[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

You bricked the ME and are actually lucky, a newer system would no longer boot. The old ones still boot without ME but don't work properly as you can see.

Don't use dumps to update the ME they are not clean.

Yes, I am aware that 6-series can survive with a "broken/bricked" ME so I was not worried too much while testing this. That's not the case with 7-series and up though. Unfortunately the only 6 series FITC is buggy so on such systems embedding the ME inside the bios will never be doable. It's ok though, the DOS version of FWUpdLcl + ME update 1.3MB file is a lot safer + keeps settings + does not require MESET nor the dangerous & scary (xbeguiled.png.pagespeed.ic.dkpHKUow8I.png) FPT flasher. I'll stick to that.

For more ME experiments I can go to my Z77 Dual Bios desktop which should be ok no matter what I do while learning. Thanks for the reply Prema, my mod is pretty much ready now.

I suppose you don't happen to have a v7 DOS FWUpdLcl tool after 7.1.20, do you?

EDIT: Oh, can you please also fix the title from Wndows to Windows? Apparently only a mod can do that.

Hey Prema!

Been running your BIOS on W650SJ since this morning and it's been awesome so far!

I've searched the thread and saw you mentioning that "Charging is controlled by the EC, which I will no longer touch as the last one bricked my board".

However, seeing it's been almost one year since that, I'll dare ask again ;)

I'd really love something like what Samsung did : a BIOS setting to limit the charge of the battery to X% (in their case, 80%). Another setting like "Start charging at X%" would be cool too.

If you're not comfortable adding this to your BIOS, do you know where I should look or who could help me out?

Thanks =D

Hi Prema,

i've tested the new bios mod for W370SS. Everything works fine but is it possible that two settings were interchanged: "Turbo Boost Power Max" is "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" and vice versa?

Is it possible to protect the bios with a password? Only a startup/boot password works but not a bios password?

thx

freefire

Hello , I have a big problem .

I have a clevo 150em , my bios is :

BIOS : 1.02.17

KBC/EC : 1.02.11

I don´t have any UEFI options , any boot options / orden neither .

The computer starts with the windows 8 logo

In the bios I have only one boot option to start ( OS ) . No UEFI , no boot options

I can´t use any usb or external cd to start , NOTHING !!!

I can´t update bios or format with my windows 8 cd .

Please Help

Hello , I have a big problem .

I have a clevo 150em , my bios is :

BIOS : 1.02.17

KBC/EC : 1.02.11

I don´t have any UEFI options , any boot options / orden neither .

The computer starts with the windows 8 logo

In the bios I have only one boot option to start ( OS ) . No UEFI , no boot options

I can´t use any usb or external cd to start , NOTHING !!!

I can´t update bios or format with my windows 8 cd .

Please Help

First : what lead to this? Did you try flashing Prema's BIOS? If yes, up to which step did you get? If not, what happened?

Hello , Yes I would like to flash the Bios but I couldn´t start because of this . I didn´t do anything . The computer has the original bios that came with the computer

Here a picture with the options that I have ( The black options are not available , only the blue ones )

xll5j5.jpg

Thank you and a greeting

Then you do not seem to have any problem. Any options that need to be disabled apparently are.

Just go ahead and create the MS-DOS bootable USB disk (lookup the readme file), then reboot and flash away!

Just make sure to follow every step carefully in the readme and on the first page, and you'll be fine.

EDIT : Maybe enable Legacy USB

Hi Prema,

i've tested the new bios mod for W370SS. Everything works fine but is it possible that two settings were interchanged: "Turbo Boost Power Max" is "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" and vice versa?

Is it possible to protect the bios with a password? Only a startup/boot password works but not a bios password?

thx

freefire

Yeah, will fix it next time... :embarrassed:

Hello everyone,

does someone know if it is possible to disable BD-Prochot in Prema Bios for a W370SS (with throttlestop in works, but i want to disable it in bios so i don't need to use throttlestop)?

thx

freefire

That will disable the thermal emergency shutdown, not a good idea. Better adjust TDP and Turbo time according to your needs.

@Prema

Sorry for a ulrelated question. Do you know what options like TC1, TC2 and TSP in "the platform thermal configuration" BIOS menu?

That's the interval time in which the temperature sensor is read. This is controlled by the EC in Clevos and not a good idea to play with. ;)

Hey Prema I just whacked you with some beers or whatever you do with donos.. paypal from your site.. "3GL38138CU822881W"....

I am willing to whack you with more for some break throughs on being able to fit the GTX 980 to my P170EM with 3940XM and P570WM with 4960X... I hope the P570WM isn't gunna be a waste of Top dollars.... I used your BIOS update on the P570WM, is a different animal, would like to get rid of the 880m's...

Have just updated the P15xSM-A & P17xSM-A Mods in the OP with new "cool" and "silent" ECs.

the only way to change from "silent" to "cool" is to reflush the firmware - you can't achieve the same change by selecting different options in bios menu if you have modded firmware installed with "silent" option for EC, right ? I am sorry if the question is stupid - not an expert.

the only way to change from "silent" to "cool" is to reflush the firmware - you can't achieve the same change by selecting different options in bios menu if you have modded firmware installed with "silent" option for EC, right ? I am sorry if the question is stupid - not an expert.

You are correct. The only way to change from "silent" to "cool" is to reflash the firmware.

You are correct. The only way to change from "silent" to "cool" is to reflash the firmware.

does modified firmware from Prema in any way interact with (take into account) firmware in dGPU ? because as I noticed there are modified vbios' available and curious if any potential gains of any kind might be available in using both together (in terms of stability, not overclocking of anything)

Prema - this is what happened to my P170SM:

Everything was working fine for like 1,5 months until 2 days ago when it started happenning: everytime I switched on Clevo it was swithing itself off in couple of seconds. When on AC it was a loop until it finally started (4-7 reboots). So I flashed back to stock and it seems, all is working fine.

What could it be?

Hey Prema, can I flash the stock GTX765M vbios to my W230ST with your v2 bios?

I'm currently using the v2 bios and your modified GTX765M vbios but it's giving me artifacts and it bothers me so I'd like to fix that.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic