[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi, I'm thinking of flashing the W230SS BIOS. Talking about hotkeys and averything, does anybody knows if thre are diferences between Windows 7 and 8 with this model? I planning to put Win7 (dualbooting Linux Mint also).

Thanks in advance!

THIS is the Hot Key for Win 7 on W230SS. It should work just fine.

Actually I come across another problem. Since few days I have noticed that when I'm compiling something under Linux, CPU temp gets over 90* C. I think it's too high for i7-4800mq, especially as sensors reports 100* C as critical value.

I wonder why CPU fan does not run full speed on lower temps (eg. 80-85* C)? Is there any special BIOS setting for this or do I have to reflash BIOS/etc?

While flashing the Mod you have been given two options for the FAN. Silent & Cool. Just choose Cool during the flash.

I am also using FN+1 Full FAN Mode during longer compiling/render/encoding sessions.

While flashing the Mod you have been given two options for the FAN. Silent & Cool. Just choose Cool during the flash.

I am also using FN+1 Full FAN Mode during longer compiling/render/encoding sessions.

But i Have choosen 'cool' already. Isnt there available any other EC that runs fan at full speed at lower temp already?

Before going to the question, I'd like to thank Prema for all the work he's done so far and for being able to reply everyone for these years. I'm also the starter of a huge thread on a Brazilian Portuguese forum and I know how much time I spent researching and replying everyone.

But anyways, I have a Clevo P150EM laptop, which had an i5 3210M CPU when I bought it and when I first did the Prema Mod, about 5 months ago.

I always thought the lack of options on the BIOS was due to the i5 3210M CPU, but now I replaced it for an i7 3920XM and I'd really like to deactivate Hyperthreading so I can have better performance at PS2 and Nintendo Wii emulators (kinda sad to see that my Desktop's i5 3550 performs a lot better than the i7 3920XM), but unfortunately there is no such option. The BIOS looks just about the same as it did when I first modded it.

So, to enable options such as turning off hyper-threading and almost everything you mention on the first page, what do I need to do?

My current BIOS is the P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2, my GPU is an AMD HD 8970M.

But i Have choosen 'cool' already. Isnt there available any other EC that runs fan at full speed at lower temp already?

Nope, that's how Clevo intended it. Only option is to manually use FN+1 Full FAN Mode.

Before going to the question, I'd like to thank Prema for all the work he's done so far and for being able to reply everyone for these years. I'm also the starter of a huge thread on a Brazilian Portuguese forum and I know how much time I spent researching and replying everyone.

But anyways, I have a Clevo P150EM laptop, which had an i5 3210M CPU when I bought it and when I first did the Prema Mod, about 5 months ago.

I always thought the lack of options on the BIOS was due to the i5 3210M CPU, but now I replaced it for an i7 3920XM and I'd really like to deactivate Hyperthreading so I can have better performance at PS2 and Nintendo Wii emulators (kinda sad to see that my Desktop's i5 3550 performs a lot better than the i7 3920XM), but unfortunately there is no such option. The BIOS looks just about the same as it did when I first modded it.

So, to enable options such as turning off hyper-threading and almost everything you mention on the first page, what do I need to do?

My current BIOS is the P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2, my GPU is an AMD HD 8970M.

The current Mod doesn't have that option. All P-EM changes are "under the hood".

PM me on the blog if you want HT permanently disabled.

The current Mod doesn't have that option. All P-EM changes are "under the hood".

PM me on the blog if you want HT permanently disabled.

Thank you very much Prema! It works and now my i7 3920XM is having similar performance to my i5 3550 when it comes to emulators!

Thank you, thank you! I'll try to donate some value soon to help you continue your work!

• Thumbs Up 2

is there a mod for the 3630m to overclock it in a clevo 170em?

You can overclock by 4-7% with XTU if you flash the modified BIOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to create my own ec file? My p170sma turns it fan at max when it reaches 90c at gpu. I would like to start it when it reaches 75-80c.

Prema doesn't like playing with EC BIOS. My understanding is it's tricky and people have their own preferences so he'd make a time intensive mod for probably only one person to use.

Hay there,

Just an update on my hot key problem. I installed and uninstalled the last Hot key app for win7 (7.0026) and now with no Hot key app installed and after a few reboots the LED keyboard lights are on even in windows. Just blue but that's OK.

The 7.0026 version does show up but the LED keyboard settings page does absolutely nothing. I know because of the Prema modded bios. What is strange is if I install the 8.x version for win8 I can see it and all the options buttons when I hover my mouse over it in the task bar window preview but clicking on the app to bring it to foreground and in focus does nothing. Strange how the preview shows all the buttons and the app window but the app window will not show. Maybe it has to do with the direct link libraries used for the different versions of the app?

Some benchmarks of before\after Prema BIOS flashing on my new machine.

specs:​

Sager NP9570\Clevo P570WM

Intel® Core™ i7-4960X

32GB Quad Channel DDR3 SDRAM@1600MHz

2X Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M GPU-8GB GDDR5

2X 512GB Samsung 840 Pro in RAID-0

2X 1TB 7200rpm

2X AC Adapter & Power Converter Box

2X NP9570 Smart Li-ION Battery

Killer™ Wireless-N 1202

Razer Ouroboros

Asus USB External 8X DVD±R/ 6X ±RW/ 6X±DL

Windows® 8.1 Professional 64-Bit

TXL617, Targus 17" XL Backpack

Stock Benchmarks3DMARK VANTAGE

44378 - Stock

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Notebook P570WM

46538 - Prema BIOS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Notebook P570WM

3DMARK 2011

14803 - Stock

15111 - Prema BIOS

ICE STORM

159100 - Stock

168893 - Prema BIOS

CLOUD GATE

28606 - Stock

30232 - Prema BIOS

SKY DIVER

28386 - Stock

29317 - Prema BIOS

FIRE STRIKE

9665 - Stock

9806 - Prema BIOS

CATZILLA

22588 - Stock

Catzilla Computer Benchmark - Your Online Result

24218 - Prema BIOS

Catzilla Computer Benchmark - Your Online Result

Unigen Haven 4 - X

1956 - Stock

2011 - Prema BIOS

Unigen Vally - X HD

2892 - Stock

2929 - Prema BIOS

Small bug report prema p170sma v1 bios. When changing max current@cpu value at performance/overclocking tab, the value dissapears at reboot when entering setup. When booting directly in windows the setting will be applied when checking with xtu. But when entering bios again setting goes to default.

Some things require a full shutdown from Windows after they have been set in BIOS in order to stick.

The other reason could be XTU overwriting the setting. It writes stuff into the same registers. In which case you need to uninstall it completely.

Hey Prema,

Do you have a BIOS that can be used to allow the P150SM to use DDR3-2133 RAM?

Jason

My Mod allows 2133Mhz, 2400Mhz or even 2667Mhz, On first boot they will run @ 1866Mhz, then you can select the desired speed in BIOS and it'll run on that from then onward OS independent on that speed (if the RAM can take it).

Hi, I have a P150EMx with Bios v 1.02.17RCL, can I update to prema mod v2? Thanks

Yep, ENJOY! :)

My Mod allows 2133Mhz, 2400Mhz or even 2667Mhz, On first boot they will run @ 1866Mhz, then you can select the desired speed in BIOS and it'll run on that from then onward OS independent on that speed (if the RAM can take it).

If my Sager's BIOS is in UEFI mode, is it as simple as "get out of UEFI mode, flash PREMABIOS, go back into UEFI mode" ?

Jason

If my Sager's BIOS is in UEFI mode, is it as simple as "get out of UEFI mode, flash PREMABIOS, go back into UEFI mode" ?

Jason

When doing the boot select option you have the choice of booting a device as UEFI or non-UEFI, so no need to change the BIOS to non-UEFI.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I can do the BIOS flash even in UEFI mode, to the PREMA bios?

NO

PREMA says to disable UEFI and flash. follow the instructions on his site

Sent from my Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Civz ROM [v3.5] with Kernel SkyHigh TW Kernel [v2.5]

NO

PREMA says to disable UEFI and flash. follow the instructions on his site

Sent from my Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Civz ROM [v3.5] with Kernel SkyHigh TW Kernel [v2.5]

Got it. That makes everything clear.

AFTER the flash, I go back into UEFI, right?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic