[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hello Guys,

Fater testing the modded bios from Prema a few month and also the Modded vbios for my 880m gtx everyhting is zorking fine.

I also found something really interesting for all the clevo user :

If you want maximum performance with you clevo please do not use the hotkey from clevo, I will epxlain why:

When installing the Hotkey it is asking you to reboot in order to finish to install it, why? : Because it reboot to load the newly installed driver for the hotkey.

After playing for a while with the hotkey manager I was not able to have the same gaming performance as when I was not using it, and I tried for hours to firgure out why, I was change the profile to maximum performance or game mode with no effect.

I was searching everywhere and optimizing windows 8.1 like made, the drivers were already update to date.

Then I uninstall the hotkey, and the issue was gone, instead of a 140 watt limitation I was able to use the full power of the laptop around 180 to 190 watt, no lags in game everything was working fine.

All of the component are using the default clock.

Please try on your side and let me know how it is, as this was a really strange issue.

I also have a question for you Prema, have you seen new stock bios for the clevo P17xSM-A?

The weekend is coming at last.

N3ST

Hello Guys,

Fater testing the modded bios from Prema a few month and also the Modded vbios for my 880m gtx everyhting is zorking fine.

If you want maximum performance with you clevo please do not use the hotkey from clevo, I will epxlain why:

When installing the Hotkey it is asking you to reboot in order to finish to install it, why? : Because it reboot to load the newly installed driver for the hotkey.

After playing for a while with the hotkey manager I was not able to have the same gaming performance as when I was not using it, and I tried for hours to firgure out why, I was change the profile to maximum performance or game mode with no effect.

I was searching everywhere and optimizing windows 8.1 like made, the drivers were already update to date.

Then I uninstall the hotkey, and the issue was gone, instead of a 140 watt limitation I was able to use the full power of the laptop around 180 to 190 watt, no lags in game everything was working fine.

Please try on your side and let me know how it is, as this was a really strange issue.

I also have a question for you Prema, have you seen new stock bios for the clevo P17xSM-A?

N3ST

Interesting... Do you think it is the same with W230SS? On AC I think it's at full power, clocks stay high, no lags and so. But on battery, CPU maxes @1.4GHz and Intel HD Graphics loses it's turbo which is annoying because with AC it runs old games quite good.

Interesting... Do you think it is the same with W230SS? On AC I think it's at full power, clocks stay high, no lags and so. But on battery, CPU maxes @1.4GHz and Intel HD Graphics loses it's turbo which is annoying because with AC it runs old games quite good.

Well, I had this issue on a P170SM-A and on a P170EM, both laptop are runnin only on AC and I removed the battery (I have a UPS).

Try to remove the hotkey, use the maximum performance profile in power options and also use this tool to lift some limitation : https://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

Let me know if you see the differences, but on my case I did some a huge improvement.

N3ST

System performance will decrease drastically on battery. This is supposed to happen because a battery simply cannot put out enough power to run the system at full speed.

Hotkey does not cause any performance issues for me on a P150EM.

System performance will decrease drastically on battery. This is supposed to happen because a battery simply cannot put out enough power to run the system at full speed.

Hotkey does not cause any performance issues for me on a P150EM.

But i'm quite sure that on battery it's not about power when intel hd graphics doesn't use turbo anymore.

Well, I had this issue on a P170SM-A and on a P170EM, both laptop are runnin only on AC and I removed the battery (I have a UPS).

Try to remove the hotkey, use the maximum performance profile in power options and also use this tool to lift some limitation : https://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

Let me know if you see the differences, but on my case I did some a huge improvement.

N3ST

Uninstalled hotkey, didnt help a bit. CPU clock still down to 1.4ghz and intel hd graphics clock down to 400mhz. Installed hotkey back and now intel xtreme tuning utility isnt working anymore and windows doesnt shutdown anymore, halts at shutting down. Shit.

But i'm quite sure that on battery it's not about power when intel hd graphics doesn't use turbo anymore.

On battery the P150EM with an Ivy Bridge CPU cuts to 2.0GHz, and a Sandy Bridge cuts to 1.5GHz. With an nvidia dGPU, the dGPU is powered off and games only run on the integrated, but the integrated does go to turbo clocks. With an AMD dGPU the dGPU is still used, but the clocks are cut so badly that it isn't much faster than the iGPU.

This is with an 8-cell battery. Your laptop has a 6-cell and thus power draw must be cut even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Uninstalled hotkey, didnt help a bit. CPU clock still down to 1.4ghz and intel hd graphics clock down to 400mhz. Installed hotkey back and now intel xtreme tuning utility isnt working anymore and windows doesnt shutdown anymore, halts at shutting down. Shit.

Throttlestop can force the CPU to run over the 1.4ghz limit on battery. I don't know about the iGPU 400MHz limit though.

This keeps dGPU usable on battery, and with geforce "battery boost" it gives full performance which is quite awesome. I can play grid autosport or metro: last light on battery but it drains really fast and becomes extremely hot, scary...

I can live with that 1.4ghz limit on cpu but hd graphics 400mhz is just too low.

by the way, few reboots and windows is now shutting down normally and intel xtreme tuning utility works. dont know what happened...

Hey guys, :)

I am on the way home, with a brand new W230SS and WQHD screen in the luggage!

The Prema Mod project will soon get my attention back... ;)

OT: My friend with cancer is getting better each day, THX to all your good wishes and prayers. :)

P.S.: Left my trusted W230ST with a friend in Germany, if anyone there or in rest of Europe is looking for one, just PM me.

OT: My friend with cancer is getting better each day, THX to all your good wishes and prayers. :)

P.S.: Left my trusted W230ST with a friend in Germany, if anyone there or in rest of Europe is looking for one, just PM me.

Glad to hear your friend is getting better.

Also did you know I am part German? :)

Great! :);):)

Dear Prema,

Would you please help me look into a problem?

http://forum.techinferno.com/desktop-motherboards/3544-supermicro-x9drg-qf-r-1-1-bios-nvidia-sli-support.html

In this thread, the R 1.1 BIOS has UEFI Video OpROM support but newer versions don't have. Would you please help me unlock the hidden options in the latest R 3.0a BIOS? Thank you very much!

Great news!

Is there possibility to implement battery charge level limit (80%), just like in some Samsung and Lenovo notebooks?

I have a SUPER NOOB question for you guys!

I just bought my laptop on ebay and it's the first time I have a Sager / Clevo notebook. There is no sticker on the laptop and the guy from eBay said it is a Sager NP8250 S (I believe its Clevo P157SM).

What is the best way to check this? I don't want to f**k this up.

I have a SUPER NOOB question for you guys!

I just bought my laptop on ebay and it's the first time I have a Sager / Clevo notebook. There is no sticker on the laptop and the guy from eBay said it is a Sager NP8250 S (I believe its Clevo P157SM).

What is the best way to check this? I don't want to f**k this up.

CPU-Z should show your model in the motherboard screen. The BIOS also tells you I believe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 on Tapatalk

Glad to hear the good news about your friend Prema! ...and wellcome back!

By the way I got the stock BIOS from SAGER, it is System BIOS V 1.03.06LS1 EC V 1.03.02. If you happen to want it, let me know.

Cheers!

That's an insane pixel density little monster. Post a pic of it running any SO without font upscalling lol...

Hello Guys,

N3ST

I've installed teh Hotkey from Clevo and didn't noticed that. But what took my attention was that running an specific benchmark on OpenGL did the fans goes crazy and noisy... switching the benchmark to D3D the W230SS sustained a very low noise and almost no fan actions... looks like a NVIDIA driver issue... I dont know.

Anymore else noticed that?

I've installed teh Hotkey from Clevo and didn't noticed that. But what took my attention was that running an specific benchmark on OpenGL did the fans goes crazy and noisy... switching the benchmark to D3D the W230SS sustained a very low noise and almost no fan actions... looks like a NVIDIA driver issue... I dont know.

Anymore else noticed that?

Well, that fan is controlled by bios, nothing else. Reason for that behaviour is maybe that your vsync is on, on the other test and vsync off on other. If vsync is off, gpu will be hotter.

Well, that fan is controlled by bios, nothing else. Reason for that behaviour is maybe that your vsync is on, on the other test and vsync off on other. If vsync is off, gpu will be hotter.

Gotcha. You're rigth: I didn't realised that vsync turns off when I switch from D3D to OGL. Thanks pirtu.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic