[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema, any chance I could get ya to work on a P170HM bios? I'll do anything I can if you need help. I have both the latest bios and EC from sager. Also, per your recommendation, with a Clevo GTX680M do(or did) you run the Clevo OC edition, or the MSI OV. I can't push the clevo OC past 849 because of the lack of a voltage bump.

Hello dear Prema!

My friend use P170EM,he wan't 780M upgrade,but only Dell card know buy.He ask dell card will good? Need flash clevo vbios or your special bios maybe?

Thanks for answer!

As of now GTX780M on P-EM is a no go...

GTX675M_P1_080v_085v_092v.rar what is this? Is it ICM? or vBios?

vBIOS voltage Mods

Hey Prema, any chance I could get ya to work on a P170HM bios? I'll do anything I can if you need help. I have both the latest bios and EC from sager. Also, per your recommendation, with a Clevo GTX680M do(or did) you run the Clevo OC edition, or the MSI OV. I can't push the clevo OC past 849 because of the lack of a voltage bump.

I don't own a GTX680M, but I would recommend the MSI vBIOS with HM. Don't flash any other than that v33 MSI or Clevo's v29.

If you flash Clevos v33, v67 etc you won't be able to use the card on your P-HM any longer. ;)

Hey Prema,how can I backup the EC? if can I backup EC and BIOS alone?And what tools can I use to backup?

On Haswell you can't. It's hosted directly in the EC controller...

Hi Prema are you still working on the 780M Bios Mod for the P-EM model? Otherwise does anyone know if a 8970M work in a P-EM?

Both YES.

Hi Prema et al,

I'm selling my w350stq, I need to remove the bios mod prior to selling.

Where do I get a non modded bios and then do I follow the normal steps to reflash?

TIA

In the OP. :)

@ Prema

Thank you very much! Do you know if a special vBios is required?

PS: What about the AMD-Drivers? Are they now recomendable?

You need to use the vBIOS (v1 & v3) for the Enduro systems > P1xxSM to run 8970M on p1xxEM

installed it on my P170SM, its working fine! thx

ENJOY! But please just use the THX button in the OP to keep the thread...well 'cleaner'. :)

Thanks a lot!

Dell 680M working P170 EM?

Prema accidentally read that as a 780m, not 680m. I heard from someone with bad English that the dell 680m does work in the P170EM, but I am not certain due to how broken his English was. I know that the dell 7970m does not work.

You need to use the vBIOS (v1 & v3) for the Enduro systems > P1xxSM to run 8970M on p1xxEM

Oh really? There are other vBios versions which are not compatible with the P-EM? I thought that all vBios versions are compatible but good that I asked. :-)

Hi guys! This is my first message...I swear I tried to use google search in forum to find an answer!

I just bought an P370EM without GPU, so I find an gtx770m but seller says that it would not go with this lappy... :culpability:

Could you guys please confirm it? Or link me to a compatibility list of GPU's....

Thanks and sorry for my english!

Hi guys! This is my first message...I swear I tried to use google search in forum to find an answer!

I just bought an P370EM without GPU, so I find an gtx770m but seller says that it would not go with this lappy... :culpability:

Could you guys please confirm it? Or link me to a compatibility list of GPU's....

Thanks and sorry for my english!

Any clevo nvidia 600 series card will work. The cheapest decent card is the 670mx, and the best is the 680m. Dell nvidia cards may work, but it is not confirmed. Dell AMD cards will not work. The clevo AMD 7970m is as good as the 680m and will be cheaper, but only get it if you want just 1 card since crossfire does not work as well as SLI.

Your laptop may or may not have the secondary GPU heatsink if you want to use 2 cards. RJ-tech and sellers on ebay sell this heatsink. You can also buy the heatsink with the card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any clevo nvidia 600 series card will work. The cheapest decent card is the 670mx, and the best is the 680m. Dell nvidia cards may work, but it is not confirmed. Dell AMD cards will not work. The clevo AMD 7970m is as good as the 680m and will be cheaper, but only get it if you want just 1 card since crossfire does not work as well as SLI.

Your laptop may or may not have the secondary GPU heatsink if you want to use 2 cards. RJ-tech and sellers on ebay sell this heatsink. You can also buy the heatsink with the card.

Thanks Khenglish for your quick answer! Don't know why I was shure 770m will fit fine, it have the same 670mx chip... Anyway, the 680m is too much for my needs (video editing) so I'll go for 670mx or 675mx. Thanks again!

Hi, I have the P370EM with single 7970m.

Currently I have :

EC firmware 1.02.09

System BIOS 1.02.08

I had to replace my keyboard, so now i have the keyboard with WIN key on the left.

From downloads I see I would download the K2 version. (P370EMx / NP9370 | Prema Mod)

As I don't have the 3D version i would go for Prema Mod v2 or the Prema Mod v2 - 2T VERSION.

what is the difference between both of them?

which one should I download?

also, what is: full fan speed mode?

is there any good software to control fan speed?

to finish, the idea of flashing this BIOS was hoping I could custom control the fan speed

Thank you

Hello, i dont know if i am in the good topic. Sorry if i dont

I recently bought a new laptop it's a XMG P503. After i install the system i flashed the bios and the firmware with the updates avaible on the mysn.de site.

Then now my Graphic card (AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4096MB GDDR5) is detected in the bios as ATI HD8970M. Under windows it dont work and the integrated intel gpu is not recognize too i only have installed a basic standard vga card.

How do you think i can fix this?

Should i flash the bios or the firmware or both.

Could i use one of your moded bios without risk?

Here is the versions of the bios i tried from xmg site:

P503_BIOS_1.03.01.zip

XMG-P503_BIOS_1.03.01.zip

P503_EC_1.03.01TR.zip > my current bios.

Others infos:

Mb series: P15SM

Bios version: 1.03.01

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01 TR

Thanks

Zwang

Hello,

I upgraded BIOS for W350ST a few days ago, it seems to work fine and the fan isnt close to annoying like it used to be but whenever I open a program that displays information regarding GPU (GTX 765M btw), laptop restarts. So when I open GPU-Z or Geforce Experience or even when I run WEI just for the hell of it, the laptop restarts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers and the problem persists. But when when trying to game (whether BF2 or BF4 etc) the GPU works without any problems. The only programs that dont restart laptop are programs that dont really show much about GPU expect maybe name (like CPU Z) or Nvidia Inspector

Hi Prema, I'm contemplating flashing in your bios mod for my Sager NP9150 (Clevo P150EM) but had a couple of questions.

Firstly, I have the following BIOS and EC versions on my computer:

BIOS: 1.02.14bLS2

EC: 1.02.11SA

Is there any flashing I would need to do first or can I just flash your BIOS directly?

I don't fully understand all of the features in your post but what benefits would I get/see from flashing your BIOS? Is all overclocking and timing adjustment only through intel XTU? Or is some of that available in the BIOS itself?

Are there any incompatibility issues with Windows 8?

Also, unrelated side note, if I wanted to run RAM at 1866MHz, do I need to buy 1866 RAM or can 1600 be overclocked?

Thanks!

Hi, I have the P370EM with single 7970m.

Currently I have :

EC firmware 1.02.09

System BIOS 1.02.08

I had to replace my keyboard, so now i have the keyboard with WIN key on the left.

From downloads I see I would download the K2 version. (P370EMx / NP9370 | Prema Mod)

As I don't have the 3D version i would go for Prema Mod v2 or the Prema Mod v2 - 2T VERSION.

what is the difference between both of them?

which one should I download?

also, what is: full fan speed mode?

is there any good software to control fan speed?

to finish, the idea of flashing this BIOS was hoping I could custom control the fan speed

Thank you

The P370EM v2 K2 is the correct one for your system,

T2 is only to stabilize difficult RAM.

Full FAN mode manually pushes the FANs to 100%. Very useful during encoding work to keep the CPU from 'over-throttling' and in any heavy use / high heat scenario to cool the system down.

Hello, i dont know if i am in the good topic. Sorry if i dont

I recently bought a new laptop it's a XMG P503. After i install the system i flashed the bios and the firmware with the updates avaible on the mysn.de site.

Then now my Graphic card (AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4096MB GDDR5) is detected in the bios as ATI HD8970M. Under windows it dont work and the integrated intel gpu is not recognize too i only have installed a basic standard vga card.

How do you think i can fix this?

Should i flash the bios or the firmware or both.

Could i use one of your moded bios without risk?

Here is the versions of the bios i tried from xmg site:

P503_BIOS_1.03.01.zip

XMG-P503_BIOS_1.03.01.zip

P503_EC_1.03.01TR.zip > my current bios.

Others infos:

Mb series: P15SM

Bios version: 1.03.01

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01 TR

Thanks

Zwang

Those are all older BIOS, just use the v3 Modor latest stock packages from the OP or my blog to safely flash everything in one go to latest revisions.

After that your GPU will also report as M290X again.

Hello,

I upgraded BIOS for W350ST a few days ago, it seems to work fine and the fan isnt close to annoying like it used to be but whenever I open a program that displays information regarding GPU (GTX 765M btw), laptop restarts. So when I open GPU-Z or Geforce Experience or even when I run WEI just for the hell of it, the laptop restarts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers and the problem persists. But when when trying to game (whether BF2 or BF4 etc) the GPU works without any problems. The only programs that dont restart laptop are programs that dont really show much about GPU expect maybe name (like CPU Z) or Nvidia Inspector

You may have had an older BIOS version before under which Windows was installed.

Make sure to also update the Intel GPU and chipset driver as well as Clevo's Hot Key Software.

Hi Prema, I'm contemplating flashing in your bios mod for my Sager NP9150 (Clevo P150EM) but had a couple of questions.

Firstly, I have the following BIOS and EC versions on my computer:

BIOS: 1.02.14bLS2

EC: 1.02.11SA

Is there any flashing I would need to do first or can I just flash your BIOS directly?

I don't fully understand all of the features in your post but what benefits would I get/see from flashing your BIOS? Is all overclocking and timing adjustment only through intel XTU? Or is some of that available in the BIOS itself?

Are there any incompatibility issues with Windows 8?

Also, unrelated side note, if I wanted to run RAM at 1866MHz, do I need to buy 1866 RAM or can 1600 be overclocked?

Thanks!

You can directly flash the Mod. :)

On that model you will gain Intel XTU Software support for OCing and general longer, higher and sustained performance.

The RAM can be OCedvia XTU, too.

ENJOY! :)

When I soft reboot my system, it power cycles twice - Anyone else have this issue.

BIOS Information

Vendor: Prema Mod

Version: 1.02.17PM v2

Release Date: 07/01/2013

Address: 0xF0000

Runtime Size: 64 kB

ROM Size: 4096 kB

hi prema, found a ram issue but im not sure it's a bug of ur bios or not

when i oc my ram from 1600 to 1866@11/11/11/28, set directly in bios or using XTU, my 157sm will boot all right at the first time, but i found that the ram will be set@6/6/6/14, a crazy setting, and my pc wont start up if i dont change the ram setting to 11/11/11/28 again

so the problem is that ram setting in bios wont stay at the value i set, it will auto jump to 6/6/6/14 after reboot, i wonder if u can check this issue

many thx

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic