[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Good! The recovery filename is BIOS version dependent, that's why I had know your version first. Clevo changes it every few revisions.

@Everyone, keep in mind that the recovery can only flash the BIOS and NOT the EC. So the BIOS version used HAS to match the current used EC

Now flash the v3 Mod the README way! ;)

Well, i also was but you just have to push the flash button and look away from your screen (all those things saying erasing...) and wait for the reboot :39_002:

@Prema:

BTO has send me a mail that they think that the bios isn't working properly and they wanted the bios that was flashed into the laptop for the last time. So i had 2 options:

1. Give them a original bios file that i never saw before (ofcourse, the stock bios from this website) and hope they will succeed with recovering but if they don't succeed i have to pay for a new motherboard.

2. Give them the modded bios file and hope they don't see it's a modded one and recover the board.

I did option 2. But it keeps loading the wrong settings so they won't succeed i think...

Well, i also was but you just have to push the flash button and look away from your screen (all those things saying erasing...) and wait for the reboot :39_002:

@Prema:

BTO has send me a mail that they think that the bios isn't working properly and they wanted the bios that was flashed into the laptop for the last time. So i had 2 options:

1. Give them a original bios file that i never saw before (ofcourse, the stock bios from this website) and hope they will succeed with recovering but if they don't succeed i have to pay for a new motherboard.

2. Give them the modded bios file and hope they don't see it's a modded one and recover the board.

I did option 2. But it keeps loading the wrong settings so they won't succeed i think...

I repeated all steps that you did and really messed with the settings, but to no avail. Once I pull the cmos they always reset.

Even all ME changes that are applied permanently are only stored in cmos and reset.

That board may have another problem.

Ask them to put another CPU and RAM in there to try to trigger a possible reset.

Thank you for trying to reproduce the problem. I also don't get it why the cmos won't reset... I do have experience with bios flashing, replacing capacitors, doing reflows and overclocking so i don't think i'm missing something.... I will first let them do their job and if they don't get it back to life i will ask them to replace the cpu and ram. If they say the only option is replacing the motherboard on my costs i will reprogram the chip at myself with your dumps.

If you have an AMD GPU you can force it to run at PCI-E 2.0 instead of 3.0. I have to do that to run BCLK over 103.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} in regedit. Then find whatever 000x folder corresponds to the latest driver install. Change the value of "DisablePCIEGen3Support" from 0 to 1, then either restart or disable/enable the 7970m in the device manager and you're now running pci-e 2.0.

The only negative of running 2.0 instead of 3.0 is you can no longer run old stuff like 3dm03 over 1000fps.

Sadly I have the 680m as when comparing cards ppl complained enduro had issues with performance and stability so I went for the safe option. Though its nice that the 680m has 4GB vram.

I bought a W230ST 6 days ago, before buying I searched arround and in notebokeforum the Prema bios were praised for unlocking and stabilizing any clevo laptop.

They did not lie for I flashed it 3 hours after purchasing it.

Computer is fast and quiet when doing office work and it has the punch I wanted it to have.

I haven't messed arround too much with overclock other than overclocking my ram from 1333mhz cl9 to 1600mhz cl9.

Paid 700 euros for it with a basic wi-fi card cause they didnt have the Intel AC in stock with the i7 4700MQ.

Installed 4gb ram I had laying arround from my netbook and bought a 250gb 840 Evo, the only thing that currently bothers me is the static when I plug earphones and something is connected to the USB port.

I may try to isolate that component from static in some way, any idea/suggestion?

I bought a W230ST 6 days ago, before buying I searched arround and in notebokeforum the Prema bios were praised for unlocking and stabilizing any clevo laptop.

They did not lie for I flashed it 3 hours after purchasing it.

Computer is fast and quiet when doing office work and it has the punch I wanted it to have.

I haven't messed arround too much with overclock other than overclocking my ram from 1333mhz cl9 to 1600mhz cl9.

Paid 700 euros for it with a basic wi-fi card cause they didnt have the Intel AC in stock with the i7 4700MQ.

Installed 4gb ram I had laying arround from my netbook and bought a 250gb 840 Evo, the only thing that currently bothers me is the static when I plug earphones and something is connected to the USB port.

I may try to isolate that component from static in some way, any idea/suggestion?

The static is a driver thingy, update THX, audio, video & chipset driver and it should be fine. ENJOY the Mod! :)

@ALL Prema Mod v1 for P370SM, P370SM3 & P375SM released and now in the OP.

Changelog in a day or two, have friends over atm...

ENJOY! :17_002:

I did some more OCing for highest possible bclk (disregared if the gpu got dropped) and maxed out at 106.99 on cpu-z (107.18 reference clock) above 107.26 the system lags for about 5 seconds then crashes (well shuts down thanks to xtu safety features) I would experiment more but i almost corrupted windows using the "restart glitch" to bump the bclk past 107 and had to recover from the disc.

Thank you to prema for making this possible!!!!

Here's the fruits of my labour:

post-19966-14494996954178_thumb.png

post-19966-1449499695306_thumb.png

pwhvp9-4.png

post-19966-14494996952165_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, very nice, looking forward to trying out the modded BIOS for p157sm... Have been somewhat disappointed by the overall performance, moreso by the two bluescreens I've gotten in the past two months or so. My last machine, once I got the overclock set right didn't bluescreen for 4 years. I kind of forgot they existed...

Flashed the BIOS and everything worked...

BUT

Now i tried to reset the CMOS and everything but i can't get my Clevo to show the recovery menu..

Simply turns on, and doesn't show POST messages, the screen won't turn on...

Well i tried to do FN+1 and the air blowers go to full speed and the flash of the BIOS went great, it went down and i unplugged the PSU...

Since it refused to run i tried to CMOS...

Any ideas? :(

Flashed the BIOS and everything worked...

BUT

Now i tried to reset the CMOS and everything but i can't get my Clevo to show the recovery menu..

Simply turns on, and doesn't show POST messages, the screen won't turn on...

Well i tried to do FN+1 and the air blowers go to full speed and the flash of the BIOS went great, it went down and i unplugged the PSU...

Since it refused to run i tried to CMOS...

Any ideas? :(

When my laptop decides to not boot for no reason I find either pulling or adding a memory stick to reset things enough to allow it to boot. It's much easier to do than removing the keyboard to pull the CMOS battery.

If just pulling a memory stick doesn't work then pull the CMOS battery for over 30 seconds with the main battery out and the laptop unplugged.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, zylor, i had the same after i changed the baseclock ratio and it won't boot anymore, not even with a bios reset, different ram and the recovery options.

@Prema:

Help!!!!! BTO did reconized the your bios so they won't give any warranty, well they are saying that in normal conditions it isn't covered by the warranty but they will discuss about the warranty with clevo :( They think that i flashed the bios wrong and bricked the machine, but i flashed it right and the cmos just won't reset. That's a totally different problem because that is just a bad mainboard i think.

I also told them that they install a different cpu/gpu but they said that they already done that. Maybe my dad can push BTO a bit because i had to flash your bios to get the machine working properly...

They are also charging €50 without tax for the labour that was done to try to repair the machine. (is that explanation/sentence right?) So i think they can screw me in the most badest conditions.

:( :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, zylor, i had the same after i changed the baseclock ratio and it won't boot anymore, not even with a bios reset, different ram and the recovery options.

@Prema:

Help!!!!! BTO did reconized the your bios so they won't give any warranty, well they are saying that in normal conditions it isn't covered by the warranty but they will discuss about the warranty with clevo :( They think that i flashed the bios wrong and bricked the machine, but i flashed it right and the cmos just won't reset. That's a totally different problem because that is just a bad mainboard i think.

I also told them that they install a different cpu/gpu but they said that they already done that. Maybe my dad can push BTO a bit because i had to flash your bios to get the machine working properly...

They are also charging €50 without tax for the labour that was done to try to repair the machine. (is that explanation/sentence right?) So i think they can screw me in the most badest conditions.

:( :(

Same here.. No reset on CMOS And won't start.. :(

Waiting for store's reply now..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You have two different systems (P170SM & P370SM) and also ended up there by going different paths:

@bauto601 I think your board is not OK, they should replace it. The Mod you used and the things you did simply don't create the result you got. There are reseller that are selling their systems directly with the Mod, so that should be no excuse.

It's no secret that lot of re-seller even bricked quiet a few Haswell boards with Clevo's stock updates as the new EC seems to be a bit of a challenge... ;)

EDIT: Check your PM. That's what you can send them. :)

@joluke I sent you an email, I have some time now...since a few different user tested the same Mod and others are using it without problems...let's see if we can find out how your configuration is different and nail it down!!! :)

So if i reflash the chip, there is a chance the motherboard still won't work? I will tell BTO about it, they even used your disclaimer on your blog to have a reason to give me no warranty! Can't you send them a message, i can give you their e-mail adres and my rma number...

EDIT:

Well, thank you for your answer (or your edit...), i will keep you posted.

@joluke I sent you an email, I have some time now...since a few different user tested the same Mod and others are using it without problems...let's see if we can find out how your configuration is different and nail it down!!! :)

You are really a great guy! :D

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm having dinner, in one hour I'll give you feedback on this matter

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic