EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Prema

[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Save opens a profile save dialog box where I can save the current settings into a profile file: (and I cannot override default)

post-35238-14494999838067_thumb.jpg

Nobody can override the default, that's the hardware default.

What you want is to change the "at boot" values.

Try to use an older XTU version...

EDIT: Actually if you are using Windows in UEFI mode it prevents these settings from being permanently written to BIOS.

You need to install Windows in Legacy mode in order for XTU changes to be 'permanently' in BIOS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually if you are using Windows in UEFI mode it prevents these settings from being permanently written to BIOS.

You need to install Windows in Legacy mode in order for XTU changes to be 'permanently' in BIOS.

Good to know that. I'm not ready to reinstall windows however so I'll just live with it. :ambivalence:

Try to use an older XTU version...

EDIT: Actually if you are using Windows in UEFI mode it prevents these settings from being permanently written to BIOS.

What? My XTU settings have always been permanent unless the system goes unstable and crashes and I have used UEFI the whole time. Never had an issue with it sticking, even without changing 8.1's default boot and shutdown behavior. My understanding is that XTU interfaces directly with the Intel management interface. Unless that's a secure boot issue? I don't use secure boot for obvious reasons.

@Ethrem your system comes with an XTU BIOS interface which works a s a proxy for the NVRAM. P6 and W-series don't have that and XTU seems unable to reach NVRAM unless Legacy mode is used.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I can only test on W230SS, where XTU settings didn't stick either unless XTU was started again.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Ethrem your system comes with an XTU BIOS interface which works a s a proxy for the NVRAM. P6 and W-series don't have that and XTU seems unable to reach NVRAM unless Legacy mode is used.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I can only test on W230SS, where XTU settings didn't stick either unless XTU was started again.

That's crappy of them to take that away. Does your BIOS have voltage offset settings on those machines at least? It would get annoying having to load a profile every time I booted the machine.

Nope, BIOS voltage control is only in SM-A & ZM systems...I'll have to play with BET one day and see what is possible to add...

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, BIOS voltage control is only in SM-A & ZM systems...I'll have to play with BET one day and see what is possible to add...

That's crazy. I guess we have to get desktop CPUs now if we want an enthusiast machine... Well as long as overclocking the video card is still possible... Otherwise enthusiast laptops are gone after the SM-A and ZM. Sad day...

That's crazy. I guess we have to get desktop CPUs now if we want an enthusiast machine... Well as long as overclocking the video card is still possible... Otherwise enthusiast laptops are gone after the SM-A and ZM. Sad day...

Intel won't offer mobile LGA chips for the foreseeable future. But no worries Clevo won't pull an Alienware.

They will continue to offer slim mobile BGA with the P6 series and their refresh.

But at the same time they will follow Intel's desktop CPU upgrade path and continue to offer LGA chips and MXM GPUs in ZM and future models.

Hello,

I have Clevo P150SM-A Barebone laptop,

I want to change my fan speed on HWinfo64 ,but I can't .Because, my computer not allow this.

This guy can change fan speed own laptop in this video ;

How to change fan speed my laptop ?

I can change my fan speed on hotkey program. But Hotkey has limited feature.

I want to change fan speed like this;

CPU,

30-40 C : 1800 Rpm

40-45 C : 2000 Rpm

45-50 C : 2200 Rpm

50-60 C : 2400 Rpm

60-70 C : 2700 Rpm

70-75 C : 2900 Rpm

75-80 C : 3100 Rpm

80-85 C : 3300 Rpm

85-90 C : 3500 Rpm

GPU,

30-40 C : 1800 Rpm

My laptop's fan characteristic is so bad, When i use in idle , laptop works so noisy, sometimes fans are closed for 1-2 minute.

Please help me, what should i do ?

Prema: In MSI AB I currently don't have voltage control or fan control. I figure flashing with the OC 1.1 BIOS will give me access to the voltage. But will it give me access to fan control also? Or is this centrally controlled along with the CPU fan on my X8?

Forgive the noob question but I am new to high power Notebooks

Prema: In MSI AB I currently don't have voltage control or fan control. I figure flashing with the OC 1.1 BIOS will give me access to the voltage. But will it give me access to fan control also? Or is this centrally controlled along with the CPU fan on my X8?

Forgive the noob question but I am new to high power Notebooks

It'll give voltage and temperature control, but not with MSI Afterburner.

We have to use either NVIDIA Inspector or EVGA Precision.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll give voltage and temperature control, but not with MSI Afterburner.

We have to use either NVIDIA Inspector or EVGA Precision.

Thanks!

Hi guys i have a sager 9380-s. CPU-Z says its model #P370SM3 it has a 780m in it right now. Is it able to be upgraded to a 980m or 970m? I dont see in post number #3 my model listed. Was going to buy another 780m to SLI with but i think it makes more sense to just sell the one i have and grab a 980M/970M instead. But before i go and do that i just want to make sure it can be done.

I saw this site sells them Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder but my model isnt listed there either. So im kind of confused. Thanks

Latest bios for P1xxSM-A (B03.11) that was hinted by prema earlier is out. Poor prema since Clevo just pumps out new bios'es for the P series right now. I do hope you will find the time to mod the **** out of the bios. All the best!

I have p157sma ,I flash the stock bios ,P15xSM-A_39_38_Stock . may I flash P15xSMA_33_35_PM_v1.rar ?

Yep.

Hi guys i have a sager 9380-s. CPU-Z says its model #P370SM3 it has a 780m in it right now. Is it able to be upgraded to a 980m or 970m? I dont see in post number #3 my model listed. Was going to buy another 780m to SLI with but i think it makes more sense to just sell the one i have and grab a 980M/970M instead. But before i go and do that i just want to make sure it can be done.

I saw this site sells them Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder but my model isnt listed there either. So im kind of confused. Thanks

Flash P370SM (non 3) Mod and you can nativley use the GTX9 cards (minus internal 3D).

Latest bios for P1xxSM-A (B03.11) that was hinted by prema earlier is out. Poor prema since Clevo just pumps out new bios'es for the P series right now. I do hope you will find the time to mod the **** out of the bios. All the best!

In OP, with fancy new option to disable GPU-OC (LOL)...probably Clevo's last official P1xxSM-A BIOS as this is now EOL...

• Thumbs Up 1

In OP, with fancy new option to disable GPU-OC (LOL)...probably Clevo's last official P1xxSM-A BIOS as this is now EOL...

Ahh so that was the meaning of "2. Add NV GPS control." in change log. I saw the new option in BIOS saying something about scaling option, thought it was for better scaling for Hi res screens... Thank you for your knowledge...

GPS = GPU Performance Scaling = option to disable GPU core slider

(with clock blocked vBIOS enabling it apparently also won't bring back OC...so yeah...useless unless someone wants to block overclocking himself:p )

Even better Sager left it disabled AND removed the option to re-enable it.

So no more GPU OC on Sager versions...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep.

Flash P370SM (non 3) Mod and you can nativley use the GTX9 cards (minus internal 3D).

Okay thank you for the response, ive been reading this thread for like 2 hours now trying to make sure. That mod also works if i went SLI 970/980m's to right? is the procedure the same or do i have to do a extra step? Im not 100% sure if i just want to grab one 980m or go SLI 970m's yet. Also is the 780m 120hz SLI bug fixed if i went with 970m SLI? Thank you.

Yes, no problem with GTX9, will just not show its name in BIOS, but that has no impact on functionality.

GTX780M 120Hz bug is in vBIOS not system BIOS. ;)

Is there a vBIOS mod that works for the P651S with a 3GB GTX 970m ? Can someone please link to it then? I would like to get the GPU up to about 1500MHz. The cooling should be very sufficient on this machine. Only thing that might be lacking is the PSU, so might have to undervolt the I7 4710HQ

Yes, no problem with GTX9, will just not show its name in BIOS, but that has no impact on functionality.

GTX780M 120Hz bug is in vBIOS not system BIOS. ;)

Okay thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Idk if you would know this or maybe someone else who has done the upgrade would. But can i just use the original heatsink thats already in my latop. On this page, Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder it lets you select your laptop model to get a heat sink but p370sm isnt even one of the options. As far as i know the P377SM-A is the newer model of mine so is that the one i should buy. I think it just comes with a bracket. This is the first gaming laptop ive ever owned and never went about upgrading anything so i just want to make sure im getting the right one before i spend the cash.