[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Ok I see. Yes not having the crazy fun bursts anymore is excellent! I actually uninstalled the hotkey app ages ago as it didn't seem to do anything useful! what purpose does it serve??

It handles Windows Power States and has a bit of influence on FAN behaviour.

It handles Windows Power States and has a bit of influence on FAN behaviour.

Thanks for the Bios mod on the Clevo W370ST just updated now really easy with perfect instructions, will see how the fans are from now, the bios options alone are just unreal to have on a laptop, i will leave a small donation when i get time :)

Thanks again! :pride:

Also thanks to D3rp768 for the very fast response with the password to finalise the extraction.

I have left a small donation on the contribution part on the main page with a note attached, I hope that was the correct place to contribute for one of your mods Prema, it is still waiting to be confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have left a small donation on the contribution part on the main page with a note attached, I hope that was the correct place to contribute for one of your mods Prema, it is still waiting to be confirmed.

That donation link is not for me but brother svl7... ;)

(If you want to donate to me you will have to use the links in the OP of this thread)

When I flash my NP8268-S / P150SM-A to the bios in P15xSM_34_31_PM_v2.rar, the GTX 870M is not recognized (drivers won't install and device is listed as default display adapter instead of "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M"). When I flash back to the bios in P15xSM-A_33_33_Stock.rar, the GTX 870M is restored.

I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong. Does it matter that the stock bioses are different for the -A vs. non-A models, but there is only 1 prema bios for P15xSM based on what appears to be the non-A version?

Many thanks for any thoughts!

When I flash my NP8268-S / P150SM-A to the bios in P15xSM_34_31_PM_v2.rar, the GTX 870M is not recognized (drivers won't install and device is listed as default display adapter instead of "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M"). When I flash back to the bios in P15xSM-A_33_33_Stock.rar, the GTX 870M is restored.

I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong. Does it matter that the stock bioses are different for the -A vs. non-A models, but there is only 1 prema bios for P15xSM based on what appears to be the non-A version?

The answer is marked ;)

SM and SM-A are two different notebooks. Some cross-flashes like this can brick motherboards, so be more careful guys...

EDIT: The Prema Mod release for P1xxSM-A is soon:

http://biosmods.wordpress.com/p150sm-a/

Flash the stock BIOS For P150SM-A.

You got lucky your laptop didn't die...

Sent from my Note 3 SM-N9005 using Civz ROM 2.8 with kernel 1.9

The answer is marked ;)

SM and SM-A are two different notebooks. Some cross-flashes like this can brick motherboards, so be more careful guys...

EDIT: The Prema Mod release for P1xxSM-A is soon:

P150SM-A / NP8268 | Prema Mod

Whew - Looks like I dodged a bullet! Good thing those bioses are compatible.

Suggestion: on the first post in this thread where you list the prema bios files (links), add in the unreleased ones (unlinked) with a "coming soon" so it matches whatever you have planned on the wordpress pages (I actually came straight to the forums via google search and didn't see the wordpress site). Listing the unreleased entries like this will help ensure idiots like me don't just d/l the closest match and flash away.

Cheers - looking forward to the Prema P1xxSM-A - you are awesome for doing these!

• Thumbs Up 1

Suggestion: on the first post in this thread where you list the prema bios files (links), add in the unreleased ones (unlinked) with a "coming soon" so it matches whatever you have planned on the wordpress pages (I actually came straight to the forums via google search and didn't see the wordpress site). Listing the unreleased entries like this will help ensure idiots like me don't just d/l the closest match and flash away.

Good idea :)

Sent from my Note 3 SM-N9005 using Civz ROM 2.8 with kernel 1.9

Hey :)

Sry for my Bad english,

I ordered an nexoc g513 wich an nvidia 780m and an Haswell i7 cpu...

In some forums and google i found some information this notebook should bei the Same Like an clevo p150sm.. is this correct?

And if so... is it possible to flash the bios and ec with premas one?

Hey :)

Sry for my Bad english,

I ordered an nexoc g513 wich an nvidia 780m and an Haswell i7 cpu...

In some forums and google i found some information this notebook should bei the Same Like an clevo p150sm.. is this correct?

And if so... is it possible to flash the bios and ec with premas one?

Please enter the F2 BIOS menu and let us know the "MB Series" reported there. :)

I'm running the premamod bios on my xmg p304 (w230ss) now, and I really all the added settings.

But can you maybe pinpoint me to a site where the bios settings are explained a bit more in detail?

Tried using my smartphone to google all the different settings lol but the results werent so good.

Those (at least the majority) settings are "standard" bios settings or? There must be some reference right?

I'm running the premamod bios on my xmg p304 (w230ss) now, and I really all the added settings.

But can you maybe pinpoint me to a site where the bios settings are explained a bit more in detail?

Tried using my smartphone to google all the different settings lol but the results werent so good.

Those (at least the majority) settings are "standard" bios settings or? There must be some reference right?

If I ever find time I'll try write something up...right now making the Mods already takes all my spare time...

@ALL P150SM-A, P151SM-A, P157SM-A, P170SM-A & P177SM-A Mods are now in the OP!

(change-logs will follow)

ENJOY & PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS DONATIONWARE ! ♥

Hey guys, just want some advice...I have read on the main Prema page that XTU and the prema BIOS Mods don't work well together...is someone able to confirm the below and if it is related.

Before I updated my P150EM with the Prema BIOS/EC Mod, running XTU Stress/Benchmark tests I would have my CPU throttle back once it reached 94-96 degrees Celsius.

After the BIOS/EC Mod, I am now getting no throttling at all and CPU temps rose up to 100 degrees, thus I quickly stopped the test. Idle temps sit at around 45-50 degrees Celsius.

Does the BIOS/EC mod remove throttling, or is this an issue with XTU and the Modded BIOS?

On that model there is no problem with XTU. Also on the models that have a problem it has nothing to do with the mod but Clevo's bugged coding.

The mod is the better alternative to stock BIOS with XTU in those cases (P570WM for example)

Now to your system. The mod extends the Turbo time to 120s. so while it will perform better you can't overclock unreasonable amount on top of that. If it is reaching 100c without overclock and overvoltage then maybe the version on XTU is broken.

Thanks for the quick reply Prema :)

Appreciate all the work you have done for the community, and I agree that your Mods are far more advanced and stable that factory Clevo ones...:)

As for the issue I am having with XTU, I am not overclocking, nor over-volting at all...I am currently using version 4.4.0.4, but also went back to 4.1.0.12 and am having the same problem...

Hmmm...any ideas?

Thanks for the quick reply Prema :)

Appreciate all the work you have done for the community, and I agree that your Mods are far more advanced and stable that factory Clevo ones...:)

As for the issue I am having with XTU, I am not overclocking, nor over-volting at all...I am currently using version 4.4.0.4, but also went back to 4.1.0.12 and am having the same problem...

Hmmm...any ideas?

The stock clevo cooling has many bonehead design and manufacturing problems (warped die contact plate and gigantic air gap allowing around 1/3 of air to be sucked back into fan intake). You can drop temps by over 20C by correcting them.

Another thing you can do is flash the P170EM EC, which will run the cpu fan at 4k rpm starting at 90C, while the P150EM EC never runs over 2.8k rpm even at 100C. You can force 4k rpm with the fn+9 shortcut key to test it without any flashing.

Did exactly what Prema said, uninstalled XTU, loaded BIOS defaults, and ran TS Bench 1024M, monitoring with hwinfo and TS...ran it to 11% and stopped it as temps creeped back up to 100c again.

I did an artic silver re-paste about a month ago on the GPU and CPU, GPU temps have been stable to 75c whilst playing most games at stock GPU clocks, and CPU temps have been between 60-70c whilst playing games.

Only when stress testing it does it creep up to 100c, which I thought throttling was there to protect it from doing so and damaging the CPU.

Sorry, the below was run also with the fan running at max with Fn+1.

post-14045-14494997696098_thumb.jpg

You have a problem with your cpu die contact. This is not BIOS related. If you want help with fixing it, you should either look at other p150em cooling threads, or make your own asking for help since this thread is for BIOS mods.

Guys, anyone using the Hotkey software for windows 8.1 on windows 7? (W230SS)

I tried that one out, but it didnt have the option to turn on/off wifi and bluetooth seperately. Just me or is that missing? In the windows 7 "version" of the hotkey software - with a total different ui, there are those wifi and bluetooth buttons.

Also, is there any way to "save" profile defaults or edit profiles? And have them automatically beeing turned on/off on battery/ac? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..

Actually I came to ask for "recommended" settings for the w230ss w/ 4810MQ. Does turning on the ASPM stuff make sense or does it slow things down alot? How about CPU boot performance - when I let it go to turbo, the fan goes on at boot. But when I turn it to max battery, it boots a bit slower.. (not a biggie, but whats better for battery life?)

Can we discuss/share settings here or where should that go?

And last but not least: There is a new Version out of the BIOS I think: x.x.06 instead of .03 - at least Schenker XMG has that one. (but ill definitely stick with prema.. all those new options)

sorry for double post but I cant see my last psot yet..

Just curious (and interested): How can one learn to mod a bios like you do with the premamod bios? You disassemble or hex-edit or what is the way to go? You dont have the source files right? (what language are bios' written in anyway? C or C++ I guess?)

The is some method to the madness right? =)

Prema, would it be possible to put a DEP (execute disable bit) in the p170em bios? been trying out windows server on the laptop to see how it would run and i cant run Hyper-v on the system because it tells me DEP is not enabled in the BIOs but i know my processor (intel 3920xm) has the functionality. don't even know if it is possible with the rest of the system but thought i would ask anyways

Guys, anyone using the Hotkey software for windows 8.1 on windows 7? (W230SS)

I tried that one out, but it didnt have the option to turn on/off wifi and bluetooth seperately. Just me or is that missing? In the windows 7 "version" of the hotkey software - with a total different ui, there are those wifi and bluetooth buttons.

Also, is there any way to "save" profile defaults or edit profiles? And have them automatically beeing turned on/off on battery/ac? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..

Actually I came to ask for "recommended" settings for the w230ss w/ 4810MQ. Does turning on the ASPM stuff make sense or does it slow things down alot? How about CPU boot performance - when I let it go to turbo, the fan goes on at boot. But when I turn it to max battery, it boots a bit slower.. (not a biggie, but whats better for battery life?)

Can we discuss/share settings here or where should that go?

And last but not least: There is a new Version out of the BIOS I think: x.x.06 instead of .03 - at least Schenker XMG has that one. (but ill definitely stick with prema.. all those new options)

sorry for double post but I cant see my last psot yet..

Just curious (and interested): How can one learn to mod a bios like you do with the premamod bios? You disassemble or hex-edit or what is the way to go? You dont have the source files right? (what language are bios' written in anyway? C or C++ I guess?)

The is some method to the madness right? =)

Hotkey for Win 8.x doesn't include Wifi and Blu Tooth.

You can only create one custom profile and select it manually.

ASPM adds about 30min to an hour depending on your hardware and usage scenario. If I find time I'll add it to a tutorial.

The new BIOS only adds a new ME firmware, nothing of interest.

This new ME even brakes BCLK overclocking as they did not update the ME counterpart the libraries on the BIOS side, which is now incompatible with the new ME and things can not function properly.

So we will stay away from that BIOS until they know what they are doing.

My Mods are a combination of tools & hex combined with hundreds of hours of trial and error.

Prema, would it be possible to put a DEP (execute disable bit) in the p170em bios? been trying out windows server on the laptop to see how it would run and i cant run Hyper-v on the system because it tells me DEP is not enabled in the BIOs but i know my processor (intel 3920xm) has the functionality. don't even know if it is possible with the rest of the system but thought i would ask anyways

The disable bit is enabled in that BIOS by default, so whatever is going one its not the switch....

Hi Prema! I got my P150SM-A from mysn.se yesterday, and flashed it with your bios. It's working great. Also I found on hardwareluxx.de a new video bios from Svogt for the 880m, I installed that as well. It will work fine until svl7 releases his unlocked vbios. Keep up the good work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hotkey for Win 8.x doesn't include Wifi and Blu Tooth.

You can only create one custom profile and select it manually.

ASPM adds about 30min to an hour depending on your hardware and usage scenario. If I find time I'll add it to a tutorial.

The new BIOS only adds a new ME firmware, nothing of interest.

This new ME even brakes BCLK overclocking as they did not update the ME counterpart the libraries on the BIOS side, which is now incompatible with the new ME and things can not function properly.

So we will stay away from that BIOS until they know what they are doing.

My Mods are a combination of tools & hex combined with hundreds of hours of trial and error.

Thanks alot for the thorough reply. Ahh right, they broke the BCLK I remember now.

So would you recommend to enable ASPM? Will it slow the system down alot?

LAst but not least: Can you render the system unusable with the bios settings or can you always turn things back if you notice you tried too hard? Is there some sort of "BIOS reset" jumper? Didnt find the time to "tune" my system yet, but would like to "play around" a bit without worrying too much. I will be careful, but still wondering because this is my only "real" computer right now hehe and working machine as well, so I don't want to render it unusable =).

When I edited the boot performance (i think that was the switch that caused the behaviour) the system would power cycle itself like on the bios update. At first it didnt boot (was on battery, seems it "needed" the ac attached to be able to boot again for one time) so I was freaking out, thinking I broke something hehe.

It's been a while since I overclocked my systems, but nowadays the Ram-speed is independant of the FSB? (BCLK is the "base clock" for all the other clocks in the system now? aka some sort of fsb on which the multipliers rely?)

Sorry for asking so many questions hehe, but I want to understand things. (if it bothers you just say so and I will resort to googling my questions.. but since you are the Guru when it comes to these things I thought it's best to ask directly hehe.. plus you already gave some real good insight that I wouldve never found on google I think..)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic