Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Nice to know it's possible to fix the problem.  On the otherhand, I'm running 359.06 and it works fine on my p150em.  Cod:BO3 runs great and I play it nearly everyday without any BSOD.

PREMA,

Will you be releasing an updated vBIOS or do you have reason to believe NVidia will fix their drivers soon?

9 hours ago, Prema said:

- Reset Clevo Control Center to defaults

- Make a full shutdown (not standby/sleep)

- Remove AC Adapter for 30s

- Plug it back in and reboot

Also make sure to flash the "cool" EC when flashing the Prema Mod).

Thanks for the suggestions, Prema. Cool EC is what I had flashed. Rebooting fixes the fan behavior. But what caused it in the first place? I think I know now. I recently increased my GPU overclock, which caused some driver crashes/resets. If, after a driver crash, I click apply defaults in Inspector while max fans is engaged, auto and custom fans stop working until the next reboot. Those are the exact steps that triggered the bug. Weird, huh? :P

On 1/24/2016 at 9:33 PM, zymphad said:

PREMA,

Will you be releasing an updated vBIOS or do you have reason to believe NVidia will fix their drivers soon?

I am waiting for the new 361.75 Rise of the Tomb Raider driver...

On 1/24/2016 at 2:03 AM, octiceps said:

Thanks for the suggestions, Prema. Cool EC is what I had flashed. Rebooting fixes the fan behavior. But what caused it in the first place? I think I know now. I recently increased my GPU overclock, which caused some driver crashes/resets. If, after a driver crash, I click apply defaults in Inspector while max fans is engaged, auto and custom fans stop working until the next reboot. Those are the exact steps that triggered the bug. Weird, huh? :P

Propably Clevo Control Center messing up the EC internal values...make sure to always reset that to defaults or the overrides will stick...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

I've just realised why I cannot boot from Linux Mint that I have installed to an SD card.

It would seem that the SD Card isn't supported pre-boot and so I cannot get the bootloader to detect the OS on the card. I've managed to get round this by using a USB card reader but would is it possible to change something to allow this to work from my laptop's inbuilt card reader?

Thanks

Hi Prema,

Really appreciate the work you doing here. I plan for flash your vBIOS for my 980m(P750DM-G). Will certainly donate in case of success J

My current vBIOS version is 84.04.67.00.A2 and I’m planning to flash CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1

However I’m worried reading so many reports from people who bricked their systems. I wonder why there are so many reports, are folks just so careless and flashing wrong vBIOS?

Anyway, I want to be prepared in case I will need to blind flash stock BIOS. I made a backup of my current vBIOS using GPU-Z. I plan to flash it first before flashing modded vBIOS to familiarize myself with the process (I assume it is safe to flash the same vBIOS as it is now). Then I want to create a bootable USB drive which will do the same procedure automatically. What do think, am I over cautious ? Can you recommend a good guide on blind flashing vBIOS?

9 hours ago, ChrisLane said:

Hi,

I've just realised why I cannot boot from Linux Mint that I have installed to an SD card.

It would seem that the SD Card isn't supported pre-boot and so I cannot get the bootloader to detect the OS on the card. I've managed to get round this by using a USB card reader but would is it possible to change something to allow this to work from my laptop's inbuilt card reader?

Thanks

Depends on the model, but in any way you would have to disable Win8/UEFI in BIOS in order to boot from a Legacy USB/SD-Card.

3 hours ago, unstable said:

Hi Prema,

Really appreciate the work you doing here. I plan for flash your vBIOS for my 980m(P750DM-G). Will certainly donate in case of success J

My current vBIOS version is 84.04.67.00.A2 and I’m planning to flash CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1

However I’m worried reading so many reports from people who bricked their systems. I wonder why there are so many reports, are folks just so careless and flashing wrong vBIOS?

Anyway, I want to be prepared in case I will need to blind flash stock BIOS. I made a backup of my current vBIOS using GPU-Z. I plan to flash it first before flashing modded vBIOS to familiarize myself with the process (I assume it is safe to flash the same vBIOS as it is now). Then I want to create a bootable USB drive which will do the same procedure automatically. What do think, am I over cautious ? Can you recommend a good guide on blind flashing vBIOS?

Sounds right! The Mod comes with a readme and everything required...

For blindflash in Windows: 

We will see...

One thing is for sure 361.75 driver is a horrible performer and very unstable OCer also with working vBIOS ...even compared to the two previous 361 driver...

Could somebody aid me in modifying the INF file for this 970m I just installed in my P170EM? I have Prema Mod V2 installed and the NVIDIA installer is giving me this error:

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

I'm stumped and really stressed on this now. I have the hardware ID "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_71021558" but pretty much lost at that point.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Dodds23

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Prema said:

Depends on the model, but in any way you would have to disable Win8/UEFI in BIOS in order to boot from a Legacy USB/SD-Card.

Sounds right! The Mod comes with a readme and everything required...

For blindflash in Windows: 

I have try today i have followed you instructions and it hasn't worked.  The shorting of the pins has not worked. : ( or something else you can do in this case? 

22 hours ago, Prema said:

We will see...

One thing is for sure 361.75 driver is a horrible performer and very unstable OCer also with working vBIOS ...even compared to the two previous 361 driver...

So what is your verdict?  Doesn't seem NVidia is going to revert to me.

5 hours ago, zymphad said:

So what is your verdict?  Doesn't seem NVidia is going to revert to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

On Nvidia forums, they are asking for vbios dumps because allot of people are getting the black screen reboot problem. I'm assuming they are using vbios mods :whistle: ??? 

The stock 980M-G vbios works with the new drivers but you do notice the performance hit when doing some benchmarks. 

No need to send them my mods..I have new ones coming anyway... 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey Prema

I posted in a thread about an issue (Titled GPU Woes).

Basically... Whenever I enter Blade & Soul with an overclock (Even 1Mhz) my GPU will enter P1 state and stick at 540Mhz requiring card to be disabled/enabled or machine rebooted to go back to normal clocks.

I also had this happen randomly during Dark Souls after ~2hrs of gameplay in a session.

Running games on stock clocks has no issue at all.

I have not seen this issue while playing DX11 games such as GTA V, KF2, Black Ops 3 etc.

Basically I have no idea of why this is happening. If it's a DX9 issue (Only noticed in DX9 games so far), driver issue or vBIOS issue.

Specs:

P770DM-G

970M (Stock vBIOS)

359.00 Drivers

If you know of why this is happening I would love to know why and how to fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, UnicorN said:

what's new in V2 compared to V1.1.1?

The vBIOS base is a full year newer, made it compatible with 361.xx driver, some other "under the hood changes" and added a power consumption meter.

3 hours ago, Jiraiya43 said:

Okay ;)

Prema Mod v2 of GTX980M-G & GTX970M-G for DM models are up!

ENJOY the second wave of the "Rise of the Clock Raider"! :)

ZM-G models are next...

• Thumbs Up 1

I flash it ;)

It work ! Thanx Prema ! I wait BIOS MOD ;)

Edited by Jiraiya43