motherboards. SM-A is the newer refresh and v1 Mod is the latest Mod. :)

Thinhs are worse than I thought ;-/

Hoping someone can help me here. I have a Digital Stom Krypton / P177SM and reflashed my bios with the prema P177SM v 2 bios. I now have two major problems.

1 My keyboard illumination in not working at all. I have hit fn / and set the color and saved but still no illumination

2. in the device manager is says my GTX 870 is now a standard VGA adaptor with the following message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Any suggestions

And my original bios did not save

Any clue on where to find the stock bios?

Are you sure that you have the old P177SM and not P177SM-A? You may have flashed the wrong package...

(This may brick systems, so EVERYONE please make sure to check properly what model you have (all info directly in the original F2 BIOS menu) before flashing anything).

Anyone having this problem that I cant get no picture on boot?

Now flashed back stock bios and this problem fixed. But now it says every boot PXE-01: PCI-vendor and device id's do not match. And I lost my LAN adapter.

This is getting annoying, mod bios: no picture on boot, stock bios: no lan adapter. fuck.

If your screen is WQHD (2560x1440) then you need to use the QHD version of the Mod. ;)

Take a look here, BIOS Mod has all required options like "Cfg Lock" for OS X:

Tutorials | Prema Mod

Tested image: MD5: 6179a219e1bf7634fb321fabb8d3288d

SM and SM-A are two different motherboards. SM-A is the newer refresh and v1 Mod is the latest Mod. :)

Are you sure that you have the old P177SM and not P177SM-A? You may have flashed the wrong package...

(This may brick systems, so EVERYONE please make sure to check properly what model you have (all info directly in the original F2 BIOS menu) before flashing anything).

If your screen is WQHD (2560x1440) then you need to use the QHD version of the Mod. ;)

I did use QHD-version.

I cant get picture whenever restarting, sometimes i get picture when i shutdown and turn on. i always get picture when i shutdown computer, pull battery out, press power button to drain all power, battery back, power on.

Is there anything to do with processor whics clocks dramatically down while on battery? Especially hd graphics clocks down to 400MHz and windows aero gets sluggish, and even old games doesnt run. But when I plug AC then hd graphics runs older games nicely. Of course geforce will run anything on battery...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic