Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

What happens if you raise the Turbo boost time to full?

hi, setting it higher doesn't solve it :/ i've also tried to set all to max in xtu , no matter what settings i use same thing happens as without any overclock:(

hi, setting it higher doesn't solve it :/ i've also tried to set all to max in xtu , no matter what settings i use same thing happens as without any overclock:(

Increase processor ICC max and give that a shot... Also in XTU, add a graph or a number in side pane for thermal, current or power throttling and monitor that...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

hi, here is a screenshot that includes all you have mentioned. As you see theres no throttling , cpu runs normally at first and then drops and locks at 3.49ghz...post-39935-14495000930409_thumb.jpg

@Prema

I have an Nvidia 970m and saw you have a vbios of 970m-G. Is the G-sync 970M-G compatible with my current 970m?

post-7316-14495000931761_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Guess that's not the pic you wanted to upload... ;)

No you can not cross-flash G-sync and regular model (since GTX6xxM ID change is done by MXM board hardware not vBIOS), some systems will even reward you with no more internal screen output.

Guess that's not the pic you wanted to upload... ;)

No you can not cross-flash G-sync and regular model (since GTX6xxM ID change is done by MXM board hardware not vBIOS), some systems will even reward you with no more internal screen output.

LOL. I just renamed my 970m to Titan X.. btw.. here is my 970m hardware ID

post-7316-14495001016029_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

hello i have problem with your bios for clevo p157sm my laptop is turning on with 3 or 5 bootloops after that boot to windows and works fine. its that normal ?

hello i have problem with your bios for clevo p157sm my laptop is turning on with 3 or 5 bootloops after that boot to windows and works fine. its that normal ?

Load BIOS setup defaults...

If that doesn't help set the RAM Command Rate to T2.

Load BIOS setup defaults...

If that doesn't help set the RAM Command Rate to T2.

Thanks for your great work !! now is working well !

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

have a XMG U706 (Clevo P770DM-G) with GTX 970m G-sync.

I can't use official nvidia drivers (installation error). Only Clevo or XMG Drivers are working.

Is it possible to use the one from the first post? Are they compatible with g-sync?

I tried the "CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1" from https://biosmods.wordpress.com/stock/

No luck: Board ID mismatch.

What vBios could be used to install official nvidia Drivers?

Hi,

have a XMG U706 (Clevo P770DM-G) with GTX 970m G-sync.

I can't use official nvidia drivers (installation error). Only Clevo or XMG Drivers are working.

Is it possible to use the one from the first post? Are they compatible with g-sync?

I tried the "CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1" from https://biosmods.wordpress.com/stock/

No luck: Board ID mismatch.

What vBios could be used to install official nvidia Drivers?

You have to wait for the mods for the new board.

As for driver please post your GPU HWID as shown in device manager.

You may need a newer BIOS.

You have to wait for the mods for the new board.

As for driver please post your GPU HWID as shown in device manager.

You may need a newer BIOS.

Thanks for answer.

The HWID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_77031558

I found already a modded Driver (inf file modded) and could install the Driver in win10 (disabling driver signing).

No problems have been detected yet.

post-18474-14495001026564_thumb.jpg

2 Questions:

With a modded vBios for the GTX970m it is possible to use the nvidia Drivers out of the box?

Is it also necessary to update the Bios of the Mainboard?

Hi Prema!

Well I have a problem , I ordered a P771DM -G except that the G -Sync is not working.

The reason is that I have a 970M with 13D8 ID and only then 970M with ID 1618 on for the G- Sync. What should I do ? A VBIOS update may change the ID of my graphic card to spend in 1618 ?

Hi Prema!

Well I have a problem , I ordered a P771DM -G except that the G -Sync is not working.

The reason is that I have a 970M with 13D8 ID and only then 970M with ID 1618 on for the G- Sync. What should I do ? A VBIOS update may change the ID of my graphic card to spend in 1618 ?

You will need a new GSync version of the GPU.. There are slight hardware changes between the 2 versions, well a resistor actually... So talk to your reseller..

• Thumbs Up 1

i have clevo p770zm-970m gsync, currently im only on sshd, im planning to upgrade to samsung m.s pcie ssd p950 pro, but it uses NVMe which default clevo bios of mine which have no NVMe features.. can prema mod for p770zm-gsync can have NVMe seeting? :( tq so much

i have clevo p770zm-970m gsync, currently im only on sshd, im planning to upgrade to samsung m.s pcie ssd p950 pro, but it uses NVMe which default clevo bios of mine which have no NVMe features.. can prema mod for p770zm-gsync can have NVMe seeting? :( tq so much

My ZM Mods all have NVMe support. ;)

Thanks for answer.

The HWID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_77031558

I found already a modded Driver (inf file modded) and could install the Driver in win10 (disabling driver signing).

No problems have been detected yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16354[/ATTACH]

2 Questions:

With a modded vBios for the GTX970m it is possible to use the nvidia Drivers out of the box?

Is it also necessary to update the Bios of the Mainboard?

That's the correct HWID, just wait for NVIDIAs next driver release. They may just have been too slow integrating it this time...

@ prema, tq..will try flashing prema mod bios :) will get full x4 pcie lane speed right by using NVMe .. :65:

sorry noob question.. at 2nd page whats ME firmware for?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Hi, the current bios Prema supports gtx 980 in clevo P170SM ?</pre>

Yes it does, I have a 970M installed on mine.

if i flash the prema mod bios.. thus i need to reinstall windows? im using windows 10 pro 64bit

if i flash the prema mod bios.. thus i need to reinstall windows? im using windows 10 pro 64bit

You might need to reinstall GPU drivers at worst but no you don't need to reinstall Windows ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it does, I have a 970M installed on mine.

the Amazon has several kits with the gtx 970 , what should I buy? it has none to the clevo p170SM

Thanks for help!