[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema,

please, help me ... i tryed to update my bios on Santech M58 (the same hardware of Clevo P170EM) and i brick it's BIOS ....

I tried the P170EM_17_12_PM_v2.rar and i got problems on restarting my windows 7 - 64 bit

Then i tried the P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T.rar and i got the same problem ....

So i roll-back to the stock P170EM_17_12_Stock.rar Bios and i got problems ... the system hangs.

Now i'm trying to restart the computer with the Fn + "B" procedure, my USB pen drive (with a LED inside) flash for about 10 seconds, then stops and nothing happens, the computer switch off and don't restarts.

Only the Fn + "B" procedure restart the USB pen drive but nothing appears on the screen.

I probably don't understand the emergency recovery procedure (rename the file PM17EM_08.rom .... etc) .... which file/s i have to rename?

Please help me !!!

Many many many thanks in advance. :too_sad:

Alberto

Prema, from what temperature the fan from the gpu should go to the maximum speed? (such as use the FN+6)? Some users wrote that after flashing your bios their temps dropped because gpu fan working on max speed from 80 C, for me, is worlking like a stock bios.

Hi Prema,

please, help me ... i tryed to update my bios on Santech M58 (the same hardware of Clevo P170EM) and i brick it's BIOS ....

I tried the P170EM_17_12_PM_v2.rar and i got problems on restarting my windows 7 - 64 bit

Then i tried the P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T.rar and i got the same problem ....

So i roll-back to the stock P170EM_17_12_Stock.rar Bios and i got problems ... the system hangs.

Now i'm trying to restart the computer with the Fn + "B" procedure, my USB pen drive (with a LED inside) flash for about 10 seconds, then stops and nothing happens, the computer switch off and don't restarts.

Only the Fn + "B" procedure restart the USB pen drive but nothing appears on the screen.

I probably don't understand the emergency recovery procedure (rename the file PM17EM_08.rom .... etc) .... which file/s i have to rename?

Please help me !!!

Many many many thanks in advance. :too_sad:

Alberto

There is no way to brick it with the files that you used...

Just do a CMOS reset as described here in point 1 and it should be fine:

BIOS RECOVERY | Prema Mod

There is no way to brick it with the files that you used...

Just do a CMOS reset as described here in point 1 and it should be fine:

BIOS RECOVERY | Prema Mod

Hi,

the system don't start anymore, there is no way to reboot from a USB pen drive, nothni appears on the screen ... only the Fn + "B" procedure give me sone access to the USB pen drive (i see it whit the flash of it's internal led) .... bot agai nothing appear on the screen .... after about 2 minutes the system go off.

Please explain me thi fn + "B" procedure and the exactly file i have to put on the root: the pen drive must be formatted with booting files or simply formatted?

Have i to put only the file .rom?

The filename is alwais P17EM_08.rom?

The original file is: P170EM.17 fon my computer?

I get it from the P170EM_17_12_Stock.rar package?

Many tanks again ....

Prema, from what temperature the fan from the gpu should go to the maximum speed? (such as use the FN+6)? Some users wrote that after flashing your bios their temps dropped because gpu fan working on max speed from 80 C, for me, is worlking like a stock bios.

IRC Full fan duty is always above 90c...if you want the fans to spin up faster you can flash the P170EM EC on the P150EM BIOS...but people complained about more noise so I didn't make it the standard.

Hi,

the system don't start anymore, there is no way to reboot from a USB pen drive, nothni appears on the screen ... only the Fn + "B" procedure give me sone access to the USB pen drive (i see it whit the flash of it's internal led) .... bot agai nothing appear on the screen .... after about 2 minutes the system go off.

Please explain me thi fn + "B" procedure and the exactly file i have to put on the root: the pen drive must be formatted with booting files or simply formatted?

Have i to put only the file .rom?

The filename is alwais P17EM_08.rom?

The original file is: P170EM.17 fon my computer?

I get it from the P170EM_17_12_Stock.rar package?

Many tanks again ....

Do you remember your old BIOS and EC version?

Hi.

Have You any modded bios for P370SM?

Thx

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Not yet... ;)

IRC Full fan duty is always above 90c...if you want the fans to spin up faster you can flash the P170EM EC on the P150EM BIOS...but people complained about more noise so I didn't make it the standard.

Do you remember your old BIOS and EC version?

Not yet... ;)

Hi Prema,

yes, my original bios was http://www.santech.it/BIOS/M58/M58_1.07+EC06.zip i installed it on 03-09-2012.

News ... i found the CMOS battery under the keyboard, i disconnect it and remove the main battery and the power supply ... nothing happens ... the system don't restart anymore ... also the Fn + "B" procedure don't work, only sometimes ... about 1 times every 20 restart of the computer, in this case the sistem search for the USB pen drive connected ....

Hi Prema,

yes, my original bios was http://www.santech.it/BIOS/M58/M58_1.07+EC06.zip i installed it on 03-09-2012.

News ... i found the CMOS battery under the keyboard, i disconnect it and remove the main battery and the power supply ... nothing happens ... the system don't restart anymore ... also the Fn + "B" procedure don't work, only sometimes ... about 1 times every 20 restart of the computer, in this case the sistem search for the USB pen drive connected ....

Please try to boot with only 1 RAM stick...

Hey where is my last post?

I respond to Prema about his answer .....

However mi last working original bios was : BIOS v 1.07 ECBios 1.06 (i still have that file).

Please tell me something if you think i can fix the problem, i'm lost without my computer from 3 days .... :culpability:

Thanks

Hi Prema, yesterday i flashed my bios with your version but I really don't know if its "working" because I didn't notice any differences and i don't have the full fan mode.

I'm instaled the last version on your blog with the left win key option.

Hey where is my last post?

I respond to Prema about his answer .....

However mi last working original bios was : BIOS v 1.07 ECBios 1.06 (i still have that file).

Please tell me something if you think i can fix the problem, i'm lost without my computer from 3 days .... :culpability:

Thanks

A couple of posts are missing...they don't show as deleted either...maybe the database had a rollback...though I never saw your reply > Did you try to boot with only one memory stick?

...anyway it is not possible to brick it by just coming from that version and flashing any of the v2 Mods or stock BIOS, something must have gone wrong during the last flash...you said that you went back from the v2 Mod to the stock BIOS & EC provided here or on the blog correct?

So I would assume you now have some sort of corrupted latest BIOS/EC (Mod or Stock)?!

YES, the recovery file name is "P17EM_08.rom" (rename the stock P170EM.17 BIOS file)...

Hi Prema, yesterday i flashed my bios with your version but I really don't know if its "working" because I didn't notice any differences and i don't have the full fan mode.

I'm instaled the last version on your blog with the left win key option.

You should see the Prema Mod boot logo and the BIOS version in the F2 boot menu should have the letters "PM" after the BIOS & EC version names..

If you don't have that then it didn't flash...follow the readme, it is very important to have the PSU connected or it cannot flash properly ;)

You should see the Prema Mod boot logo and the BIOS version in the F2 boot menu should have the letters "PM" after the BIOS & EC version names..

If you don't have that then it didn't flash...follow the readme, it is very important to have the PSU connected or it cannot flash properly ;)

Yes, the version is 1.02.17PM v2, but i really don't have the full fan speed mode...

Any advice ?

I trying to boot iAtkos ML3U using a pendrive, but Clevo is not recognizing it as bootable...

I have a P370EM with V2 bios, UEFI Enabled, Windows8/SecureBoot Disabled

It's a bios issue? :)

EDIT: I tryed with both, removable disk and local disk (2 different pendrives), same problem..

i've noticed that with new V2 bios, "UEFI: " label in Boot Option is not showed anymore

post-8250-14494995998721_thumb.png

post-8250-14494995998894_thumb.png

...anyway it is not possible to brick it by just coming from that version and flashing any of the v2 Mods or stock BIOS, something must have gone wrong during the last flash...you said that you went back from the v2 Mod to the stock BIOS & EC provided here or on the blog correct?

So I would assume you now have some sort of corrupted latest BIOS/EC (Mod or Stock)?!

YES, the recovery file name is "P17EM_08.rom" (rename the stock P170EM.17 BIOS file)...

Hi Prema,

nothing new

I tried as you described: 1 memory stick in slot 1, only the USB pen drive (no HDD, no DVD), remove power supply, remove the battery, remove the CMOS battery.

Then back: CMOS battery, main battery, power supply, then i start:

- Fn+"B" + power on (the system start power on)

- after 10 seconds the USB pen drive flash for about 10 seconds

- the system still power on for 20 seconds (the flash stops during this time)

- the system restart automatically, now the cases are 2:

-- if i keep pressing the Fn+"B" key it restart and retry the procedure from the start

-- if i release the keys the system try to restart but shut off automatically in about 2 seconds (then the POWER led start flashing in orange color - not green like when in normally power on, the flashing speed is a little slower then 1 flash per second).

On the USB pen there is only the file P170EM.17 renamed as P17EM_08.rom in the root on the memory (i try with FAT and FAT32).

The screen is ALWAYS OFF, also the backlight seems ALWAYS OFF (i dont see any black change during the power on .... seem that the display device is never initialized).

Any other idea?

Thanks

I trying to boot iAtkos ML3U using a pendrive, but Clevo is not recognizing it as bootable...

I have a P370EM with V2 bios, UEFI Enabled, Windows8/SecureBoot Disabled

It's a bios issue? :)

EDIT: I tryed with both, removable disk and local disk (2 different pendrives), same problem..

i've noticed that with new V2 bios, "UEFI: " label in Boot Option is not showed anymore

UEFI is enabled by default...you may load setup defaults and safe and exit (UEFI gets disabled when switching to Win8 mode and then back), after that the F7 boot options should show the UEFI USB device...

Hi Prema,

nothing new

I tried as you described: 1 memory stick in slot 1, only the USB pen drive (no HDD, no DVD), remove power supply, remove the battery, remove the CMOS battery.

Then back: CMOS battery, main battery, power supply, then i start:

- Fn+"B" + power on (the system start power on)

- after 10 seconds the USB pen drive flash for about 10 seconds

- the system still power on for 20 seconds (the flash stops during this time)

- the system restart automatically, now the cases are 2:

-- if i keep pressing the Fn+"B" key it restart and retry the procedure from the start

-- if i release the keys the system try to restart but shut off automatically in about 2 seconds (then the POWER led start flashing in orange color - not green like when in normally power on, the flashing speed is a little slower then 1 flash per second).

On the USB pen there is only the file P170EM.17 renamed as P17EM_08.rom in the root on the memory (i try with FAT and FAT32).

The screen is ALWAYS OFF, also the backlight seems ALWAYS OFF (i dont see any black change during the power on .... seem that the display device is never initialized).

Any other idea?

Thanks

Sorry but something must have gone wrong during the last flash while returning to the stock BIOS...

Hi guys!

I have p170em, bios - 1.00.03.

sometime i encounter a blue screen. Because of what?

That BIOS is VERY OLD, make sure you update to BIOS & EC v4 before using my Mod or updating to the latest stock BIOS...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic