Apologies for the spam Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

On 23.5.2016 at 7:39 PM, j3tstream said:

finally managed to install a driver 355.82 and optimus doesn't work... it never kicks in no matter how many profiles I force to use... :logik:

edit: fixed using modded inf from http://laptopvideo2go.com/ and on of latest drivers with no signature enforcing. only way to go seems.

could u tell me how that work with the modded inf, i normally take the mobile driver but since i use 980m the optimus is gone and i would be 1 happy person if it did work again!!

do u install the mobile driver and then the modded inf for this driver?

Is there a way for me to find out if the 970M in my Clevo P650RE6 is 1)Soldered, 2)MXM Version or 3)A Soldered MXM version (which should be OK right?)

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Prema said:

Maybe your caps-lock is on...

I was copy and pasting it in, but I must have had a brain fart and just missed a letter each time because I got it working :D

Great work! The full speed fan mode seems to ramp down every few seconds for some reason, but I am not worried about it.  I thought I read somewhere that there was a slightly more aggressive fan profile you can choose.  Maybe this is it...

I have to disable Intel Speedstep (which then disables turbo) as when the laptop resumes from sleep mode the cpu is stuck at around 1.6/1.7 GHz until a reboot.(power saver mode I think). Turbo is about 3.2ish.  Not your fault of course, just wondering if you have seen it happen before?

Thanks again for the BIOS, good work

Edited by oneillj1989

15 hours ago, viktoris said:

Is there a way for me to find out if the 970M in my Clevo P650RE6 is 1)Soldered, 2)MXM Version or 3)A Soldered MXM version (which should be OK right?)

It's soldered to the motherboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Prema. Using vbios for GTX980M, but i think PSU 180W is not enough for overclocking. Can't push it too far, driver stops, or you can see fps drops. :) Clevo P150SM-A.

19 hours ago, wersuss said:

Hi Prema. Using vbios for GTX980M, but i think PSU 180W is not enough for overclocking. Can't push it too far, driver stops, or you can see fps drops. :) Clevo P150SM-A.

which cpu do u have and how do u test stability?

i tink u could get the 220w p170em psu

Hi Guys,

Please, if you're reading this and you think "god he must be dumb" just know I'll be feeling dumb as well! :whistle:

I have a Metabox Prime P650RG-G which I guessing is pretty much a Clevo P650RG-G, I'm in the same boat with a very locked down GPU with no movement for overclocking.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction about which one I download? I'm trying to match up numbers, trying to work out if it's a MXM 980 and which version, I'm very lost.

If anyone can shed any light on this you will have the thanks of a very happy chappy!

Cheers

Sean

current.gif

On 17.6.2016 at 7:30 AM, wersuss said:

I7 4710mq. I use Valley or Heaven benchmark.

normally the 180w soulh be sufficient, have u treid benching with external screen so the laptop screen is out, and uses no energy?

i got a 3920xm and 980m but 220w psu and it s all fine, your cpu pulls way less energy thou

u could also trie benching 3dmark11 becuase its not cpu AND gpu heavy, its one and then an other

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, chap said:

normally the 180w soulh be sufficient, have u treid benching with external screen so the laptop screen is out, and uses no energy?

i got a 3920xm and 980m but 220w psu and it s all fine, your cpu pulls way less energy thou

u could also trie benching 3dmark11 becuase its not cpu AND gpu heavy, its one and then an other

Thank you Chap :) I will try to use external monitor.

Edited by wersuss

It's common the voltage of gtx675m to come locked to tweak ?

I need Undervolt because a strange problem is causing bsod , but I can't lock the tension in some valor . I'm underclocking to avoid the gpu set the 0.92v alone.

Edited by Soguro

<new topic created>

Edited by Syb

Hello, why i get GPU POWER LIMIT REACHED and itl throtles down clocks? With overclock just +70mhz core.On Valley benchmark.  Gtx980m, PSU 240W

Edited by wersuss

Hey all,

I have a sager np9377SM, dual 970M's and the mDP port is Thunderbolt 1.7 enabled. I have Prema's vbios and system Bios installed, but monitor wil not connect to laptop. I have just purchased a thunderbolt mDP-> female DP1.2 adapter because mDP->DP cables would cause black screen and system hang. I can now see the monitor in my nvidia control panel but it is not outputting to the monitor no matter what resolution i am choosing. The monitor is an ROG Swift 279Q, if that makes a difference.

Is there a BIOS setting for the thunderbolt port that I need to be changing, or a thunderbolt software change I need to make to get the display to work? Im pulling my hair out trying to use this monitor for the features I bought it for, with a laptop that touted being able to make full use of this kind of display.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:19 AM, wersuss said:

Hello, why i get GPU POWER LIMIT REACHED and itl throtles down clocks? With overclock just +70mhz core.On Valley benchmark.  Gtx980m, PSU 240W

Solved thanks to Prema.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear @Prema if you please give me your respected Bios and vBios for my gtx 770m in Alienware 17 r5. Thanks in advance. My vBios attached, and my Bios is the original Alienware 17 ver 14.

Orginal_GK106_Alienware17_GTX770m.rom

Edited by Dr. AMK

hello,I have clevo p170em my 7970m is dead :(what video card I can mount?thx

Hi guys 'n galls,

I'm the new kid on the block. Just recently got myself a re-branded Clevo laptop (P651RE) sporting a 6700HQ skylake CPU and a Nvidia GTX970m 6GB GPU.

I'm really looking into the whole overclocking scene, and I find myself a little bit puzzled. I'm hoping one of you guys can help me on my way.

Is it possible for me to use one of the modded VBIOS to get my card unlocked for tweaking? If so? How and where am I going to to find out which one i'm going to have to use?
And are there any guide lines concerning tweaking thresholds? I'm looking to get maximum results for as little risk as possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to help out! And good to meet you :)

hello,my 7970m is dead :( is possible upgrade with series gtx 7xx/8xx?

I have clevo p170em

@tony84

The 700 and 800 series can be used, but require a special bios mod and other work.

The 900 series are easier to get running and are much faster. If using default bios you can only use drivers pre 360 series, and all drivers require a .inf mod. With prema v3 you can use any driver and no .inf mod is required.

Edited by Khenglish

Hey guys, i´m thinking does anyone of you have any image locating where is the bios chip of the p375sm? i did a bad flash bricked my notebook (again) and the fn+b method did not work :/

I will use a programmer to reflash the official bios and solder this so i can fiddle with the bios without problems! 

As it happens, yes. It's for the SM-A version, but it should be pretty similar.

Clevo P375SM-A - motherboard, top view:

Spoiler

UP2ddPv.jpg

Clevo P375SM-A - BIOS and ME, U12 and U10:

Spoiler

aDexfG3.jpg

Clevo P375SM-A - 1st EC, U15 (unsoldered already):

Spoiler

FO5COFj.jpg

Clevo P375SM-A - 2nd EC, U18 (Pm25LD010):

Spoiler

p8i3f1k.jpg

Interesting adapter, btw, hadn't seen that one before. Arm and a leg, though ... currently use these 200 mil adapters, going for $0.30 each, so ~33x cheaper. Unfortunately, form the looks of it your adapter is ~200 mil as well, so neither of them will work for the 150 mil ECs (or a vbios). Looks like they'll do fine for the BIOS and ME; the adapter appears to have a very compact design, so not a lot of additional space is required beyond the eeprom footprint.

Solved the issue for the vbios with some (ugly) trickery and a 200mil eeprom, but it'd have been better if the pads of the adapter extended more towards the centre of the chip, that way they'd work easily for the 150 mils as well.

HD 8970M, socketed vbios:

Jxi0VK4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey man thanks for the help!!!!

Now i am thinking i how to flash cause as Khenglish stated

" If you don't have a backup image I'm pretty sure you're screwed. BIOS updates that are downloaded are not runnable. They don't have NVRAM configured properly, so a functional NVRAM must already be in place."

And well i was using premabiosmod so i don´t know if i just dl the file and try to flash in programmer will work

Hi there,

I’ve been experiencing some issues with my Sky X9E that is several months old and would kindly ask for someone to help out if they’ve had a similar experience…
The thing is that recently it started behaving strangely. It would suddenly fire up all of its fans to the maximum and start beeping. It would go on for a minute until it shuts down… at first it was happening very rarely, but since a week ago it started doing that every time I turn it on. No matter what I tried, it kept on doing it… I’ve restored default settings in bios, installing and re-installing different aps, removed battery… nothing. Every time same thing happens. It doesn’t matter if I’m overloading the system with some rendering (I’m using the machine for video production purposed…) or just browsing the net. Sometimes it would start within a minute from turning it on and sometime after 10-15 minutes... even if I go to bios it would happen…

Check it out how it looks here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHTa0n8BJs

Now comes the bad part…
Being annoyed extremely by this and the fact I had a project that I needed to deliver soon, I figured I should maybe try to update bios… that seemed like only reasonable option.
I’ve found P870DM-G BIOS version 1.05.07 (My system is with G-sync and 2 980m graphic cards), then made a bootable DOS flash drive and decided to go ahead and flash the bios…
What happened is that the flashing process was interrupted by my machine reacting in the same way as previously mentioned and it shut down in the middle of the process…
And of course, my system is bricked now…
But here is the funny part, even though it is bricked, it still behaves in the same way… monitor doesn’t turn on, but after a minute or two, fans again fire up and after a minute it turns off, but now it is not beeping.

Take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbl5F_7ufyM

I’ve tried to place a stock bios and fn+B while turning on and machine would turn off itself and back on, but nothing would happen.

Anyway, does anyone here has any experience like this or advise what can be done?
Any kind of help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Edited by Major Lazer