[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema, thanks for doing all these great job for us! I'm a W350ETQ user and using v3 OV 900P Edition now, I've noticed that the maximum voltage for GTX 660M in this version is 1.1125V and that's a relatively low voltage if you have a good cooler condition. So I tried to improve it by myself, I extracted the BIOS and got a file named C5D7EAAD-B218-482C-A909-E3B8CDB00E94_648.ROM (86.5KB) which contains complete VBIOS of GTX 660M and modified it by using WinHex. But when I tried to replace the modified file then repack all the ROM files together through using PhoenixTool I got a error message "module count mismatch". I also tried MMTool Aptio to replace 10de, fd4 device and it only changed the VBIOS in A062CF1F-8473-4AA3-8793-600BC4FFE9A8_693.ROM (a 411KB file) and after flashing there are no change about the voltage. Seems like there are two 660M VBIOS in the BIOS and only the one whose name is C5D7... have effect on the real voltage? Could you kindly tell me how to modify the voltage without getting the error message? thx!

Any news of new biosmod version for the w230ss? It has the no-picture on warm boot bug.

So there's no problem on FHD-panels because nobody isn't compaining. :) There was somebody else with wqhd panel who has the same problem...

Was quite exciting when I made raid and restored windows installation. :blue:

So there's no problem on FHD-panels because nobody isn't compaining. :) There was somebody else with wqhd panel who has the same problem...

Was quite exciting when I made raid and restored windows installation. :blue:

I have the WQHD. And have no screen backlight (black screen) when i set non UEFI settings in the BIOS. With BIOS set to UEFI mode i have a normal piture during bootup, can enter the BIOS without problems.

Anyway - with non UEFI settings the HDMI is working with external LCDs. So that is my workaround after for example after a BIOS reset which sets by default back to the non UEFI Boot mode.

I have the WQHD. And have no screen backlight (black screen) when i set non UEFI settings in the BIOS. With BIOS set to UEFI boit i have a normal piture during bootup, can enter the BIOS without problems.

Anyway - with non UEFI settings the HDMI is working with external LCDs. So that is my workaround after for example a BIOS reset which sets by default the non UEFI Boot mode.

I'm using Windows 7 so non-uefi mode. :( Maybe Windows 9 when it comes.

Anyone know how i can enable PCIE 3.0 on the bios, i got an Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition Ivy Bridge-E and two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M [Clevo] installed with 32GB quad channel ram, everything supports PCIE 3.0 minus the bios firmware.

even the motherboard supports it! Clevo P570WM!

Anyone know how i can enable PCIE 3.0 on the bios, i got an Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition Ivy Bridge-E and two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M [Clevo] installed with 32GB quad channel ram, everything supports PCIE 3.0 minus the bios firmware.

even the motherboard supports it! Clevo P570WM!

Clevo never included the BIOS code to run PCI-E 3.0, let alone set it. Prema had to fix the BIOS to even run 2.0.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clevo never included the BIOS code to run PCI-E 3.0, let alone set it. Prema had to fix the BIOS to even run 2.0.

But that's like selling you a Bugatti without the engine management computer all the hardware and no firmware.

Have to email clevo and ask them to write the code in!

But that's like selling you a Bugatti without the engine management computer all the hardware and no firmware.

Have to email clevo and ask them to write the code in!

Good luck with that seeing how they just discontinued that machine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have just brought from them how can discontinue it and still market it! and continue to market it.

Sager had 20 left the other day. Clevo announced that they are killing the machine. They are likely working on a new X99 Haswell-E machine or they just decided to kill it. Either way, it's end of life and Clevo isn't known for supporting their products with updates after that.

Sager had 20 left the other day. Clevo announced that they are killing the machine. They are likely working on a new X99 Haswell-E machine or they just decided to kill it. Either way, it's end of life and Clevo isn't known for supporting their products with updates after that.

Well that just bloody annoying if i'm honest!

Te New Haswell chips are not very fast so i dont see that as an upgrade only the X99 is the upgrade part to gaming!

Well that just bloody annoying if i'm honest!

Te New Haswell chips are not very fast so i dont see that as an upgrade only the X99 is the upgrade part to gaming!

Its the cycle.. New things come out, the old things go away. If it wasn't that way, people like myself wouldn't have gotten stuck with the trash that is 880M. It doesn't matter if the new product isn't better than the old product, Intel, nVidia, and AMD have seen to it that the old part supplies dry up when the new parts come out.

Hey everyone, noob question... Still perplexed on the whole Sager/Clevo thing. I have the Sager NP9570 with the i7 4930K. The equivalent Clevo is P570WM; however, I also see websites referring to it as P570WM3... Which Prema mod would be suitable for my NP9570, since both Clevo models are on here???

Hello!

Dear friends,

I hane a big problem.

After apply my ,,unlocked,, gtx 680m from p170em to 150em inc. vga sm cooling system, in NvidiaInspector, after load working profile clocksfrom p170em (1096mhz/2250mhz), when I'm try open 3d games, my p150em it is immediate shutdown.

On my 170em this clocksprofile working perfectly. On 170em I'm have stock Bios but on my new p150em I'm apply latest Prema Bios.

Why my p150em, after loading working profile from p170em and starting 3d applications it's shutting of? This is PSU problem? On p170em I'm have 220w but on p150em only 180w.

Gtx on stock clock is working normally, only I'm have problem after loading overclocking values and start 3d application.

Gtx 680m bios- 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip

p150em bios- latest Prema mod v2 T2 version.

Please help me!

ps this is my second post abut this problem- it is very important to my so I am put this question in this thread.

Hey everyone, noob question... Still perplexed on the whole Sager/Clevo thing. I have the Sager NP9570 with the i7 4930K. The equivalent Clevo is P570WM; however, I also see websites referring to it as P570WM3... Which Prema mod would be suitable for my NP9570, since both Clevo models are on here???

P570WM is the regular model. P570WM3 the one with 3D screen (which Sager didn't offer). ;)

Hello!

Dear friends,

I hane a big problem.

After apply my ,,unlocked,, gtx 680m from p170em to 150em inc. vga sm cooling system, in NvidiaInspector, after load working profile clocksfrom p170em (1096mhz/2250mhz), when I'm try open 3d games, my p150em it is immediate shutdown.

On my 170em this clocksprofile working perfectly. On 170em I'm have stock Bios but on my new p150em I'm apply latest Prema Bios.

Why my p150em, after loading working profile from p170em and starting 3d applications it's shutting of? This is PSU problem? On p170em I'm have 220w but on p150em only 180w.

Gtx on stock clock is working normally, only I'm have problem after loading overclocking values and start 3d application.

Gtx 680m bios- 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip

p150em bios- latest Prema mod v2 T2 version.

Please help me!

ps this is my second post abut this problem- it is very important to my so I am put this question in this thread.

The P150EM mobo has a few caps missing, the BIOS is different and the PSU.

You could try to flash the P170EM BIOS and EC Mods to your P150EM board, but a 180W PSU for an overclocked GTX680M isn't enough...

Thanks Prema for reply!

1) The crossfire Prema bios from p170em to p150em is the same instructions and steps as at the regular instalation (FLASHING GUIDE | Prema Mod) or it is diffrent way to install it?

2)I need, before crossflash, update EC from p170em to p150em?

3) I need Crossfire stock bios or ,,unlocked,, Prema bios form p170em to p150em?

I have Dell 240w PSU so tommorow I will solder it (change cable) to work on my p150em.

Thanks for the response :)

I flashed the appropriate BIOS and now have some additional questions, that I'm hoping you or someone might be able to help me with! My research online has been fruitless...

I have the NP9570 w/ i7-4930K. Both before and after flashing the BIOS, when I hit right click, properties on "My Computer," I show the CPU information "...@ 3.4 GHz" and to the right "3.4 GHz." On all of my other computers (desktops) the space to the right has always shown the max GHz. For example, on my 3930K it says "@ 3.2 GHz 3.8 GHz."

After flashing the Prema BIOS I had hoped that this would rectify this issue... It didn't. After playing in the BIOS, ThrottleStop, and using various stress tests (i.e., Prime95, transcoding/encoding, etc.) I am still showing a max of 3.4 GHz, albeit 100% CPU utilization across all threads... I'm at a complete loss... Am I missing something here? I'm not looking for miracle overclocking, but just enough to put it at or above my 3930K. I use the @bios program for the Gigabyte motherboard on that computer, and it works flawlessly with a friendly GUI...

Thanks

Thanks Prema for reply!

1) The crossfire Prema bios from p170em to p150em is the same instructions and steps as at the regular instalation (FLASHING GUIDE | Prema Mod) or it is diffrent way to install it?

2)I need, before crossflash, update EC from p170em to p150em?

3) I need Crossfire stock bios or ,,unlocked,, Prema bios form p170em to p150em?

I have Dell 240w PSU so tommorow I will solder it (change cable) to work on my p150em.

Just flash the Mod over it the normal way. It does BIOS & EC in one go.

Thanks for the response :)

I flashed the appropriate BIOS and now have some additional questions, that I'm hoping you or someone might be able to help me with! My research online has been fruitless...

I have the NP9570 w/ i7-4930K. Both before and after flashing the BIOS, when I hit right click, properties on "My Computer," I show the CPU information "...@ 3.4 GHz" and to the right "3.4 GHz." On all of my other computers (desktops) the space to the right has always shown the max GHz. For example, on my 3930K it says "@ 3.2 GHz 3.8 GHz."

After flashing the Prema BIOS I had hoped that this would rectify this issue... It didn't. After playing in the BIOS, ThrottleStop, and using various stress tests (i.e., Prime95, transcoding/encoding, etc.) I am still showing a max of 3.4 GHz, albeit 100% CPU utilization across all threads... I'm at a complete loss... Am I missing something here? I'm not looking for miracle overclocking, but just enough to put it at or above my 3930K. I use the @bios program for the Gigabyte motherboard on that computer, and it works flawlessly with a friendly GUI...

Thanks

That advertised 3.8Gz is only the single core limit. Once all are taxed it is 3.4Ghz. That is normal.

You can overclock the CPU in Mod BIOS if you like, should do some 4.4Ghz... ;)

Hi, I have read in a different forum that some work is already done to support the clevo w740su with the prema mod.

I'm realy interested in this since I own such a laptop. I'm prepared to do some beta testing for this model.

Will support for the clevo w740su be added to prema mod?

Thanks!

Hi Prema, I have a question.... I have an Clevo W150HRM and want to unlock the BIOS. The version of Moral Hazard can't be found anywhere anymore. Also, this version had problems with undetected disks like SSD's.

Is there a possibility that you can unlock the BIOS for me?

My CPU is a Core i7 2630QM @ 2Ghz with a NVidia GT555m Graphics card.

Bios File:

http://www.btodownloads.nl/index.php?dir=Notebooks%20%28Drivers%29/1.%20VORIGE%20MODELLEN%20-%20PREVIOUS%20MODELS/15CL35%20-%2017CL35%20GT555%20%28W150HRM%20-%20W170HR%29/Bios/&file=BIOS_109.zip

EC File:

http://www.btodownloads.nl/index.php?dir=Notebooks%20%28Drivers%29/1.%20VORIGE%20MODELLEN%20-%20PREVIOUS%20MODELS/15CL35%20-%2017CL35%20GT555%20%28W150HRM%20-%20W170HR%29/Bios/&file=EC_03.zip

Would love to hear from you if it's possible. And will donate if it can be done!

Many Thanks! Paul

EDIT: Found the good old modded bios file on a Chinese website. This one also fixed the unrecognizable disks. I tested it and re-uploaded it for people to find it now.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mlv1o2tpvxo56g0/Modded+Bios.rar

THIS IS FOR CLEVO W150HRM / BTO 15CL35 GT555

Hi,

Thank you so much for your work! Currently I have the Clevo P157SM-A, but it seems that it's not in the support list. Some people says the file called p157sma is working, is that true? Really hope to have your customized BIOS if possible.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your work! Currently I have the Clevo P157SM-A, but it seems that it's not in the support list. Some people says the file called p157sma is working, is that true? Really hope to have your customized BIOS if possible.

Same thing. ENJOY! :)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic