[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

HI!PREMA

I have used your V2 BIOS on my P150EM,it looks all right.But when I installed the XTU,the installation didn't finish properly.The error codes is 0x80070643.

Logs:

hey @Prema

Try a different version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.<wbr>com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=<wbr>%22%22extreme+tuning+utility%<wbr>22%22

are you aware on the wattage limit on the clevo p370sm3 in the bios.

im getting a second PSU to = 660w and i want to make sure my notebook will utilize full capabilities.

Well it's designed for 2x330W PSUs, there should be no problems. :)

EDIT: P570WMx User > DO NOT USE THESE MODS IF YOUR CURRENT BIOS/EC IS v1.03.xx <

IV-E doesn't work with older BIOS base and you will have to wait for an update to the Mod!

Prima,

When flashing the Bios on the laptop is there any change to the embeded windows product key that is installed on the Bios?

Jacob Eli Goodson

Clevo doesn't have keys in their BIOS.

Will this mod work on ANY P150EM? I currently have a Malibal P150EM with its own BIOS that has no fan functions or any of that. I fixed the cooling system so that it's much better than stock but the last thing I want to do is brick it.

Also, do these BIOS for P150EM give any advantage to a system with the 3610qm CPU or is the overclocking still locked?

Will this mod work on ANY P150EM? I currently have a Malibal P150EM with its own BIOS that has no fan functions or any of that. I fixed the cooling system so that it's much better than stock but the last thing I want to do is brick it.

Also, do these BIOS for P150EM give any advantage to a system with the 3610qm CPU or is the overclocking still locked?

YES ANY Clevo, Sager etc, they are ALL the same, everything else is a lie. There is NOT a single EC or BIOS since Sandy Bridge where you cannot flash from one vendor to another.

You will gain Intel XTU support for RAM, BCLK, iGPU OC even when using a 3610QM, it will also Turbo Longer and reaches its full clocks for CPU intense tasks among many other tweaks. :)

YES ANY Clevo, Sager etc, they are ALL the same, everything else is a lie. There is NOT a single EC or BIOS since Sandy Bridge where you cannot flash from one vendor to another.

You will gain Intel XTU support for RAM, BCLK, iGPU OC even when using a 3610QM, it will also Turbo Longer and reaches its full clocks for CPU intense tasks among many other tweaks. :)

Allright then, I've got v1 ready on a thumb drive. I hope this works.

As for restoring stock BIOS in case I need warranty service, my EC is 1.00.05EU (BIOS 1.02.14) Is that compatible with the stock roms you've provided? I'm taking no risks and will ask too many questions now rather than later :48_002:

What is the status on the PxxxSM models, the Haswell models, for BIOS and EC?

Getting along well... :)

Allright then, I've got v1 ready on a thumb drive. I hope this works.

As for restoring stock BIOS in case I need warranty service, my EC is 1.00.05EU (BIOS 1.02.14) Is that compatible with the stock roms you've provided? I'm taking no risks and will ask too many questions now rather than later :48_002:

Sure stock Clevo works for anything, too.

OK so I've successfully flashed the BIOS and I'm in Windows after AMD driver BSOD. Hopefully a driver reinstall is all that is actually needed. Will update.

Success! Can boost base clock to 104MHz stably. Now for the VBIOS so I can OC that slightly :upset:

hi, i've had my p150em a while and want to upgrade my cpu to the 3940xm, since my laptop gets quite warm anyway thought this BIOS might be a good idea. Only problem is i've never flashed a bios before, can anyone give me a little guide just saying what i need to do, though i cant download it yet anyway so no rush xD

You will gain Intel XTU support for RAM, BCLK, iGPU OC even when using a 3610QM, it will also Turbo Longer and reaches its full clocks for CPU intense tasks among many other tweaks. smile.png

OK so all is working great. I've referenced your mods in a post I've had on Clevo cooling problems that has been semi popular on Notebookreview's forums. Hopefully you can get some donations through there. Thanks for the help!

hi, i've had my p150em a while and want to upgrade my cpu to the 3940xm, since my laptop gets quite warm anyway thought this BIOS might be a good idea. Only problem is i've never flashed a bios before, can anyone give me a little guide just saying what i need to do, though i cant download it yet anyway so no rush xD

A majority of users with heat problems in the P150EM are victims of slacking off by Clevo's system installers. Many people have heatsinks that are anything but flush, and heat pipes leveraging cooling blocks off of the dies unevenly. I had to bend some heat pipes and etc to get mine much more flush, dropping temps by about 10C in my rig. With the bottom lid off, it drops another 15c because their ventilation ports are inferior. I've got a tutorial on this subject on another forum.

Clevo P150 and P170 cooling systems neglected by Clevo! (solutions here) This is the original post with user interaction and feedback which may help more than just the post in and of itself. You need to log in to see the photos.

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/5275-clevo-p150-p170-cooling-systems-neglected-clevo-slacking-off-solutions-here.html Here's a repost made to Techinferno's forums so you don't have to log in for photos.

Hi dude, what's with those new 1.03.02 bios & EC ?

Whereas they used to be numbered 1.00.0x and now that, what's the deal ?

Is the new numerotation because of the 8.1 support ?

Just their naming scheme, 1.02.xx was to mark Win 8 releases and now 1.03.xx Win 8.1.

Why do you say that those with firmware 1.03.xx should not install your custom EC and BIOS? I don't understand how this could brick a board. Why wouldn't your firmware work as before? Thank you!

The 1.03.xx BIOS for P570WM enables IV-E support, if people downgrade to old stock or Mod version it simply won't boot anymore as those don't support the new CPUs.

Also certain downgrades have been proven to brick Clevo systems in the past, so it's not recommended in general even with stock BIOS and has nothing to do with the Mod in particular.

Just their naming scheme, 1.02.xx was to mark Win 8 releases and now 1.03.xx Win 8.1.
That's what is troubling me, I didn't see any 1.02.xx releases, last one were 1.00.06 ! Well no big deal, just found it was a bit strange... Really hope to see a new EC that fixes the fan issue from Clevo soon, are you still working on it ?

Cheers

Installed this a while ago on my NP6350 and for the most part it's been working great. No performance or usability problems. Small issue with fan speeds though. After the fan has been running at moderate to high speed for a while (30+ minutes of gaming, for example), the fan will get stuck at full speed, but dropping to the speed it's "supposed" to be running for a brief moment every couple of seconds.

E.g., after the game is exited the fan will continue to run at 100% for a second, then drop to 0-10% for about a quarter of a second, then back up to 100% for a second, and repeat like that forever, until rebooted.

Fn+1/Fn+9 works fine most of the time, but once this problem starts they just change the speed at which the fan jumps briefly before returning to 100%.

Installed this a while ago on my NP6350 and for the most part it's been working great. No performance or usability problems. Small issue with fan speeds though. After the fan has been running at moderate to high speed for a while (30+ minutes of gaming, for example), the fan will get stuck at full speed, but dropping to the speed it's "supposed" to be running for a brief moment every couple of seconds.

E.g., after the game is exited the fan will continue to run at 100% for a second, then drop to 0-10% for about a quarter of a second, then back up to 100% for a second, and repeat like that forever, until rebooted.

Fn+1/Fn+9 works fine most of the time, but once this problem starts they just change the speed at which the fan jumps briefly before returning to 100%.

Did you do Fn+1 or Fn+9 twice, i.e. do full fan speed twice, then wait a bit?

Just read the post about not being 1.03.xx friendly, is it 1.02.xx friendly? As I have that bios currently, it does have UEFI boot compatability but thats it. Also since your bios allows fan control does that mean it's compatible with speed fan?

That's what is troubling me, I didn't see any 1.02.xx releases, last one were 1.00.06 ! Well no big deal, just found it was a bit strange... Really hope to see a new EC that fixes the fan issue from Clevo soon, are you still working on it ?

Cheers

It is Clevos internal naming scheme. 1.02.xx BIOS only exist for last years IV Models, not for Haswell. Nothing to worry about.

Just press FN+1 or FN+9 again to disable full fan override.

The interval is called “pulsing” and occurs when we use full fan override. It’s caused by how the EC works…it has been like this since HM series models…

If CPU or GPU reach a temperature, where it normally would adjust the fan speed, the “full speed option” overwrites it causing this small delay.

So for example when the temp is low the pulsing is stronger as it would normally shut the fans down, when the load/temp is higher it is much less as the EC doesn't try to adjust the fans constantly into an other spinning speed.

Just read the post about not being 1.03.xx friendly, is it 1.02.xx friendly? As I have that bios currently, it does have UEFI boot compatability but thats it. Also since your bios allows fan control does that mean it's compatible with speed fan?

As of now 1.03 is not relevant for anyone except P570WMx user that have an IV-E, they can not downgrade to an older BIOS. For others I would suggest doing it...

No speed fan support...

Super noob back with a couple more questions. Just got the modded bios from rapidshare. Do i need to change anything in the fparts file or do i leave it as is? And how recommended is it that i flash from 1.02.xx to your supplied stock bios? (I just don't want to screw things up some how xD). Last question, do i need to reinstall windows after flashing the bios or is it fine to keep my current installation? I know I'm probably asking loads of stupid questions but it's my first time at this and just want it to go well. (To note, i have win7 installed on a mSATA SSD rather than a HDD incase that has implications).

I currently own the "W350ST". Can I use the BIOS you're sporting for the W350ET on this machine? I would like to set my own fan control parameters as there doesn't appear to be any logical pattern currently. The CPU will happily hit 95 Celsius before the fan spins up to it's max speed, The CPU can be at 100% utilization and still the fan will not kick in till it's throttling time.

I've managed to play around with VBios settings getting a far greater GPU overclock using the Kepler BIOS tweaker but it appears that the CPU is the main threat cause the TDP of the heatsink can't handle the 4700mq. If your current BIOS for the "W350ET" works just as well then that'll do great! Otherwise is there any tools out there I can use to modify the existing BIOS from this page here: W35xST/W37xST Series ???

Thanks in advance

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic