[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, can you remove the computrace rootkit? It was in my W170ER and apparently it's in the mod too. I never used it, and even if I wanted I have no idea how to. rpcnetp just keeps appearing and it's a security hole.

Prema, can you remove the computrace rootkit? It was in my W170ER and apparently it's in the mod too. I never used it, and even if I wanted I have no idea how to. rpcnetp just keeps appearing and it's a security hole.

Just disable Anti Theft if you don't want to use it...

Hey Prema,

I've recently upgraded to your Bios Mod (for my W230ST), and loved it almost immediately. I didn't actually change much of the settings, but still, it was awesome compared to what I had before (concerning noise). Although, until today, there wasn't a single issue. Now I think something went wrong. After Windows BSOD'd (I assume this is the cause, I don't recall anything else important happening... [decided to run speedfan]), I realized once the computer restarted the dedicated GPU simply wasn't there anymore. I assumed this was something with Windows. I wasn't able to reinstall drivers. Odd. Booted up Mint, and noticed that the penguin didn't see the card either. Finally, I checked in the BIOS, my GTX 675M isn't recognized in the dGPU tab either. So now I'm at a loss, is it possible that the card died due to some unfortunate incident concerning the modified BIOS, or was it simply something unrelated. Anyway, the integrated card works fine for the time being, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to solve this issue. I'm planning to eventually flash to stock, hope it works, and if it doesn't, RMA (hopefully I won't get denied :\).

Thanks,

Hey Prema,

I've recently upgraded to your Bios Mod (for my W230ST), and loved it almost immediately. I didn't actually change much of the settings, but still, it was awesome compared to what I had before (concerning noise). Although, until today, there wasn't a single issue. Now I think something went wrong. After Windows BSOD'd (I assume this is the cause, I don't recall anything else important happening... [decided to run speedfan]), I realized once the computer restarted the dedicated GPU simply wasn't there anymore. I assumed this was something with Windows. I wasn't able to reinstall drivers. Odd. Booted up Mint, and noticed that the penguin didn't see the card either. Finally, I checked in the BIOS, my GTX 675M isn't recognized in the dGPU tab either. So now I'm at a loss, is it possible that the card died due to some unfortunate incident concerning the modified BIOS, or was it simply something unrelated. Anyway, the integrated card works fine for the time being, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to solve this issue. I'm planning to eventually flash to stock, hope it works, and if it doesn't, RMA (hopefully I won't get denied :\).

Thanks,

Do a full Power Cycle. Remove Battery and AC Power for like a minute and press the power button.

After that put it back together...

Hi, Prema

eh... I'm planning to have a W230ST, but concerned about its outrageous CPU temp. I don't have any performance requirement on the CPU. Just want to use the 765M to run CUDA program.

I have seen several posts to turn off Turbo or reduce 121mv. Just want to know if these options were covered in your BIOS. And any significant temp reduction?

On my way towards 5 posts...

Hi,

I'm new in the Clevo universe, and I own a clevo W350ST. I'd like to fix the fan issue, and I know you're talking about the EC to fix it, but I don't know what an EC is.

Is it the only way to do it ? what is this thing exactly ? where should I download it ? and finally, should I flash it like a Bios ?

Thank you guys for your answer, and ty Prema for doing all these things !

Ps : I'm using a stock Bios.

Do a full Power Cycle. Remove Battery and AC Power for like a minute and press the power button.

After that put it back together...

Gracias, I did that after my moment of panic haha, good to know nothing actually happened (I actually felt really silly afterwards... >~>). Thanks for the quick response, out of curiosity, do you know why that odd bug happens?

I have the P170EM, which I would like some info on re the BIOS settings.

Have attached screen capture, after say KBC/EC the numbers are like this 1.00.11SA.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but when some here are writing about BIOS upgrades etc, I do not see any mention of letters after the numbers.

is there any actual reason for this, or is it just standard, that letters follow the bios version.

My BIOS revision is 1.02.14BNS1, is this normal for BIOS or is changed to something else after and upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

post-24164-14494997343152_thumb.jpg

Hello Prema.

I'm currently using an ES 2920XM stepping 5 in my P150EM.

Khenglish kindly sent me the BIOS you made with hardcoded CPU Overclock (multiplier x41 @all 4 core I think here: https://mega.co.nz/#!KJpGASxb!DrNix_UbO5TQgO11bGh6n6OHuk9vdeG4FdLz-D8m1GI )

How can I change the multiplier to x40 x37 x35 x35 ?

And the Bios he sent me is something *.ROM (teuing.ROM)

The BIOS you usually have is *.PM2. Is it safe to rename the extension to .PM2 or I can just flash it with *.ROM extension

Thank you in advance for any kind of help.

Cheers.

-Gustav

Hello Prema.

I'm currently using an ES 2920XM stepping 5 in my P150EM.

Khenglish kindly sent me the BIOS you made with hardcoded CPU Overclock (multiplier x41 @all 4 core I think here: https://mega.co.nz/#!KJpGASxb!DrNix_UbO5TQgO11bGh6n6OHuk9vdeG4FdLz-D8m1GI )

How can I change the multiplier to x40 x37 x35 x35 ?

And the Bios he sent me is something *.ROM (teuing.ROM)

The BIOS you usually have is *.PM2. Is it safe to rename the extension to .PM2 or I can just flash it with *.ROM extension

Thank you in advance for any kind of help.

Cheers.

-Gustav

You can lower multipliers fine with throttlestop or XTU. The problem is raising them, which can only be done in BIOS for this CPU. The x41 is conservative. Mine does x43 stable. The file extension doesn't matter. He uses PM2 for "Prema Mod v2" I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see that P3xxSMx the has two versions. Do I have to install version 1 then 2, or will version 2 alone have all the additions that 1 came with? Like is there some sort of installation order?

Lastly, I like the Sager load logo, would disabling the boot logo switch back to this instead of the modded logo or would it just not have one altogether?

Hi, Prema

eh... I'm planning to have a W230ST, but concerned about its outrageous CPU temp. I don't have any performance requirement on the CPU. Just want to use the 765M to run CUDA program.

I have seen several posts to turn off Turbo or reduce 121mv. Just want to know if these options were covered in your BIOS. And any significant temp reduction?

On my way towards 5 posts...

This model requires Intel XTU Software to lower the CPU voltages. The GPU voltages are fixed atm...but if you only use the dGPU with regular load on the CPU you won't see any temp throttle anyway.

(They share a heat-sink).

Hi,

I'm new in the Clevo universe, and I own a clevo W350ST. I'd like to fix the fan issue, and I know you're talking about the EC to fix it, but I don't know what an EC is.

Is it the only way to do it ? what is this thing exactly ? where should I download it ? and finally, should I flash it like a Bios ?

Thank you guys for your answer, and ty Prema for doing all these things !

Ps : I'm using a stock Bios.

I am going to upload a Mod with a newer EC soon. Then just flash the whole Mod package and your FAN will be fine, too.

EDIT: DONE! The Mod now includes the latest EC v 1.03.02

ENJOY! :)

Gracias, I did that after my moment of panic haha, good to know nothing actually happened (I actually felt really silly afterwards... >~>). Thanks for the quick response, out of curiosity, do you know why that odd bug happens?

NVIDIAs driver magic/mess? :P

I have the P170EM, which I would like some info on re the BIOS settings.

Have attached screen capture, after say KBC/EC the numbers are like this 1.00.11SA.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but when some here are writing about BIOS upgrades etc, I do not see any mention of letters after the numbers.

is there any actual reason for this, or is it just standard, that letters follow the bios version.

My BIOS revision is 1.02.14BNS1, is this normal for BIOS or is changed to something else after and upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

The letters are just branding made for specific vendors, the BIOS base are almost identical. so YES you are good to use the Mod. ENJOY! :)

I see that P3xxSMx the has two versions. Do I have to install version 1 then 2, or will version 2 alone have all the additions that 1 came with? Also, would it matter if I had an Nvidia or ATI card for my system?

Lastly, I like the Sager load logo, would disabling the boot logo switch back to this instead of the modded logo or would it just not have one altogether?

v1 is only for the 3D screen model, you have to flash the v2 if you own the regular system.

(Clevo still hasn't released the GTX880M supported 3D BIOS update, so I am also waiting with the Mod update)

You can lower multipliers fine with throttlestop or XTU. The problem is raising them, which can only be done in BIOS for this CPU. The x41 is conservative. Mine does x43 stable. The file extension doesn't matter. He uses PM2 for "Prema Mod v2" I think.

Thank you Khenglish.

You & Prema really helped me a lot.

But there are still some question about the BIOS going in my mind.

1. It stated x41 mutiplier (@ all cores right?). Does it include the TDP settings or should I edit my own TDP settings it in XTU right after I flash the corresponding BIOS?

2. How do you flash the bios? Is it the same as how we flash Prema's BIOS? (MEReset followed by the BIOS Flash)

I just need to be careful and not to rush things because right now I'm really excited (LOL).

I know there are chances i'll brick my laptop if i'm being careless about it.

-Gustav

Hello, I have a Clevo 370ET with BIOS version 04.06.05. (Is this a good version?)

What could I expect from updating my BIOS?

Other then that I wonder if is possible that my 2.0 usb can start working and/or audio device detection trough my 4.5mm audo jack. I have never modified the BIOS of a computer before and therefore don't know what I can expect from it. I'm interested in geting a better knowledge. I've read the posts here and see that you put a lot of time into this and I give you lots of creds for such contribution.

Regards

New registered user, Michael.

v1 is only for the 3D screen model, you have to flash the v2 if you own the regular system.

(Clevo still hasn't released the GTX880M supported 3D BIOS update, so I am also waiting with the Mod update)

I see, so since I have the NP9380-S, I should go with V1 then. Thanks.

I'm still running with dual 780M's though, will V2 stop my 3D from working?

Thank you Khenglish.

1. It stated x41 mutiplier (@ all cores right?). Does it include the TDP settings or should I edit my own TDP settings it in XTU right after I flash the corresponding BIOS?

2. How do you flash the bios? Is it the same as how we flash Prema's BIOS? (MEReset followed by the BIOS Flash)

I just need to be careful and not to rush things because right now I'm really excited (LOL).

-Gustav

Rename the file to the filename of the regular Mod BIOS file and flash it the same way.

Hello, I have a Clevo 370ET with BIOS version 04.06.05. (Is this a good version?)

What could I expect from updating my BIOS?

Other then that I wonder if is possible that my 2.0 usb can start working and/or audio device detection trough my 4.5mm audo jack. I have never modified the BIOS of a computer before and therefore don't know what I can expect from it. I'm interested in geting a better knowledge. I've read the posts here and see that you put a lot of time into this and I give you lots of creds for such contribution.

Regards

New registered user, Michael.

Just flash the Mod, it's based on a more recent BIOS & EC so should fix everything BIOS related.

Do you have support for P151SM1 (NP8230)?

YES, same as P15xSM.

I see, so since I have the NP9380-S, I should go with V1 then. Thanks. But will using V2 with 780M's stop my 3D from working?

No, only if you have the screen for 3D glasses.

No, only if you have the screen for 3D glasses.

Have the 120Hz screen and the glasses, so stick with the V1. Gotcha, thanks. Sorry if the questions are all samey. Haven't flashed anything but a vbios before and I don't wanna make a mistake.

Used V1 and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks a bunch.

Guess maybe I posted this in the wrong place before. I flashed the newest EC/Bios files prior to flashing the PM but still seeing EC as v1.00.11PM

post-24212-14494997350693_thumb.jpg

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Laptop is a Sager NP9170

Thank you Khenglish.

-Gustav

MESET isn't needed since the ME FW is not being flashed. AFUDOS can flash the BIOS just like in Prema's mods.

I did not alter the TDP. XTU can change the TDP, but throttlestop is better at it for your CPU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rename the file to the filename of the regular Mod BIOS file and flash it the same way.
MESET isn't needed since the ME FW is not being flashed. AFUDOS can flash the BIOS just like in Prema's mods.

I did not alter the TDP. XTU can change the TDP, but throttlestop is better at it for your CPU.

So I just need straight to x.bat usually included in Prema BIos Flash?

(afudos P15E1711.PM2 /E /P /B /N /X /SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4)

No need to do step2.bat in which has:

fpt -f P15E1711.PM2 -me

Am I correct? Of course I will rename the BIOS file to match the batch file.

-Gustav

PS : I am running Prema Mod V2 with FN+9 (K1) EC right now.

Just to make sure.

Hey Prema! Awesome work on the stuff you've put out, however I'm looking for your famed bios in a P170HM flavor! I noticed you had a project to mod the bios, but I can't locate a DL for anything. I've seen the great unlocked bios' you've put out, and I was wondering if it's possible to also get rid of the double splash screen issue upon boot.

Thanks prema!

So I just need straight to x.bat usually included in Prema BIos Flash?

(afudos P15E1711.PM2 /E /P /B /N /X /SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4)

No need to do step2.bat in which has:

fpt -f P15E1711.PM2 -me

Am I correct? Of course I will rename the BIOS file to match the batch file.

-Gustav

PS : I am running Prema Mod V2 with FN+9 (K1) EC right now.

Just to make sure.

If you are already using the modded ME then flashing the BIOS is enough (in your case the x.bat).

Hey Prema! Awesome work on the stuff you've put out, however I'm looking for your famed bios in a P170HM flavor! I noticed you had a project to mod the bios, but I can't locate a DL for anything. I've seen the great unlocked bios' you've put out, and I was wondering if it's possible to also get rid of the double splash screen issue upon boot.

Thanks prema!

I never actually got arround to release something for the HM...

Big thanks , Prema and yours mod BIOS. I found you searching in google.

The last update v1 to v2 increasse permormance in computer, mainly the GTX 780M. I test sleeping dogs using v1, sometime is not fluid. Using v2....the game is always fast. Amaizing.

Thanks for you work. When solved problem paypal give a gift you.

THX! ENJOY :)

If you are already using the modded ME then flashing the BIOS is enough (in your case the x.bat).

I never actually got arround to release something for the HM...

THX! ENJOY :)

I had a feeling that was the case :s. Ah well. Thanks anyway! I upgraded to the GTX 680M in this machine and was trying to squeeze a little more power out of her since we all know sager bios' are pretty poorly optimized.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic