[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

but no, i can boot correctly at the first time after oc to 1866, and can finish all test, and the clock&timings setting seems all right(11/11/11/28) via AIDA64, but the timings settings are already changed to 6/6/6/14 which can be seen in XTU

then, if i reboot, the system will shut down and reload default bios setting to 1600 cuz the timings setting is 6/6/6/14 at this time

thats why im so confused now

It's not actually running at 6 6... timings it's a fake reading after a failed OC. The system has already decided that it isn't stable and to revert your settings on next boot.

Raise the timings to 11-12-11 or 12-12-12 while OCing to 1866 Mhz and it may just work fine.

On the other hand using XTU at the same time may be the reason why the system reverts your BIOS OC. It is bad and overwrites the BIOS on boot. Uninstall XTU and retry.

trust me prema, i tried many times with or without XTU

im 100% sure that my ram can run at 1866@11/11/11/28, i checked with aida64 ram test, clock&timings are correctly running at 1866@11/11/11/28, and the bandwidth of ram raised to 27xxxM/s from 23xxxM/s@1600, i also run 400% memtest with oc clock&timings, 0 error

so i think my oc is ok. but somehow the oc setting cant be saved in bios

rly need ur help, thx

As long as XTU is installed, even if not used, it will write to NVRAM. The watchdog doesn't care if it is stable in memtest etc. If it decides that it is not, even unfunded it will reset the settings to default.

Is there a way to remove the windows watermark on the bottom right. I think it is from the BIOS settings.

It says:

Windows 8.1 Pro

SecureBoot isn't configured correctly

Build 9600

I made sure UEFI mode is enabled and then under OS's chose Windows 8 on my Clevo P150EM. My other Clevo P150EM is running an older stock BIOS and also has the same Win 8.1 Pro OS on it but doesn't have this watermark. So I'm not sure what's occurring exactly. I think I configured SecureBoot right since my boot logo changed and I don't even see the Windows 8 logo anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, after using Windows Update it seemed to go away. I am curious though as to using standard booting compared to the UEFI being enabled and the OS Selection in the BIOS being Windows 8. What does that add exactly to booting? Also, I noticed for my boot oder, there is Windows Boot Manager automatically enabled as the first item. I had my BD-ROM enabled as #1 in the order but the BIOS automatically changed this when I installed Win 8 onto my SSD which was placed in boot position #2 but now it is in #3. Should I remove Windows Boot Manger from the list? My other Clevo P150EM doesn't have this in the BIOS options so I'm kind of confused.

so is there a way that can force bios save ram oc setting or not?

Yes, uninstall XTU and try with 11-12-11 & 12-12-12.

Is there a way to remove the windows watermark on the bottom right. I think it is from the BIOS settings.

It says:

Windows 8.1 Pro

SecureBoot isn't configured correctly

Build 9600

I made sure UEFI mode is enabled and then under OS's chose Windows 8 on my Clevo P150EM. My other Clevo P150EM is running an older stock BIOS and also has the same Win 8.1 Pro OS on it but doesn't have this watermark. So I'm not sure what's occurring exactly. I think I configured SecureBoot right since my boot logo changed and I don't even see the Windows 8 logo anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, after using Windows Update it seemed to go away. I am curious though as to using standard booting compared to the UEFI being enabled and the OS Selection in the BIOS being Windows 8. What does that add exactly to booting? Also, I noticed for my boot oder, there is Windows Boot Manager automatically enabled as the first item. I had my BD-ROM enabled as #1 in the order but the BIOS automatically changed this when I installed Win 8 onto my SSD which was placed in boot position #2 but now it is in #3. Should I remove Windows Boot Manger from the list? My other Clevo P150EM doesn't have this in the BIOS options so I'm kind of confused.

Windows boot manager is your Win 8.x UEFI installation.

If it says "secure boot not configured", then secure boot is not configured. ;)

We install the secure boot keys by setting “Security” > “Secure Boot Mode” to “custom” and then install the keys in the “key Management” tab. After that you can enable it and the watermark will be gone.

Windows boot manager is your Win 8.x UEFI installation.

If it says "secure boot not configured", then secure boot is not configured. ;)

We install the secure boot keys by setting “Security” > “Secure Boot Mode” to “custom” and then install the keys in the “key Management” tab. After that you can enable it and the watermark will be gone.

My bad :P

Windows shows a watermark when you try to validate it with a pirated Key.. Thought he meant that one lol

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Oh my goodness.. i just realised right now that my Clevo was in RMA @ Clevo Taiwan for almost 2 months... god time flies by!

This week i will have it back... can't wait to play BF4 :D

@Prema: Do you advise me to flash your BIOS? or better not mess with it ? LOL xD

Those are all older BIOS, just use the v3 Modor latest stock packages from the OP or my blog to safely flash everything in one go to latest revisions.

After that your GPU will also report as M290X again.

Hello,

I flash my bios and ec with P15xSM BIOS 304 EC 301

My bios well detect my M290X but under windows i got nothing and i have also a problem with my dvddrive.

Do you think it's an option to unchek in bios?

It's that possible that the bios is not fully compatible ?

Thank for your time.:cocksure:

Zwang

uninstalled XTU and tried 12/12/12, even 15/15/15

still cant save ram setting

Only settings that survive a full shutdown are considered stable and will make it into NVRAM as new boot values.We set it in BIOS, then save & exit followed by a full shutdown from Windows. If those don't stick on the next boot the BIOS watchdog has 'decided' (for whatever reason) that they are unstable and resets them...

@Prema: Do you advise me to flash your BIOS? or better not mess with it ? LOL xD

If you have a new and working board now then just flash ahoy & ENJOY! :)

Hello,

I flash my bios and ec with P15xSM BIOS 304 EC 301

My bios well detect my M290X but under windows i got nothing and i have also a problem with my dvddrive.

Do you think it's an option to unchek in bios?

It's that possible that the bios is not fully compatible ?

Thank for your time.:cocksure:

Zwang

Sure it is the BIOS made for your system by the manufacturer. :)

Your old BIOS was just oooold, so you will have to update drivers, too. ;)

Sure it is the BIOS made for your system by the manufacturer. :)

Your old BIOS was just oooold, so you will have to update drivers, too. ;)

Hello

I try stock bios or premamoded bios no one work. The computer boot and bios well detects hardware but windows dont see the graphic card:

post-24813-14494997424949_thumb.jpg

I try to reinstall windows 7 or 8 but i cant finish installation.

It's like if the original xmg bios was not standard they custom their own bios and it cant work with another.

Have you already succefully flash a xmg p503 ?

I dont know what to try else.

I contact them but they have not answered yet .:confusion:

Thanks

Zwang

Hey guys.

Today my xmg a722 overheated and now it seems like that the fan refuses to activate, even though it is working perfectly.

How do I know it is working perfectly ? I tried to update the bios (thought that maybe it would unlock fan control from the bios), and during the update the fan was working at full speed with no problems, but it did not fix my problem.

But then I heard that the bioses here might help me. But because I have a xmg and not a clevo computer, I'm not sure which bios I have to use, or even if I can use them for my computer.

I think I should try the W370ET but I'm unsure. Help me, please ?

@zwang Well that picture shows that Windows sees the GPU...XMG uses with the same BIOS as the stock one, just with their logos. As do ALL Clevo re-seller. :)

You only need to install the Intel GPU Driver before the AMD GPU driver... ;)

If you have a new and working board now then just flash ahoy & ENJOY! :)

Mate basically I shouldn't have any problems trying to flash the v2 BIOS since it does resets the CMOS right?

Mate basically I shouldn't have any problems trying to flash the v2 BIOS since it does resets the CMOS right?

If you ask one more time...flash it already! :D

Hi.

Is the W370ET the right bios to use for a XMG A722 ? I need it in order to force my fans to activate so that my laptop doesn't fry.

Thanks.

YES, that's the right model.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic