Apologies for the spam Read more... ×
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I upgraded to the NVidia 980M card from the original NVidia 680M on my Sager NP9150/Clevo P150EM

Currently running Eurocom BIOS version 1.02.17EC v3b

I can't update my NVidia drivers past version 359.xx

I have a K2 edition, but should I be using Prema Mod ver2 or Prema Mod ver2 2T Version?

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p150em/

I'll be getting the VBIOS here

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9/

Do I need to flash both the BIOS and VBIOS or just the VBIOS?

How do I flash the VBIOS without bricking my laptop?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated

37 minutes ago, Infini said:

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/

Look for your model/gpu here. Prema's v2 mod fixes the issues with the new 361.xx series. Isnt hard either to flash the cards tho can be a little unnerving the 1st time :)

Thanks for that - what is the difference between v2 and v2 2T?

On 30/12/2015 at 6:49 PM, Prema said:

NVIDIA simply broke support for older vBIOS with that driver.

Has nothing to do with stock or Mod, just happens that your stock versions are newer and not affected by the driver bug.

Hey Prema, do we have any update on this. I have just tried to install 361.91 on my GT72 and it won't complete the install so I have to roll back to a pre 360 driver.

Has nvidia fixed the new driver for older vbioses?

On 2/18/2016 at 2:56 AM, madrabbit711 said:

I would very much appreciate any clear explanations behind why this stuttering occurs with Prema's v02 BIOS and not v01 in the above scenario, and any subsequent solution.

Answer and subsequent solution discussed further at NotebookReview.comhttp://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/p157sm-a-premamod-issues-fps-drops.787166/page-5#post-10203541

Hey  Prema, all,

Just fucked up the driver installation with 361.91 after battlefront asked to update to this in order to play... Got the BSOD during installation and at all reboot.

Just see that you god prema did update your vbios, so i'm updating... (have a P170em with 980m).

Thanks again!

Hi. @Prema - Did you ever make a low-voltage version of your 980m vbios? I ask because I'm testing out a theory regarding the later nvidia drivers and the M17X R4. When I say low-voltage, I'm thinking something like 1035 @ 0.975v (if that would even run). PM me if you want to hear the story (as it's probably pretty far off topic).

Ive been digging for like 3 days now and really hoping someone here can help me, does the 980m 8gb version only come MXM? have an alienware 17 but dont want to flash an mxm vbios to a soldered card :/

There is any mod bios for the Clevo p650re6 version?

I have the 6820hk, and i cant overclock with the intel XTU, the CPU clock is not stable.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I already flashed once one of Prema's vBIOSes, but now can't remember if is it normal to receive this message right before flashing?

"warning firmware image pci subsystem id does not match adapter pci subsystem id" 

Whould really like to avoid bricking the card. :)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, phobos1984 said:

Hi Guys,

I already flashed once one of Prema's vBIOSes, but now can't remember if is it normal to receive this message right before flashing?

"warning firmware image pci subsystem id does not match adapter pci subsystem id" 

Whould really like to avoid bricking the card. :)

Thanks!

Hi, @phobos_1984 -- AFAIK that message is normal on the R4 when flashing Clevo vbios...s. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone! i've tried modding this bios myself, but it's locked. any chance if anyone has some spare time they can unlock it?????  965M 2GB 

GM204.zip

Prema please write or are planning to release a new BIOS for Clevo p170sm ??, so you do not have to be combined with inf files every time the drivers ?? in 2015. In January you wrote that this is in the plans. if it is still ?? As it is when you expect ??
  • Thumbs Up 1

The information on the front page says the Turbo functionality is retained. I have a Turbo button my MSI GT70 and I flashed this Bios to a Clevo 970m. However, the card performs beautifully regardless. With the appropriate MSI VGA Tool installed, the turbo button does not work with this bios. Previously, I was able to either select enable/disable in the tool from the tray or press the turbo button, but that was with the old card.

Just curious if the turbo functionality mentioned in the description is the same turbo functionality I am describing.

hi prema i have a laptop w650sf NP4658. where i found for this model bios mod?to flash it? please help me thaku very much.sorry for my bad english.spec for my laptop i7 4710mq and geforce 840m 2gb.i have windows 10

Edited by rallye

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, as I'm awaiting for my P651RE6-G (skylake).

I just wonder if there is a bios and vbios mod from Prema for that model? If yes, what should I do to get it? I was looking on Prema's page and there is only for p6XXSE models.

On 2/27/2016 at 2:14 AM, Naberius said:

Hi, @phobos_1984 -- AFAIK that message is normal on the R4 when flashing Clevo vbios...s. 

So should be "safe" to flash, right? As far as it can get safe to flash something. :)

UPD: just as info for anybody else with my doubts. Did it and all went fine.

Edited by phobos1984
upd

On 3/6/2016 at 2:13 PM, Kinetiq said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, as I'm awaiting for my P651RE6-G (skylake).

I just wonder if there is a bios and vbios mod from Prema for that model? If yes, what should I do to get it? I was looking on Prema's page and there is only for p6XXSE models.

Hi Kinetiq,

Our company DreamMachines has an agreement with Prema.  We can offer you his vBios or regular BIOS if you are interested.  Please, contact us on our website in the contact section or PM us.  We do not have an English version of the website yet, but dont worry all contact can be done in english :).

For everyone interested please let us know.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, DreamMachines said:

Hi Kinetiq,

Our company DreamMachines has an agreement with Prema.  We can offer you his vBios or regular BIOS if you are interested.  Please, contact us on our website in the contact section or PM us.  We do not have an English version of the website yet, but dont worry all contact can be done in english :).

For everyone interested please let us know.

Hello,

I have a clevo p650re6, and interested in the vBios and the regular BIOS of premamod, you guys have bios for this model?

I tried PM but says that you cant receive messages.

Thanks alot

Edited by Clevoplayer

21 hours ago, Clevoplayer said:

Hello,

I have a clevo p650re6, and interested in the vBios and the regular BIOS of premamod, you guys have bios for this model?

I tried PM but says that you cant receive messages.

Thanks alot

Hi Clevoplayer,

I think you wrote us an email.  If so then everything is good.  If not please try to contact through our webpage as we just registered here we cannot accept PM yet.  We will be able to soon.

Hi All, just wanted to introduce myself to this site, I have recently purchased a P870DM laptop and I'm planning to get Prema's bios installed on it in the very near future by Eurocom (I ordered it from HIDevolution) but Eurocom tell me they can have it back to me in 2-3 business days!

Good to be a member and I look forward to many interesting discussions!

Martin

Hi All

I am new to the forum and want to say a big thanks to @Prema . I would have sold my laptop would it not have been for Prema and his amazing work on the prema mod bios so here is the story. Around 3 years ago I bought a a Clevo W370st ( Mecer here in South Africa ). I was over the moon gaming at above 50fps and loving my new laptop. Around a year and a half after I bought the laptop I was shocked to see how quickly graphics cards were becoming outdated these days. I started to game less and less till my second problem hit me. My fan began making horrible noises and speeding up to abnormal speeds. I ordered a new 1 online and quickly replaced it when 2 months later it began again. I had cleaned out the fan housing and checked it sealed properly but the fan would speed up and begin making a noise when becoming unbalanced, I was at the point of selling the laptop and going back to desktop when I came across Prema mod. I found it by accident when trying to flash my bios to get my laptop to boot up quicker. I was so happy now my fan does not spin out of control anymore and it led me to TechInferno where I discovered the eGPU setup and now the proud owner of an EXP GDC Beast and eagerly awaiting my GTX 970 to begin benchmarking. Thank you Tech inferno for saving all those out there who decided a gaming laptop would not be outdated quickly and showing us that just about everything can be upgraded and kept current. Not planning on letting my baby go any time soon. :)

hello prema i wanted using this mod for my laptop x450c intel pentium 2117u 1.8 ghz, 4gb ram kingston, nvidia 720m, i wanted to overclock my cpu but in xtu it grayed out cant overclock it and my 720m can overclock to 1020 mhz from 625 mhz but it not stable, can u give me tutor for installation this bios mod? thx :D