[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, I have one Sager NP9150 (P9150EM) with Intel HD 4000 + 7970M ATI after try some graphic cards drivers that broken some games I decide format my pc to install Windows 8.1 with Update 1 but after do all windows updates my laptop start to freeze sometimes blue screen that are not directly relacted to ATI dlls... Then I format again end again trying different OS versions and drivers but now without sucess in make my ATI work again. When ATI drivers are uninstalled everything work good but after install ATI drivers sometimes screen is black during install, sometimes after install, sometimes not black screen but system freeze after start some benchmark app to test graphic card... So I don´t no what to do... Now I am with Windows 7 and drivers that come from Sager website the driver installation are OK but after restart system stuck in windows logo screen... I already try flash PREMA 2T again and get the same result... Please Help ME!

I am using windows 7 with old sager drivers and Prema Mod V2 2T with latest Intel ME, Intel Me drivers are not installed, but i think i already try with drivers installed and nothing change.

The driver update that start with some problems (battlefield 4 sometimes crash and show DX11 error message) is leekm mod for enduro powerexpress... but it´s only a driver and the pc is working with them only some crashes in games because drivers are beta but now I cant install any other driver even formating and trying different versions...

Please Help Me!

Is it possible to disable dGPU with Prema Mod on P170SM? Im planning to use it under Linux as a KVM passthrough device to Windows 8. Actually, unfortunately, Windows complains the device cannot start. I think thats because dGPY gets initialized while powering on and dGPU led is always on for me. I miss BIOS option allowing to set higher priority on iGPU (like on desktop boards), so that it could use it only, while still powering (but not initializing dGPU).

has anyone had problems with overclocking on their p170em? i just got mine back from repair (surge destroyed mobo) and installed prema bios. i cant get anything above 4.0ghz. be for when i was running it i was able to hold 4.4ghz on all cores. anyone have any ideas on how i can achieve this again?

has anyone had problems with overclocking on their p170em? i just got mine back from repair (surge destroyed mobo) and installed prema bios. i cant get anything above 4.0ghz. be for when i was running it i was able to hold 4.4ghz on all cores. anyone have any ideas on how i can achieve this again?

Do you mean you can't set over 4, or over 4 crashes?

Prema, I have one Sager NP9150 (P9150EM) with Intel HD 4000 + 7970M ATI after try some graphic cards drivers that broken some games I decide format my pc to install Windows 8.1 with Update 1 but after do all windows updates my laptop start to freeze sometimes blue screen that are not directly relacted to ATI dlls... Then I format again end again trying different OS versions and drivers but now without sucess in make my ATI work again. When ATI drivers are uninstalled everything work good but after install ATI drivers sometimes screen is black during install, sometimes after install, sometimes not black screen but system freeze after start some benchmark app to test graphic card... So I don´t no what to do... Now I am with Windows 7 and drivers that come from Sager website the driver installation are OK but after restart system stuck in windows logo screen... I already try flash PREMA 2T again and get the same result... Please Help ME!

I am using windows 7 with old sager drivers and Prema Mod V2 2T with latest Intel ME, Intel Me drivers are not installed, but i think i already try with drivers installed and nothing change.

The driver update that start with some problems (battlefield 4 sometimes crash and show DX11 error message) is leekm mod for enduro powerexpress... but it´s only a driver and the pc is working with them only some crashes in games because drivers are beta but now I cant install any other driver even formating and trying different versions...

Please Help Me!

Doesn't sound good for that AMD card...make sure to have chipset and Intel GPU drivers installed before installing AMD driver...

Is it possible to disable dGPU with Prema Mod on P170SM? Im planning to use it under Linux as a KVM passthrough device to Windows 8. Actually, unfortunately, Windows complains the device cannot start. I think thats because dGPY gets initialized while powering on and dGPU led is always on for me. I miss BIOS option allowing to set higher priority on iGPU (like on desktop boards), so that it could use it only, while still powering (but not initializing dGPU).

YES, you can disable the dGPU entirely. But the option you should use for Linux is:

Change Advanced > Switchable Graphics > PX 5.0 Mode > BACO

What did the repair report say? Did they change the mobo or have fun soldering on it?

I once got 5 times the same broken mobo from a Clevo Service Center until I decided to buy a used board on eBay and fixed it myself.

YES, you can disable the dGPU entirely. But the option you should use for Linux is:

What does this option really do?

I have noticed that if i disable dGPU then its completely powered off and not discovered by OS.

What does this option really do?

I have noticed that if i disable dGPU then its completely powered off and not discovered by OS.

BACO (Bus Active Card Off)

dGPU power off (lowest power state).

BACO keeps the GPU "warm" so it is at least still reporting temps so it helps with Linux and also prevents the fan getting "stuck high".

Then there is another option to entirely disable the dGPU, this is helpful for OS X.

Doesn't sound good for that AMD card...make sure to have chipset and Intel GPU drivers installed before installing AMD driver...

What did the repair report say? Did they change the mobo or have fun soldering on it?

I once got 5 times the same broken mobo from a Clevo Service Center until I decided to buy a used board on eBay and fixed it myself.

i am pretty sure its a new mobo. i got my laptop from Malibal. they told me all of my ssd's were destroyed but when i got the laptop back all i had to do was reflash the firmware and now they all work great. if they couldnt figure that out i dont think they could solder a mobo and it still be working lol

Hi Prema

Looking forward to testing/using the BIOS on my new shiny P150SM-A (although it will be after 5 posts! i always get stuck after the first post with what to say :D, ill try and think of 4 jokes).

I'm assuming we need to backup the old bios/download it (although i cannot find it anywhere on the Clevo website (seems a very basic website to me!). Just in case of me doing something wrong! Sorry if this has been asked before, just 165 pages to read through!!

Many Thanks

Hi Prema

Looking forward to testing/using the BIOS on my new shiny P150SM-A (although it will be after 5 posts! i always get stuck after the first post with what to say :D, ill try and think of 4 jokes).

I'm assuming we need to backup the old bios/download it (although i cannot find it anywhere on the Clevo website (seems a very basic website to me!). Just in case of me doing something wrong! Sorry if this has been asked before, just 165 pages to read through!!

Many Thanks

Latest stock BIOS & EC are in the OP, too.

Hello everyone,

I have a clevo w230ss and i've installed the prema bios mod and i have been trying to install osx without success so far. I have followed the instructions in the tutorials for disabling the dgpu, cfg lock and setting uefi to other, and I have tried to atleast see the osx install screen by 3 different ways: osx with clover, the myhack method, and unibeast. Nothing works, I olnly get a kernal panic like in this pic: http://picbug.ru/image-375B_5363A623.jpg In my clevo i have a i7 4810mq.

Any ideas on what to do to get osx working?

Hello everyone,

I have a clevo w230ss and i've installed the prema bios mod and i have been trying to install osx without success so far. I have followed the instructions in the tutorials for disabling the dgpu, cfg lock and setting uefi to other, and I have tried to atleast see the osx install screen by 3 different ways: osx with clover, the myhack method, and unibeast. Nothing works, I olnly get a kernal panic like in this pic: http://picbug.ru/image-375B_5363A623.jpg In my clevo i have a i7 4810mq.

Any ideas on what to do to get osx working?

Try with Mavericks 10.9 (13A603)

MD5: 6179a219e1bf7634fb321fabb8d3288d

;)

hi,

which changes you have made for us?

greetings

All changes of the W230ST and then some, will put up the changelog during the weekend...

Still tweaking some stuff for the W230SS:

nvidia-inspector-gpuz-loaded-860m-oc.jpg

;)

Though they are 'eating' voltage like crazy a lot translates into raw processing power with very little loss into heat...some do 1500Mhz...power draw remains at about 50-60W. ;)

Though there is a larger spread of quality with those chips...it's like NVIDIA's tes-trun.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2994950

Again that's crazy. My 7970m is only 21% faster with double the memory bandwidth, 43% more die area, and twice the power draw.

Hopefully the big GM104 chip clocks sky high as well (and runs on a P150EM).

Hey i just installed premamod on my w230ss. I wanted to tweak my cpu- can anyone tell me what value shall i put under |Processor Current (Limit 1/8 Amp). My cpu is 4810mq

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic