Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Guest

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Recommended Posts

Merry Xmas to everyone!

Prema, I posted in the nvidia vBIOS guide thread but with no reply.

Is this method still updated if I want to flash my

970M 6GB?:

https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/topic/1687-[GUIDE]-NVIDIA-VBIOS-flashing

Eventually, do you recommend a specific method to flash?

I have a P170SM with premamod.

Thank you so much in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys,

is there anything for the Clevo N170RD?

A friend on mine got it, XTU is supported but you can only raise the TDP levels, the Clevo N170RD has a huge problem with the CPU, after the boosttime it only runs with the std. 2,6Ghz which is really sad... would it be possible to do there anything @Prema ?

 

Does nvinspector run? a few mhz more wouldn t be too bad for the 960m

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

Prema, I need your help - I can't remove the BIOS password on my Clevo P670SE.

I've tried the following:

1) Removing the CMOS battery & waiting a minute
2) Successfully flashing the stock BIOS version from your website

 

The password is still there - I can't remember it and can't even use the Boot Selection sequence, as that also requires it.

 

I understand that there may be some sort of jumper on the motherboard, though I don't know where it would be.

Help :=(

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a Clevo P170EM that was built by M-Tech. The loaded BIOS says its a Clevo P170EMx with BIOS Rev 1.00.04a. It does have 32G of memory and running a 3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3920XM processor and windows key on the right. Which mod is suggested (does the x signify anything special) and you don't by chance have one with the M-Tech splash?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 3:42 PM, Prema said:

Stay shy of 361.43 driver, different systems seem to have experience problems with it:

 

 

Better stay with 359.06 for the time being...the 361.43 crashes the system after the first true reboot (not W10 resume from standby standard).

I have the same  issue on msi gt 80 with prema vbios mod on 361.43. On oryginal msi vbios it is ok . Nvidia locked something in new drivers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2015 at 11:59 AM, 380gencoupe said:

Hello, I have a Clevo P170EM that was built by M-Tech. The loaded BIOS says its a Clevo P170EMx with BIOS Rev 1.00.04a. It does have 32G of memory and running a 3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3920XM processor and windows key on the right. Which mod is suggested (does the x signify anything special) and you don't by chance have one with the M-Tech splash?

 

Thank you

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi prema..!

i want to buy one of clevo notebooks and finally i found a local botique shop in Turkey named "Monster"..they told me they provide all the parts from clevo itself..and i found that all their notebooks are the same with clevo or sager only the name different "monster" in short i want to buy this model contains gtx970m 3gb version (in gpu z it says clevo kapok...)

 

http://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/urun_detay.aspx?urn=477896&kat=6453&lang=tr-TR#.VoGc4PmLTIU

 

so have you got a modded vbios for this 3GB GTX970M or if i send you that vbios backup after purchase would you like to make a custom vbios ? :55_003:

 

one more thing

 

is it compatible to use famous gamenabs gsync driver with gtx970m 3gb or 6gb ? or is it only  compatible with gtx980m ?

Edited by Fidanza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please be kind :)

 

I own a Clevo W370ET laptop, which comes with BIOS 1.02.17. I run Linux due to my day job and everything is great. I had to re-install Windows 8 (dual-boot) for various reasons and I discovered that my newly installed Win8 came with a rootkit. After a lot of digging about various unknown processes "rpcnetp.exe" etc, I found that this is a BIOS rootkit created by a company named Computrace. The rootkit is executed by Windows 8 on boot with admin privileges and installed a service which uses a fake name that appears as a legitimate one "RPC net" (like RPC but added the "net" at the end). I also noticed that it downloads an executable under the user temp directory and installs another remote monitoring program (the executable is signed by a company called Macrovision).

 

The bad news: this rootkit is impossible to remove unless I flash a new BIOS.

 

The good news: it does not work under Linux (yet).

 

Which is why I am here. I wanted to ask if your premamod BIOS is clear of the rootkit... or not.

 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's there, as well:

iUYKN.png

Perhaps the mod allows you to disable it in the bios menu? Depends on whether that option is (still) hidden or not. Not sure Prema can actually do something about this without running into lawyers and such; it's Clevo's decision to implement this anti-theft 'technology' <- rootkit, certainly, would be a better term.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeoPap said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please be kind :)

 

I own a Clevo W370ET laptop, which comes with BIOS 1.02.17. I run Linux due to my day job and everything is great. I had to re-install Windows 8 (dual-boot) for various reasons and I discovered that my newly installed Win8 came with a rootkit. After a lot of digging about various unknown processes "rpcnetp.exe" etc, I found that this is a BIOS rootkit created by a company named Computrace. The rootkit is executed by Windows 8 on boot with admin privileges and installed a service which uses a fake name that appears as a legitimate one "RPC net" (like RPC but added the "net" at the end). I also noticed that it downloads an executable under the user temp directory and installs another remote monitoring program (the executable is signed by a company called Macrovision).

 

The bad news: this rootkit is impossible to remove unless I flash a new BIOS.

 

The good news: it does not work under Linux (yet).

 

Which is why I am here. I wanted to ask if your premamod BIOS is clear of the rootkit... or not.

 

Thank you!

 

 

Are you sure this is really malicious software? A cursory search shows it to be laptop tracing software in case it gets stolen. I think this is the company behind it: https://www.absolute.com/en Of course if you don't want it on your device, then @Prema would be the man to flush it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, thank you both for the quick replies.

 

Unfortunately, the rootkit may appear as a feature for finding stolen laptops, but it seems this is only a cover. The BIOS has NO option to disable it and it runs no matter what. By "runs" I mean that it downloads a set of remote access applications that embed themselves in Windows and open a port of communication to a remote server. Reading several internet posts, I found the remote server to have full access to Compuetrace "enabled" laptops.

 

In other words, some people in that company has full access to all laptops installed with this rootkit. This obviously has nothing to do with them being stolen.

 

I would expect such a technology to be optional (can't be disabled, it was enabled by default), to be advertised by my supplier (my supplier knows nothing of it) and I would expect the rootkit to have a trigger (one the laptop was stolen and have internet access) to actually enable itself to download all sorts of remote access tools (it does so by default).

 

Obviously I'd like this removed from my laptop and I'd expect others would like that as well.

 

PS:

You can check if your BIOS has installed this rootkit on your Windows by running the following command (replace C: drive with your own):

 

dir c:\windows\rpcnetp*.* /s

 

If you find files with that name (and some rpcnet.exe as well) then your BIOS and your Windows are both infected.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

It's not malicious code, but code with a vulnerability that can be misused.

All you have to do is disable "Anti Theft" in BIOS prior to fully formatting the SSD/HDD and installing the OS. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prema, I'm sorry but you find it normal that some unknown people behind some unknown company have FULL access to just about every laptop in the world? You don't find this scary or even worrying?

 

The "Intel Anti-Theft technology" option in the BIOS has no effect on the rootkit. That was the first thing I looked, it was disabled when I got the laptop and its still disabled right now but the rootkit installs itself anyway and downloads remote content. So either this option is a fake, or its meant for something else. (yes I tried a full format and reinstall when I discovered the rootkit, its in the BIOS so no matter what it has to be removed from there first)

 

Any ideas how to remove the part of the BIOS shown by the user H658tu, above?

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Having vulnerabilities in your OS doesn't turn it into a "Malicious Virus", it just has vulnerabilities.

In the same manor "Anti-Theft" is a paid service to detect a stolen system. It is wrong by the Virus scanner to label it as a "Virus" on its own.

Its BIOS code simply has a vulnerability which would allow a "third party" to hijack, locate or wipe your system clean.

Newer BIOS use a newer Anti-Theft code where this vulnerability is patched. Right now its like using a Windows without newer security patches.

 

You can't remove the Anti Theft part from the OS if "Anti-Theft" has ever been enabled, it'll will simply re-install itself.

Instead you need to disable it in BIOS and then only install the OS on a fully formatted HDD/SSD afterwards.

If you ever enable it and boot into OS it'll be there forever.

 

 

BTW, in all my newer Mods I have also disabled "Anti-Theft" by default (the ET is just an old system).

 

 

On 12/24/2015 at 8:02 PM, mfmaju said:

hello,

 

i have  P870DM-G with 8GB GTX 980 desktop. can i flash the stock vbios with performance vbios for gtx980 to unlock its voltage? is it the same vbios as normal GTX980. and if i can flash it, how about the g-sync?  please advice. Thanks.

 

NO, GTX980 DESKTOP & GTX980 NOTEBOOK are two different things. G-SYNC again is another version. Don't mix any of those or your system will brick without a way to recover the 200W card.

 

On 12/25/2015 at 10:10 AM, yukinok25 said:

 

Merry Xmas to everyone!

Prema, I posted in the nvidia vBIOS guide thread but with no reply.

Is this method still updated if I want to flash my

970M 6GB?:

https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/topic/1687-[GUIDE]-NVIDIA-VBIOS-flashing

Eventually, do you recommend a specific method to flash?

I have a P170SM with premamod.

Thank you so much in advance!

 

All my vBOS Mods come bundled with a "one-click" Windows solution and "README" instructions.

 

On 12/25/2015 at 7:03 PM, chap said:

hey guys,

is there anything for the Clevo N170RD?

A friend on mine got it, XTU is supported but you can only raise the TDP levels, the Clevo N170RD has a huge problem with the CPU, after the boosttime it only runs with the std. 2,6Ghz which is really sad... would it be possible to do there anything @Prema ?

 

Does nvinspector run? a few mhz more wouldn t be too bad for the 960m

 

cheers

 

Sorry I don't have a Mod for it yet...too busy with the "BIG BOYS' atm...

Inspector will give you a little twiggle room with the GPU, but it will also increase the throttle with higher clocks...for the XPU try to use Throttlestop.

 

On 12/25/2015 at 11:41 PM, Iroquois Pliskin said:

Hello!

Prema, I need your help - I can't remove the BIOS password on my Clevo P670SE.

I've tried the following:

1) Removing the CMOS battery & waiting a minute
2) Successfully flashing the stock BIOS version from your website

 

The password is still there - I can't remember it and can't even use the Boot Selection sequence, as that also requires it.

 

I understand that there may be some sort of jumper on the motherboard, though I don't know where it would be.

Help :=(

 

You would need someone with an identical system to help You in order to get rid of the password...

 

On 12/27/2015 at 1:29 AM, 380gencoupe said:

Hello, I have a Clevo P170EM that was built by M-Tech. The loaded BIOS says its a Clevo P170EMx with BIOS Rev 1.00.04a. It does have 32G of memory and running a 3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3920XM processor and windows key on the right. Which mod is suggested (does the x signify anything special) and you don't by chance have one with the M-Tech splash?

 

Thank you

 

Use the "P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T" version.

(I don't put vendor logos into my mods unless they are Partner Shops).

 

ENJOY! :)

 

On 12/28/2015 at 5:57 PM, majster msi said:

I have the same  issue on msi gt 80 with prema vbios mod on 361.43. On oryginal msi vbios it is ok . Nvidia locked something in new drivers? 

 

NVIDIA simply broke support for older vBIOS with that driver.

Has nothing to do with stock or Mod, just happens that your stock versions are newer and not affected by the driver bug.

 

On 12/28/2015 at 2:08 AM, Fidanza said:

hi prema..!

i want to buy one of clevo notebooks and finally i found a local botique shop in Turkey named "Monster"..they told me they provide all the parts from clevo itself..and i found that all their notebooks are the same with clevo or sager only the name different "monster" in short i want to buy this model contains gtx970m 3gb version (in gpu z it says clevo kapok...)

 

http://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/urun_detay.aspx?urn=477896&kat=6453&lang=tr-TR#.VoGc4PmLTIU

 

so have you got a modded vbios for this 3GB GTX970M or if i send you that vbios backup after purchase would you like to make a custom vbios ? :55_003:

 

one more thing

 

is it compatible to use famous gamenabs gsync driver with gtx970m 3gb or 6gb ? or is it only  compatible with gtx980m ?

 

That looks like it is the P67xSE-A. If it is you can use the P6xxSE vBIOS that comes bundles with the BIOS.

BUT DO NOT try to flash the P6xxSE systems BIOS to your P6xxSE-A system or it'll brick it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi again..

i ve just bought this notebook from here

http://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/urun_detay.aspx?urn=478851&kat=6453&lang=tr-TR&stk=True&srt=AI#.VoRKnrRZrIU

 

they(monster notebook) told me that its same with clevo P770DM-G...

i realized that vbios of this gtx980m gysnc model starts throttling when gpu temp reaches 72C just like my older msi gt72 2qe..i ve been using prema custom vbios for msi nearly 1 year..but i see in the first post for vbios of my new model this --> "P77xDM-G (soon)"  :23_002:

but on your official page i see you already made it ( https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9-g/ )

 

Prema..if you need that original or stock vbios file i can send you mine..

or should i download this one  " CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1from your official page  ?

 

 

gtx980mm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prema said:

Having vulnerabilities in your OS doesn't turn it into a "Malicious Virus", it just has vulnerabilities.

In the same manor "Anti-Theft" is a paid service to detect a stolen system. It is wrong by the Virus scanner to label it as a "Virus" on its own.

Its BIOS code simply has a vulnerability which would allow a "third party" to hijack, locate or wipe your system clean.

Newer BIOS use a newer Anti-Theft code where this vulnerability is patched. Right now its like using a Windows without newer security patches.

 

You can't remove the Anti Theft part from the OS if "Anti-Theft" has ever been enabled, it'll will simply re-install itself.

Instead you need to disable it in BIOS and then only install the OS on a fully formatted HDD/SSD afterwards.

If you ever enable it and boot into OS it'll be there forever.

 

 

BTW, in all my newer Mods I have also disabled "Anti-Theft" by default (the ET is just an old system).

 

 

 

Vulnerabilities? We are talking about a rootkit in the BIOS which has administrator access to install itself as a service on boot, and bypass all protections !!! This is not what we'd call a "vulnerability", this is outright crazy!

 

The point is that a 3rd company and its employees have full remote access to millions of computers, without any protection.

 

Its enabled by default and the "anti-theft" option in the BIOS is either a fake or for something else entirely. Claiming its an anti-theft feature is pretty silly really, nobody is paying those guys for such a service and legally they have no claim outside of the US. This has definitely nothing to do with a so called anti-theft technology.

 

Am I the only one worried?

 

Is there some guide which explains how to remove this part of the BIOS? It seems this guy managed to do it:

http://www.freakyacres.com/remove_computrace_lojack

 

Or if you could just make a single BIOS file just for me pretty please? :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prema said:

All my vBOS Mods come bundled with a "one-click" Windows solution and "README" instructions.

 

Thank you Prema for your help, as always.

 

Happy new year to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fidanza said:

hi again..

i ve just bought this notebook from here

http://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/urun_detay.aspx?urn=478851&kat=6453&lang=tr-TR&stk=True&srt=AI#.VoRKnrRZrIU

 

they(monster notebook) told me that its same with clevo P770DM-G...

i realized that vbios of this gtx980m gysnc model starts throttling when gpu temp reaches 72C just like my older msi gt72 2qe..i ve been using prema custom vbios for msi nearly 1 year..but i see in the first post for vbios of my new model this --> "P77xDM-G (soon)"  :23_002:

but on your official page i see you already made it ( https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9-g/ )

 

Prema..if you need that original or stock vbios file i can send you mine..

or should i download this one  " CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1from your official page  ?

 

 

gtx980mm.jpg

That is for the 980M-G in the P77xZM-G.

 

Prema has noted there is a slight board change along with a new ID for the GPU's in P77xDM-G therefore needing a different vBIOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spellbound said:

That is for the 980M-G in the P77xZM-G.

 

Prema has noted there is a slight board change along with a new ID for the GPU's in P77xDM-G therefore needing a different vBIOS

 

did you exactly read vbios file name " CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1 " ? it says GTX980M-G DM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 3:51 PM, Bride said:

Hello guys, first of all thanks to Prema for your help. I just flashed this bios P6xxSE_39_310_PM_v2 on my laptop, model Z7M-i78172D1, with a motherboard p65_p67sa.

Actually looks that everything works fine, but in Windows 10 I can't see and select my nVidia GTX965m. There is an option in the BIOS to activate?

Thanks in advance, Bride

 

 

Quote

Well the P6xxSE (GTX970M) BIOS is NOT for P6xxSA (GTX965M)...I haven't made a Mod for it either...sorry.

 

Thanks for your reply, there is a way for have it? :encouragement:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spellbound said:

No I did not. My apologies. It does appear that it is for the DM series and has only recently been added to the site.

 

yeah but i have to wait prema's approval before flashing it..

i need to be sure..

 

and hey..you have a Clevo P770DM-G with gtx970m.. have you tried this one below ?

CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your hard work PREMA, flashed the vBIOS for my 970M GTX 6GB working great!

 

I had a problem at first when I installed the 361.43 drivers, which they gave me a BSOD straight away, had to install the previous one 359.06, now everything is working fine so far.

 

Donation done! ;)

Edited by yukinok25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Yes, those Mods are for all DM-G model GPUs. ENJOY! :)

Will sort and upload everything here on the new TI in the NY...

 

Just make sure not to use 361.xx driver as they broke support for older vBIOS (which most Mods are still based on).

Mod or stock doesn't matter in this case, the driver bug effects both...just use 359 driver until they get it fixed.

 

Happy New Year @ALL! :Banane08::Banane11::Banane09:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I am using a clevo modle W650sr.

And this is the site of its bios :"http://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W650SR/"

I want you to make a prema version of this bios to enable the features like in the W650SJ model that you posted in premamod.com.

Mainly I need to make changes to my RAM.

My e-mail is zoemycat@no_emails_allowed, I really need this bios soon. I can't wait!!! :)

Also when I tried that W650SJ mod, turned out maybe it's because it's the wrong model, my GPU was no longer detected. 

And I fixed it by downloading another official bios copy of W650SR after writing EC to a lower version, and put it in the W650SJ mod, and renamed that bios file with the one was in the mod, and deleted it.

Still I need my RAM to be running at 2133 mhz.

I did it with W650SJ, at the cost of losing my video card.

So plz plz plz plz help me out!

Appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • By Osama Anwar
      So I just recently bought a used ORIGIN PC EON17-X. with CLEVO P775DM-G in it. I wanted to know if its possible to upgrade it with CLEVO P775TM1-G so I can have something like an RTX series in it. I wonder if its possible? Clevoparts does sale CLEVO P775TM1-G. Any expert can help? and what kind of things i would have to consider before following such a plan, what kind of hurdles? Any help is really appreciated.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
       
      Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.
       
       


       
       
    • By Cubitci
      To install the unlocked bios, I prepared and booted a freedos usb. I start the installation by typing flash.bat but every time I get the following error: Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash Access. Please contact the target System BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
      How can i solve this problem ?
    • By Cubitci
      İ'm trying to backup my bios but program shows this error: Error 201: [FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor. And my system is x64 but programs shows System = x32 . How can i solve this error ?
       
      EDİT: Now shows "Error 285: Fail to load driver (PCİ access for Windows). Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account." And at the end the system says it cannot find the specified location, and therefore no results. 
       
      EDİT 2: Now shows Error 284 but i cant see text.
       
      ------------------------
      Intel's FPT v.1.0.4.1089
      ------------------------
      System = x32
      Desktop path = C:\Users\Remzi Ince\Desktop
       
      program shows its my desktop path but its not my desktop path. My laptop language is turkish and my desktop path is C:\Kullanıcılar\Remzi Ince\Masaüstü
       
    • By Hyuk Yun
      I need help to unlock my BIOS can somebody teach or help me??
       
      I want to unlock the hidden advanced and chipset tab plz help me.....
       
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=172WwwQC-IGfGeFA55lr2a5ahe7rIS0Sf
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.