[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, I need your expert help! I tried to undervolt my i7-4710 with Intel XTU, I only tried -50mV and the computer locked down, and would not restart. It turns on for a few seconds, keyboard lights is on as well and then it shuts down. I removed the CMOS battery for 5 minutes still no luck. So I tried the Bios recovery with stock bios for P150SM-A from this site and it started up the bios recovery screen, I flashed it. After that it will start up but no screen and it will shut down after 40 seconds. Now I cannot do the bios recovery anymore. Any input before I call support...

Pulling the CMOS battery on a modern system doesn't do much more than reset the system clock. Pull a memory stick or do some other hardware change and boot it. A hardware change will trigger a reset of the NVRAM.

Hopefully you did not brick it when you tried to flash it in this state. Trying that was not a good idea.

Prema, I need your expert help! I tried to undervolt my i7-4710 with Intel XTU, I only tried -50mV and the computer locked down, and would not restart. It turns on for a few seconds, keyboard lights is on as well and then it shuts down. I removed the CMOS battery for 5 minutes still no luck. So I tried the Bios recovery with stock bios for P150SM-A from this site and it started up the bios recovery screen, I flashed it. After that it will start up but no screen and it will shut down after 40 seconds. Now I cannot do the bios recovery anymore. Any input before I call support...

Intel XTU has many problems recently...a proper reset would have been enough though.

Using the recovery was not required...

You probably used another BIOS base for the recovery procedure than the one on the system?! I hope you selected the writing NVRAM option or it's now using the old NVRAM with the new BIOS.

Pull the CMOS again and remove one RAM, then try to boot.

Twice flashing screen is normal, there are no extra menus for P-EM models, all changes are "under the hood", for more you will have to use Intel XTU Utility...which again you will have to wait for the P150EM XTU EDITION or crossflash, but that will change your HW IDs etc to that of P170EM model.

I don't remember if I had put the "PM" after the BIOS name already into that version...better check the Motherboard Tab in CPU-Z to see if it flashed.

Hi Prema! Thanks for your work!

I have a clevo p370em and have a question: I know the changes are "under the hood" but I have Mac OS Mavericks and for me, and other guys that uses other OS, would be cute to see setting directly in bios/advanced like this guy on clevo p370sm:

When I was choosing a laptop for Mac I already knew about your mod but did not knew about "win+xtu" thing...:too_sad:

Thanks!

prema there is any bios for MSI GE60 apache pro, GTX 860m? (;

Ty

I made a beta, will release it when I find the time to do it proper. Until then you can PM me...

Hi Prema! Thanks for your work!

I have a clevo p370em and have a question: I know the changes are "under the hood" but I have Mac OS Mavericks and for me, and other guys that uses other OS, would be cute to see setting directly in bios/advanced like this guy on clevo p370sm:

When I was choosing a laptop for Mac I already knew about your mod but did not knew about "win+xtu" thing...:too_sad:

Thanks!

If I ever find time I will have to hex myself through the setup...though don't count on me ever finding that time...

Hi, prema, I am new here, and I have a p150sm, I want to unlock TDP limits of 4900mq, will it work? Besides, I really need your awesome work anyway.

Sure does. ENJOY! :)

Maybe it is time to create a manual for all those settings in your bioses. I flashed it but are getting lost by all those settings. Flashed back original bios.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it is time to create a manual for all those settings in your bioses. I flashed it but are getting lost by all those settings. Flashed back original bios.

Wish the community would do that. Too much RL stuff going on, so it's either having a Mod or a Manual. :P

Can't be more appreciate of your mod!! I unlocked the TDP and get 12% promote without any OC!! As a fresh guy of OC, I tried to draw up multipliers and set higher voltage(TDP and current unlocked, core voltage offset -60mv), but I get an even lower score.

You should be able to overclock without overvolting. That along with raised TDP and Turbo Time should get you the best result. (Just keep the CPU below 90c).

I made a beta, will release it when I find the time to do it proper. Until then you can PM me...

Prema can't send you a PM yet. Dont have premission! I saw your post in other forum talking about MSI GE60 apache pro, GTX 860m. I've found another vBios in youtube, its in Deutch and he's using Win7, im in win 8.1... dunno if i can use it or not. Not even know the results, Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

Prema can't send you a PM yet. Dont have premission! I saw your post in other forum talking about MSI GE60apache pro, GTX 860m. I've found another vBios in youtube, its in Deutch and he's using Win7, im in win 8.1... dunno if i can use it or not. Not even know the results, Cheers

Yeah that's the tester leaking my own old beta (without the throttle fixes & unlocked voltage) and since he neither had my permission to publish it (still have the mail where he promised not to) nor gave any credit and even tells people it's done with a tool, as if he has anything to do with it at all (its all done in hex and has my name in it)...

ifamhz.jpg

I simply won't publish the final GE60/GE70 version nor make one for Win 8.x...well done slumdoggang, you spoiled it for everyone. :angry:

Yeah that's the tester leaking my own old beta (without the throttle fixes & unlocked voltage) and since he neither had my permission to publish it nor gave any credit and even tells people it's done with a tool, as if he has anything to do with it (its all done in hex and has my name in it)...

I simply won't publish the final version nor make one for Win 8.x...well done slumdoggang, you spoiled it for everyone. :angry:

Grrrrrrr what an asshole

Sent from my Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Civz ROM [v3.4] with Kernel SkyHigh TW Kernel [1.8]

If I ever find time I will have to hex myself through the setup...though don't count on me ever finding that time...

Thanks Prema for answering! so the last question:

What you mean "hex myself through the setup"? What setup? Did you mean bios setup? :hopelessness:

Thanks again!

Thanks Prema for answering! so the last question:

What you mean "hex myself through the setup"? What setup? Did you mean bios setup? :hopelessness:

Thanks again!

Yep. ;)

Hi people,

@ Prema: I installed your modded bios on my P370SM3 and found that windows needed reactivation, I'm assuming because of the UEFI being enabled. Not a problem though so on to my problem.

The LED Keyboard lighting is off and will not turn on using Hot key version (7.0026) on Win7, However while the system is booting the keyboard LED's are lit on the last (blue) setting I used before it stopped working? This leads me to believe it has to be something Bios related. Am I wrong or not? Maybe something with the power saving settings and dGPU settings or the UEFI settings or something.

No Keyboard lights just sux when I'm testing my TDM Mods.

PS. I did try Backlight Controller with LightFX v0.0.6.0 but decided to uninstall when I ran out of time and had to go to work, I still want to use it but don't think it has anything to do with my problem as I uninstalled it.

Windows re-activation is because Microsoft's motherboard detection sucks. It thinks you have a new mobo, because the BIOS changed so much.

New BIOS needs needs a new Hotkey App.

3-zone light control for backlight keyboard:

(need to update hotkey driver to 8.0124 or later)

Fn + keypad “7” key to control left zone light

Fn + keypad “8” key to control middle zone light

Fn + keypad “9” key to control right zone light

Fn + keypad “5” key to control touchpad light function

Though Clevo never officially supported Win 7 on this model.

Only Sager offered it...you may try this one:

http://files.sagernotebook.com/Sagernotebook/misc/P377SMA/WIN7/06_Hotkey.exe

Oh I have the 7.0026 installed and installed that one off of the disc I got with the system, Still no lights. I will DL that link and try it.

Windows re-activation is because Microsoft's motherboard detection sucks. It thinks you have a new mobo, because the BIOS changed so much.

New BIOS needs needs a new Hotkey App.

Though Clevo never officially supported Win 7 on this model.

Only Sager offered it...you may try this one:

http://files.sagernotebook.com/Sagernotebook/misc/P377SMA/WIN7/06_Hotkey.exe

@ Prema

I installed the linked drivers but I still have no keyboard lights and the app window will not display, Although it will display in the preview when the mouse is hovered over the icon on the active applications or task bar. Same problem as with any drivers after hotkey 7.0026, the app is running and the drivers are mostly working but no Keyboard lights:(

My guess is The difference between Win7 dll's and Win8 dll's.

That's the Win 7 version for P37xSM-A, there is no newer one for P370SMx for Win 7 than the one you had.

THIS is the one for Win 8.

EDIT: Hot Key v7.0026 was the last Win 7 version made for your model, maybe your installation is just a bit messed up.

My own Hot Key is FUBAR, because I played to much with the W230SS version on W230ST. I may have to re-install Windows at this point. :P

Hi, I'm thinking of flashing the W230SS BIOS. Talking about hotkeys and averything, does anybody knows if thre are diferences between Windows 7 and 8 with this model? I planning to put Win7 (dualbooting Linux Mint also).

Thanks in advance!

Actually I come across another problem. Since few days I have noticed that when I'm compiling something under Linux, CPU temp gets over 90* C. I think it's too high for i7-4800mq, especially as sensors reports 100* C as critical value.

I wonder why CPU fan does not run full speed on lower temps (eg. 80-85* C)? Is there any special BIOS setting for this or do I have to reflash BIOS/etc?

Actually I come across another problem. Since few days I have noticed that when I'm compiling something under Linux, CPU temp gets over 90* C. I think it's too high for i7-4800mq, especially as sensors reports 100* C as critical value.

I wonder why CPU fan does not run full speed on lower temps (eg. 80-85* C)? Is there any special BIOS setting for this or do I have to reflash BIOS/etc?

Hi there,

As far as I understand, Prema actually implemented some constant low speed strategies on BIOS fan configurations. Did you already checked on yours?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic