[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema Mod v1.1 for P15xSM & P17xSM now in the OP.

Changelog:

- Added SATA Options (sorry, forgot them in v1)

- Sata RAID updated to v13.1.0.2030 (Lagacy & UEFI)

- Updated Intel GOPdriver to v5.0.1036

- Updated Realtek EFI UNDI to v2.024

- Added silent & cool EC FAN option to the installer

ENJOY! :)

Hey, I tried to update to v1.1 But during the flash, all of a sudden the screen had text spamming downward and I couldn't click anything and it wouldn't end so I hit the power button. From what I could read in the text it said something like EC 1 or 2 over and over scrolling across my screen. My machine still booted so I guess I'm OK?

I read that you have "fixed" the hdmi audio issue but its still there..(or this might be something else)

I was gaming and hearing sound, but then I opened a flash video stream and that wanted to play audio on a different output which I don't even use..

And that also broke my normal aux audio so I didn't hear any thing at all anymore, a reboot fixed the issue but it was really odd.

(p150em)

Hey' date=' I tried to update to v1.1 But during the flash, all of a sudden the screen had text spamming downward and I couldn't click anything and it wouldn't end so I hit the power button. From what I could read in the text it said something like EC 1 or 2 over and over scrolling across my screen. My machine still booted so I guess I'm OK?[/quote']

Same thing happened to me when I updated to v1.1

I read that you have "fixed" the hdmi audio issue but its still there..(or this might be something else)

I was gaming and hearing sound, but then I opened a flash video stream and that wanted to play audio on a different output which I don't even use..

And that also broke my normal aux audio so I didn't hear any thing at all anymore, a reboot fixed the issue but it was really odd.

(p150em)

What was fixed was a "no audio via HDMI" problem. What you have sounds like a "confused driver issue". Update audio, Intel GPU and NVIDIA driver. :)

Hey' date=' I tried to update to v1.1 But during the flash, all of a sudden the screen had text spamming downward and I couldn't click anything and it wouldn't end so I hit the power button. From what I could read in the text it said something like EC 1 or 2 over and over scrolling across my screen. My machine still booted so I guess I'm OK?[/quote']
Same thing happened to me when I updated to v1.1

Since you didn't select "1" or "2" it didn't flash the EC, which means you now still have the "cool" EC which was already part of PM v1.

EDIT: OK, I found the batch file not to be compatible under certain conditions. I have now simplified and updated the files in OP and on the blog. Sorry for the trouble.

ENJOY! :)

hi prema

just updated ur v1.1 bios for 157sm

but still no ram voltage control options

can u add it? not just a ddr3/ddr3l option

thank you in advance

That's all there is (only DDR3L 1.35v and DDR3 1.5v, which also requires proper SPD to work).

I recently bought a Sager NP9390-S (Clevo P375SM) with the 8970M Crossfire and the I7 4700MQ w/ Intel HD 4600 Graphics, Will this let me enable the igpu on it?

Never done bios update on a laptop but can't be much different from a desktop. Here is some info i found in my bios(to assist me on correct download):

FW 9.0.20.1447

Bios 1.03.01LS1

KBC/EC FW Rev 1.00.05

What you mean by proper SPD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is what he meant, but you can change your memory's voltage with the SPD by changing byte 6. 0x00 is 1.5V, and 0x02 is 1.35V.

The thing is most memory does not have a writable spd though.

Hello Prema, first things first:

-Sorry for my bad english

-Congratulation for your work, people like you give a greater lifespawn and value to everything they work on, so thank you.

Today I've tried for the first time your bios on my P150SM, I really loved some of its features but I couldn't help but notice a bug with the AMD video card.

Under certain circumstances (for example using the latest drivers and starting Adobe Photoshop or changing resolution of a game) a bug will trigger and force the videocard to 100% load even in idle; there won't be problems performance wise but the GPU will get very hot and force the fan to ramp up even for very light loads.

This is an old problem that sometimes comes back, the italian reseller (Santech) of my Clevo solved it with a firmware update to 01.03.01 (as far as I know it should be the stock Clevo firmware, just with a different logo).

I'll give you some more informations about my system and what triggers the bug:

OS: Windows 8.1 (but the bug shows up with 8 as well, I don't know about 7)

CPU: Intel i7 4700qm

Ram: 2x8gb 1600mhz DDR3L

GPU: AMD HD8970m

To reproduce the problem you have to:

-Have an AMD driver older than 13.6, from 13,8 beta the problem is always present.

-Have ULPS (amd ultra low power state) enabled.

-Start certain progrems (Photoshop is one, but also Borderlands 2 splash screen gives problems) OR change video mode (eg. change the resolution of the game or switch from fullscreen to windowed mode).

I don't know if this can help you out but with the working bios I noticed that when the dGPU is off afterburner reads certain values to the max possible (511°c for temperature, 200% for load), while using any other bios it reads 0.

I'm certain that the 100% load problem is not just a reading error bc of the temperatures.

If you wish I'll pm you the older (bug affected) and new (bug free) bioses from the italian reseller; at the moment I switched back to the original firmware because of this bug.

I recently bought a Sager NP9390-S (Clevo P375SM) with the 8970M Crossfire and the I7 4700MQ w/ Intel HD 4600 Graphics, Will this let me enable the igpu on it?

Never done bios update on a laptop but can't be much different from a desktop. Here is some info i found in my bios(to assist me on correct download):

FW 9.0.20.1447

Bios 1.03.01LS1

KBC/EC FW Rev 1.00.05

The Intel GPU is phisacally not connected to the display, so while we could enable it via a BIOS Mod you won't get any output. Clevo had to make this choice as the iGPU doesn't play well with 120Hz and SLI...

What you mean by proper SPD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you read out the SPD with Thaiphoon Burner there is a tab called "Supported Voltage Levels", it has to show "1.5/1.3v".

Hello Prema, first things first:

-Sorry for my bad english

-Congratulation for your work, people like you give a greater lifespawn and value to everything they work on, so thank you.

Today I've tried for the first time your bios on my P150SM, I really loved some of its features but I couldn't help but notice a bug with the AMD video card.

Under certain circumstances (for example using the latest drivers and starting Adobe Photoshop or changing resolution of a game) a bug will trigger and force the videocard to 100% load even in idle; there won't be problems performance wise but the GPU will get very hot and force the fan to ramp up even for very light loads.

This is an old problem that sometimes comes back, the italian reseller (Santech) of my Clevo solved it with a firmware update to 01.03.01 (as far as I know it should be the stock Clevo firmware, just with a different logo).

I'll give you some more informations about my system and what triggers the bug:

OS: Windows 8.1 (but the bug shows up with 8 as well, I don't know about 7)

CPU: Intel i7 4700qm

Ram: 2x8gb 1600mhz DDR3L

GPU: AMD HD8970m

To reproduce the problem you have to:

-Have an AMD driver older than 13.6, from 13,8 beta the problem is always present.

-Have ULPS (amd ultra low power state) enabled.

-Start certain progrems (Photoshop is one, but also Borderlands 2 splash screen gives problems) OR change video mode (eg. change the resolution of the game or switch from fullscreen to windowed mode).

I don't know if this can help you out but with the working bios I noticed that when the dGPU is off afterburner reads certain values to the max possible (511°c for temperature, 200% for load), while using any other bios it reads 0.

I'm certain that the 100% load problem is not just a reading error bc of the temperatures.

If you wish I'll pm you the older (bug affected) and new (bug free) bioses from the italian reseller; at the moment I switched back to the original firmware because of this bug.

The BIOS has all the 8970M fixes, but you may have to update the vBIOS, too. What is the current version shown in GPU-Z?

The BIOS has all the 8970M fixes, but you may have to update the vBIOS, too. What is the current version shown in GPU-Z?

GPU-Z reports 015.032.000.003.044465 (BR44465.003) as Bios Version

GPU-Z reports 015.032.000.003.044465 (BR44465.003) as Bios Version

That's the shipping vBIOS. Clevo has pushed updates for P37xSM and P570SM. They are in the OP, but I am not sure if they work on the Enduro P1xxSM. There is also a v007...

Which version are others using with P1xxSM, any experiences here?

Dear Prema, can you give us (P1x0EM owners), please, some info? Is the hope still alive? The hope to use 780m in P1x0EM?

Thank you very much!

I'll get back to it after the P37xSMx Mods are done...

That's the shipping vBIOS. Clevo has pushed updates for P37xSM and P570SM. They are in the OP, but I am not sure if they work on the Enduro P1xxSM. There is also a v007...

Probably update the vBIOS is a good idea (still: I wouldn't take the risk to update it with something that isn't specifically done for Enduro machines) but with that vBIOS the card works just fine as long as I use the Santech's 01.03.01 BIOS, so I guess that at least there is the possibility to have a workaround.

I have sometimes that I cant change the BLCK in XTU, just like now, when it does work I can set it to 104 etc. But when it doesn't the option is completely missing.

I don't use sleep or use battery power so im really confused as why I cant see the option...

Some reason the passwords are not working

Im trying to get into the w230st file and wont let me entered both passes and neither working out :/

EDIT:

Never mind I have figured out why my error

Thank you again will have fun with this bios :)

ALSO, i will be sending ya some donation casho for this ( brother loves his np6110 with perma bios (unleash the beast))

I have sometimes that I cant change the BLCK in XTU, just like now, when it does work I can set it to 104 etc. But when it doesn't the option is completely missing.

I don't use sleep or use battery power so im really confused as why I cant see the option...

BCLK sometimes acts funny, ask Khenglish ;) .

Sometimes a chipset, XTU or ME driver update cause this. Also removing the Power while the system is off resets the ME Firmware and may help to get it back.

Hi, I'm using the latest 1.1v for the P157SM.

I'm trying to swap the FN key and Super key and I enabled the option in the BIOS but nothing changed?

Any workarounds?

Thanks.

Sorry, worked for my tester but doesn't seem to work on certain (other) keyboard models.

PREMA I thought the P170EM had limited multipliers in the BIOS? Was hoping to be able to up it 4 times for for Linux.

All the Mods do except the P-EM...if you know your CPUs stable values I could hardcode them for you.

EDIT:

Never mind I have figured out why my error

Thank you again will have fun with this bios :)

ALSO, i will be sending ya some donation casho for this ( brother loves his np6110 with perma bios (unleash the beast))

:D

Clevo has pushed updates for P37xSM and P570SM. They are in the OP, but I am not sure if they work on the Enduro P1xxSM. There is also a v007...

Anyone? I'm also asking on an italian forum but I had no luck for the moment.

Prema might not have to throw me a mail 7970m vbios 026 or 028 version as well as possible with enduro 8970m vbios thanks in advance

Make yourself useful around the forum and after you get download rights (5 posts+), you can find them here in the forums... ;)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic