[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema, I just installed your latest BIOS on my NP9170 (P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T.rar) and I'm noticing a couple minor issues:

1. This BIOS is supposed to have the Windows key on the right side, yes? Because it's not working for me, the Windows key is still in the left side. My keyboard is one of Sager's newer ones with the Windows 8 logo on the left side and was hoping this would move it to the right, where the Fn key currently is. Full fan is working on Fn+9.

2. The resolution in UEFI mode seems to be 640x480 instead of the native resolution. I notice this because on the Bitlocker screen where I enter my key, it's all stretched and blurry. Also, the boot logo is the regular blue Windows logo, where it should be a custom boot image, yes?

1. That feature its mainly to be able to maintain the current layout without being forced to swap keys...while the FN+9 version detects newer keyboards models automatically and adjusts the key-layout, only older keyboard version user can decide which side they want to use their FN key on...the FN+1 version on the other hand forces Win key on the left...

2. Did you switch the OS selection back to "Win8" in BIOS ? UEFI is ON by default but not Win8... ;)

How about to support i7 3630qm overclocking? It is possible to stable working on 4x ddr3 8gb ram's on 2133 frequency?

Its not possible to OC CPUs lower than 3720QM via BIOS handles, we could change/adjust the clock-spectrum in SSDT table, but that isn't a clean/stable solution for all user...

1. That feature its mainly to be able to maintain the current layout without being forced to swap keys...while the FN+9 version detects newer keyboards models automatically and adjusts the key-layout, only older keyboard version user can decide which side they want to use their FN key on...the FN+1 version on the other hand forces Win key on the left...

2. Did you switch the OS selection back to "Win8" in BIOS ? UEFI is ON by default but not Win8... ;)

Its not possible to OC CPUs lower than 3720QM via BIOS handles, we could change/adjust the clock-spectrum in SSDT table, but that isn't a clean/stable solution for all user...

1. That's a shame. Coming from an MSI G series, I still never got used to having the Fn key on the right and the Windows key on the left. I assume there's no way at all to change this behavior on newer keyboards?

2. I had the OS set to Windows 8 instead of Others, but it still wasn't doing it. What I ended up doing was clearing my CMOS by unplugging the battery, and it worked. Strangely, when it wasn't working before, the BIOS allowed me to select both UEFI and MBR OSes (ie, WIndows 8 UEFI as well as the USB DOS stick used to update the BIOS), which I thought was actually a feature, but sadly that is now gone after doing that.

1. That's a shame. Coming from an MSI G series, I still never got used to having the Fn key on the right and the Windows key on the left. I assume there's no way at all to change this behavior on newer keyboards?

2. I had the OS set to Windows 8 instead of Others, but it still wasn't doing it. What I ended up doing was clearing my CMOS by unplugging the battery, and it worked. Strangely, when it wasn't working before, the BIOS allowed me to select both UEFI and MBR OSes (ie, WIndows 8 UEFI as well as the USB DOS stick used to update the BIOS), which I thought was actually a feature, but sadly that is now gone after doing that.

1. nope

2. UEFI is enabled by default, additionally Win8 mode can be added to get the BGRT boot logo etc. If Win8 mode is enabled and afterwards disabled then UEFI is disabled and needs to be manually re-enabled.

UEFI is enabled by default, additionally Win8 mode can be added to get the BGRT boot logo etc. If Win8 mode is enabled and afterwards disabled then UEFI is disabled and needs to be manually re-enabled.

Hello there I have been using all the mods from the community (BIOS, vBIOS, light controller) which are great btw. Only sometime ago I have started to notice that my GPU (GTX680m) has been "shutting down" like if I leave it idle for too long it is like I have removed my gpu (not detected by the system, games or even nvidia control panel) and only restarting makes it active again. Sometimes after a full shutdown and turning on I get a BSOD the system restarts and boots normally, I think it is due to the gpu not being detected on the first boot. I haven't tried rolling back to stock everything yet. Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on? Could it be a hardware failure? Cheers

It is a real pity to hear that the 2920XM ES has no support.

@ P170HM everything worked fine (OC @ 4.5GHz)

It just needs a special Mod version on the EM models...made one for Khenglish, works fine now...

Same for HM, only a certain ES version worked fine the older ones need a Mod...

Unfortunately after trying to flash my bios with your mod, I have been unable to boot and continue to see the boot manager not found error. There must be something that I missed even though I was sure to have followed all instructions correctly and checked the various prerequisites.

I have read all over the net, through the appropriate readmes, but am still at a loss.

I have also tried to access bios recovery but the use of fn+b does not work, the instructions given here have unfortunately not worked for me.

My system is a P150EM

Any advice would be much appreciated.

p.s I have been able to boot into windows by changing the loading order and selecting my secondary hdd (no os installed) as my primary boot device replacing the ssd (os installed).

I have no idea why that needed to be done.

I have to send my Sager NP9150 off for warranty support. I currently have the most recent bios mod. I have searched and most people agree that you can revert to stock bios with no problem. There are a few conflicting reports, so I just wanted to verify a few things before I flashed:

1) Prema bios most likely doesn't invalidate my warranty with Sager, but just in case I should revert to stock bios?

2) I download the "P150EM BIOS 17 EC11" bios from Prema's site and flash like I would for Prema's bios mod?

I have to send my Sager NP9150 off for warranty support. I currently have the most recent bios mod. I have searched and most people agree that you can revert to stock bios with no problem. There are a few conflicting reports, so I just wanted to verify a few things before I flashed:

1) Prema bios most likely doesn't invalidate my warranty with Sager, but just in case I should revert to stock bios?

Depends on the re-seller, haven't heard of a case where someone really lost their warranty because of using the Mod, one guy flashed his board to death ,because of his own oversight, and they told him to pay for it...

2) I download the "P150EM BIOS 17 EC11" bios from Prema's site and flash like I would for Prema's bios mod?

Correct. :)

These are the latest 'Stock Clevo BIOS & EC' files combined into a single flash!

Make sure to select the version for your model and follow the flashing guide!

Please use the recovery guide in case of problems.

ENJOY being up-to-date!

:angel:

P.S.: I am constantly collecting the latest versions to improve my mods.

In case you come by any newer files or a vendor specific version from Metabox, Sager etc, kindly post them here!

Prema! I will owe you a beer if you can help me resolve this one! I am going to have to RMA my 9370. I need to put stock bios back on. I backed up my bios file and EC - but the external I had it on failed. I did manage to get the bios backup off but that does me no good without the proper EC. The main problem with the stock you have posted is that it has a "NotePal" boot logo rather than a Sager one - which I am sure is as intended. Where can I get a stock copy of Sager's? Or the appropriate EC? What information do I need to provide or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks for your help - ugh! Haha.

Give me moment...OK check your PM ;)

Hey Prema,

I was wondering what the best way to revert back to stock BIOS is. Nothing wrong with your BIOS, I just need to check something out. I was looking at your stock BIOS options on your site (STOCK BIOS & EC | Prema Mod) and I was wondering if it matters if I have a Sager laptop as those seem to be for Clevo. I know Sager and Clevo have slightly different BIOS.

Should I go ahead and use that one anyway, or should I get another? I know NBR has the thread of Clevo and Sager BIOS, and I was wondering if these are safe to switch to.

@ Prema

Is there a chance to make a single mod bios for 2920XM ES @ P170EM?

...for a donation. :)

Please PM me a GPU-Z screenshot.

Hey Prema,

I was wondering what the best way to revert back to stock BIOS is. Nothing wrong with your BIOS, I just need to check something out. I was looking at your stock BIOS options on your site (STOCK BIOS & EC | Prema Mod) and I was wondering if it matters if I have a Sager laptop as those seem to be for Clevo. I know Sager and Clevo have slightly different BIOS.

Should I go ahead and use that one anyway, or should I get another? I know NBR has the thread of Clevo and Sager BIOS, and I was wondering if these are safe to switch to.

Clevo/Sager etc. doesn't matter, just use the stock BIOS/EC that I have uploaded here and on the blog and you will be fine.

Hy Prema

Could you tell me where you bought your GTX 780m? That would be nice :)

And how is your progress to bring the 780m on the P150EM?

Sorry, the seller doesn't want to be mentioned...

Here you go regarding GTX780M in EM:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3771-gtx780m-hm-em-models-5.html#post62781

Please PM me a GPU-Z screenshot.

You mean CPU-Z, right?

post-15179-14494995995426_thumb.jpg

I can set the open multiplier via Throttlestop but the oc > x34 doesnt work with Throttlestop or XTU.

Stock is max. x34 with Turbo.

@ pic its one example

I've installed definitely my "old" 2920XM from P170HM Notebook. CPU-Z does not display correctly.

Today I've installed Windows 7 new. Yesterday shows Windows via XTU FSB-Settings.

Today no longer.

post-15179-14494995995622_thumb.jpg

You mean CPU-Z, right?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8770[/ATTACH]

I can set the open multiplier via Throttlestop but the oc > x34 doesnt work with Throttlestop or XTU.

Stock is max. x34 with Turbo.

@ pic its one example

I've installed definitely my "old" 2920XM from P170HM Notebook. CPU-Z does not display correctly.

Today I've installed Windows 7 new. Yesterday shows Windows via XTU FSB-Settings.

Today no longer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8771[/ATTACH]

Reinstall XTU to regain BCLK control. BCLK is really annoying like that.

As for overclocking with multipliers clevos have problems with that CPU due to poor BIOS coding. I think prema has more experience with it in HMs so he can add more.

Stock is max. x34 with Turbo...

I sent you a special Mod via PM...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic