[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I can't get the system to boot in UEFI mode. I have Windows 8 installed on an NP9150. What settings should I have? With Sager's stock BIOS I could use UEFI mode with just having OS set to Windows and UEFI set to enabled. I could toggle Secure Boot on and off and the system would always still boot correctly in UEFI mode. Now, when I enable UEFI mode, the system will always boot and go to the BIOS screen. I can tell it my OS is Windows 8 or Other and boot in normal BIOS mode, but I can't get UEFI boot to work. I've tried all combination of Secure Boot settings and no luck. Any help please, someone?

What do you see when you press f7 on startup?

Windows requires to be installed in UEFI mode, we can not just switch to UEFI mode after installation. For that you have to set the "OS" to "Win8" and "UEFI" to "enbaled".

If you previously installed Windows in UEFI mode that will still work for you.

Windows requires to be installed in UEFI mode, we can not just switch to UEFI mode after installation. For that you have to set the "OS" to "Win8" and "UEFI" to "enbaled".

If you previously installed Windows in UEFI mode that will still work for you.

Alright, here is what disk management shows me:

Does this mean that Windows isn't installed in UEFI mode? Previously I believe the main drive had 3 partitions, but now I only see 2. I think there was a 100MB /efi partition. To install Windows in UEFI mode, do I first set the BIOS to OS=Windows and UEFI Mode=Enabled?

A native UEFI installation would have the SSD formated to GPT (GUID partion table) prior to installation. Yes you would set the BIOS to "Win8" & UEFI enabled then install windows.

What do you think guys, Clevo finished with a BIOS updates for P1xxEM? Now they will only support a new models?

The EM-Series has native 8970M driver support (which is re-branded/re-clocked 7970M), idk they bother to add that gpu name to BIOS, too.

Essentially its now EOL.

I need a few more P150EM tester for a RC1 test for the XTU Mod. It's to test it on a few more CPU models before the public release.

Just PM me. :)

I can be your tester unfortunably ive just register and i cant send any pm´s and i dont want to spam other threads just to get the 5 posts (even thou i will get it since im a long time reader).

I have a 3610QM so if you need my help just pm me.

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused and having a problem with my HD setup. I have a Crucial 512GB SSD that I formatted the regular way (NTFS). Now I've already installed lots of software which I have carefully and painstakingly configured and I have data on it too. I've also meticulously set up my Win 8 OS the way I want it to appear and don't want to have to redo everything again.

My problem now is how do I "upgrade" or convert my SSD so that it will be on GPT/UEFI without having to reformat the SSD again? I'd like to preserve the contents of my SSD exactly the way it is but under GPT/UEFI mode? I read here that the SSD should have be formatted as GPT prior to the installation of the OS? Isn't there a way like can I backup my SSD using the Free Paragon Backup and Recovery 2012 and then reformatting as GPT/UEFI then restoring the contents? Will that work and preserve my OS setup and software configuration exactly as before with the SSD under UEFI?

Thanks.

From a newbie ;)

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused and having a problem with my HD setup. I have a Crucial 512GB SSD that I formatted the regular way (NTFS). Now I've already installed lots of software which I have carefully and painstakingly configured and I have data on it too. I've also meticulously set up my Win 8 OS the way I want it to appear and don't want to have to redo everything again.

My problem now is how do I "upgrade" or convert my SSD so that it will be on GPT/UEFI without having to reformat the SSD again? I'd like to preserve the contents of my SSD exactly the way it is but under GPT/UEFI mode? I read here that the SSD should have be formatted as GPT prior to the installation of the OS? Isn't there a way like can I backup my SSD using the Free Paragon Backup and Recovery 2012 and then reformatting as GPT/UEFI then restoring the contents? Will that work and preserve my OS setup and software configuration exactly as before with the SSD under UEFI?

Thanks.

From a newbie ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

The current BIOS v17 code that is responsible for the throttle is equal in P170EM & P150EM, but it looks like on the P-EM Series the whole throttle thingy was only introduced in the later BIOS revisions. I am looking at an earlier BIOS it is absent, so are some sleep-states...but it helps me in isolating it, so let's see. I am digging :)

OK, I have isolated the code, ready for a beta run tonight Kheng-man? ;)

You managed to fix the cpu throttling when using Dgpu?

Me love you big time ill help test.

Got a P150Em and a 3740QM

Hi, I recently attempted to flash my P150EM with your BIOS, and now my system tries to boot but comes up with a Windows 8 error and says that it needs to restart. I can't seem to successfully flash my BIOS back to stock, nor get the Prema version working. Help?

try this : Converting Windows BIOS installation to UEFI - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki but i'd image the first in case something goes wrong though

Thank you so very much for this very helpful link. I was able to successfully convert my SSD to UEFI format seamlessly. I only had 100MB for the System Partition so I used the free MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition to increase the size temporarily to 200MB. Everything is intact! Thanks for the help.

This forum rocks! :Banane44:

Hi, I recently attempted to flash my P150EM with your BIOS, and now my system tries to boot but comes up with a Windows 8 error and says that it needs to restart. I can't seem to successfully flash my BIOS back to stock, nor get the Prema version working. Help?

That's not the BIOS but the settings. You simply have to set the BIOS settings the way you used them before.

If you had the previous BIOS set to "OS" to "Windows8" and "UEFI" to "enabled" then you have to do it again.

If you in addition also used to "secure boot" "enabled" then you also have to enable that again.

If you don't remember just use one by one of the above settings and try to boot Windows (don't use Windows boot-up repair).

If you installed Windows with the Sata set to RAID, you have to re-enable RAID.

You can tell me, i´ll keep secret! trust me! :rolleyes:

I still don't know what you are talking about ... :48_002:

That's not the BIOS but the settings. You simply have to set the BIOS settings the way you used them before.

If you had the previous BIOS set to "OS" to "Windows8" and "UEFI" to "enabled" then you have to do it again.

If you in addition also used to "secure boot" "enabled" then you also have to enable that again.

If you don't remember just use one by one of the above settings and try to boot Windows (don't use Windows boot-up repair).

If you installed Windows with the Sata set to RAID, you have to re-enable RAID.

Thank you, that worked! I was having a proper panic about that. Thanks :) And thanks for the BIOS!

Forget about fans...for some its too noisy for others too slow, either they kick in too late or are on all the time, also people complain about that idle temps are too high, that's when they don't kick in constantly...impossible...LOL :D

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic