[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema, can I flash the stock GTX765M vbios to my W230ST with your v2 bios?

I'm currently using the v2 bios and your modified GTX765M vbios but it's giving me artifacts and it bothers me so I'd like to fix that.

Sure you can, just don't see that fixing the artifacts as the mod uses stock values unless we change them manually with NVIDIA Inspector etc...

Sure you can, just don't see that fixing the artifacts as the mod uses stock values unless we change them manually with NVIDIA Inspector etc...

If you don't see it then tell me what in your opinion will fix artifacts everytime my card is being bogged down(Perfcap) by thermal and causes screen flickering plus artifacting?

Turning off turbo on the i7 reduced the thermal output on the i7 and lowered these issues, but still that is not a solution...

Repaste the GPU, undervolt, use FN+1, naturally whatever keeps the card cooler. You could also try to use another driver.

All of those done. Stock vBios it is. If it fixes my issue I'll leave it here.

Got the answer I was looking for I'll find the solution and post it here afterwards.

Thanks

Stock vBIOS is right in the OP as part of the stock BIOS package.

Btw Prema, I'm not blaming your work nor saying that your changes have caused this, wouldn't dare to do so, just asked cause I didn't want to brick the laptop flashing the vbios without flashing the bios.

I'm just trying to troubleshoot it and the only way I know how to do so is to revert back to stock config and if no solution is found RMA. Which will require me to go back to stock bios/vbios anyway.

This computer has run since day one with your Bios, was the 1st thing I did when I opened it up and it worked without issues and a few months ago these started happening till I found what that it was perfcapreason. Now it is bothering me cause everytime it hits anything besides util it gives me artifacts, the most common is the temp limit though.

Then Prema Mod Bios v.4 support GTX 980M ?

GTX980M & GTX970M work in P570WM! :)

@Prema will you update your mod to P377SM-A with BIOS 1.03.04 and EC 1.03.05? Also in a side note can you tell me what is the changelog for it? Thanks my friend

They already have even newer BIOS...so <<< NO ETA™ >>> on the mod...

Changelog v4 BIOS v5 EC: Support N16E-GX/GT VGA Card.

Prema Sorry, just a quick question, does this upgrade will be fine for my Clevo model P170SM?

I meant, is it the correct model to buy?

Just wanted to make sure before spend so much money...

Clevo P1xSMA/P37xSMA; VGA Upgrade Kit; NVIDIA GTX 970M; 6GB DDR5; MXM 3.0b; 75W | eBay

Can't wait to try it with your BIOS!!! :D

Also, does the latest P170SM mod work already?

Thank you so much for your work!

Hello Everyone,

After a year of testing on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, I can confirm that it break the gaming performance and experience on both Nvidia optimus and AMD Enduro.

I tried on three differents Laptop P170EM (i7-3740MQ + AMD 7970M), P170SMA (i7-4910MQ + Nvidia GTX 880M), (MSI i3-3110M + Nvidia 640M).

For exemple Guild Wars 2, on Windows 8 and 8.1, the FPS and GPU usage is heavely fluctuacting the game is not stable ( I tried different driver set and all kind of configuration).

I went back to Windows 7 on the P170SMA, and now everyhting works fine, Guild Wars 2 on max settings is rock stable a 60 FPS all the time even in town!!!!.

Normally Windows 8 and 8.1 should bring a better support for the dual graphic card system, this is nothing but bullshit!!.

After one year of trouble to play and use my laptop correctly I can confirm that player using their Laptop should tsay away from Windows 8 and 8.1.

@Prema,

is it possible to implement the CSM support too choose which component should run with UEFI or legacy rom on the P170EM, There is a bug in the clevo bios whenever I use the non UEFI Bios and install Windows 7, I get blue screen with all the Intel AHCI driver I tested.

If I used the UEFI Bios, I can see windows 7 Installation loading, but then as the GPU Bios is in UEFI I cannot see the installation screen to choose the drive and being the installation (blind Installation).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

N3ST

• Thumbs Up 2

As a follow up on what I said earlier.

I found out that it was the CPU causing the visual artifacts.

Huh you say?

Well let me explain... When the CPU hits its thermal limit it starts to throttle, info is sent to the GPU that the CPU is on its limits for the GPU to throttle too and even though I used Intel Extreme Tuning to set the voltage to -80 it still wasn't enough.

My temporary fix to that was to disable turbo, but still was too hot. The GPU was at 80ºC while the CPU was pegged at 95ºC, this was odd.

So I decided to take a day off and open the underbelly of my laptop, pop a drive and start testing with a new OS and defaulted everything.

Temps were different, Heaven run ended up with the GPU being in Turbo full time plus CPU also in turbo all the time with no throttling. What?

Ok software is causing issues somewhere, loaded up the windows 8 msata ssd's and loaded windows. 95/80 ºC.

Any idea if Clevo is gonna update the W230S* with a newer model carrying GTX9x0M GPU's?

Okay, uninstalled Intel Extreme Tuning and Nvidia Inspector. Gave a good sweep for OS errors and downloaded an updated version of both. Undervolted and now its good.

80Cº CPU and 65Cº GPU now. Finally it works as it should.

I am on the fence about doing this BIOS mod. I have a P157SM Special Edition with 2 mSATA SSDs in RAID 0 along with a 1TB 7200 rpm drive. Would the flash break the RAID setup? What kind of performance increase should I expect from the 4700 cpu, 780m video card and the 32GB RAM? I know that you can reflash the BIOS to factory stock easily but is it possible to brick a laptop because a failed flash?

I cannot afford to go without my laptop for long. I do have a 3 year extended warranty from Sager but I am afraid it would take weeks to fix it.

Should I try the mod or not? What are your thoughts?

u wont get any performance increase just by flashing the bios mod, since it retains the stock bios options out of the box. ull have to manually tune settings such as ocing the cpu and ram, thats what its basically for :) aside from that it includes stuff like updates for the ME firmware, cpu microcodes and such. check the changelog for ur respective prema mod and ull see what kinda stuff ull actually get ;)

My biggest fear is losing the striping settings of the RAID. The reason it is a fear is because of how long it takes to get my system back to where I need it. My next fear is bricking the system. It is just a PITA (pain in the ...) because I am in college right now and need to have my system running as much as possible. I know about OC'ing and such but haven't tried it since my Athlon days.

Hello guys,

i have a clevo W370ET laptop.i was running the 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013) which i found here W35xET/W37xET Series which is an official clevo bios if i understand correctly. I was running this version just fine.

However recently i found about premabios mods, and i thought i'd give that a try. So i installed the latest premamod version for my W370ET and specifically this one: Prema Mod v3 W370ET/NP6370 which can be found here: W370ET/NP6370 | Prema Mod.

With this version i have a problem. The laptop fun is always on, and this is disturbing me. I would like to put again the version 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013).

Is that possible?

I am asking because premamod says that one should NOT downgrade, or his computer will be bricked.

Also in the premamod forum there are stock bios for my model i.e. W370ETx BIOS 21 & EC 13 (STOCK BIOS & EC | Prema Mod) but i havent tested that.

So my question is, can i put again the 1.02.22 version(08/19/2013) from here W35xET/W37xET Series ? or will i brick the system?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Panos

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic