Jump to content
Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Recommended Posts

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, TISMP said:

 

It looks like my Fn key and Win key are swapped.  I see pictures of keyboards on ebay with that being the case.  I think it is the keyboard I got with this computer is a replacement with someone swapping the keys?  Does that sound right?

 

 I just physically swapped the Win and Fn key so it works fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Prema. I would like to learn something concerning your modifications =) Tell please and whether there will be something new in Bios of version 3 for P170EM in comparison with what is provided by the companies with which you cooperate and whether there will be something else interesting to bioowls of video cards? I hope that it is not such big secret and you will be able to slightly open a secret curtain at least a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, recently I bought medion erazer x7841, which is basically clevo P671RG. It has i5-6300HQ processor which is not sufficient for me. I can overvolt and undervolt it (works great on -125mV) but can't get it to change boost clock with xtu or ThrottleStop.
It seems thas bios is blocked. Is there anything to do about it?  Prema, is there any chance you can help me?
I already flashed gpu vbios. Mine 970m isn't OC monster but it works. Now cpu is the way to go.

#donate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, n3roxe said:

Hi, recently I bought medion erazer x7841, which is basically clevo P671RG. It has i5-6300HQ processor which is not sufficient for me. I can overvolt and undervolt it (works great on -125mV) but can't get it to change boost clock with xtu or ThrottleStop.
It seems thas bios is blocked. Is there anything to do about it?  Prema, is there any chance you can help me?
I already flashed gpu vbios. Mine 970m isn't OC monster but it works. Now cpu is the way to go.

#donate

 

the P65xx series is locked cpu unless you buy the 6820HK

 

I recommend returning and getting a refund, pascal is very near and you're only wasting a lot of your money by holding on to that machine

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I know that pascal is near but I need some machine to study, anyway, and I got this one for pretty good price.

Damn clevo. Such wasted potential, first gsync (yeah it has LP173WF4-SPD1 with mxm 970m) and now cpu.
btw I noticed that modded vbios that I flashed dissapeared after I disabled optimus. Just flash it again, right?
Also, I overclocked the screen (well known LG panel LP173WF4-SPD1, as I mentioned) to 100hz. It seems a little more (very very little) darker than stock setting but It works well. No frame skipping.
I always overcloked almost every monitor I could, but never in notebook and never that much (except korean ones :D). There shouldn't be any problem running it like that for daily, should be?

Edited by n3roxe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, n3roxe said:

Yeah, I know that pascal is near but I need some machine to study, anyway, and I got this one for pretty good price.

Damn clevo. Such wasted potential, first gsync (yeah it has LP173WF4-SPD1 with mxm 970m) and now cpu.
btw I noticed that modded vbios that I flashed dissapeared after I disabled optimus. Just flash it again, right?
Also, I overclocked the screen (well known LG panel LP173WF4-SPD1, as I mentioned) to 100hz. It seems a little more (very very little) darker than stock setting but It works well. No frame skipping.
I always overcloked almost every monitor I could, but never in notebook and never that much (except korean ones :D). There shouldn't be any problem running it like that for daily, should be?

 

This system uses very specific vBIOS for each boot mode. If you mix-flash random stuff you will end up without dGPU...

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be possible the gpu not work only on a especific voltage ? The Vbios from prema, could limit the max voltage ?

I have a gtx 675m on a P150m, and every time the gpu reach 0.92v for 10 sec, i have a bsod problem. So I want to limit the max voltage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Soguro said:

Would be possible the gpu not work only on a especific voltage ? The Vbios from prema, could limit the max voltage ?

I have a gtx 675m on a P150m, and every time the gpu reach 0.92v for 10 sec, i have a bsod problem. So I want to limit the max voltage.


Open your bios in kepler bios tweaker and tweak voltages as you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, n3roxe said:

Yeah, I know that pascal is near but I need some machine to study, anyway, and I got this one for pretty good price.

Damn clevo. Such wasted potential, first gsync (yeah it has LP173WF4-SPD1 with mxm 970m) and now cpu.
btw I noticed that modded vbios that I flashed dissapeared after I disabled optimus. Just flash it again, right?
Also, I overclocked the screen (well known LG panel LP173WF4-SPD1, as I mentioned) to 100hz. It seems a little more (very very little) darker than stock setting but It works well. No frame skipping.
I always overcloked almost every monitor I could, but never in notebook and never that much (except korean ones :D). There shouldn't be any problem running it like that for daily, should be?

 

 

it's a side effect of overclock the monitor, sometime the edges can have black spots

 

 

you can disable optimus on p65xxx? so is possible to use dGPU only without any of the iGPU optimus shenanigans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, theoretically speaking that technology is not Optimus licensed by nvidia, Prema explained it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-clevo-p650rg-p650re3-p650re6-sager-np8658-and-np8657-owners-lounge.782595/page-6#post-10111394
Technically - I dont know if they are the same, from what I know in optimus dGPU is connected to iGPU via the same bus. MSHYBRID is probably the same...
Practically - It works well and you can switch it to hybrid/dGPU mode in bios or in control center (which is basically the same, restart needed).  When you are on dGPU only, you have acces to all of the screen settings in nvidia control panel, including custom resolutions.
Thats why I need to find some non-optimus vbios version for my gpu :D

BIG EDIT: friend of mine has optimus technology on some random lenovo (i7, 950m) and he had a lot of problems with graphics switching on w10. Laptop just didn't switch to dGPU in games for some reason, even if performance settings in drivers were legit. I have not such problems at all, however, I have another problem. HDMI port doesn't work when im on hybrid mode. On 'dGPU mode only' no problem at all, but with hybrid mode system cannot detect another screen (i looked into windows settings and intel graphics software). I guess hdmi port is connected to nvidia GPU... well, generally it is a good thing since you can always use hdmi on dGPU mode. That  wouldn't be probably possible if port would be connected to igpu... which leads me to conclusion (if Im not mistaken) that both of gpu's can work  separately, intel is totally off when on dGPU mode (here is your answer @str*_an94baller) and both of them are connected to screen (2 eDP?), and there must be some way to use HDMI port on Hybrid mode, at least in games? 
So yeah, that's different than optimus. And that is why it can be turned off.



@Prema I didn't want to flash some random vbios but the one I used in hybrid mode. Doesn't it should be basically the same, but the fact there are 2 different vbios is because of hybrid mode itself? Or indeed bios is different and i should look vbios for 970m gsync versions (since they doesnt have optimus)? I dont want to screw anything :D Is there an option to flash vbios from pendrive before booting like on normal pc? In situation like this? ;)  Or I will end up without dGPU mode, like you said? Notebook boots firstly at intel gpu, right?
Well, whats the point getting rid of iGPU optimus  shenanigans if you are not able to oc dgpu :D Anyway can you guide me which bios might I flash?

Edited by n3roxe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, n3roxe said:

Well, theoretically speaking that technology is not Optimus licensed by nvidia, Prema explained it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-clevo-p650rg-p650re3-p650re6-sager-np8658-and-np8657-owners-lounge.782595/page-6#post-10111394
Technically - I dont know if they are the same, from what I know in optimus dGPU is connected to iGPU via the same bus. MSHYBRID is probably the same...
Practically - It works well and you can switch it to hybrid/dGPU mode in bios or in control center (which is basically the same, restart needed).  When you are on dGPU only, you have acces to all of the screen settings in nvidia control panel, including custom resolutions.
Thats why I need to find some non-optimus vbios version for my gpu :D

BIG EDIT: friend of mine has optimus technology on some random lenovo (i7, 950m) and he had a lot of problems witch graphics switching on w10. Laptop just didn't switch to dGPU in games for some reason, even if performance modes settings in drivers were legit. I have not such problems at all, however, I have another problem. HDMI port doesn't work when im on hybrid mode. With dGPU only no problem at all, but with hybrid mode system cannot detect another screen (checked in windows settings and intel graphics software). I guess hdmi port is connected to nvidia GPU... well, generally it is a good thing since you can always use hdmi on dGPU mode. That  wouldn't be probably possible if port would be connected to igpu... which leads me to conclusion (if Im not mistaken) that both of gpu's can work  separately, intel is totally off when on dGPU mode (here is your answer @str*_an94baller) and both of them are connected to screen (2 eDP?), and there must be some way to use HDMI port on Hybrid mode, at least in games? 

 

 

 

so it's not optimus, but sort of is

 

nice that you get the ability to switch to discrete, bypass all the hybrid bullshit when needed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, n3roxe said:


Open your bios in kepler bios tweaker and tweak voltages as you like.

 

But I'm having this error:

erro.png

Translation:

The index was out of range . It should be non-negative and less than the size of the collection .

parameter name: Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a P170HM with a deceased 6990m. From what I read, it is qute an old machine to upgrade, any chance a K3100M would work ?

Looks like Prema has done some awesome work to make the impossible happen, so I still have some hope :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prema I want to save bios

Identifying EEPROM... Command complete with error, Error code = 0003 Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_EID_RD_ERROR EEPROM ID process failed. ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

 

avell g1 511 titan

W35XSD038

 

Help!!! :D 

13823432_517861938405374_2036282213_n.jpg

Edited by DanielPedroZa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prema I have used your 980m 8gb vbios v2 flash on my alienware r3 17 4K windows 10, while i was doing it the command prompt seems to close so fast i couldn't read it telling me if it succeeded or not. i checked nvidia inspector and it shows my vbios is modified, but your splash screen doesnt show up when i start my computer does this mean the vbios flash didnt work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bootleg1 said:

@Prema I have used your 980m 8gb vbios v2 flash on my alienware r3 17 4K windows 10, while i was doing it the command prompt seems to close so fast i couldn't read it telling me if it succeeded or not. i checked nvidia inspector and it shows my vbios is modified, but your splash screen doesnt show up when i start my computer does this mean the vbios flash didnt work? 

 

That's sBIOS not vBIOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Prema the laptop I am using is a Clevo P750ZM GTX970m, I seem to be having an issue after enabling dGPU ASPM in the bios. The laptop now shows code 43 on the device manager, I have used Device driver uninstaller through safemode and reformat the laptop. On some occasions the laptop will suddenly read the Graphics card with no errors and other times code 43. I have tried reflashing the bios and disabling dGPU aspm in the bios but to no avail and I seem to be stuck with this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bootleg2580 said:

What do you mean sbios? Like as in only the prema splash screen is the bios not the vbios? @octiceps

 

Yes. Prema splash screen is if you've modded sBIOS. If you've only flashed vBIOS, splash screen stays the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2016 at 10:41 PM, Soguro said:

 

But I'm having this error:

erro.png


Translation:

The index was out of range . It should be non-negative and less than the size of the collection .

parameter name: Index

 

You trying to edit an already modded vBIOS. If you alter those type of Mods further it'll brick your GPU.

You can only use a stock vBIOS with those editors.

 

On 7/31/2016 at 0:56 AM, Stefoss said:

I have a P170HM with a deceased 6990m. From what I read, it is qute an old machine to upgrade, any chance a K3100M would work ?

Looks like Prema has done some awesome work to make the impossible happen, so I still have some hope :)

 

As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry.

 

On 7/31/2016 at 7:31 PM, DanielPedroZa said:

@Prema I want to save bios

Identifying EEPROM... Command complete with error, Error code = 0003 Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_EID_RD_ERROR EEPROM ID process failed. ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

 

avell g1 511 titan

W35XSD038

 

Help!!! :D 

13823432_517861938405374_2036282213_n.jpg

 

Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

 

 

 

On 8/2/2016 at 3:01 AM, bootleg1 said:

@Prema I have used your 980m 8gb vbios v2 flash on my alienware r3 17 4K windows 10, while i was doing it the command prompt seems to close so fast i couldn't read it telling me if it succeeded or not. i checked nvidia inspector and it shows my vbios is modified, but your splash screen doesnt show up when i start my computer does this mean the vbios flash didnt work? 

 

Check in NVIDIA Inpsecor OC tab if the core OC slider is still limited to only 135hz. If it is boot into Windows safe and flash it from there...

 

On 8/2/2016 at 11:34 PM, Killah said:

Hello @Prema the laptop I am using is a Clevo P750ZM GTX970m, I seem to be having an issue after enabling dGPU ASPM in the bios. The laptop now shows code 43 on the device manager, I have used Device driver uninstaller through safemode and reformat the laptop. On some occasions the laptop will suddenly read the Graphics card with no errors and other times code 43. I have tried reflashing the bios and disabling dGPU aspm in the bios but to no avail and I seem to be stuck with this issue.

 

Load BIOS defaults, save and exit, disconnect power for 30s. Then make your usual manual changes.

 

Tip: This board only supports GPU ASPM set to L0s and NOT down to L1. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prema said:

 

Hi @Prema, sorry but I cannot see a reply to mine (though you quoted me)

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Prema said:

 

As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry.

 

 

2 hours ago, Stefoss said:

Hi @Prema, sorry but I cannot see a reply to mine (though you quoted me)

 

@StefossCan you see that?

 

He said "As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry"

Edited by Chronokiller
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prema said:

Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

 

 

 

 

 

@Prema I have to pay ??? :(

Capturar.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DanielPedroZa said:
On 8/4/2016 at 4:39 PM, Prema said:
Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

 

[/url]

 

 

 

 

@Prema I have to pay ??? [emoji20]

...

 

 

No you only have to read: ;)

 

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • By BasedKnight
      I recently purchased a replacement 980M (Clevo model) for my P770DM-G after the original died, however, after installing the card the laptop doesn't boot. I only get a black screen, and after a couple minutes the fans spin to max before shutting down, which is the same thing that happens when I try to boot it without any gpu at all. I've tried the reset procedure, unplugging, removing battery, and removing CMOS, to no avail. It does beep before shutting down (I counted 22 times exactly). Anyone have any insight as to what the problem is?
    • By Axel de S
      Hello guys,
      I have a GT72VR 6RE with G-sync MSI Laptop. Sadly the GPU is partially dead (artefacts all over the screen, crashes, windows detecting a damaged hardware etc...).

      So I bought an other GTX1070 MXM on ebay, which was used in a Vortex G65 6RE before.
      Sadly, when I plug the new GPU in the laptop, the laptop screen stays completly off, but i can use the HDMI port. So i though that I would just have to flash the vbios to the one I was using on the GPU that died, but I couldn't because of a mismatch betwen the PCI Device ID.
      The new GPU ID is : 10DE 1BA1 - 1462 11AF and the previous GPU ID was :10DE 1BE1 - 1462 11AF
      Pretty close right? but the A1 and E1 variation are fcking everything up. I've read that 1BA1 is for non G-sync and 1BE1 is for G-sync. I've also read that the G-sync variation is not part of the card but is an external part no on the GPU board.

      So now I'm wondering what can I do : is there a way to force the vbios flash or to change the PCI ID ? I really need some help here. I'm no expert and I've try as much as I could. Maybe I need to do some vbios editing but I don't really know how to do it and what to do exactly to make this work.

      Thank you very much for your help guys
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

      BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

      GM204.rom
       
      or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

    • By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar
    • By Awesome14
      I found this: https://photonicsguy.ca/projects/t530
       
      It's a nice how to on altering the whitelist on the W530/T530 laptop.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.