[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Unfortunately, the hotkey reinstall didn't work and the xotic pc "technicians" that are supposed to give me an answer withing 1-2days, simply wrote me an email two days later saying "try fn+f10" when I had told the technician on duty had already explained that I had done everything that I listed earlier. I'm very unhappy right now with them and am about to send this thing back even though I had waited for it since 3/6/15. With modifications. it is a $3,600 laptop.

Yeah it happens...I also had a broken webcam on my W110ER when it first turned up, but on my request they simply send me another webcam and cable and I fixed it myself.

When I purchase a system I simply need the company to play well with that DIY attitude.

Also had a problem with my W230SS screen (bought from another company while being in Europe) and it was a nightmare to get them to trust my multimeter and expertise and simply cross ship a screen instead of sending the whole unit to another continent just for simple repairs. ;)

P750ZM can not overclocking?

Of course you can overclock with that system, but afaik only if you have an unlocked K model CPU.

Yeah it happens...I also had a broken webcam on my W110ER when it first turned up, but on my request they simply send me another webcam and cable and I fixed it myself.

When I purchase a system I simply need the company to play well with that DIY attitude.

Also had a problem with my W230SS screen (bought from another company while being in Europe) and it was a nightmare to get them to trust my multimeter and expertise and simply cross ship a screen instead of sending the whole unit to another continent just for simple repairs. ;)

Thanks for getting back to me Prema. Xotic said that they were going to get with Sager and see if there was a schematic that would look like an easy fix for me to do as the cable might have come loose during shipping. If it's a big fix, then I'll have to send it back.

Also, on the other note, is there a place that I'm missing where I can find out what all of the tweaks your bios does, so I can figure out the best configuration for my system? I can't seem to find the right place to look. BTW, I have a Sager NP8672 if that matters. :)

Thanks!

@Felony you can download the service manual from the other sticky and check out the connector position.

@ALL Prema Mod vBIOS for GTX980M/GTX970M updated to v1.1 and now in the OP.

Changelog:

- Thermal slider adjusted and throttle target upped to 92c (to make better use of Clevos FAN curve which only kicks to 100% between 86-90c).

- OC slider max raised to +810 as apparently some user hit a wall with their cards at 1560Mhz...LOL

- NVFLASH updated

ENJOY! :)

BTW: Now also testing GTX8-series in EM, thx for your patience everyone!

EDIT: GTX970M v1.1 Mod after I had my coffee! ;)

EDIT2: GTX970M v1.1 now also in the OP!

EDIT3: I still haven't found a single MXM GTX965M user to test the Mod... :45:

ENJOY! :)

- OC slider max raised to +810 as apparently some people hit a wall with their cards at 1560Mhz...LOL

This is just insane! Where are these people? I want to see benchmarks! :)

EDIT3: I still haven't found a single MXM GTX965M user to test the Mod... :45:

Not much of a surprise, considering its abysmal price-performance ratio. ;)

I've just received my P750ZM (Reseller Prostar) and am jazzed to flash the VBIOS from Prem. on the 980m. Latest recommendations on average over clock settings to use?

Do we have any idea what planned upgrade paths we might have when eventually taking advantage of the MXM architecture with the 980M?

Prema,

I'm going to have to revert to stock bios since I need to send the laptop back tomorrow for my webcam issue. Is there any way I can download the stock bios for my computer so they don't void my warranty for something they messed up in the first place?

Thanks!

Prema,

I'm going to have to revert to stock bios since I need to send the laptop back tomorrow for my webcam issue. Is there any way I can download the stock bios for my computer so they don't void my warranty for something they messed up in the first place?

Thanks!

It's right here in the OP:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock.html#post54054

im in test 970m gtx 1.1 (clevo)

My original bios for my 970M GTX is 84.04.22.00.11

Prema share stock is 84.04.2F.00.7A and i have installed this and when bench 3d go to volt 1.0370V

Now i have installed prema 970M GTX OC Version 1.1 but surprise, is the mod for a old bios?

Bench and voltage go 1.0V

Little confused !!!! :)

I think that if clevo go out latest bios and ec, prema mod this for P150SM-A and i go to benchmark seriusly :)

The Mod uses stock GTX970M voltage which is 0.993v...

If stock version 7A gave you more than version 11, than that versions ASIC interpreter is acting up...that's all.

should i need to upgrade P177SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar??

now its 1.03.04PMv2

Same thing. ;)

Hi all, since I am waiting for my P150SM-A i would like to ask whether it is possible to disable the stock intel GPU with this mod? Since bumblebee on linux is not working that great, I would like to avoid the issues with switching between the gpu and run only on the 970..

Hi all, since I am waiting for my P150SM-A i would like to ask whether it is possible to disable the stock intel GPU with this mod? Since bumblebee on linux is not working that great, I would like to avoid the issues with switching between the gpu and run only on the 970..

As far as I know that's just not possible because all the video output of your notebook goes through the IGP, so you can not disable it otherwise you will simply get no video output whatsoever.

I have a 970m on 150em how do I insta the new 350.12 driver right now only 347.xx and 345.2 worked by changing the .inf file, but for 350.12 changing inf files only showed black screen.

Yes, only Clevo AMD cards work, no matter what vBIOS...spaced that sorry!

Hi Prema.

First of all, thanks a lot really for your continuous work on modded version of CLEVO Bios!!!

I am an ower of a barebone of CLEVO P150EM (precisely a "SANTECH N77"), with Intel Core 3720QM and AMD 7970M, with stock bios version, take directly by the "Santech" vendor ( http://www.santech.it/BIOS/N77/N77_B2.14+EC2.11.zip )

I would like to know just two things:

- What is the version of your modded bios best for my laptop? K1 Edition V2 or V2 2T version? What are the differences?

- With you latest bios, can i upgrade my notebook with a NVIDIA 970M 6GB without any problem?

Thanks a lot!!! :playful:

I guess you thank me for reporting a successful flashing. But I don't deserve to be thanked for that Prema. You're the only one who deserves it ;)

Anyway, I'm about to sell my old P170EM to my brother (Clevo P170EM, i7-3840QM, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, GTX 680M, SSD Crucial mSATA M4 256Gb, 2x HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1Tb 7200rpm, Samsung SN-506 Bluray writer, WiFi Intel 6235) to my brother. But before that, I want to flash it with your mod. But I'm a little confused about which one I have to choose : when I have my hands on the keyboard, the Windows key is under my left hand, so I guess I have to choose the alternative keyboard version. But what is the difference between v2 and v2 2T version ? There's nothing in the changelog about it, neither in the readme.txt files included in the archives. Thanks a lot to anyone who can explain this to a noob with your mods :D

I guess you thank me for reporting a successful flashing. But I don't deserve to be thanked for that Prema. You're the only one who deserves it ;)

Anyway, I'm about to sell my old P170EM to my brother (Clevo P170EM, i7-3840QM, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, GTX 680M, SSD Crucial mSATA M4 256Gb, 2x HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1Tb 7200rpm, Samsung SN-506 Bluray writer, WiFi Intel 6235) to my brother. But before that, I want to flash it with your mod. But I'm a little confused about which one I have to choose : when I have my hands on the keyboard, the Windows key is under my left hand, so I guess I have to choose the alternative keyboard version. But what is the difference between v2 and v2 2T version ? There's nothing in the changelog about it, neither in the readme.txt files included in the archives. Thanks a lot to anyone who can explain this to a noob with your mods :D

The V2 has the Ram timing set at T1 which makes the machine a bit snappier . The V2 2T has the Ram timing set at T2 which is for machines that are unstable at the T1 memory timings or your trying to run memory above 1600mhz (XTU).

Best to flash the V2 and test, if you have no random crashes or other memory issues, your done. If you have issues just flash the T2.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Prema: Updated my P377SM-A and now my keyboard won't light up with Hotkey 3.07.18a... any ideas? In clevo's site it says there is a new version: 3.10.23 but i can't find it anywhere... and their links all point to 3.07.18a. Any tips? Now my keyboard is all dark :(

Edit:

Retrying to flash the latest bios/ec from your site @Prema

and i got stuck in this screen:

http://imgur.com/m5h5di5

Fortunatly i was able to force it to shutdown (pressing the power button) and it booted to windows normally afterwards (after getting into the bios and setting everything back to normal again).

But i think the EC2 is screwed somehow... tried again and the same happens... It gives an error in EC2 (version mismatch) and asks if i wanna continue... the first time i said "y" and the second i didn't get the risk and pressed "n",_

Got back to windows but my keyboard lights are all dark...

@Prema: Updated my P377SM-A and now my keyboard won't light up with Hotkey 3.07.18a... any ideas? In clevo's site it says there is a new version: 3.10.23 but i can't find it anywhere... and their links all point to 3.07.18a. Any tips? Now my keyboard is all dark :(

Edit:

Retrying to flash the latest bios/ec from your site @Prema

and i got stuck in this screen:

Imgur

Fortunatly i was able to force it to shutdown (pressing the power button) and it booted to windows normally afterwards (after getting into the bios and setting everything back to normal again).

But i think the EC2 is screwed somehow... tried again and the same happens... It gives an error in EC2 (version mismatch) and asks if i wanna continue... the first time i said "y" and the second i didn't get the risk and pressed "n",_

Got back to windows but my keyboard lights are all dark...

Mismatch is normal if your system is still on an old factory EC2 version (Clevo uses the same EC2 for P370SM-A, P375SM-A & P377SM-A).

Some board revisions where also shipped entirely without EC2 in which case it'll also get stuck there, which is also normal.

From the looks of your screenshot, there is no mismatch though...instead there is no current EC2 version...

BUT, EC2 doesn't control the Keyboard lights that's done by by EC1 along with the HotKeyApp

Is this linking to the wrong HotKeyApp (should be 3.10.23)?

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest EC needs latest HotKeyApp, so that will fix your backlight issue.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic