[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Try to load setup defaults then set it to Win 8 and save end exit the BIOS menu.

Next time you enter BIOS select and set your boot device directly in BIOS boot order page.

Should be called "Windows Bootloader" if it's installed in Win8 UEFI mode.

Dear Prema, thanks for advice. I tried these steps several times. Now I can summarize:

Model: Sager NP9130 (February 2013) - Clevo P151EM1

Stock BIOSRevision: 1.02.17LS1

Stock KBC/ECFirmware Revision: 1.02.11SA

Current BIOS Revision: 1.02.17PM v2 (Prema Mod)

I load setup defaults and set these settings:

UEFI Boot = Enabled

OS Selected = Windows 8

SATA Mode = RAID Mode

save and exit. After restart BIOS setup window appears automatically everytime. Windows 8 does not load. Because Boot device list is empty: no "Windows Bootloader", no HDDs or SSDs!

Maybe It helps.

Another question: Is it possible to flash stock BIOS from Sager P151EM17.LS1 (913bv17ls1.7z) after Prema Mod safe and without issues? Should I use instructions from Sager or I can use BIOS Recovery (BIOS RECOVERY | Prema Mod) with USB flash drive contains renamed P151EM17.LS1 (to P15EMx.rom)?

Dear Prema, thanks for advice. I tried these steps several times. Now I can summarize:

Model: Sager NP9130 (February 2013) - Clevo P151EM1

Stock BIOSRevision: 1.02.17LS1

Stock KBC/ECFirmware Revision: 1.02.11SA

Current BIOS Revision: 1.02.17PM v2 (Prema Mod)

I load setup defaults and set these settings:

UEFI Boot = Enabled

OS Selected = Windows 8

SATA Mode = RAID Mode

save and exit. After restart BIOS setup window appears automatically everytime. Windows 8 does not load. Because Boot device list is empty: no "Windows Bootloader", no HDDs or SSDs!

Maybe It helps.

Another question: Is it possible to flash stock BIOS from Sager P151EM17.LS1 (913bv17ls1.7z) after Prema Mod safe and without issues? Should I use instructions from Sager or I can use BIOS Recovery (BIOS RECOVERY | Prema Mod) with USB flash drive contains renamed P151EM17.LS1 (to P15EMx.rom)?

Hmm for some reason it can't see the existing partition with the windows boot loader...maybe try to switch the drives physically in their slots?

Yes you can flash that specific BIOS over the Mod and also keep the Mod EC.

I would suggest to do that, then backup your files, install the Mod and make a fresh RAID array.

The Mod uses the latest RAID modules (for TRIM etc), so maybe that's the reason...

Added Prema Mod v1 for W230ST to the OP.

Changelog:

Updated:

-Realtek LAN to v2.57

-Intel Sata Driver and RAID-ROM to v12.7.0.1936

-Intel UEFI vBIOS updated to v5.0.1035

-Haswell CPU Microcodes to v16 (651,6C3)

- Enabled NON Win8 UEFI boot mode

- Activated option to disable bootlogo

- Added CPU Current, Voltage and Power/Time Control for Intel XTU & Throttlestop 6.0

- Added Plug’N'Play support for RAM up to 2133Mhz

- Added RAM OC feature up to 2667Mhz

- Added tons of additional menu items (CPU OC, iGPU OC, disable cores…)

- unlocked GTX765M Overclocking Limit

- Prema Mod Style v3.1

ENJOY!

>>> Tutorials <<<

>>> Intel XTU <<<

>>> Latest Hotkey <<< (Win8, to show FN+1 Full Fan)

I have important question for me,

I wanna buy w230st,

Can i fully disable hd4600 in bios?

Can i activate ahci hddd mode?

1. nope (All video signals are routed through the iGPU. disabling it just leads to no video)

2. yep

I've always thought about doing this but havent' taken it on. Now that my warranty is expiring Im getting the urge again. Have people who have done this noticed any increases in stability or any side benefits besides the addtional features listed? Just the ability for the fan control makes me want to upgrade. Just curious if there are any "fringe benefits". :)

Hi im not sure if this thread is still being updated.

but i bought a clevo P15EM i think ? from Novatech.

The bios is already custom by novatech since i see the logo when booted up "Novatech"

Would i still be able to flash the bios with this mod ? if there is already a custom bios installed?

What is the risk of flashing the bios aswell if anyone knows.

Hi im not sure if this thread is still being updated.

but i bought a clevo P15EM i think ? from Novatech.

The bios is already custom by novatech since i see the logo when booted up "Novatech"

Would i still be able to flash the bios with this mod ? if there is already a custom bios installed?

What is the risk of flashing the bios aswell if anyone knows.

It's just the logo that's custom. You can update to the Mod as long as you are on a minimum version of 1.00.04.

(You can see the current version on the first page of the F2 setup menu)

W230st bios 05 is latest bois ?

yup ;)

I added color correction profiles for Chi Mei Innolux N133HSE-EA1 (W230ST IPS) & LG LP116WH4-SLN2 (W110ER IPS) to the 4th post of this thread!

ENJOY! :)

Hi, I am a newbie at this so could you tell me if I have the latest version of these? When I go into Bios it says:

ME FW Version 9.0.13.1402

BIOS version 1.00.05TSZ

KBC/EC Firmware Revision 1.Test

That is the short of it, the long of it is: I am in China and bought the Clevo W230ST. It does not come with an OS here so I thought I would stick on 8.1 preview Windows and get the full version in a week or so. I get a lot of Bsod though, normally with the error Driver_Power_State_Failure. I have had others though. I have tried to track down all the latest drivers but still have one unknown one and I don't think that is the issue. I had resigned myself to waiting for 8.1 to come out and try that as hopefully it will be more complete and there will be drivers that support it.

People mention Bios 5 is the latest one, the last digit on my BIOS version means it is up to date then right?

I also noticed this morning that when I boot up sometimes next to were it says 4700QM 2.40Ghz it says 3.1GHz and sometimes 3.2GHz and when I run the CPU stress test in Intel ETU My CPU Frequency only gets to 3.09GHz and it should go a lot higher than that right(3.4?)? Is this BIOS related or do I have a dodgy unit? Or even possibly Win8.1 preview related? (not likely I would have though)

I am going crazy here so sorry for the length. I would just try the latest BIOS in case it is later than my own but I am not sure what will happen if you try and update with the same version and I don't want to risk bricking it ( a new phrase I learnt on these forums :))

Thanks for any help! Can happily give more info.

Hi, I am a newbie at this so could you tell me if I have the latest version of these? When I go into Bios it says:

ME FW Version 9.0.13.1402

BIOS version 1.00.05TSZ

KBC/EC Firmware Revision 1.Test

That is the short of it, the long of it is: I am in China and bought the Clevo W230ST. It does not come with an OS here so I thought I would stick on 8.1 preview Windows and get the full version in a week or so. I get a lot of Bsod though, normally with the error Driver_Power_State_Failure. I have had others though. I have tried to track down all the latest drivers but still have one unknown one and I don't think that is the issue. I had resigned myself to waiting for 8.1 to come out and try that as hopefully it will be more complete and there will be drivers that support it.

People mention Bios 5 is the latest one, the last digit on my BIOS version means it is up to date then right?

I also noticed this morning that when I boot up sometimes next to were it says 4700QM 2.40Ghz it says 3.1GHz and sometimes 3.2GHz and when I run the CPU stress test in Intel ETU My CPU Frequency only gets to 3.09GHz and it should go a lot higher than that right(3.4?)? Is this BIOS related or do I have a dodgy unit? Or even possibly Win8.1 preview related? (not likely I would have though)

I am going crazy here so sorry for the length. I would just try the latest BIOS in case it is later than my own but I am not sure what will happen if you try and update with the same version and I don't want to risk bricking it ( a new phrase I learnt on these forums :))

Thanks for any help! Can happily give more info.

Welcome to T|I !

Your BIOS is up to date, (the TSZ is just a vendor code), but your EC is oooold....

Please click on the link in my sig and grab the W230ST Mod (or stock BIOS/EC) and update your system.

Then come back and let us know how things are...:)

Hi Prema,

thanks for your hard work. Looks like I cannot change ram timings on my W230ST. The bios auto set himself to 2133 and 12-12-12. I'm trying to put to 1866 11-11-11 as per SPD but everytime i change the timing they get resetted to 12...

Any hints?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hi Prema,

thanks for your hard work. Looks like I cannot change ram timings on my W230ST. The bios auto set himself to 2133 and 12-12-12. I'm trying to put to 1866 11-11-11 as per SPD but everytime i change the timing they get resetted to 12...

Any hints?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

To load the SPD Timing Table matching the RAM speed

In BIOS:

- Press F3 to load setup defaults

- change RAM speed to desired speed (1866Mhz in your case)

- save and exit

To use that SPD Timing Table with another RAM speed:

- back in BIOS select a new RAM speed (2133Mhz for example)

- save and exit

Not good news.

I tried to flash the bios with the stock BIOS and EF. I activited Step1 fine, it seemed to install well and it shut down the computer. After leaving it a minute it did not reboot itself and I assumed it wouldn't so i switched it on and proceeded with step2.

Step2 proceded to delete and install certain blocks and and after doing this a few times (beeping throughout which i take to be normal) it got to 30 something percent and the beeping stopped and it shut itself down.

After waiting a bit i booted up again. The 3 lights in the top left corner would flash for a bit and the fan would spin up pretty fast for a while and then it would shut itself off.

I then took out the main batter for a bit and put it back in. After doing that I got no reaction and thought it was completely dead. I walked out the room and came back in and the power was on again but the screen is dead. Im getting power through the USB ports (mouse light is on and cooling pad works) and i can even control the backlight with the Fn key. However nothing else seems to happen. If i boot with the USB in the light on it flashes a few times everynow and then but that is it.

I have flashed bios's a few times but it has never gone wrong before! :(

I don't know why.

Is there anything I can do? There is a button battery on the motherboard. If I take this out will that reset the BIOS? My brother says on his desktop motherboard there is even a little thing to load the factory BIOS backup, does this motherboad have anything like this?

Any help would be most most appreciated.

Not good news.

I tried to flash the bios with the stock BIOS and EF. I activited Step1 fine, it seemed to install well and it shut down the computer. After leaving it a minute it did not reboot itself and I assumed it wouldn't so i switched it on and proceeded with step2.

Step2 proceded to delete and install certain blocks and and after doing this a few times (beeping throughout which i take to be normal) it got to 30 something percent and the beeping stopped and it shut itself down.

After waiting a bit i booted up again. The 3 lights in the top left corner would flash for a bit and the fan would spin up pretty fast for a while and then it would shut itself off.

I then took out the main batter for a bit and put it back in. After doing that I got no reaction and thought it was completely dead. I walked out the room and came back in and the power was on again but the screen is dead. Im getting power through the USB ports (mouse light is on and cooling pad works) and i can even control the backlight with the Fn key. However nothing else seems to happen. If i boot with the USB in the light on it flashes a few times everynow and then but that is it.

I have flashed bios's a few times but it has never gone wrong before! :(

I don't know why.

Is there anything I can do? There is a button battery on the motherboard. If I take this out will that reset the BIOS? My brother says on his desktop motherboard there is even a little thing to load the factory BIOS backup, does this motherboad have anything like this?

Any help would be most most appreciated.

No worries! That's THX to Clevos genius way of updating the EC which may result in some cases in a thermal shutdown...I guess I will have to edit the stock BIOS update to prevent this... EDIT: DONE ;)

It would have been better if you would have flashed the Mod directly as I made sure this can't happen with it, but well this is what you do now:

- Rename the stock v5 BIOS file "W230ST.05" to exactly "W230ST.rom" and put that file on the USB and into the USB 2 port.

- While booting the system press and hold the "FN" and the "B" buttons.

- A recovery menu will appear which will allow you to re-flash the BIOS

- After that install the Mod the regular (readme) way and ENJOY your system in all its glory! :)

When we have bios for our p370sm? Prema?

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Even I don't know... I do the best I can for you guys! ;)

OK, so I'm apparently completely inept, but I can't figure out what the benefits of having this modded BIOS is? I have a Sager NP9150 that I've flashed with this BIOS, but aside from the snazzy boot screen grafx and the fact that my Windows 7 now indicates that it's not genuine anymore, I don't seen any new options in the BIOS menu and my computer benchmarks exactly the same as it did before the flash. What am I missing here?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic