[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema! Thank you! For your great work!

When can we expect a bios update for P150EM? :)

Once I get the GTX780M support finished, which is quite a lot of work, spent again the whole day on it today...

Once I get the GTX780M support finished, which is quite a lot of work, spent again the whole day on it today...

You can do it!

Also I know it's a bit out, but do you think the work you are doing to get the 780m to work will "future proof" the P150EM so that upcoming 20nm cards work as well?

Hey Prema, just wanted to confirm, I have a Sager np9170, so if I download P170EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2 and install it I should be good to go correct?

Correct, if your Windows key is on the left. :)

Hi mate, about w230st latest upgrade:

It's an entirely new base, I highly recommend to update! ;)

Well the fan behavior is worst for me. It's more frequently on at low loads, and is now "pulsing" once every 5-10s (at low speeds at least)..

Beside, I can't see any benefit. Is it possible to downgrade to .04 or .05 bios / ec or am I at risk there ?

That's very odd, I never even hear the fan, like ever...no pulsing either...your temps maybe exactly between two values...I didn't try to downgrade, Clevo issued no warning like on other models, but their changelogs are a joke anyway...

I checked my temperatures and fan behavior for the W230ST with the latest BIOS and didn't notice anything odd with it. If anything, it turns on a lot less frequently. Though I do have a lot of changes made on my system so it performs exactly as I want it to...

Latest stock BIOS & EC for W230ST, P1xxSM & P570WM added to OP!

It's a simple one step flash method and fixes the 8970M UEFI mode black screen issue for P1xxSM models.

ENJOY! ;)

That's very odd, I never even hear the fan, like ever...no pulsing either...your temps maybe exactly between two values...I didn't try to downgrade, Clevo issued no warning like on other models, but their changelogs are a joke anyway...

It's doing it right now, and my temps are 48-52.. am in quiet / power saver mode.

I assume the fan should be off on those temps.

I'll try the latest stock first, see if something changes.

Could the ME firmware/drivers play a role here, or is it EC only ?

edit: now it's 58-63, same story.

as soon as it's reaching 65 though, the mid-level fan speed kicks in and the pulsing goes off.

when it's coming back under 65, the pulsing stays off for a minute or so, then starts again, pretty irritating ^^

Prema Mod v1.1 for W230ST now in the OP.

Changelog:

- Rebased to BIOS & EC 1.03.02

- Updated:

Realtek LAN to v2.58

Haswell CPU Microcode to v17 (6C3)

- Added option to disable dGPU (OS X support, not a power saving measure)

- A little polish here and there ;)

To install OS X 10.9:

- Disable dGPU (Main > Setup)

- Set OS to "other" (Boot > UEFI Setting)

- Enable UEFI - " -

- Disable "CFG lock" (Advanced > CPU Configuration)

Add these lines for HD4600 GPU to config.plist:

<dict><dict>

Graphics

ig-platform-id
0x0a260006

Use Clover to Boot!

Share your tweaks, to get all stuff going.

ENJOY! :)</dict></dict>

any chance having this on the w110er ?</dict>

Latest stock BIOS & EC for W230ST, P1xxSM & P570WM added to OP!

It's a simple one step flash method and fixes the 8970M UEFI mode black screen issue for P1xxSM models.

ENJOY! ;)

I have looked several times in two different browsers, but I don't see the P1xxSM modified bios in the first posts. I only see the stock bios. I even waited to see if it was a cache issue but still no go.

any chance having this on the w110er ?

It's already in my personal beta... ;)

I have looked several times in two different browsers, but I don't see the P1xxSM modified bios in the first posts. I only see the stock bios. I even waited to see if it was a cache issue but still no go.

That's why it says "stock" BIOS. ;)

Because of the update I have to re-base the whole Mod again, I made Mods for 4 different bases now for P1xxSM, none of them finished because Clevo always brings another update before I am done. :livid:

flashed to latest stock w230 bios, and fan is fine again... which is weird because the EC is the same.

so the only conclusion I could draw was that there was kind of a problem with the flash when I tried your latest mod...

well, it's nice to have a normal fan again, I'll stay like that as for now =)

Maybe the EC was never reset last time (pull the PSU for 30s after flash)?! :)

EDIT: You are not stuck with stock now. In this case you can also "downgrade" to the latest Mod. ;)

That's why it says "stock" BIOS. ;)

Because of the update I have to re-base the whole Mod again, I made Mods for 4 different bases now for P1xxSM, none of them finished because Clevo always brings another update before I am done. :livid:

You mean you had it posted it, but then Clevo released a new bios today and you had to redo it? Btw, for the bios, stock and mod, it would be nice to see a date next to each one. That way it is easier to know if it is new.

Nope, "unfinished", like in "internal". I never posted any public Mod for that model.

The BIOS and EC revision is part of the filename and usually I don't update anything without changing the revision.

The first number is the BIOS the second the EC the third the Prema Mod version.

So for example "P570WM3_10_08_PM_v2" is:

BIOS v10

EC v08

Prema Mod v2

Maybe the EC was never reset last time (pull the PSU for 30s after flash)?! :)

EDIT: You are not stuck with stock now. In this case you can also "downgrade" to the latest Mod. ;)

Well I can remember I did it, at least 1 minute maybe 2 or more.

I don't really have a need for your modded one, but I may try it again, just to check if it's fine this time around.

My bad, I misread your post and thought it said mod instead of stock, i.e. latest mod bios posted. I guess I have been waiting for it so long, it was just my brain jumping to conclusions. I wondered why there wasn't more excitement about it. OK, back to waiting mode. :)

Hi Prema. You can make the memory work in dual channel mode ?

Clevo P150EMX (i7 - 3630QM) and kingston PnP - 8GB Kit* (2x4GB) - DDR3 2133MHz CL12 SODIMM http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX21S12P1K2_8.pdf

The T2 version of the Mod should work with that RAM. :)

Hey Prema, a few questions for you.

How do i check my main bios version?

Do i need to have a certain bios version in order to flash the gtx680m oc vbios?

Press F2 during boot to enter the BIOS setup menu, which shows us BIOS & EC revisions.

You should have BIOS v17 and EC v11 in order to use GTX680M vBIOS v33.

Press F2 during boot to enter the BIOS setup menu, which shows us BIOS & EC revisions.

You should have BIOS v17 and EC v11 in order to use GTX680M vBIOS v33.

In the first post you mentioned that "

• P1x0EM: IF THE CURRENT SYSTEM BIOS / EC IS 1.00.03 OR EARLIER, IT IS MANDATORY TO UPDATE TO 1.00.04 BEFORE USING THIS MOD! "

Where can I find this update and how do i go about doing it?

Should i be using P150EM_17_11_PM_v2.rar or P150EM_17_11_Stock.rar ?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic