[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

If you care about memory performance find some old M471B5273DH0 sticks. You can expect CL9 2133 or CL11 2400, maybe even CL10 2400.

These sticks have a measly 1600Mhz or 1333 MHz stock clock, but they overclock the best of any memory ever made for laptops. In the part number the CK0 or CH9 at the end does not matter, but the part number must have DH0, not CH0.

Which brand would you recommend looking at? Currently have Kingson

See the post I quoted above. They're cheap too. If I didn't have 32GB I'd pick them up but I don't want to downgrade to 16GB.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

P6xxSE_34_34_PM_v1.rar found a problem in P670SE

Goes to sleep and then wake up, the keyboard will be completely unable to action

Update Clevo Hot Key App.

You can also update to new EC buy using stock update and only type "x" and confirm with enter.

So, I have a P150EMx with

Bios 1.00.03a

KBC/EB 1.00.03

Do I have to upgrade to 1.00.04 before upgrading to anything else?

Yes, please update to v1.00.04 first:

https://mega.co.nz/#!KYkhHKLI!trrqqobGqlmbldKLsQgxeppFyt3cPwi_Jz-VruwyEdM

@Prema, this vbios can't be undervolted? Every time I try with Inspector, it resets but it will let me overvolt. I'm having temperature issues with Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. Throttles to 810MHz once it hits 88C and that's just during the benchmark. I was hoping to undervolt and see if I can have lower temps.

Thin notebooks will do that for that game. You should turn AA all the way down to the lowest settings. It doesn't help anyways (game is still super jaggy). You may want to reduce ppl in the environment too. You can try setting the max temp limit to just 87c as well.

My notebook isn't exactly thin though. I locked framerate at 60 with little drop in temp, turning SSAA to medium instead of high the fans don't even kick on... 74/69 right now with the fans on their first tier (which is dead silent). Still, I'd like to be able to undervolt because these cards can run at 1v, some run with even less.

So the real problem actually lies within the EC firmware right? The plan should be like this then: Get a nice and strong PSU like your 300W Dell and ask a skilled programmer (like Svet in MSI Forum) to raise the Wattage limit / Hybrid power trigger limit and flash it? :confused:

So the real problem actually lies within the EC firmware right? The plan should be like this then: Get a nice and strong PSU like your 300W Dell and ask a skilled programmer (like Svet in MSI Forum) to raise the Wattage limit / Hybrid power trigger limit and flash it? :confused:

If you are talking about an MSI System, then maybe so. I usually don't look at those...Clevos work perfectly fine.

@ALL Prema Mod v1 for P75xZM & P77xZM released and now in the OP.

ENJOY! :)

There is an override by NVIDIA in Maxwell vBIOS to block an on the fly undervolt. Will see to unlock it for the next version.

Man nVidia really made a mess of Maxwell for us modders. :(

Thanks Prema!

That! ;)

Thanks! :)

Now for my other question, to unlock my p157sm to work with the 980m.Which vbios should I flash?

My firmwares are currently

Bios ver: 1.00.07RL51

EC: 1.00.05

ME: 9.0.2.1345

Hi Prema, can you check the P770zm bios posted here:

P770ZM

It mentions support for the LP173WF4 IPS panel being added. Is it possible to modify the P377sm-a bios with this code?

Maybe, but porting that may also cause a brick... ;)

@ALL

I feel that it is the time of the year again for all of us to remember why we like Clevo so much:

Brother Kyle:

Right now I have managed to get the LP173WF4-SPF1 working with brightness control sliders in windows power and the Clevo control panel but the hotkey FN+F8/F9 do not work. Just need this final piece of the puzzle to have a 100% functional screen. Wonder if Clevo have added this specific panel support to any of their other models?

I think its the time of the year again to all remember why we like Clevo so much:

So funny, why does Kyle look like someone with an injection needle is standing off-camera, one wrong word and away he goes. haha.

I do like the focus though :D.

Well, he was never spotted again AFAIK... :D

I would totally make that guy the Mascot.

Just imagine him in in video spots. He walks into a huge Benchmarking Tournament with the "Kyle Style" on his face, glowing in the dark Alienheads on systems all around. He sets up his Clevo Notebook, while shaking all over with excitement, just to be on stage the next moment and awarded the gold medal, still giving us the "Kyle Style". :D

I need to flash the VBIOS on a 670M to an older version because my Sager does not recognize it, and I need to use someone else's laptop to do it.

Does the computer flashing the VBIOS need to be a Sager also, or can I flash it with any Clevo (MSI, Alienware, etc.)?

Also, is there anyone in Maryland in the United States that would help me out with this? :-D

Or are there any companies that will flash a VBIOS?

Thanks!

Well, he was never spotted again AFAIK... :D

I would totally make that guy the Mascot.

Just imagine him in in video spots. He walks into a huge Benchmarking Tournament with the "Kyle Style" on his face, glowing in the dark Alienheads on systems all around. He sets up his Clevo Notebook, while shaking all over with excitement, just to be on stage the next moment and awarded the gold medal, still giving us the "Kyle Style". :D

I think you might be right there. He is certainly better than those vacuous, animated, plastic presenters AW use.

More Kyle please, 'Kyle style' I like that!

I need to flash the VBIOS on a 670M to an older version because my Sager does not recognize it, and I need to use someone else's laptop to do it.

Does the computer flashing the VBIOS need to be a Sager also, or can I flash it with any Clevo (MSI, Alienware, etc.)?

Also, is there anyone in Maryland in the United States that would help me out with this? :-D

Or are there any companies that will flash a VBIOS?

Thanks!

Your best bet is to find someone with an Alienware machine willing to do it. I had to pull my 880M cards out and flash them in my M17xR1 a good four or five times. For some reason, Clevo machines have issues with svl7s vbios mods and will soft brick, especially if you are not in UEFI mode.

An alternative is replacing the vbios chip, you can generally find them on eBay.

Depending on your reseller, they may flash the card for you but they'd likely charge you for the service and void you warranty if you aren't already out of warranty. I'd use this step as a last resort.

You could try calling some local laptop repair places and see if they can do it for you as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic