[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema,

any progress on P1xxEM and 780M? :)

Follow the white phoenix to its purple egg and prove your worth... :)

Hey i just installed premamod on my w230ss. I wanted to tweak my cpu- can anyone tell me what value shall i put under |Processor Current (Limit 1/8 Amp). My cpu is 4810mq

Usually adjusting the "Turbo (Short) Power Max" & "Turbo Time" values should be sufficient to keep it in Turbo. If you have overclocked the CPU then run first run Throttlestop to monitor the Amps it actually uses, then raise the value in BIOS accordingly. The 1/8 means whatever value you put there is divided by 8. So to get 60A you need to set a value of 480.

any one having a problem with Kernel power 41 errors? i keep getting these any time i run my p170em over 4ghz

You may have to bump the TDP values, voltage or Amps via XTU...

Usually adjusting the "Turbo (Short) Power Max" & "Turbo Time" values should be sufficient to keep it in Turbo. If you have overclocked the CPU then run first run Throttlestop to monitor the Amps it actually uses, then raise the value in BIOS accordingly. The 1/8 means whatever value you put there is divided by 8. So to get 60A you need to set a value of 480.

Thx Prema it worked and now i dont need XTU! The problem with w230SS and 4810mq is default Processor Current Limit- its set at 61 A and it needs 85-90A to reach Stock Turbo clock - which is 3.6 Ghz. Limited Trubo is described in this article http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Clevo-W230SS-Schenker-XMG-P304-Barebones-Notebook.113676.0.htm so its not only my laptops issue [ thank god]

Here : stock Proc. Current Limit [61A]

imgur: the simple image sharer

imgur: the simple image sharer

Here: Proc current Limit @ 85A Freq jumped between 3,5-3,6

http://i.imgur.com/SO1Ww8c.png

Hey there,

new user with W230SS (XMG P304) here.

I would like to try out the Premamod Bios for the w230SS but before I do it, I have two little questions:

1) I have 2 mSata SSDs configured as Raid-0 Array (>1000MB read/write performance hehe). Will the Bios-Update destroy the array? I read that I have to reconfigure the Raid after flashing the modded bios, just concernced that it might kill my raid (and the data on it.) If I configure the raid options just as they are now (Raid-0, 128kb stripe) the data will still be accessible right? Or should I back everything up before?

2) Is the HDD Password feature (my mSata SSDs are Samsung 840 EVO with self-encryption-support) usable with Raid-Mode at all? The Bios would just have to give both the HDDs the same password and unlock them before the raid features are used.. but did anyone try this or can someone say whether this would work in combination or not? I would like to full-disk-encrypt the drives, but software slows things down. (ok its not that big off a problem with a ssd raid-0 and i7 4810MQ, but still hardware encryption > software right?)

---

Would be cool if someone could answer those questions - at least the first one =). Just want to make sure I dont fuck up my raid with the modded bios..?!

Hey there,

new user with W230SS (XMG P304) here.

I would like to try out the Premamod Bios for the w230SS but before I do it, I have two little questions:

1) I have 2 mSata SSDs configured as Raid-0 Array (>1000MB read/write performance hehe). Will the Bios-Update destroy the array? I read that I have to reconfigure the Raid after flashing the modded bios, just concernced that it might kill my raid (and the data on it.) If I configure the raid options just as they are now (Raid-0, 128kb stripe) the data will still be accessible right? Or should I back everything up before?

2) Is the HDD Password feature (my mSata SSDs are Samsung 840 EVO with self-encryption-support) usable with Raid-Mode at all? The Bios would just have to give both the HDDs the same password and unlock them before the raid features are used.. but did anyone try this or can someone say whether this would work in combination or not? I would like to full-disk-encrypt the drives, but software slows things down. (ok its not that big off a problem with a ssd raid-0 and i7 4810MQ, but still hardware encryption > software right?)

---

Would be cool if someone could answer those questions - at least the first one =). Just want to make sure I dont fuck up my raid with the modded bios..?!

1. If you set the system back to RAID after the flash (It's in SATA menu inthe Mod BIOS) it should not be required to re-doo the array, but there are sometimes 'hick-ups' so don't take my word for it.

2. It will only ask for the pass of the drive in the main SATA slot on boot. Should be the same in RAID...

all of the sliders in XTU are maxed. i cant move them any higher

Quick question i have the p170sm aka sager NP8278-s is the bios the same for the new p170sm that is posted on the first page?

NO! The NP8278 is a P170SM-A, the NP8270 & NP7275 are P170SM

hello Community,

hello Prema,

yesterday Schenker released a new BIOS 1.03.06

we hop efor a new mod.

greetings from germany

That’s in the OP since quite some time…it only adds an ME update, while the standalone ME Firmware update, which you can also find in the OP, is newer than that anyway.

So it would be a downgrade... ;)

DO NOT UPDATE THE ME FIRMWARE above 9.0.x.xxx IF YOU WANT TO USE BCLK OC!

Hi, it's me, computrace hater. If anyone cares, I solved my problem with UEFI boot. But I can't be sure, maybe it's now running in firmware and I made everything worse (i'm somewhat paranoid about uefi)

Hey prema, I have the p150em modded bios. I wanted to disable hyperthreading to test temperature difference but I cant seem to find cpu configuration menu in your bios anywhere. Has it not been implemented in the bios or am I missing something else?

Hi Prema

Just a question regarding ME FW - I have a P150SM-A and have the following version 9.0.20.1447 but notice in the OP there is now a version ME_9.1.2.1010_Win.rar - My Bios and EC is as your Stock version on OP (P15xSM-A_33_33_Stock.rar) - Can i update this ME FW to the version showing on your OP and also is there any side effects that we should be careful about?

Also i know you don't give ETA, but is the P150SM-A Bios being looked at using your famous mind to produce one of these fantastic BIOS's? i had a look through the whole 167 pages but could not see any notes about it!!

( ill now get back to some easy reading after this thread - LOTR Trilogy!)

Many Thanks

Prema,

Can You make a force option in bios to turn on or off specific color of keyboard led backlight for P170SM or disable/enable that option ?

Nope, lights are controller by the EC, not the BIOS...

Hi, it's me, computrace hater. If anyone cares, I solved my problem with UEFI boot. But I can't be sure, maybe it's now running in firmware and I made everything worse (i'm somewhat paranoid about uefi)

Every Windows installed on a "Low Level Formated" HDD/SSD with a BIOS that has "Anti Theft" disabled by default in UEFI or non UEFI should not show any Computrace activity.

Hey prema, I have the p150em modded bios. I wanted to disable hyperthreading to test temperature difference but I cant seem to find cpu configuration menu in your bios anywhere. Has it not been implemented in the bios or am I missing something else?

Currently that is not available on P-EM...

Hi Prema

Just a question regarding ME FW - I have a P150SM-A and have the following version 9.0.20.1447 but notice in the OP there is now a version ME_9.1.2.1010_Win.rar - My Bios and EC is as your Stock version on OP (P15xSM-A_33_33_Stock.rar) - Can i update this ME FW to the version showing on your OP and also is there any side effects that we should be careful about?

Also i know you don't give ETA, but is the P150SM-A Bios being looked at using your famous mind to produce one of these fantastic BIOS's? i had a look through the whole 167 pages but could not see any notes about it!!

( ill now get back to some easy reading after this thread - LOTR Trilogy!)

Many Thanks

The 9.x standalone ME Firmware can be used for every Clevo Haswell system. It won't alter the ME, just update. So if the ME was modded or stock before it'll remain that way.

There is now a countdown for all P1xxSM-A Mods:

P150SM-A / NP8268 | Prema Mod

Hey there! Awesome work with the Bios mods, I was wondering I recently purchased a Metabox W370SS, is there an equivalent to this? If there isn't consider this a request :P

Place your vote and Voice it here:

VOICE it! | Prema Mod

So at the moment I have to stay with the default limited Bios?

Right now there are only 4 votes for W35xSS & W37xSS combined, while others have hundreds and even for those almost no one makes it worth my time once they get the mods...

So I am not utterly motivated and it is not essentially high up my ToDo list atm... ;)

Where do you get your stock drivers from? The ones on Sagers website seem out of date.

The Clevo specific ones from here:

CLEVO - Download

The others from:

Station-Drivers - Drivers

Or directly from the manufacturer of the components:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Realtek

Drivers ? Synaptics

etc...

Right now there are only 4 votes for W35xSS & W37xSS combined, while others have hundreds and even for those almost no one makes it worth my time once they get the mods...

So I am not utterly motivated and it is not essentially high up my ToDo list atm... ;).

I will pay you for it!, are you aware of any other resources available for the W370SS?

Hi there, I have the P370SM - firstly, thankyou for your work, this looks truly awesome!

Now, I'm an overclocking whore and I hate the artificial lock on the 4700MQ multiplier - what I'd like to know is if flashing this modded BIOS will allow me to tweak my system above the default max multiplier limit.

I'm hoping it does because man, do I want to get my system above 4.0Ghz...

Cheers!

Ok, nevermind - it seems the CPU revisions only work with a certain amount of bins. Nonetheless, I flashed the BIOS and can't argue that you've done a splendid job adding all the different settings, make me feel feel at home since I sold my desktop.

Cheers Prema, nice job!

Now to do the GFX card...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic