[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema I just replaced my w230st BIOS with your new modded one, but I think I have an issue. It doesn't detect my nvidia 765m for some reason, what do you think I should do to get it to recognize my gpu? Thanks!

What do you mean by not recognizing? Is there no more gpu in device manager or is it just not using it. Maybe reinstall the nvidia driver...

Oh my bad! It was just because the drivers were outdated :P sorry about that. It's fixed now. But I have another question too: is there any way to control fan noise directly in this version of the BIOS?

????

Fans are all automatic except the FN +1 full fan mode, but should work better with this EC...we are testing further tweaks atm.

ENJOY the Mod ????

Prema I don't know what to do, i used your bios since Windows 8, everything just work, now i used leaked Windows 8.1 iso, but its the final and did the reinstall of it(no the upgrade from 8 to 8.1) its in uefi mod with secure mod and all Keys installed(bios, Windows 8.1 asks for it), and cant see Windows Boot Loader option, neither the Cd or Hd, all i can see in bios is the pendrive if connected pls help me

Prema I don't know what to do, i used your bios since Windows 8, everything just work, now i used leaked Windows 8.1 iso, but its the final and did the reinstall of it(no the upgrade from 8 to 8.1) its in uefi mod with secure mod and all Keys installed(bios, Windows 8.1 asks for it), and cant see Windows Boot Loader option, neither the Cd or Hd, all i can see in bios is the pendrive if connected pls help me

I think you can only install UEFI via pen drive, not CD.

The CMD Command rate (which may be T1 or T2) is the time it takes between when the signal is given to select the memory chip to be used (can be any of the chips within each memory bank) and the beginning of a read cycle of the memory chip. T1 means that this time it only takes 1 clock cycle and 2T takes 2 clock cycles.1T is typically ~4-5% faster than the same memory/speeds at 2T.
Is there any chance that the CMD rate could be implimented into the bios settings so that I could change it myself, currently I'm running 32gb corsair vengance 1600 @ 1866. Also could you please tell me if after updating my p570wm to prema mod v2 bios this would give me problems flashing my 680 sli's with svl7 vbios's? I have already flashed them a few times, but since updating to prema mod v2 I can no longer flash my vbios, nvflash states cannot read file etc???

Hi Prema,

I've been able to narrow down a state where I get the auto-startup bug 100% of the time. It's very strange. It also happens on the Stock 05 BIOS as well as your v1 BIOS. Here is how to reproduce perfectly, at least on my W230ST. Please note, I run Windows 7 x64 Pro.

1) Shutdown your laptop. Wait 1 minute, then startup into Windows. Wait 2-3 minutes to ensure Windows has finished loading everything.

2) Put the laptop into Hibernation. Wait 2-3 minutes, ensure the laptop is off.

3) Turn the laptop back on. BIOS will say "Resuming from Hibernation". Wait to load into Windows.

4) Now Hibernate again. Wait for the computer to turn off. Do not touch anything. Immediately after shutting down into Hibernate, the computer will turn itself back on. It will now automatically turn back on after every hibernate and even after a regular Shutdown. The only way to make it run correctly again is to do 2 shutdowns in a row.

I am running Intel Management Engine Components 9.0.5.1367 in Windows, and my IME FW (as reported in BIOS) is 9.0.21.1462. I installed the IME software from Intel's website because it had a newer version number than the IME software which came with my computer.

If you are also running Windows 7 x64, could I please ask you to try and see if you can replicate this issue on your end? I'm curious if other people are getting this too. I'm running a fresh installation of Windows, and my laptop is brand new, so am not sure what could be causing this, but I suspect it might be the IME Software. Am going to try uninstalling that and see if it fixes things.

Update1: Just tried the latest 06 BIOS and I still get the same problem.

Update2: Uninstalling IME does not fix the problem.

I think you can only install UEFI via pen drive, not CD.

Prema I'm installed with pendrive Windows 8.1(using rufus to make it uefi bootable, the same as i used to make Windows 8 uefi pendrive)

but there is no option to select any boot override like hd,cd neither the Windows boot manager all i can see, if pluged is uefi pendrive

OP UPDATED with ME Firmware v8.1.51.1471 for Ivy Bridge Systems.

Is there any chance that the CMD rate could be implemented into the bios settings so that I could change it myself, currently I'm running 32gb corsair vengance 1600 @ 1866. Also could you please tell me if after updating my p570wm to prema mod v2 bios this would give me problems flashing my 680 sli's with svl7 vbios's? I have already flashed them a few times, but since updating to prema mod v2 I can no longer flash my vbios, nvflash states cannot read file etc???

If you use P570WM Prema Mod v2 then you can already change RAM command rate in BIOS. Just switch RAM mode to custom make your settings, then save and ext.

After the next shutdown the new settings will stick if your RAM & the system can take them. ;)

As for the vBIOS mods, they probably just have the wrong name, the extension has to be ".rom" and the file name can be no longer than 8 digits.

Hi Prema,

I've been able to narrow down a state where I get the auto-startup bug 100% of the time. It's very strange....

It's not a BIOS but some driver or SSD firmware issue.

Please update the Intel Chipset driver...

Prema I'm installed with pendrive Windows 8.1(using rufus to make it uefi bootable, the same as i used to make Windows 8 uefi pendrive)

but there is no option to select any boot override like hd,cd neither the Windows boot manager all i can see, if pluged is uefi pendrive

Maybe there was an old partition left which was not deleted? What Notebook model do you have?

Maybe there was an old partition left which was not deleted? What Notebook model do you have?

OP UPDATED with ME Firmware v8.1.51.1471 for Ivy Bridge Systems.

I have p150em, When i installed Windows 8 in uefi it creates about 4-5 partitions necessery to uefi, then i did 2 extra partitions C and D, Windows 8 was installed in C, and D as for movies and etc. When i installed 8.1 i dont deleted all the partitions just formated C and installed. I dont know if this can be the problem cause i already make a lot of reinstalations of Windows 8 the same way and never had problem.

Actually in 8.1 it performs well, i can use the Windows, but i think if theres nothing wrong.

Where i can download and install the Me Firmware, in your bios or in a separeted file? Pls help me.

Hi Prema.

I am not sure if this is a reposted question or not but does anyone have an updated bios for the sager np9380-s 3D?

I will upload them at one point, right now v2 BIOS and I think v5 EC are still latest...

I have p150em, When i installed Windows 8 in uefi it creates about 4-5 partitions necessery to uefi, then i did 2 extra partitions C and D, Windows 8 was installed in C, and D as for movies and etc. When i installed 8.1 i dont deleted all the partitions just formated C and installed. I dont know if this can be the problem cause i already make a lot of reinstalations of Windows 8 the same way and never had problem.

Actually in 8.1 it performs well, i can use the Windows, but i think if theres nothing wrong.

Where i can download and install the Me Firmware, in your bios or in a separeted file? Pls help me.

Delete ALL partitons except your data drive (D) and then just create one additional one and let the Windows installer do the rest. The Win 8.1 needs the first (small) one to create its UEFI boot loader.

If you want to brick your system then yes. :-P

HAHAHA NO THANK YOU!

thanks for that heads up!

edit: if you ever get a update for the bios for the NP9380-S (Clevo P370SM3), can you either shoot me a message or post up in one of my threads :P

ill keep my eyes peeled here but searching though the blocks of posts will take a lifetime.

Sorry, I did ask something similar in a different thread, but now here seems more appropriate.

I have the W230ST and successfully updated to Prema's BIOS. I noticed it also flashed the GTX765m as well. What can I do with the GTX765m now that I couldn't do before, and what tool(s) should I be using?

I've just been using MSI Afterburner and Intel XTU for overclocking, but I haven't yet enabled voltage control in MSI Afterburner. If you guys could just point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

I'd like to emulate Prema's 5409 3Dmark 11 score!!!

Sorry, I did ask something similar in a different thread, but now here seems more appropriate.

I have the W230ST and successfully updated to Prema's BIOS. I noticed it also flashed the GTX765m as well. What can I do with the GTX765m now that I couldn't do before, and what tool(s) should I be using?

I've just been using MSI Afterburner and Intel XTU for overclocking, but I haven't yet enabled voltage control in MSI Afterburner. If you guys could just point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

I'd like to emulate Prema's 5409 3Dmark 11 score!!!

You can beat that score easily. It was just a test run. You have to use nvidia inspector for working voltage control, msi afterburner doesnt do the job. :-)

Hey Prema, do you know if some of those BIOS solve the problem during the game with 780M SLI and 120hz the screen goes black and the game crash?

Thanks.

You just have to grab the vbios linked it that thread it will solve the problem.

Thanks for this! I have noticed that RAM clock control is not in the bios settings. Do we need to use a windows app to get to them? I'm on P170EM with your latest.

On P170EM you have to use Intel XTU irc...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic