[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I use Aida 64 and I have problem with hight temperature of Diode PCH

It is normal for clevo laptops that temperature is 98 °C ? :(

I have Clevo P170SM

It seems to be pretty common. Mine has seen 108c before. I didn't like it that hot so I modded my laptop. Basically, I took it apart, cut a hole in the plastic top case and stacked up thermal pads between the PCH and the keyboard so the bottom of the keyboard is now a heatsink.

Here is a link with more details:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/7747-%5Bhardware-mod%5D-more-than-5-minute-mod-improve-pch-cooling-p17xsm.html#post106083

Wouldn't there be any new bios for the p370sm3 / np9380s

Also I had a question about the bios I'm now running which is P370SM3 Prema Mod v1, I recently installed windows 8.1 and there is a problem with the windows Fast Start up (hybrid boot) feature as sometimes it works and windows starts very fast and sometimes it doesn't starts fast but just take sometime to start. I tried everything from inside the windows to solve this problem but nothing worked, so is there any option in the bios I can change which will help in solving this issue ?

Hey, just wondering about the 770m support for P150EM ? Does the latest system bios now support these GPU's or is it still under-work ?

THANKS!

Still under-work... ;)

Does P170SM support haswell refresh like 4710 4810 or 4910MQ with your modded Bios ?

They should. Put the CPU code in IRC... :)

Wouldn't there be any new bios for the p370sm3 / np9380s

Also I had a question about the bios I'm now running which is P370SM3 Prema Mod v1, I recently installed windows 8.1 and there is a problem with the windows Fast Start up (hybrid boot) feature as sometimes it works and windows starts very fast and sometimes it doesn't starts fast but just take sometime to start. I tried everything from inside the windows to solve this problem but nothing worked, so is there any option in the bios I can change which will help in solving this issue ?

Maybe your Windows is not set to fully shut-down but hybernate/sleep...(check power options > Advanced Settings > Power buttons and LID)

Any improvements worth noting for the new ECs for P15xSM-A & P17xSM-A and P370SM-A, P375SM-A & P377SM-A?

Clevo never publishes any kind of changelogs when they update that stuff...

I'll update this post with them, but their changelogs are in no way comprehensive either...

EDIT: Here you go!

P1xxSM-A: Improve backlit K/B flash function stability. Solve backlit K/B breathing mode may not work at times issue.

P3xxSM-A: Improve LCD flicker protection.

Howdy!

Wondering if there is any way to enable the CPU settings in my BIOS. I have an W80CU with i7 940XM and i want to use it like it is mentioned... Is there any "HOW-To" and a official download how i can flash a mod bios with small chance of having a brick?

Cheers!

I have p370sm3 prema bios installed in my laptop. Right now I am trying to get inside the RAID configuration page in order to set 2 hard drives in RAID mod, so can you please tell me the way to get inside the RAID configuration page from the bios.

Thanks

I have p370sm3 prema bios installed in my laptop. Right now I am trying to get inside the RAID configuration page in order to set 2 hard drives in RAID mod, so can you please tell me the way to get inside the RAID configuration page from the bios.

Thanks

Same way as with stock BIOS. Chapter 7-2 in the user manual:

ftp://sftp.clevo.com.tw/USRMANUAL/P37xSM/EUM.zip

Same way as with stock BIOS. Chapter 7-2 in the user manual:

ftp://sftp.clevo.com.tw/USRMANUAL/P37xSM/EUM.zip

Actually it's mentioned that if you are using UEFI like I do you must first enable RAID mode in the BIOS and then re-enter the BIOS again and under advanced you will see Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for RAID Systems through which will be able to configure your RAID but unfortunately I didn't find this option "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for RAID Systems" anywhere inside the BIOS after enabling the RAID and even restarting the BIOS for a couple of times.

So can you please tell me why is it not available in this BIOS. As I remember that I used to have this option before in the stock bios after enabling the RAID mode.

THANKS

The system has be set to Windows 8, UEFI and RAID first then exited and rebooted.

There is no menu visible to me by that name even in stock BIOS...since I don't own this notebook I can't tell you more than what is in the manual...if you can confirm it works on stock BIOS but doesn't on the Mod the please PM me and we see what's causing it.

EDIT: Clevo is really going cheap on the 3D license, they never published a v1.03.03 BIOS as for the regular model...I'll make and PM you a 1.03.03 with all PM v2 tweaks but for the 3D model. ;)

EDIT2:

Prema Mod v2 for P370SM3 (3D) released.

ENJOY! :)

Hi Prema,

I have a question. Is the XTU + modded nVidia vbios = no POST a Clevo issue or is it something to Prema Mod?

I had 32_32 on my SM-A and I had to revert from the modded vbios back to stock because my system would get stuck when I would would hit reboot where it would show the modded vbios screen and then shut itself off and back on and keep doing that until I pulled the power from the machine, let it shut off, then pushed the power button and booted it from being powered off before plugging in my power cord.

D2 Ultima had the same issue with his machine and 780M. Modded vbios would cause the system not to POST when XTU was used. Its either have XTU or have the modded vbios but not both.

Today I had 32_33 and it was working fine on full EFI but when I switched the BIOS to non-EFI so I could boot to flash another image, after I turned off EFI it would not POST. I took out the battery, reset the CMOS battery... I ended up having to take one of my cards and stick it in my old Alienware and flash with the stock vbios to get the system to POST again. I wasn't having any issues with booting or shutting down but I had johnksss help me today and he was changing XTU settings and gave me a new vbios to flash and the reboot worked on EFI but when I changed it to non-EFI to do the flash, that's when it bricked.

Any idea of what the cause is? Should I just not use legacy BIOS and stick with UEFI when using a modded vbios? Some insight here would be great because I'm totally confused. :|

Sounds like the vBIOS base they used for the Mod isn't compatible with your Clevo model in Legacy boot. IRC they didn't use a Clevo base to make the vB...

That makes perfect sense, its a Dell base.

The weird thing though is that it will work in legacy boot until you tweak with XTU, then it will either get into a start up and shut down loop (old EC) or now won't POST at all (new EC).

It's not a big deal since I can't manage the heat of the vbios but it will be a big deal when I get the 9xx cards so I hope nVidia has a working vbios out of the box.

Thanks Prema :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Posted P15xSM-A, P17xSM-A, P370SM-A and P375SM-A stock BIOS and EC updates for GTX980M & GTX970M support in the OP.

Mods will follow in time for availability of the cards.

There you go, Clevo took care of you SM-A guys this time. ;)

Because P170SM-A is just a new "marketing" version of the P170SM, i tried to flash my P170SM with a P170SM-A bios

It works and the laptop post, but the 780m is not properly recognised anymore (need to mod the .inf to install driver).

The keyboard is not illuminated anymore and i think that it is related to hotkey software.

Do you know if illuminated keyboard need a new version of hotkey to work with those new bios? got hotkey 2.34.50

There is a later hotkey on Clevos support site for P1xxSM-A; hotkey 2.34.49, which works very well on my P150SM-A. Be sure to download from the Asia ftp and not the other ftp since they host the older hotkey. Asia ftp is sloooow...

Prema; you're the best! Paypal incoming!

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic