[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I would't flash that backup. ;)

...Terrans Force offers the same stock Clevo BIOS & EC in their official support Forum as the ones in the OP here...so if you have a hardware problem that will be good enough for them when sending it in.

I would try the v2 Mod first as it flashes everything and resets your NVRAM in case it got corrupted along the way...

I've flashed to v2 mod, and the camera sometimes has been shown in Device Manager, sometimes not.

Don't know what the reason is, it's strange but I would not like to be entangled with it anymore...

Thanks for your efforts.

I've flashed to v2 mod, and the camera sometimes has been shown in Device Manager, sometimes not.

Don't know what the reason is, it's strange but I would not like to be entangled with it anymore...

Thanks for your efforts.

Sounds like a broken cable...had the same on my W110ER

Did you change CSM settings? Like forcing UEFI vBIOS in non UEFI mode? Are you using fastboot or is an external screen connected, too?

Please load setup defaults, save and exit and confirm that it looks the same...

no.. never change any setting in bios, i also tried to load setup default but looks the same! no ext. monitor connected

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

no.. never change any setting in bios, i also tried to load setup default but looks the same! no ext. monitor connected

That's not cool. To iron out your Windows installation > Anyone else can confirm that non UEFI mode boot logo looks like this on P370SM v2?

EDIT: You are using Win 8.x, right? If not set OS to "Other"

Also, you used v1 of my Mod on your P370SM, too. Did it look the same for you?

That's not cool. To iron out your Windows installation > Anyone else can confirm that non UEFI mode boot logo looks like this on P370SM v2?

EDIT: You are using Win 8.x, right? If not set OS to "Other"

Also, you used v1 of my Mod on your P370SM, too. Did it look the same for you?

i try to reistall the os (win 8.x) with UEFI. Now the logo appears correcltly.

So the problem is in Non Uefi mode logo

i try to reistall the os (win 8.x) with UEFI. Now the logo appears correcltly.

So the problem is in Non Uefi mode logo

Check your Email!

Did you do the vBIOS update on 8970M? There was a bug in the older versions. It's in the third post of the OP!

It should be version BR44618.005 in order to work correctly on P37xSM

Check your Email!

Did you do the vBIOS update on 8970M? There was a bug in the older versions. It's in the third post of the OP!

It should be version BR44618.005 in order to work correctly on P37xSM

no :) i never update vbios on 8970m too!!

so... i should make a vbios update to solve!!

OK, we fixed Clevos P37xSM non UEFI Logo Bug. THX@sl44n3sh for testing! :)

P370SM & P375SM Mods now updated in the OP!

ENJOY!

Hey Prema,

I just recently found out about your BIOS mod, and well, am really tempted to flash it because of the endless fan noise. However, I haven't really done any BIOS flashes before and can't really find any specific warnings from my lurking around. So, just to make sure that I wouldn't brick W230ST from Sager from an instant v2 flash.

Currently I have:

ME: 9.0.20.1372

BIOS: 1.00.05LS1

EC: 1.00.04

So, would I be able to instantly just flash the v2, or are there other steps I have to go by first?

Thanks,

WaffleZ

Hey Prema,

I just recently found out about your BIOS mod, and well, am really tempted to flash it because of the endless fan noise. However, I haven't really done any BIOS flashes before and can't really find any specific warnings from my lurking around. So, just to make sure that I wouldn't brick W230ST from Sager from an instant v2 flash.

Currently I have:

ME: 9.0.20.1372

BIOS: 1.00.05LS1

EC: 1.00.04

So, would I be able to instantly just flash the v2, or are there other steps I have to go by first?

Thanks,

WaffleZ

Wow, that's an old BIOS/EC...but there are no versions on this model that can't be updated directly from.

Just follow the included readme file and you will be fine!

ENJOY! :)

Open petition to Clevo!!!

Premamod Bios as official "stock bios" on every Clevo Notebook!!!!!! ????

....If u have a Clevo notebook without Premamod Bios... u have only half notebook!! :D :D

Wow, that's an old BIOS/EC...but there are no versions on this model that can't be updated directly from.

Just follow the included readme file and you will be fine!

ENJOY! :)

Yeah, I haven't really updated the BIOS ever since I got the machine since I never really found "easy/automatic" ways to do so, and was never really bothered to do so anyway...until simply patching Guild Wars sounded like a nuclear device activating. Anyway, then I'll get right to it and update to v2 ;D!

Thanks!

Open petition to Clevo!!!

Premamod Bios as official "stock bios" on every Clevo Notebook!!!!!! 

....If u have a Clevo notebook without Premamod Bios... u have only half notebook!! :D :D

THX! :)

You can already purchase your Clevo directly with a custom/branded version of my Mod and covered by their warranty from one of our growing family of Prema Mod Partner Shops:

PARTNER SHOPS | Prema Mod

Fantastic! no warranty lost!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

My next notebook will be from your partner shop!! :D

When I bought my W230ST, I only installed windows and all the drivers. After that I installed prema v1 bios.

I didn't use the stock bios for long and was amazed with the differences it made.

My gf house is right next door to the distributor that sold it to me, so if anything went wrong... I would've simply exchanged the laptop 1 hour after purchasing it lol.

Hey Perma,

New on this site, so maybe a newb question.. If one of your bios mods bricks my P170SM, would it be possible to buy a new bios chip and fix it?

Second, i got Bios version 1.00.09 and EC 1.00.04 now, should i just download the v2 bios for this model and flash right away?

Btw.. what should i use the

MD5 code for?

Hey Prema,

Have you looked at the issue with my CPU being locked?

I'll be on holiday from tomorrow onwards, will check it afterwards... ;)

Hey Perma,

New on this site, so maybe a newb question.. If one of your bios mods bricks my P170SM, would it be possible to buy a new bios chip and fix it?

Second, i got Bios version 1.00.09 and EC 1.00.04 now, should i just download the v2 bios for this model and flash right away?

Btw.. what should i use the

MD5 code for?

Yeah you can directly use the Mod, just follow the readme.

You could program the BIOS chip with a programmer or get one pre-flashed from svl7...

MD5 code is just for verification that the file din't get corrupted during the download. :)

I'll be on holiday from tomorrow onwards, will check it afterwards... ;)

My Clevo is almost ready... And damn I miss it..

Enjoy your vacations Prema and a big hug from me (you know who I am xD)

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

OK, we fixed Clevos P37xSM non UEFI Logo Bug. THX@sl44n3sh for testing! :)

P370SM & P375SM Mods now updated in the OP!

ENJOY!

Hey Prema.

Enjoy your holiday bud. I wanted to try your custom bios for the CLEVO P370SM. Is there any way to flash save the stock bios or a way flash the bios to stock in case of a return for RMA? I would like to get a custom bios with a custom picture startup screen. What are the requirements to send you a private message to see if you can do this for me? Thanks.

I just uploaded a new version of the P1xxSM Mods with a little tweak that let's you get rid of the stock BIOS 'BUG' that keeps the dGPU FAN spinning even after it is no longer in use. (Totally spaced it the first round) :D

Set the option under "Advanced" > "Switchable Graphics" > "PX 5.0 Mode" to "BACO"

This is supposed to turn off the fan when the dedicated GPU is on standby, right?

I set the option to BACO and the fan is still on.

Edit: I had to reinstall the drivers after the BIOS update, it's fine now.

Hey Prema.

Enjoy your holiday bud. I wanted to try your custom bios for the CLEVO P370SM. Is there any way to flash save the stock bios or a way flash the bios to stock in case of a return for RMA? I would like to get a custom bios with a custom picture startup screen. What are the requirements to send you a private message to see if you can do this for me? Thanks.

"fpt -d backup.rom" after running MESET.exe will backup your whole flash image. Prema also has stock images in the first post.

Hey Prema.

Carefull with flashing backups!

If you flash an old BIOS backup to a new EC (which we can not backup) it will brick your system...use the stock BIOS offered here or on the blog instead.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic