[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I would suggest to get someone to dump the whole chip for you from an identical working model in pure DOS via fpt and flash it to your system with the same software.

The version of fpt you provided doesn't work with my laptop(South Bridge: Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55), I'm looking for a comptabile version before I ask anyone to dump their chip for me.

I can't find anywhere a version of FPT compatible with my laptop w870cu, does anyone have a link to it ?

post-12356-14494994999178_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to mod the fan table? On P151EM in particular?

Its that CPU fan that bothers me a bit - it has quite high minimum speed (its more like medium speed), and in idle it often switches on-off. Because at min speed CPU still cools too much, then fan switches off - but CPU can't cool passively, so in a while switches on again - annoying.

It would be great if its possible to disable CPU fan switch off, but tweak min rotation speed to be much lower (at very low speed fan should be almost unaudible). It should be a lot less annoying if fan speed stays in constant very low speed than current "complete off"-"medium speed" cycling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great, thanks for that!

My other question would be about this message I got during some energy efficiency check.

There is a problem with the number of processors defined as members of a processor performance or throttle state domain. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.

Domain ID 0

Expected Member Count 8

Actual Member Count 4

Is this something with the BIOS, or is it something I've done in Windows? Also, what are good idle temperatures for an i7-3630QM? Right now, it's around 50 degrees celsius.

Both version windows and dos don't work, I keep getting the same message as before .

I flashed Sager bios in despair, the only behavior change I noticed is that the Cpu fan spins at boot and then turns off after some seconds.

Select "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" in save & exit BIOS section...

So to confirm this works correctly now? With the Sager v14 bios I wasn't able to install Windows 7 under UEFI mode no matter what I tried. With the custom bios this is allowed now?

So to confirm this works correctly now? With the Sager v14 bios I wasn't able to install Windows 7 under UEFI mode no matter what I tried. With the custom bios this is allowed now?

That's the theory, can't test as I don't own these systems...if it doesn't work PM me and we'll make it work. ;)

Great, thanks for that!

My other question would be about this message I got during some energy efficiency check.

There is a problem with the number of processors defined as members of a processor performance or throttle state domain. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.

Domain ID 0

Expected Member Count 8

Actual Member Count 4

Is this something with the BIOS, or is it something I've done in Windows? Also, what are good idle temperatures for an i7-3630QM? Right now, it's around 50 degrees celsius.

Not sure what good idle temps are for your specific CPU, but I've got the i7-3840QM and I idle 34-42C. Pretty hard for me to get my computer to just flat out do nothing long enough to see what it would just sit at, but that's the range it generally sits around in. The range for my mins is actually 32-38C, so it might actually idle somewhere around there if it would just sit there and not do anything. It's overclocked as well, but it's a pretty mild overclock. It'll go 27-36C with the fans actually running.

Not sure what good idle temps are for your specific CPU, but I've got the i7-3840QM and I idle 34-42C. Pretty hard for me to get my computer to just flat out do nothing long enough to see what it would just sit at, but that's the range it generally sits around in. The range for my mins is actually 32-38C, so it might actually idle somewhere around there if it would just sit there and not do anything. It's overclocked as well, but it's a pretty mild overclock. It'll go 27-36C with the fans actually running.

Your idle temps are lower than my room temp...it's 45c in the shade outside...LOL

Your idle temps are lower than my room temp...it's 45c in the shade outside...LOL

Holy crap. I couldn't be your neighbor man. I like it gooood and frosty. When it gets past around 24C, I loathe going outside lol.

this may seem stupid,but I never had to update both bios and firmware before...at least not in two separate flashing's.

so I already updated the bios to 1.0.4 .if i understand correctly ,I need to update the firmware too?

with this file ME_8.1.30.1350.zip ?

OK.is this compatible with p370em3?

what exactly does the firmware contains?

sorry for the dumb question,I'm new to Clevos.

Holy crap. I couldn't be your neighbor man. I like it gooood and frosty. When it gets past around 24C, I loathe going outside lol.

I am telling you, during the day the ACs can barely keep it below 30c... :sweat:

this may seem stupid,but I never had to update both bios and firmware before...at least not in two separate flashing's.

so I already updated the bios to 1.0.4 .if i understand correctly ,I need to update the firmware too?

with this file ME_8.1.30.1350.zip ?

OK.is this compatible with p370em3?

what exactly does the firmware contains?

sorry for the dumb question,I'm new to Clevos.

The ME firmware is an essential part of Ivy Bridge which regulates power states and voltages of CPU and the whole board. It's compatible with all Clevos in this thread.

Hi Prema, first of all i would like to congrats your job!

I using a P170em with 1.02.17 bios, using windows 8 on UEFI, can i upgrage to your bios with no problems?

tks!

Just an FYI you are however unable to use svl7's 80.04.33.00.10 BIOSes if you have a 680m. They don't work well with secure boot.

Just an FYI you are however unable to use svl7's 80.04.33.00.10 BIOSes if you have a 680m. They don't work well with secure boot.

I´m using a 680m, but not the secure boot... only UEFI boot.. no problem than?

Sure just flash ahead & ENJOY! :)

2T is for fasters DDR3 in system? for regular DDR3 1600mhz stick with 1t version?

And can i restore original bios in case of using Clevo guarantee?

Tks!

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic