[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

-Wi-Fi ac 7260 is a headache card. Really. No comments here. I could fix it by disabling HT mode and dealing with some band and energy configs, but I don’t feel nice having this card on my laptop.

I own the Intel 7260 and don't have a single complain about it :)

Make sure you install the latest drivers from Intel site for it..

I own the Intel 7260 and don't have a single complain about it :)

Make sure you install the latest drivers from Intel site for it..

are you using 2.4 ghz band or 5ghz?

There are infinite posts about this card on internet. Trust me, I had to do magic with my computer for making this card barely work. Recently, a friend bought an msi g60 ghost pro and he had exactly the same problem.

He was very mad about it and wanted to return the laptop just because he went home, started a lol game, and ping was going up and down like crazy making himself unable to even play a single game.

Not everyone is able to research and fix problems as maybe you and me do. He was not even willing to update the drivers. He was very upset for investing 1.7k in a laptop and not being able to even whatch a youtube video as he was doing with a 300$ shitty laptop next to him.

It has been proved, and Intel just released a beta driver for it,(after a year of many other driver updates not fixing the problem) and still problems persist.

Has to deal with 2.4 ghz band and HT mode. This card has been made for brand new wifi conections, but not for old ones!

I've never had an issue with my 7260 since the first driver update after I turned my Sager on where the WiFi was dropping like crazy. Works great in Linux too. Coming from Broadcom, Intel is a dream...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

are you using 2.4 ghz band or 5ghz?

There are infinite posts about this card on internet. Trust me, I had to do magic with my computer for making this card barely work. Recently, a friend bought an msi g60 ghost pro and he had exactly the same problem.

He was very mad about it and wanted to return the laptop just because he went home, started a lol game, and ping was going up and down like crazy making himself unable to even play a single game.

Not everyone is able to research and fix problems as maybe you and me do. He was not even willing to update the drivers. He was very upset for investing 1.7k in a laptop and not being able to even whatch a youtube video as he was doing with a 300$ shitty laptop next to him.

It has been proved, and Intel just released a beta driver for it,(after a year of many other driver updates not fixing the problem) and still problems persist.

Has to deal with 2.4 ghz band and HT mode. This card has been made for brand new wifi conections, but not for old ones!

Willfully refusing to fix a known problem with a driver update?

Intel just released a beta driver update. (Your words.)

So did he update his drivers or not? Your post contains conflicting information.

Yes, the problem was fixed, I could manage to reduce his anger and go into his laptop and fix the problem. But c'mon, this shouldn't be the way either.

He was so mad that he bought a defective brand new and very expensive laptop, and he couldn't play from day one.

My point is that, now a days, companies sell products without even checking them. I understand when a product has bad quality, it gives you problems.

But if you invest for a premium product, it should work perfectly.

And also, not everyone is willing to go online, through specialized forums, and look for fixes. In my case, spanish ppl don't even speak or read english well, and we are a lazy community.

Brands such as clevo, intel, nvidia, ati, etc, had very good products, but sometimes they continue selling defective products, or spend a whole year for a driver update to fix those problems.

I personally had almost every problem that existed in pc history! and I think many users from this forum would understand my frustation, turn on a 2k laptop day one, and feel like you had been cheated. (flickering, scanlines, lan and wan f**ed up, freeze screen, loudy fans....)

Sorry I Dont really want to annoy you.... plus I think this is not the place to comment on this topics. But thank you for listening!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify.

Problem with ac7260 was fixed, but even after updating the drivers, the problem was still there.

We had to disable HT mode for stable gameplay.

Hi Prema,

Does the BIOS for P377SM-A include support for the 7xx nVidia GPUs? 765M or 780M? These 880M cards have to go or they need to be put in a machine that can actually keep them cool so I'm thinking about buying a barebones Alienware 18 and swapping the parts from my Clevo into my 18 and the 18 parts into the Clevo. I'm sure I'd have to flash the Dell card with a Clevo vbios but does the P377SM-A BIOS even have support for the older 7xx cards?

Thanks

No you do not change the bios on the cards! They will work without any extra effort.

Also the p377sm has better cooling than the aw18 due to the aw18 bios not ramping up the fan speed like it should as parts get hot. There is something physically wrong with your laptop if the gpus are overheating.

• Thumbs Up 1

No you do not change the bios on the cards! They will work without any extra effort.

Also the p377sm has better cooling than the aw18 due to the aw18 bios not ramping up the fan speed like it should as parts get hot. There is something physically wrong with your laptop if the gpus are overheating.

From what I'm reading the AW18 fan profiles were fixed for the most part??

The heatsinks in the P377SM-A are trash, particularly the slave heatsink. Contact pressure is terrible on the GPU and CPU both so even Liquid Ultra is of limited use on them (on my 4940MX, I couldn't use liquid ultra at all because there is such poor contact that I would tighten down the heatsink and remove it and the little bubbles that the CLU makes in the middle of the CPU were exactly the same as were the ones on the heatsink).

So if I get a pair of Dell 780M they will work without a vbios flash? Because if that's the case I'm going to see if I can pick up a pair of those if my machine isn't functioning correctly when Sager sends it back. That's a much cheaper option than buying a new machine. I just wasn't sure the P377SM-A BIOS supported them. I know Clevo BIOS has to actually have support for the card or it won't POST.

My gpus run in original vbios

880M original vbios sucks. The policies are so tight that my slave GPU runs down to 888MHz which drags the master down from 954MHz.

Sager has it right now because the slave card appeared to fail the other day (right down to not being able to monitor temps and GPU-Z reading revision FF) and then started working again so I am having them replace that card. Hopefully that fixes it and I don't have to do anything else.

Master card uses ic7 slave use liquid

I did that and it made the temps rise the same between them but the slave still couldn't handle the load and dropped clocks like mad.

Look here

7uqe6y9e.jpg

No reason with temps like that the slave should be throttled.

This isn't the place to talk about it though. I sent it to Sager, they've had it for a week so hopefully I get a new 880M and don't have a problem.

901 is under the stock clock though. Stock for 880M is 954MHz, it shouldn't drop below that. Even nVidia finally admitted there is a vbios problem and is working on a fix. So hopefully they can fix the heat too.

I asked Prema about the 780m's and yes he told me they would be plug and play. My P377SM barebones is coming on Monday and I'll be putting GTX 780m's in them. As it happens though, I am flush with 780m's (I have somehow ended up with 4 of them) and I have a pair of spares should you wish to buy some.

• Thumbs Up 1

I asked Prema about the 780m's and yes he told me they would be plug and play. My P377SM barebones is coming on Monday and I'll be putting GTX 780m's in them. As it happens though, I am flush with 780m's (I have somehow ended up with 4 of them) and I have a pair of spares should you wish to buy some.

Let me see what happens with my machine. I don't know how long Sager will have it, it's already been a week and I haven't heard anything.

If I'm still having issues with the 880M after they replace that card, I will definitely be on the market for new cards whether they be 780M or 980M.

At the rate Sager is going I'll have my laptop back in September... :/

Just press the FN button along with the number button 9 to switch the fans too 100% speed and do it again to switch it back to normal?!?

Hi Prema, I recently found and installed your bios mods (They are GREAT thanks!). I am having some temp trouble with my cpu. I have a P170SM and would like to know if there is anyway to control the fan so i can set it to 100% like you can on the P170EM?

I looked through the forums here and done some of the hardware mods but it still isnt enough, any kind of help would be great.

Hi Prema, I recently found and installed your bios mods (They are GREAT thanks!). I am having some temp trouble with my cpu. I have a P170SM and would like to know if there is anyway to control the fan so i can set it to 100% like you can on the P170EM?

I looked through the forums here and done some of the hardware mods but it still isnt enough, any kind of help would be great.

Use Fn+1 to set the fans to maximum

Just so everyone knows and doesn't freak out like I did, I sent my Sager in for warranty service with the Clevo "Style Note" BIOS because I didn't have a Sager branded stock 9377 BIOS and they didn't say a thing about it, replaced my video cards and shipped it back to me. Will be interesting to see if it comes back with a Sager BIOS installed though, I get it tomorrow.

How do we dump the BIOS so I can back it up this time if it comes with a Sager BIOS? I will be flashing the mod back as soon as I get the machine plugged back in but I need to know in case I have any more 880M issues (hoping not).

How do we dump the BIOS so I can back it up this time if it comes with a Sager BIOS? I will be flashing the mod back as soon as I get the machine plugged back in but I need to know in case I have any more 880M issues (hoping not).

Afudos.exe filename.rom /o

or

Afuwin.exe filename.rom /o

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Prema

I am new in this community and from germany. I received a few weeks ago my MSI GE60 Apache Pro. It is an new Revision with a better cooling system. It has three heatpipes instead of just two. I bought a notebook cooler too. So i think my notebook gpu is ready for a bios mod. I read that you dont want to publish it. Of course i would do an donation. Please send me a pn with instructions.

LG rayMan

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic